Careercow Dan Harmon - Creator of Community, co-creator of Rick and Morty, and barely functional alcoholic

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Whaddya mean booze ain't food?!
kiwifarms.net
Plus it's a fairly high budget show when you consider that Brendan has the animators accurately animate the extremely fast paced and highly technical guitar playing.
This one is always a weird aspect to me because I like the dedication to syncing the animation to the music, but outside the music scenes the animation's kinda shit, as in you can tell during dialogue scenes that it's somewhat limited. Not that it detracts from the show or anything but you can tell Metalocalypse's strength is in its writing and aesthetics rather than the animation when characters are doing anything but playing music.

Last edited:

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
Hi. New to this thread. I enjoyed S1 and 2 of Rick and Morty. S3 was okay. Still catching up on Harmon. Had no idea he was this much of a sped. Kinda bummed I missed out on all this while watching the show over the years.

In this interview, the fat asian chick (writer of Pickle Rick) not only reveals that the therapist who's always right is a self insert, she also says she wanted that self insert to dominate Rick and definitively have the last word over him. Yeah...(starts at about 20:30)

Also funny that they hired someone who wrote on such marvelous shows such as the annoying orange and big time rush before. They must've really hired her for her past experience. Her name's Jessica Gao.

View attachment 1115128

Completely off topic and not about Harmon. Still thought I'd post here.

Apparently Justin tweeted this bdsm pic of his girlfriend(?) a while back. Then quickly deleted it. Thought that was pretty funny/autistic.

Also, what's this all about? Do I want to know?

View attachment 1115138

Damn Justin stays winning. Didn't know he was still with the knockout star of Reporters, a Channy nominated blockbuster:

There was more to it than that. Sam was warned that the MDE subreddit "needed to be dealt with" and that his behavior on Twitter had to be kept in check. He didn't play ball and continued to draw negative attention. Sure, it was funny watching him spar with Buzzfeed reporters and shit, but there was no way AS was going to continue doing business with someone who refused to go through even a single layer of PR or drop character for a minute. Him getting a season of the show to begin with meant they were clearly fine with a controversial figure as long as he made some adjustments, but he didn't. I don't like Tim that much either, but I'd hardly say it was him pressing the button to nuke him from orbit for no reason at all.

The Subreddit existed before the show, as did Sam's Twitter and they knew what they were getting into. If you think this wasn't 100% cause of Tim and Joe and the pressure they caused, you're not paying attention. During Tim's Office Hours segment with Sam he basically admits to encouraging his fans to go after them and write in their complaints. This is a popular cope belief I've seen before often by people trying to explain why Charls fucked off to be a schitzo full time but its not true.

Go listen to it. He literally did hit the button to nuke from orbit. Why? I dunno, why does he think Trump is gonna nuke Mexico tomorrow? Why did he make a whole album about Herman Cain? Because he's a faggot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Water-T

I'M A SEXY 14 YEAR OLD BRATZ DOLL WITH PLUMP LIPS!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That doesn't surprise me in the least. Adult Swim has often done what it felt like, not necessarily what's a good business decision. For example, Squidbillies ratings were sluggish, so they decided to air an all night marathon of the show to get people to like it. Or how much they pushed Tim & Eric despite lukewarm reception. Sometimes they come off as having a charming, rebellious spirit. Most of the time it just feels like they shoot themselves in the foot.

They're tightwads too. Remember Korgoth not getting picked up for a series or Stroker & Hoop not getting another season because they didn't want to shell out the money for them?

Korgoth looked awesome, and Stroker & Hoop was great. AS fucked up by passing on them and wasting the cash on cringey, unfunny crap like Tim & Eric for years. At least they let Moral Orel finish telling its story.

Water-T

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol no they didn't

Season 3 is only half of what was planned.

I'm aware that Dino S. didn't get to tell everything (there were at least 7 episodes he wrote scripts for the final season but AS declined to fund them) and had to accelerate his timeline amd omit characters, but at least he got to conclude the story rather than leave everything hanging like Metalocalypse did.

Win98SE

kiwifarms.net
The Subreddit existed before the show, as did Sam's Twitter and they knew what they were getting into. If you think this wasn't 100% cause of Tim and Joe and the pressure they caused, you're not paying attention. During Tim's Office Hours segment with Sam he basically admits to encouraging his fans to go after them and write in their complaints. This is a popular cope belief I've seen before often by people trying to explain why Charls fucked off to be a schitzo full time but its not true.

I've been reading more into it. This is worth a listen.

AS execs were on board with renewing the show. Marketing department at AS tried to put up IRL billboards that said "MDE WORLD PEACE IS RACIST AND SEXIST" etc, then refused to produce marketing materials for the show when Sam stepped in. Someone at AS tried to break in to the studio and delete the show before it aired. According to Sam, Tim had very little to do with it, and AS execs had called WP "the new Tim and Eric" after Tim's later endeavors handn't done as well as Awesome Show. Tim trying to weaponize his audience pissed off Sam, but did little to sway the execs. The killshot was the hitpiece from Joe.

Digger10

kiwifarms.net
Which is stupid because the last season of Moral Orel was a masterpiece.

It's worse than that. They liked how dark the season 2 finale was and told them to continue that tone for the next season. When they did, they said "No, that's too dark".

Plus it's a fairly high budget show when you consider that Brendan has the animators accurately animate the extremely fast paced and highly technical guitar playing.

Yeah, but one season! One!

Water-T

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's worse than that. They liked how dark the season 2 finale was and told them to continue that tone for the next season. When they did, they said "No, that's too dark".

To be fair, that episode about Miss Scultpingham being the victim of a serial rapist was super dark because not only did it imply she aborted the child with a hanger, but purposely tried to get raped by him again because it as the only time she felt sexually fulfilled. Same goes with the one where Orel's mom is so numb emotionally and physically that she had to rely on vagina-destroying power tools as dildos just to get off. Or the coach that was fucking both of Orel's parents leading Orel to bathe in virgin blood.

Rekkington

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, that episode about Miss Scultpingham being the victim of a serial rapist was super dark because not only did it imply she aborted the child with a hanger, but purposely tried to get raped by him again because it as the only time she felt sexually fulfilled. Same goes with the one where Orel's mom is so numb emotionally and physically that she had to rely on vagina-destroying power tools as dildos just to get off. Or the coach that was fucking both of Orel's parents leading Orel to bathe in virgin blood.

why would anyone watch this wretched show

Rekkington

kiwifarms.net
Because it was good.

Sounds like you'd love a subversive show called Mr. Pickles, get this he's an adorable dog everyone loves but he is SATANIC and he keeps raping and murdering randomly and the joke is nobody pays attention. Also there's this show called Big Mouth where they draw the vaginas of 12 year old girls but it's WILD. I tell ya, these Jews really know how to take Christianity and Children down a peg!

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like you'd love a subversive show called Mr. Pickles, get this he's an adorable dog everyone loves but he is SATANIC and he keeps raping and murdering randomly and the joke is nobody pays attention. Also there's this show called Big Mouth where they draw the vaginas of 12 year old girls but it's WILD. I tell ya, these Jews really know how to take Christianity and Children down a peg!
The guy who created Moral Orel was trying to show the hypocrisy of certain types of Christians. Mr. Pickles is fucking stupid and ugly af and is about as edgy as a kid who has names written down in a Death Note.

Rekkington

kiwifarms.net
The guy who created Moral Orel was trying to show the hypocrisy of certain types of Christians. Mr. Pickles is fucking stupid and ugly af and is about as edgy as a kid who has names written down in a Death Note.

Wow, someone finally decided to take Middle American Christians down a peg? Scathing. Did they push the boundaries and show the housewife as sexually repressed and how fingering her own asshole blew her mind wide open?

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

We found Emily Youcis' alt!

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Is this the end of Adult Swim?
Adult Swim is a niche late night TV program orientated towards 18-34 year old males who are currently dropping Cable/network TV at the fastest rate compared to all the other demographics and the kids coming after them will likely drop it entirely.

Much like most network/cable TV, It was never a question of if Adult Swim was ending but when. With Lazzo leaving and R&M (and every other adult swim show) not getting the traction Turner executives want on TV, this might be a 5 year funeral for TV's Adult Swim. It won't be a quick death, like most TV, but I can't imagine Adult Swim lasting much longer than 5 years unless they get another massive hit like R&M.

I do specify TV because Adult Swim has a surprisingly strong internet presence compared to most TV programs and, if Turner broadcasting were smart, rebooting the brand as an "adult" only online alternative/subscription service would probably bring a moderate success out of their TV death. It could be a good way to boost Hulu subscriptions due to there not being many subscription service shows that go anywhere near the places many Adult Swims shows went/go.