Cybersecurity 101 -

Arkanian

kiwifarms.net
- Never post an image from Facebook. It is 100% possible to take a Facebook URL and get your profile from use. Upload directly the site (but change the filename).

can someone elaborate on this? it sounds like the image has some numbers that can be traced to your facebook page

Calculus

kiwifarms.net
can someone elaborate on this? it sounds like the image has some numbers that can be traced to your facebook page
See here:

The best way to remove all data is to take a screencap of the image. That only leaves reverse image searching (Google/Tineye/Yandex) or using the photo visual contents as ways to trace the origin.

Calculus

kiwifarms.net
See here:

The best way to remove all data is to take a screencap of the image. That only leaves reverse image searching (Google/Tineye/Yandex) or using the photo visual contents as ways to trace the origin.
Also don’t put any identifying information in the file name if you’re going to upload it somewhere. Depending on the website, this may show up in the page source even if it isn’t visible on the site itself.

Reactions: Kosher Salt

The giant penis of doom

unleashes its mighty erection upon the world
kiwifarms.net
What is wrong with password managers that keep your passwords on a server (like Lastpass), assuming you trust them to actually encrypt it in a way that only you can decrypt it?

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is wrong with password managers that keep your passwords on a server (like Lastpass), assuming you trust them to actually encrypt it in a way that only you can decrypt it?
They had a massive data breach last August affecting 16 million users

Edit wrong month

Pinochet Was Right

And he did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't fucking trust 3rd party password managers with anything. I already trust Google and Microsoft with some normie shit, but for the real touchy stuff like clone accounts, troll accounts and this very site? I have a notebook with passwords written in Japanese in my cupboard. Only vulnerable to a break-in by a weeb that knows proper Revised Hepburn romanization.

By the way, who the fuck still uses Photofuckit? Every now and then a dumbass at plebbit posts a pic uploaded to that fucking unusable relic of early 00s internet.

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
Lessons from @Drain Todger 's downfall:
- If you write something long, don't copy and paste it across multiple sites, especially if it contains memorable phrases or uncommon words. Laconic and simple is the best.
- DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT send any Word documents especially if your name is in the author field. Converting to .odt should solve this problem.
- Don't talk about where you live. If you can't resist the urge to do so, pretend you live about 30 minutes from where you actually live, so you're relatively familiar with that area but also actually a ways from it.
- If they know some of your personal information, don't assume they know all of it. At a minimum, don't make it easy for them to find out the rest.

Tags
None