Daily Drawing Thread - Try to post at least once a day and see how long you can go.

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Definitely not Dobson

But, what if...?
kiwifarms.net
Day thirty two.

032.png

Malagor the dank omen

I will sit in your town in raiding stance
kiwifarms.net
A month without drawing has been hard on me. I broke the routine and i paid the price making this month a total slog for myself. But i really needed it.

This week has been more of a control session for me, checking if my skills were still doing fine and up to par. I got mixed results but not too dissapointed.

I did this one on Tuesday for starters (i was busy on monday). Despite the postures being very stiff, they still look good. I need to do studies on clothing in order to improve.
IMG_0467.JPG

Wednsday and Thursday were doing this page. First the faces and then the items in order to see if i could remember the details and how to do my spergy characters. So far, everything went very well. I really enjoyed doing the objects tho.
IMG_0469.JPG

Today was to work on my weakest point: hands, legs and arms. I really need to do a work on these, mainly in shape and proportions. Hand proportions are my weakest point, as well as drawing those from a perspective. I need to do a lot of practise in perspective once i nail these suckers down.
IMG_0470.JPG

Now on the weekend i need to plan the next week. I will most likely work on proportions.

Phys

kiwifarms.net
I did this one on Tuesday for starters (i was busy on monday). Despite the postures being very stiff, they still look good. I need to do studies on clothing in order to improve.
View attachment 2691593
Not sure if this was the intention, but I can't help but notice the feminine body shape of the man in the drawing. Generally a regular male body follows a more rectangular shape rather than the female "pear" shape.

On this thread, I might post? Been craving to improve at drawing to execute some ideas I have. Might be too shy on one hand.

Malagor the dank omen

kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this was the intention, but I can't help but notice the feminine body shape of the man in the drawing. Generally a regular male body follows a more rectangular shape rather than the female "pear" shape.

On this thread, I might post? Been craving to improve at drawing to execute some ideas I have. Might be too shy on one hand.
I know i fucked it up with the guy and i should have made the shoulders a bit broader. But i really wanted to convey that sort of "thin and lithe" kind of puny guy with his physique. But after a month not drawing i should have expected something like this. And i need to do more anatomy studies in general for all sorts of different body types.

Malagor the dank omen

kiwifarms.net
Well, another week and more work done. Some is good and others are not that good, but it's good effort nonetheless.
Started the week with this one. Pretty ok by my standards. Which reminds me that one day i need to start practising with color pencils to make proper drawings. But for now, practise is getting somewhere and i'm pretty happy.
IMG_0472.JPG

Second one on Tuesday was also pretty good. I think the pose is a bit wonky but i still like it a lot. This also reminds me i need to practise on the details of clothes like textures and wrinkles. Not everything is tight to the body.
IMG_0473.JPG

Third one could be much better. Specially with the hands. I more or less did it well on the previous two but on this one i really fucked up the hands. I should note constantly that guys have bigger hands than women. But still, good pose and decent anatomy altogether. I also need to do more practise in every single field when it comes to objects.
IMG_0474.JPG

The last one of the week isn't really that good. I really fucked up the pose and the wings look far from good. Still a good attempt nonetheless, but i need to do much better than this. I probably need to look for better references since everything i did this week was without references.
IMG_0475.JPG

And that's it for the week. I hope your eyes aren't bleeding from all of this. Next week i'll probably keep doing more full body drawings showing hands and arms. It's easy when you draw one thing by itself, but pretty hard when you draw everything together. But maybe i'm trying too hard.

Definitely not Dobson

But, what if...?
kiwifarms.net
And that's it for the week. I hope your eyes aren't bleeding from all of this. Next week i'll probably keep doing more full body drawings showing hands and arms. It's easy when you draw one thing by itself, but pretty hard when you draw everything together. But maybe i'm trying too hard.

Don't be afraid to take a break once in a while. Sometimes you need to distance from your work to improve, as contradictory as it sounds. Anyway, if you wanna do daily exercises, I always recommend doing 1/3/5/10 minutes sketches.
Quickposes is an excellent resource when it comes to gesture drawing, it'll help with the stiffness of your poses.

I'll probably start doing daily drawings again some time soon; I'm planning on buying a new tablet, because my 15+ year old tablet is too frustrating.

Malagor the dank omen

kiwifarms.net
Don't be afraid to take a break once in a while. Sometimes you need to distance from your work to improve, as contradictory as it sounds. Anyway, if you wanna do daily exercises, I always recommend doing 1/3/5/10 minutes sketches.
Quickposes is an excellent resource when it comes to gesture drawing, it'll help with the stiffness of your poses.

I'll probably start doing daily drawings again some time soon; I'm planning on buying a new tablet, because my 15+ year old tablet is too frustrating.
tbh, after sitting out the month of october i was itching to go back to drawing and i'm thankful that a month away from my sketchbook hasn't affected my skill much. Now i'm just frantic about doing more and better because i want to make up for the time i stayed out of this. And even if things now look ok, they have to look much better.

Gesture drawing might help me a lot getting a hold on the proper flow of the body, specially since i want to move into action poses and the like.

MerriedxReldnahc

International Man of Pancakes
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm juggling comic plans and a painting but I wanted to get back on my bullshit!

Day 1- Zatz from Maya and the Three

I'm not familiar with the series but DeviantArt is doing a "draw this dude and get a cool badge" thing and I thought he looked neato and wanted to do my own take on him. I will definitely check out the show since I love mesoamerican art. I'll be doing a lot more with this when I have time.
20211114_193836.jpg

MerriedxReldnahc

International Man of Pancakes
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those watercolors? Damn, that is some amazing coloring there. You really nailed that one.
This reminds me i need to break out my color pencils.
Thank you! It's actually prismacolor and copic markers with a bit of colored pencil and white gel pen. I might do a watercolor piece of him in the future though, he's perfect for the style of painting I've been doing lately.
*Edited so as not to doublepost again, here's Day 3, some random marker birbs
20211116_204715.jpg

Last edited: