Cybersecurity 101 -

AltisticRight

"People of Colour" users should be shot
kiwifarms.net
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/social-book-post-manager/ljfidlkcmdmmibngdfikhffffdmphjae
Use this to nuke your kikebook and never post there again. It takes a long time depending on how much shit there is, and it will randomly freeze. Just set the speed to slowest and delete away.

This is for people wanting to keep a kikebook account but doesn't want posts in there backfiring. I do it for projects that require their god-awful chatting app.

Never link to flickr, photobucket, 500px, etc.

Don't post videos right after commenting on it with perhaps a somewhat personal account. Easy to just filter via post time and track down the person by picking up to typing habits or other rather critical information (politics). This is especially easy for very old videos with no traffic.

That's all I have.

The Man From G.R.I.D.S.

Hobosexual
kiwifarms.net
Some people involved with antifa create fake accounts on various sites they attempt to infiltrate using poorly secured dox (account names, avatars) of right wing people they know irl. This way the blowback is on a hated rival who will then either be life ruined or sue the site in question. There's no reason you can't do the same here, only using random normie dox or those of a more obscure cow. This could produce inter-cow drama and should - imo as a complete loser and backseat driver - be considered if it hasn't already.

Vrakks

Please... I go by Gold Diamond now.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some people involved with antifa create fake accounts on various sites they attempt to infiltrate using poorly secured dox (account names, avatars) of right wing people they know irl. This way the blowback is on a hated rival who will then either be life ruined or sue the site in question. There's no reason you can't do the same here, only using random normie dox or those of a more obscure cow. This could produce inter-cow drama and should - imo as a complete loser and backseat driver - be considered if it hasn't already.
Like the address you posted in that new thread?

Nobody4353

Archivist and Cyber Security Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I found another tool for cleaning and analyzing metadata in images it works on Linux and in Windows with power shell (if python is installed), it is called MAT (Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit)

MAT: https://github.com/jubalh/MAT
MAT2: https://0xacab.org/jvoisin/mat2

Warning: There are risks to using MAT2 at the moment since it is still in beta.

To view the metadata in a file:
Code:
mat -c <file name>
To remove the metadata in the file:
Code:
mat <file name>
MAT does work on other file formats, but since most of the files uploaded to websites are images, its mostly used on them.

• Informative
Reactions: John.of.Bulgaria

Larry Thorne

52nd most famous Finn of all time.
kiwifarms.net
Nice work but the usage should be view by default, not wipe.
Always make the non-destructive option the standard.

• Informative
Reactions: Nobody4353

The Man From G.R.I.D.S.

Hobosexual
kiwifarms.net
Kinda over the top but if you are ever lif-ruined due to doxing - like Emily Youcis ruinage, permanently umemployable and stalked by loons who want to rape and kill you (not necessarily in that order) - you can always change your name. IMO the best thing you can do is change it to the most common name for your sex in your country. Good luck finding Michael Smith in the USA.

From what I read this can only be invalidated in the USA if you do it to escape a debt. You can I think get a SS card and definitely other IDs legally made in your new name. It's not much but it makes starting a new life somewhere else much easier, especially if your name is rare.

Dingo

kiwifarms.net
Just a heads-up note as I can't see it covered here, url shorteners are a security risk as they can route through tracking sites and collect your IP address and user agent.

url shorteners such as goo.gl and bit.ly, Grabify offers a tracking service.

grabify.link

Okay I tried it and it's fucking scary how easily YOU could be tracked opening harmless links. It can be particularly dangerous opening a shortened link in a PM as the attacker can pin the IP on the user.

Last edited:

Cable 7

kiwifarms.net
HTML 5 Canvas Fingerprinting, a relatively new way of tracking users (even if you're hiding behind a VPN) ;) https://browserleaks.com/canvas

To resist fingerprinting in Firefox. about : config and change privacy.resistFingerprinting to true

Further reading on browser security. https://browserleaks.com/
Intresting side effect I've noticed is that if you disable it, resized webpages won't stay thier size (I.E: Scaling the KF website up to 90% won't stay if you close its window and reopen it.

Krimjob

Resident God-Emperor
kiwifarms.net
So would people recommend using VPN while commenting here? Haven't felt the need for it, but then again, that was before the NZ shooting. Feels like govts in Sweden and Europe might start stalking their citizens (As they already record several years of IP logs).

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net
So would people recommend using VPN while commenting here? Haven't felt the need for it, but then again, that was before the NZ shooting. Feels like govts in Sweden and Europe might start stalking their citizens (As they already record several years of IP logs).
Yes, use at minimum a VPN. InfoSec is best thought of as a type of hygiene, built up from small, thoughtful habits to protect your identity online. Always follow the principle of least privilege and never give out information that isn't absolutely required to participate- and always consider whether the cost of participation is worth it (I do not have a twitter because I am unwilling to associate a phone number with my account).

A VPN is a good place to start building your habits because it's easy to use and provides a significant baseline of security at a very low cost. If you are not too techie, use a basic package from a large VPN provider. The OP for this thread has a great rundown of other important habits to break when on the web and they're absolutely all worth following.

One of the main concerns isn't always "What will X happen to me today for posting on KF?" but "What could happen in the future if there's a trail from KF back to my real identity?" Look at how KF is suddenly in the MSM and being mislabeled as a propaganda tool- if all you do is come and shitpost about a moron or two online, suddenly you're a racist alt-righter who actively supports terrorism and CP. The truth never matters because people are always out for blood and it will get worse before it gets better. The safest strategy is to simply be a dog on the internet whose shitposting will someday fade into obscurity as you move on to other things in life or die.

Doomguy246

kiwifarms.net
#2: Never use the same name twice.
The most common mistake. The best way to deal with this, of course, is to not use the same username more than one place. Especially not here. If there's no way to link you back to a Facebook account or another place you might've used your real name, there's no threat. 90% of the time, this is how people fuck up.
Does a email using the same name I use here I registered just to re4gister here count?

I'm curious.

Degenerated

Artesté
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but I don't know how big of a deal it would be. I guess if you've registered to a bunch of incredibly sketchy sites using your Doomguy246 @hotmail.com (or whatever mail) some people could link the mail name to your kiwi name and make fun of you. If the mail is just for this site though then you're probably fine.

I would make sure the mail and kiwi have different passwords, though. If a breach happens and someone is bored they could tie your mail name to your kiwi name. Then use that password to haxor into your kiwi account for whatever means.

Last edited:

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net
Does a email using the same name I use here I registered just to re4gister here count?

I'm curious.
If you're gonna do anon browsing at all, try and think of your different internet uses as completely separate personas. When you start a new job, you are typically given a new email that you use to make new accounts for whatever services you gotta use. The same should be for your shitposting. Take a look through some of the Lolcow OPs to see how people are doxed; that should give you an idea of just how easy it is to tie accounts together.

• Agree
Reactions: Dingo
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino