• “The Fuck people, do you want to take down the Farms or not?”

Science Danish doctor warns: Vegan food may lead to mental exceptionalism

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by CatParty, Dec 7, 2018 at 8:00 AM.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/12/danish-doctor-warns-vegan-food-may-lead-to-mental-exceptionalism/

Chief physician Allan M. Lund at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen warns that vegan food can have severe consequences, such as epilepsy and ultimately developmental disorders.

In Denmark, there is now a debate about the suitability of an increasing number of families giving their children only vegan food. Critics are opposed to scrapping all animal products in small children’s diet.

The problem is that poor food, which for example requires the addition of vitamin B12, can have serious consequences for children. And as a result several children on a vegan diet have been treated at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.

“Such a diet may involve developing different brain symptoms. With muscle weakness, poor contact and epilepsy. And in the long term mental exceptionalism”, says chief physician Allan M. Lund to TV4.

According to Lund, one should not completely remove meat, eggs and dairy products from small children’s diet without first consulting with a dietician.

In addition to developmental disorders, it can also cause nutritional deficiencies.

• Winner Winner x 22
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. He needed a PHD to work that one out?

Go look at VeganGains, you'll figure it out yourself, assuming your IQ isn't approaching that of a farm animal.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    ShroomGender

ShroomGender Pronouns: Fungus, Fungi, Fungal.

kiwifarms.net
  3. But going Vegan is healthy. Your super cancer aids will be cured if you go vegan.

• Like Like x 6
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Nekromantik

Nekromantik Prepare your anus for Krampus.

kiwifarms.net
  4. Who would have thought that when you don't give all necessary nutrients to your growing child, and only giving them one type of food, it would be bad and have unhealthy consequences. The same people who do that are the same ones convinced you can make a cat or dog go vegan.

What a shock

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  5. On the plus side, all the vegans will eat themselves out of the gene pool, and we won't have to deal with them anymore.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
    wylfım

wylfım Lost in an endless void of stupid.

kiwifarms.net
  6. isnt vegan food the same food as meat eaters just without the meat? do vegans and meat eaters not eat the same fruit/vegetables/grains etc ?

• DRINK DRINK x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Vegans do not eat anything that comes from animals. This includes a lot more than just meat.

• Agree Agree x 8
    Uterus Burns

Uterus Burns Painful menopause

kiwifarms.net
  8. I knew I was right to stick to Taco Bell.

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    big baby jesus

big baby jesus Damn, I Wish I Was Barb's Lover
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. right that's what they don't eat, but other than that it's the same food

• DRINK DRINK x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. They don't/can't get enough vitamin B12 the way they eat. All it would take is one egg or a glass or two of tard cum a day, but vegan homies don't play dat.

• Like Like x 6
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. This explains Pajeet's behavior.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Meat Poultry Veg

Meat Poultry Veg The staff of life

kiwifarms.net
  12. I had a family member who used to be vegan and it messed them up quite because they weren't getting all the nutrients their body needed. As a result I am a critic of veganism, especially when children are involved

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    King Kong... with wings?

King Kong... with wings? 6 inches long and feeling pretty fierce

kiwifarms.net
  13. i was under the assumption it was the other way around

dopy

dopy Current mood: MEGAFUCKER

kiwifarms.net
  14. Who would have guessed a diet involving no animals products in an omnivorous species could lead to health issues. It’s almost as if we need the proteins and fats from meat for brain development but what do we know am I right?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Inquisitor_BadAss

Inquisitor_BadAss Your daily dose of Karen

kiwifarms.net
  15. I can still feed my dog an all-vegan diet, right? jk I don’t have a dog anymore. Because of his vegan diet.

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of candy canes
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Sadly, this probably won’t stop some vegan parents from feeding their kids only vegan food. It’s like a whole subgenre on YouTube. Some of these people include
    • ShineWithPlants- they eat a lot of raw vegan food and raise their daughter with the same vegan diet
    • Ellen Fisher- has 3 kids, all vegan
    • Monami Frost- is vegan and is raising her daughter vegan. She’s pregnant again and is sustaining herself on a vegan diet
    • FitShortyEats- probably the worst out of this group. They are a couple and the woman (can’t remember her name) is pregnant. Couple has an exclusively fruitarian diet (goes beyond just vegan and only eats fruit)

• Informative Informative x 6
    JambledUpWords

JambledUpWords Gorl who loves orange chicken

kiwifarms.net
  17. Children require meat/eggs in their diet for the necessary proteins/fats for proper brain development. Iirc one of if not the primary reason humans even began to develop the intellect we have today is that our ancient ancestors started eating meat instead of being frugivorous/herbivorous.

A classic example to compare this to would be trying to raise a dog/cat on a vegan diet. It's cruel and only to their detriment.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Lysol

Lysol 99.9% Bacteria and virus free.

kiwifarms.net
  18. I freaking love vegans they are all like "But would you kill an animal to eat it?" and i'm like "yeah, i've done that multiple times", I never saw a vegan planting their own food and science is always wrong about vaganism, keep it up vegans, we need idiots in our society

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  19. We should just eat vegans. That's what herbivores are for, feeding carnivores.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. Huh. I knew vegans were stupid, but I thought they were vegan due to stupidity, not stupid due to being vegan.

It's both.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dr W

Dr W Synthesizing Mustard Gas

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.