Careercow Dan Harmon - Creator of Community, co-creator of Rick and Morty, and barely functional alcoholic

Shield Breaker

Blabber Mouth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The guy who created Moral Orel was trying to show the hypocrisy of certain types of Christians. Mr. Pickles is fucking stupid and ugly af and is about as edgy as a kid who has names written down in a Death Note.

The hell does this have to do with 'the hypocrisy of certain types of Christians'?
To be fair, that episode about Miss Scultpingham being the victim of a serial rapist was super dark because not only did it imply she aborted the child with a hanger, but purposely tried to get raped by him again because it as the only time she felt sexually fulfilled. Same goes with the one where Orel's mom is so numb emotionally and physically that she had to rely on vagina-destroying power tools as dildos just to get off. Or the coach that was fucking both of Orel's parents leading Orel to bathe in virgin blood.

It sounds like the type of 'satire' one would expect from r/atheism.

2020Suicide

Its an existential Horror
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah Morel Orel was great, that one guy whining about it just mocking christians and being a leave it to beaver mockery is only right for the first season, but no one gives a fuck about it for its first season, season 3 is the greatest "non-live action" western tv show or movie ever made. I remember being in college and torrenting the whole adult swim back catalog because my life was literally that boring, and i would stay up 20 hours a day and needed something to fill time.

Season 3 was miles from anything anyone else was doing on the channel at the time and it was such a dramatic out there show the executives cut the episode order in half (this was after they were interrogated by the FBI because of the hunger force terrorism fiasco and they probably didnt want to have any more bad press)

The guys talking about an adult swim subscription service probably forgot about the Ren & Stimpy adult party cartoon and doesnt realize what dog shit we would probably get from the current crop over at Adult Swim. They already have some web series and live streaming content on their site that no one cares about, i have a hard time feeling like people would pay for it, it would be like college humor or cracked's subscription service. Im more surprised Adult Swim isnt doing well, how bad is their contract with the people in charge of Rick & Morty?

That is literally the biggest breakthrough hit on AS since Space Ghost, like i dont remember AS shows ever being featured in commercials or having cameos and shout outs from media outside of it, meanwhile Rick & Morty just got a super bowl commercial. As long as they keep cranking that out they can keep the channel afloat like what cartoon network does with Teen titans go! And comedy central does with tosh and south park and the daily show.

You would be surprised how much profit these tv channels make, it literally takes just one hit, and for Adult Swim they basically bankrolled their entire catalog of tv shows from family guy and futurama reruns.

Nickelodeon is more likely to go off the air than adult swim.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
God I hope so

They deserve it after cancelling MDE to appease fucking buzzfeed writers, besides they haven't put out anything good since aside from the occasional venture bros season once every five years.

Primal and Season Five of Samurai Jack were great. The Uzumaki miniseries coming this year looks great too.

Imposteroak

Actually the real Oak
kiwifarms.net
Mike Lazzo leaving isn't small, considering he created what is technically the first show made by cartoon network. That being said the adult swim programming block will probably still go on in one way or another until cartoon network itself implodes. As far as Rick and Mortys contract goes they seem pretty locked in after some lengthy negotiations. They got 70 episodes approved which isn't small especially by adult swim standards. If I was just gonna speculate, what probably came up a lot in contract negotiations were merchandising royalties (if Harmon and Roiland were smart) and delivering episodes on time (if turner were smart.) I'm not even close to being knowledgeable on contract law especially as it pertains to the television industry. I do know that even unknown shows can end up in development hell for years waiting for a creator and whoever produces said show to come to an agreement over the fine points of a contract.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
This is old, but I couldn't help but think its comparable to purchasing a Porche Boxter and neglecting the most basic maintainance tasks until it blows up.
Ay dude don't diss stunning, brave&beautiful queen Bri, space warfare expert, game developer extraordinaire, shining beacon of hope in politics, defeater of GooberGloop.

On topic: going by pictures and videos in this thread, Danny boy's malnutrified. He's got that alcoholic belly, meaning he gets more than enough calories, but not nearly enough actual nutrients, like minerals, vitamins, etc. Also, his brain's probably fried. He'll be interesting to watch in case of a second Trump term.

TadGhostal22

kiwifarms.net
Ay dude don't diss stunning, brave&beautiful queen Bri, space warfare expert, game developer extraordinaire, shining beacon of hope in politics, defeater of GooberGloop.

On topic: going by pictures and videos in this thread, Danny boy's malnutrified. He's got that alcoholic belly, meaning he gets more than enough calories, but not nearly enough actual nutrients, like minerals, vitamins, etc. Also, his brain's probably fried. He'll be interesting to watch in case of a second Trump term.

I have listened to every single episode of Harmon town. The guy barely bathes and is proud of it. He lives on liquor and snack cakes.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
The co-creator of this show being an unhealthy freak just makes the proceedings all the more sad. Sadder than they should be.
Now I kinda want this show to be ended so Dan can force himself to rethink his life, starting with some serious gym time and dieting. God knows he needs it.
Even if he does work out, it clearly ain't enough.

Justtocheck

#MafiaLoreHYPE $ $ $
kiwifarms.net
The co-creator of this show being an unhealthy freak just makes the proceedings all the more sad. Sadder than they should be.
Now I kinda want this show to be ended so Dan can force himself to rethink his life, starting with some serious gym time and dieting. God knows he needs it.
Nah, live by the sword and die by the sword. Besides him bumbling his way through harmontown while people laugh AT him not with him is funny.

• Feels
Reactions: GandT and Shokew

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
He has been working out every day for about a year.
He livestreams them.
Losing weight and getting healthy requires more of a lifestyle change. Working out is kind of pointless if he's gonna hit the candy shop and the bar every night, not necessarily in that order. Vodka's supposed to be low on calories, but seeing the sorry state he's in, that means he'd just chug down a couple more bottles.

Imposteroak

Actually the real Oak
kiwifarms.net
He has been this way for a long time, if anything he would just drink more and do less. He has fits of wanting to get into shape and isn't really particularly adverse to working out, he just has so many other unhealthy habits that he looks like crap all the time. If you listened to him rant about this shit all the time you would feel a lot less sympathetic, especially when he gets upset about being told shower.

Parthenos

Why hast thou let me see this, Lucifer?
kiwifarms.net
He has been this way for a long time, if anything he would just drink more and do less. He has fits of wanting to get into shape and isn't really particularly adverse to working out, he just has so many other unhealthy habits that he looks like crap all the time. If you listened to him rant about this shit all the time you would feel a lot less sympathetic, especially when he gets upset about being told shower.

He's a "professional" writer and he gets pissed off when people tell him to take a shower?

That fact alone is enough proof that he deserves a thread here, if nothing else.