Cybersecurity 101 -

LikeicareKF

Always remember, Null favours me over you
kiwifarms.net
I dunno I just learned about tor and someone told me.
"Don't travel kiwi farms unequipped. It's dangerous out there. Here take this!"
Kiwi farms is like a kindergarten, and you cant dox someone with an IP

The only thing that can harm you on here is if you're exceptional and post your personal information, and even then you're a nobody so it wouldn't matter

Skymiss

Unhuman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The only thing that can harm you on here is if you're exceptional and post your personal information, and even then you're a nobody so it wouldn't matter
Thanks for the info!

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If it's their ISP, you can with a subpoena. An ISP is not going to stick up for you or spend a dime on it, they'll just hand it over.

Also if they're not very smart a lot of residential IP addresses have computers on them that aren't exactly secure. If they have an unsecured share on their network containing personally identifying information, that could certainly get you.

It's way more inconvenient than it's worth to connect here with tor, though. A VPN that takes Bitcoin would be a lot faster and easier, unlike tor exit nodes that get banned as soon as they hit the blacklist.

LikeicareKF

Always remember, Null favours me over you
kiwifarms.net
If it's their ISP, you can with a subpoena. An ISP is not going to stick up for you or spend a dime on it, they'll just hand it over.

Also if they're not very smart a lot of residential IP addresses have computers on them that aren't exactly secure. If they have an unsecured share on their network containing personally identifying information, that could certainly get you.

It's way more inconvenient than it's worth to connect here with tor, though. A VPN that takes Bitcoin would be a lot faster and easier, unlike tor exit nodes that get banned as soon as they hit the blacklist.
I said you cant dox someone with an IP, which is true

You can use an IP after doing 20 barrel rolls and putting a shoe on your head for the ISP but nobody is going to do that to get the personal information of a normal person on an autistic webforum

Also that is only in the US, in Australia our personal privacy laws come before most criminal charges

DNJACK

Part of the EDF communauty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

my isp has assured me they dont give shit without a judge's order.

Unattended Baby

Certified proof that babies are idiots 2016 - 2016
kiwifarms.net
I know it was said in the OP, but I'll reiterate: Don't be a cunt on the internet.

• Autistic
Reactions: Large

Wilkins

Jim Henson's angry ghost
kiwifarms.net
Considering Laurelai has now basically promised to spend hundreds of hours on the forum to compile dossiers on people, I'm featuring this thread again.
He/she/it/whatever did the same thing to Lulzsec in 2011 and gave the dossiers to the FBI.

Private chat logs actually, but you get the gist.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
He/she/it/whatever did the same thing to Lulzsec in 2011 and gave the dossiers to the FBI.

Private chat logs actually, but you get the gist.
Well we're not Lulzsec. We don't break the law. The worst you can do to my members is make them look like jerks, but I think protecting people from shit like that is within my purview.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino