Cyberpunk 2077 -

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
I think people just want the game to fail due to how long it's been since the announcement.
I don't get that either. Nobody is trying to undermine Starfield or TES6 just because they've supposedly been in production since forever.
i think its one of the following:
1. People still mad about how much praise Witcher 3 got.
2. People who just want to bait people and make them ebin mad bro xd.
3. People who don't like/understand Cyberpunk as a setting but are somehow still interested regardless.
4. People who got their unbelievably high expectations shattered after the 2018 trailer came out and 2077 turned out to be just a bideogame and no the second coming of Christ.
5. Literal re... exceptional individuals obsessed with politics. You know, borderline schizos who see "signs" everywhere.
Still none of those are a great excuse.

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
Where are they wrong, though?

The longer the development goes on the more features seem to go missing. That's not a good sign and doesn't inspire confidence.
What feature would you actually miss?
Lets be honest, everything "cut" is either extremely unnecessary fluff (apartments, honestly who cares), small (wall running) or it was never there in the first place (dual wielding).
From what i heard the devs are not afraid to cut stuff that doesn't mesh well with the game.
So while they are describing their creative process to journos, and they go and say "this and that was REMOVED" and get lots of clicks on their blogpost article.
The reason why people are loosing confidence is because they read headlines from desperate bloggers who write entire articles based on a single tweet.
And they don't even bother to check if the headline is real or not.

tl;dr - its conformation bias.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What feature would you actually miss?
Lets be honest, everything "cut" is either extremely unnecessary fluff (apartments, honestly who cares), small (wall running) or it was never there in the first place (dual wielding).
From what i heard the devs are not afraid to cut stuff that doesn't mesh well with the game.
So while they are describing their creative process to journos, and they go and say "this and that was REMOVED" and get lots of clicks on their blogpost article.
The reason why people are loosing confidence is because they read headlines from desperate bloggers who write entire articles based on a single tweet.
And they don't even bother to check if the headline is real or not.

tl;dr - its conformation bias.
I'd say removing techie perk tree is concerning.

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
I'd say removing techie perk tree is concerning.
Sounds concerning until you read what they said.
First of all techie wasn't a class, this game doesn't have classes it has archetypes.
Some of the more techie archetype skills overlapped with netrunner skills so they just merged them instead of having duplicates. They were too similar so they changed them. That's it.
Its like having "magic missile" and "magic bolt" in your game and just making it one skill instead of 2.
That's what that means and that's what i mean by people only reading headlines.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sounds concerning until you read what they said.
First of all techie wasn't a class, this game doesn't have classes it has archetypes.
Some of the more techie archetype skills overlapped with netrunner skills so they just merged them instead of having duplicates. They were too similar so they changed them. That's it.
Its like having "magic missile" and "magic bolt" in your game and just making it one skill instead of 2.
That's what that means and that's what i mean by people only reading headlines.
How do you get Techie and Netrunner mixed up? That's like getting Rigger and Decker mixed up. If they were worried about it being too similar to each other maybe they should have kept spiderbots for it or other drones, maybe keep vehicle customization at a discount, etc.

You're not really gonna convince me this isn't gonna be Watch_Dogs level of disappointment... or even the original Fable.

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
How do you get Techie and Netrunner mixed up? That's like getting Rigger and Decker mixed up. If they were worried about it being too similar to each other maybe they should have kept spiderbots for it or other drones, maybe keep vehicle customization at a discount, etc.
Techie - *fix* a switch to open a door.
Netrunner - *hack* a switch to open a door.
In that scenario one of those is unnecessary so it gets REMOVED OMG.
Not every skill from the techie archetype got scrapped ffs i clearly said that only some of them did.
You're not really gonna convince me this isn't gonna be Watch_Dogs level of disappointment... or even the original Fable.
Don't worry i'm not delusional. I just want to waste some time talking to a wall honestly.
What do they mean by they "removed wardrobes", you mean you can't choose what clothes you're wearing?
No, they mean that you cant walk up to a wardrobe and choose a model of what you want to wear from a hanger. That's literally it. Big deal i know.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Techie - *fix* a switch to open a door.
Netrunner - *hack* a switch to open a door.
In that scenario one of those is unnecessary so it gets REMOVED OMG.
Not every skill from the techie archetype got scrapped ffs i clearly said that only some of them did.
It'd be more... Techie fixes analog-ish door or repairs a nearby machinery to crash through door.
Netrunner would hack keypad or hijack someone to open the door for them.

Not only that there'd be Medtechs too that could have you able to save people by bypassing a wasted medkit or going to Zone B to get medicine for guy in Zone A. The fact they keep stripping things makes me genuinely wonder how much variation there is left in the story.

Don't worry i'm not delusional. I just want to waste some time talking to a wall honestly.
Thanks, I've been working out. 💪

Aquinas

https://i.imgur.com/l3EkPBg.png
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What in the fuck are you talking about? 2020 legit had classes, which granted boiled down to prefered skills and one unique skill other classes dont get

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
What in the fuck are you talking about? 2020 legit had classes, which granted boiled down to prefered skills and one unique skill other classes dont get
Yea, a tabletop RPG Cyberpunk 2020 had classes.
A video game RPG Cyberpunk 2077 does not, if you want more of 2020 then just wait for Cyberpunk RED.
Recreating a tabletop experience in a video game 1 to 1 is literally impossible so why would you even try. Its better to just do like Fallout and let you choose.
It'd be more... Techie fixes analog-ish door or repairs a nearby machinery to crash through door.
Netrunner would hack keypad or hijack someone to open the door for them.
Cool great, but that's not my point. My point was that those "cut" abilities were mechanically identical.
Making your RPG have a billion ways to open a door is not great game design, you'll rather have the player have multiple abilities to do different things rather than just one.
What you proposed would be cool because you are doing different things to get the door opened, and those abilities are still in. (and no, they literally can't "cut" them so don't worry)

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cool great, but that's not my point. My point was that those "cut" abilities were mechanically identical.
Making your RPG have a billion ways to open a door is not great game design, you'll rather have the player have multiple abilities to do different things rather than just one.
What you proposed would be cool because you are doing different things to get the door opened, and those abilities are still in. (and no, they literally can't "cut" them so don't worry)
Eh, flavor matters. Otherwise you're gonna end up with a terrible tasting suicide. The soda, not the cause of death.

Either way, we strayed too far from the point. If you're constantly delaying a game and showing less for it each time, that's horrible management. Possibly Obsidian tier. The difference is from before Obsidian showed soul, they don't anymore and honestly everything I've seen from Cyberpunk 2077 lacks soul. It all seems cookie cutter as far as characters are concerned and I could be wrong come release, but the MC being a quiplord kills it for me. I'd rather a mute MC to be honest.

If you lack a net positive in terms of features as development goes on, that's not good. You can take some things out, but it seems like all they've done is take shit out. Headline misunderstanding or no.

Plus they've been on something of a woke parade and I'm hearing from Polacks that they hired people straight out of the studio behind Mass Effect Andromeda. Which would probably explain why they can't keep shit in to get it to work. I mean Andromeda was a failure at every level; from narrative to programming. The woke parade matters because usually developers do that because they know something is amiss, possibly that this game won't live up to hype or that something is seriously wrong in hierarchical management getting fuses mixed up. I don't think they believe what they preach to the extent Twitter does, but it's rarely a good sign as it's used to distract from key failings.

Call me a pessimist or a wall, but I've witnessed this industry long enough to know when something smells rotten.

Tags
None