Careercow Dan Harmon - Creator of Community, co-creator of Rick and Morty, and barely functional alcoholic

TVBForever

kiwifarms.net
>implying they aren't exactly that
At least it isn't SoundCloud mumble rap.

To be fair, they kind of sound like the stuff George "Joji" Miller used to put out as Filthy Frank. Someone more talented could make them work.
The thing is this... Joji Miller is not just funny (which he is, especially with his Filthy Frank videos he used to make) but he's also much talented as a musician, having an incredible singing voice despite his illness with throat cancer (which causes him to do less Filthy Frank videos until early-2017 when he stopped for good to persue his dream of being a musician). This is something Harmon lacks.

El Jagre

kiwifarms.net

albert chan

TWAIN 2024
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The thing is this... Joji Miller is not just funny (which he is, especially with his Filthy Frank videos he used to make) but he's also much talented as a musician, having an incredible singing voice despite his illness with throat cancer (which causes him to do less Filthy Frank videos until early-2017 when he stopped for good to persue his dream of being a musician). This is something Harmon lacks.

plus Joji as far as I know was never caught on record making a video having fake sex with a plastic toy baby

Last edited:

Cask of Amontillado

Lamar Davis
kiwifarms.net
Dan Harmon, being the guy who portrayed Ted Templeman on the Channel 101 series "Yacht Rock", should at least portray CWC, the creator of Sonichu. Might make for another web series, but animated.

Otherwise, it'll have to be Hollywood Steve who'll get top billing as the voice of Chris-Chan, with Dave Lyons as Liquid Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eloise419

Turn up the volume with Agree!
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, unlike most people here, I can't say that I'm a R&M fan (although the only episode I've seen was the Scary Terry episode, and I found it hilarious), but I do remember him from his Community days and I knew him to be a shitbag even then.

Aside from not being able to handle even constructive criticism from fans or critics (which he responded once with a rather mature "Don't tell me what to do") to talking over the actors in interviews and the DVD commentary to his hard-on for squeezing even the most subtle racism into every episode of the show (the very first episode had Jeff and Pierce acting like minstrel characters in a class presentation ffs), yeah, not surprised he has a thread on here.

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
to talking over the actors in interviews and the DVD commentary to his hard-on for squeezing even the most subtle racism into every episode of the show (the very first episode had Jeff and Pierce acting like minstrel characters in a class presentation ffs)
Got any more details/examples? Is subtle racism a like a fetish thing or an edgelord thing?

naught

I'm going to unlock all the achievements.
kiwifarms.net
Necroing a dead thread because the season 5 trailer just came out
Has his friend alex hirsch done anything thread worthy?
The Gravity Falls guy? Animators are often unabashed psychos it shouldn't be difficult for you to find something funny.

RembrandtCourage

kiwifarms.net
Has his friend alex hirsch done anything thread worthy?
As best as I can tell from how little I pay attention, Alex doesn't really seem lolcowish. He has some minor to slightly moderate TDS and some SJWisms but other than that he seems relatively normal. But again this is coming from someone with an extremely passive glance at what little history I've seen.

Bloody bunny

kiwifarms.net
I'm just starting to read this thread, I can't belive this guys is this bad. Because, damm I sincerely thought his take on the heroes journey was good and I liked his story circle as a tool for planing a story, and I even used it myself. It's the only thing I liked of him because it's my favorite method for making an outline.

Was that plagiarized or is it the only clever thing he has ever done?
Plagiarism. He is not the first to write like that.

Imposteroak

Actually the real Oak
kiwifarms.net
Plagiarism. He is not the first to write like that.
He adapted it to his chosen field of TV writing and bothered to explain it which I think is why people find it novel. It's cool to see writers rationalize their processes, and for Harmon it's a formula that gives him above average returns for the most part. There are a ton of different ways to rationalize this shit but, I do think the formula does the heavy lifting so so harmon can do what he loves which is dialogue and A and B plots intermingling.

Bloody bunny

kiwifarms.net
He adapted it to his chosen field of TV writing and bothered to explain it which I think is why people find it novel. It's cool to see writers rationalize their processes, and for Harmon it's a formula that gives him above average returns for the most part. There are a ton of different ways to rationalize this shit but, I do think the formula does the heavy lifting so so harmon can do what he loves which is dialogue and A and B plots intermingling.
And he still sucks dick on every show he helms. Plus once again its nothing new even to tv just is too shitty to improve like Tom Preston. Who now that I think about could be his brother.

SpergPatrol

You're a faggot Harry
kiwifarms.net
Dan Harmon is trending on twitter for making the first blockchain animated series and twitter is pissed
1621297846499.png
1621297871701.png
1621297904306.png

SpergPatrol

You're a faggot Harry
kiwifarms.net
Ok I know twitter is nothing but retarded monkeys but how does NFTs harm the environment exactly?
Apparently, these systems take up enough electricity in one transfer of an NFT than most cities do in a year and due to their thousands of transfers a day it causes a lot of power usage to rival that of the entire country argentina

Bloody bunny

kiwifarms.net
Apparently, these systems take up enough electricity in one transfer of an NFT than most cities do in a year and due to their thousands of transfers a day it causes a lot of power usage to rival that of the entire country argentina
So it’s a shit system made by shit people soon to be written by a shit person. It’s the toilet of life simba.