Danganronpa Series - aka Demented Animatronic Bear Gets People Murdered: the Game

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
I can safely break things down for your if you're interested in the games. Keep in mind, some things in the second game won't make a lot of sense unless you play the first game, but the second game does do a good job of trying to make it appear more clear.

Characters, Overarching Story, & Setting are what you'll mostly find in DR1, but some of the characters that die early on are a bit bland though, so keep that in mind. The setting for a first game is interesting and really over-the-top, but still believable in a sense that you can keep up with it. I find the plot twists a little out there, but acceptable.

Plot, Gameplay, Story Progression, Atmosphere are what you'll get with DR2. I actually do like the characters this time around. Even more than the first one, but they don't have as much charm I admit. And the whole Sonia being hit on by a creep stitch gets old quickly. But I do like how the story unravels throughout all of this. And there are cool moments in this game that infinitely outweigh the moments of the first game.

I haven't played DRV3, but I will say that:
Killing Kaede was such a stupid move that I will never understand why they did it. Replacing one of the most interesting protags who's actually proactive with another generic detective guy was a letdown. It really spoils part of the experience because while he does improve, you have to go through a lot more. Hajime works better because he speaks his mind most of the time, but Shuichi is just a bit too bland.

Tampon Head

kiwifarms.net
has anyone made dr characters in mugen?
A Danganronpa fighting series would be amazing. I'd love to see the movesets of characters like Sonia and Kiibo.
I heard that Kodaka is moving on to another IP, but I think DR has more room to grow in general. The fangames are proof that there's more opportunities to explore the killing game. I still want to see a case where there's a double murder with two different murderers. (excluding DR1 because one of the murderers died)

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
just finished watching someone play danganronpa 1, 2, and V3

2-5 is the best case in the series hands down

1-3 is the worst case in the series

danganronpa v3 has the best ending in the series
it seemed like it was meta for the sake of being meta and was also a bit egotistical ("people liked danganronpa so much that we made 50 more seasons of it!"), but the fact that it completely shits on the cheesy "hope vs despair" garbage more than makes up for all of its shortcomings

danganronpa 1 and 2 have equally bad endings
i still refuse to believe that a "teenage fashion model" was the one to bring the world to an end

2's ending is shit for bringing her back for a second time, but i'll still give an edge to 2 for how entertaining the final trial was ...mind you, it's a b-movie kind of entertaining, though entertaining nonetheless (i lost my shit when hajime went super saiyan)

even without case 2-5, i'd say the second game is the best in the series (by a very, very, very slight margin)

i'm just a casual fan, so take my opinions with a grain of salt

the original ace attorney trilogy is still better overall

• Agree
Reactions: Desire Lines

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
just finished watching someone play danganronpa 1, 2, and V3

2-5 is the best case in the series hands down

1-3 is the worst case in the series

danganronpa v3 has the best ending in the series
it seemed like it was meta for the sake of being meta and was also a bit egotistical ("people liked danganronpa so much that we made 50 more seasons of it!"), but the fact that it completely shits on the cheesy "hope vs despair" garbage more than makes up for all of its shortcomings

danganronpa 1 and 2 have equally bad endings
i still refuse to believe that a "teenage fashion model" was the one to bring the world to an end

2's ending is shit for bringing her back for a second time, but i'll still give an edge to 2 for how entertaining the final trial was ...mind you, it's a b-movie kind of entertaining, though entertaining nonetheless (i lost my shit when hajime went super saiyan)

even without case 2-5, i'd say the second game is the best in the series (by a very, very, very slight margin)

i'm just a casual fan, so take my opinions with a grain of salt

the original ace attorney trilogy is still better overall
The first cases tends to be pretty easy to figure out because it's essentially a beginner trial. I usually give it a pass, but I'm willing to say that DRV3's first trial is by far the most interesting one. Hands down. But I do agree that the third cases tends to be the worst ones. You can tell they're just filler. And it seems the writer knows this because they kill off all the annoying characters during these trials.

And to be a bit fair on DR concept for it's endings itself:

I find the first game's ending interesting in starting off the series. I mean, this is same series in which the apocalypse happened, people bleed pink blood, and a serial killer is a school girl. Seeing a high school idol (to be fair her sister was an assassin and they did have the Monokuma/despair cult as explained in Despair Girls) it's not that hard to believe.

The second game has the most satisfying ending however. It was a crazy ride, but at least they tried to make some sort of sense to what was happening. It was fun trying to figure out which despair member did what.

I just can't get into the third game's ending. It's too meta. Even for me. I would've lived with the truth v. lie themes they did, but shifting it all to "real fiction" killed it for me.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: OhGoy

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
That’s a funny way of spelling 2-3
it was one of the most obvious set-ups ever

i literally facepalmed when the game showed that the robo justice costume couldn't be opened from the inside... but that's nothing compared to the other thing

the real disaster is that the final piece of evidence, which is an extremely important part of the case, relies on one the biggest most awful, most tragic coincidences i have ever seen in my life

"fan-fiction guy said 'yasuhiro' before he died, so it has to be yasuhiro!" ... "oh, wait... there was actually another character who had the same name, except she kept it a secret"

just... jesus christ... because of how stupid that part of the case was, thinking about it scrambles my brain and makes it difficult for me to even write this post

fuck 1-3

"SQUISH SQUISH, MR ANTS" dies

• Winner
Reactions: R.A.E.L.

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net

i literally facepalmed when the game showed that the robo justice costume couldn't be opened from the inside... but that's nothing compared to the other thing

the real disaster is that the final piece of evidence, which is an extremely important part of the case, relies on one the biggest most awful, most tragic coincidences i have ever seen in my life

"fan-fiction guy said 'yasuhiro' before he died, so it has to be yasuhiro!" ... "oh, wait... there was actually another character who had the same name, except she kept it a secret"

just... jesus christ... because of how stupid that part of the case was, thinking about it scrambles my brain and makes it difficult for me to even write this post

fuck 1-3

They had such a good set-up with the chapter and they ruined it completely. We could've spent time on seeing Celeste start to panic and double down, but it happens so little at the very end and it's so obvious something is up with her it doesn't matter. Someone made an interesting theory about how we do see how Celeste controls people and others to maintain her image, but it goes out the window because she's just annoying to deal with.

I knew the moment Hifumi said Yasuhiro it was gonna be either some twist with Hagakure or something else. But considering how Hagakure is, it didn't make sense for him to be the killer to begin with.

I will say her death scene is pretty underrated though. She wants to die like a Queen, but gets killed in one of the most common ways possible: a car accident. Classic.

• Agree
Reactions: Gingervitis

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net

fuck 1-3

Okay, fair point.

• Feels
Reactions: OhGoy

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New time Danganronpa player even though I've heard about the game since 2013, not too fond of VN but decided to give the games a try.

How I felt after Trial 1.

• Feels
Reactions: shartshooter

shartshooter

kiwifarms.net
New time Danganronpa player even though I've heard about the game since 2013, not too fond of VN but decided to give the games a try.

How I felt after Trial 1.
I read once that during the game's original release the promo material featured a lot of Sayaka as if she was an important character. The mind reading/psychic jokes were a reference to Maya Fey for Ace Attorney players to recognize, and iirc she even says something like she wants to be your assistant. It's a pretty good rug pull, got me when I first played it.
Monthly_Animedia_July_2013_-_DRtA_-_Sayaka_Maizono_Makoto_Naegi_Kyoko_Kirigiri.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 12.39.27 PM.png

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@shartshooter I thought she was going to cuckold me with Leon, am I suppose to believe she had plan to use me as a foil from the very beginning the first time we met? Or did the despair video made her snap? If I were Makoto I would have never forgiven her for what she tried to do to me.

shartshooter

kiwifarms.net
@Zaragoza I think it was the video that made her snap and Makoto was made the easiest target to manipulate. Naive optimism is kind of Makoto's defining trait, so I chalk his forgiveness up to that. But in almost every case of the series the convicted killer gets shown in a sympathetic light.

If I was Makoto I wouldn't have trusted her from the start lol. Kid is dense if he thinks it's just luck he gets the attention of a pop idol the same day he gets trapped in a killing game.

• Informative
Reactions: Zaragoza

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
@Zaragoza I think it was the video that made her snap and Makoto was made the easiest target to manipulate. Naive optimism is kind of Makoto's defining trait, so I chalk his forgiveness up to that. But in almost every case of the series the convicted killer gets shown in a sympathetic light.

If I was Makoto I wouldn't have trusted her from the start lol. Kid is dense if he thinks it's just luck he gets the attention of a pop idol the same day he gets trapped in a killing game.
What's funny is that I feel that this whole Sayaka arc was a better version of what they tried to do in DRV3

In the beginning you aren't necessarily wary of Sayaka, but the fact she would've betrayed you later really helps with the games themes about how if people are desperate enough they'll go into extreme measures. I do think that her video of wanting to go back to her idol group was kind of a dumb way to start the whole killing game (DRV3 did this much better with the whole video thing) I wasn't even mad she betrayed Makoto, but it was expected considering he only got into the school due to random chance, not because he was super smart or anything.

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm kinda confused over Mondo's reasoning for killing Chihiro. From what I'm getting, Mondo snapped because Chihiro was strong enough to come out trans or something like that and Mondo couldn't overcome his brother's death? Also I saw it coming from a mile away that Toko was Genocide Jack when she kept on rambling about containing someone inside. Though I do find it cute about Toko's crush over Byakuya and Byakuya's disdain over Toko, lmao. Also Aoi is very cute and gorgeous but my god she is a very lazy person. I felt so bad for Kiyotaka in the trial. Also another thing, Celestia tries so hard to be this edgy "only the strong shall survive!" type of bitch but I find Byakuya more intimidating than her, I'm glad he put her in her place in the library from the start, girl is just asking to be next because of her obvious edginess.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino