• "What if Chris had two pairs of pants?"

DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil BurnellGeneral Discussion

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell & The Empire of Dirt' started by A Witty Name, May 17, 2013.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".
Article Available:
The Lolcow Wiki has an article on Darksydephil
  1. As stated by @scorptatious reading from a script and faking enthusiasm isn't hard to do. I mean, don't get me wrong, DSP does put in a bit more effort than usual, but it's still shit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    RIP_SANITY

RIP_SANITY NOTHING I COULD DO DOOD

kiwifarms.net
  2. Not much coming out for Switch? Yeah right... I can already tell that Arms is going to be one of those games I play for hundreds of hours, and Splatoon 2 will be no different. They're going to come out within a month of each other.

What's with his weird belief that no one likes the Switch? Honestly it seems more popular than the PS4 already. People I speak with who want one are downright salty that I got my hands on one and all seem to want to play Zelda, Mario Kart, and other titles.

I personally feel as if Switch has had the strongest first year of any console in recent memory, but this out of touch slob thinks it's a flop? Come on.

What does he mean by 'bad' Switch games? Does he ever elaborate? Did he ever give a statement on whether or not he thinks Arms is a good game? He hated that final boss, but he seemed to be genuinely having fun while playing online.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Gout is easily treatable with a pill that costs less than aspirin. I can't imagine it ever being the basis of a successful claim.

Also, the SSA is pretty skeptical of disability claims based on back pain. You need years of paperwork from actual doctors, not some quack chiropractor you just hired to make up some bullshit. Unless you have some lengthy history of unsuccessful surgeries and tons of X-rays and CT scans and shit like that, i.e. enough to meet the objective standards of a listed impairment, you have to prove you can't do a combination of sitting, standing and walking for eight hours a day. You don't quite have to be bedridden, but in effect it's almost that bad.

Vague bellyaching about pain doesn't cut it.

Even qualifying for a mentally-based disability like Chris's tard bucks is easier than basing it on just back pain.

So if Phil wants to scam the SSA, he'd have to start now and spend potentially years at it.

• Informative Informative x 13
    AnOminous

AnOminous LOOK UPON ME BRO I'LL TELL YOU THE COOLEST STORY!
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  4. I don't know man. There's people claiming disability when they have anxiety or depression or just on general schizo meds but otherwise they are totally and completely fine and can work.

kiwifarms.net
  5. It's a more exceptional confirmation bias. Because HE doesn't like it, no one does. It's kinda like the gout version of a six year old thinking everybody on Earth watches Power Rangers.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Doctor Druid

Doctor Druid Bakas and Blow

kiwifarms.net
  6. He can get SSDI benefits if he can:
    1. Financially qualifies (he is not making too much money)
    2. Provide medical evidence that he has limitations which prevent him from working in jobs he's had in the past
    3. Can get a person consulting for the SSA to say he/she cannot come up with any jobs a person with those limitations could perform
    That financial qualification is like full time at federal minimum wage- he cannot have income in excess of that from YouTube, Twitch, PayPal, or pretty much any funding source out there because they will report to the SSA. He cannot scumbag this without registering all of those accounts under someone elses's SSN. If he does this, or if he accepts money from his parents without reporting it as income to the SSA, and gets caught the SSA will not only take the money away- they will also charge him with a felony that can carry up to 5 years in prison and a quarter million dollar fine. He will also be barred from receiving just about any taxpayer-funded assistance for years if not the rest of his life (just depends on the individual program.)

Does anyone here think he going to live on $15K a year?

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SoapQueen1

SoapQueen1 Owner of the White Grape

kiwifarms.net
  7. Hell no. Phil already makes much more than that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Le Redditeur Part Deux

Le Redditeur Part Deux The Person WIth Most Upboats

kiwifarms.net
  8. So we have to expect seeing Phil in bed while playing games in the near future?

I would say that he fulfilled the first one, but just by watching one of his streams fucks up the rest, if he can sit for 4-6 hours playing video games each day, than he can sit in a cubicle selling men underwear over the phone for 8 hours a day!

No, he needs that monthly as a minimum!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dragoonism

Dragoonism There are no facts, only interpretations.

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 6
    SirJamesDTech

SirJamesDTech SoK Destroyer
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Phil on Twitter has pretty much turned into that "master trole 2012" meme.

• Agree Agree x 7
    kiwifarms.net
  10. Vis a vis Phil and his back...if I recall correctly, he has stated that he simply cannot drive long distances because of the physical discomfort, yet he can sit on his arse for hours playing video games? I don't understand. Either you can sit comfortably or you can't. Which one is it? Maybe I've missed something. :(

EDIT: spelling suckage

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #24851 Ryker, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    kiwifarms.net
  11. As i am sure my fellow Kiwis can testify, when you have a fucked back. it is hard enough getting up in the morning let alone sitting straight for hours,

• Agree Agree x 11
    Animewasamistake

Animewasamistake CWC Newcomer

kiwifarms.net
  12. When I was 20 I spent a summer in a wheelchair after I screwed up my back at work. I can personally attest that the way Phil sits tilted to one side for hours nonstop and then periodically leans straight back when he's yelling "NOOOOOOOO" after the hate is flowing deep from within...that would make it so he couldn't stand up if his back was truly badly injured.
    That and he changes his story with how it originally happened - he at first didn't know, said explicitly it wasn't one specific incident, but then it was a car wreck.

• Agree Agree x 7
    SirJamesDTech

SirJamesDTech SoK Destroyer
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Even though the fresh Seattle air virtually cured him of all his back woes, alas the notoriously bumpy Seattle roads (riddled with potholes, I assume) cause him to instantly begin having spasms any time he drives a car. It is bitterly ironic.

That, or Phil Burnell is a lying sack of shit.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Um Oh Ah Yeah

Um Oh Ah Yeah Well this is awkward

kiwifarms.net
  14. I think he has some suppressed trauma after the car crash on the highway (the story from the video about his parents). It's more of a mental problem than physical. I think he just has a small fobia when it comes to driving. Think about it: he had a car crash on highway and he always claims he can't drive long distances on highways. I just don't buy his back problems... He's a delusional liar who has troubles with perception of himself and reality around him.

• Informative Informative x 8
    kiwifarms.net
  15. "When are you gonna be begging your viewers to support your ridiculously lavish lifestyle that you don't deserve?"

"YOUR MOM ACKACKACKACKACK"

It's this type of kwality kahntent that's made his stream and channel so successful.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    ChickenSkinBeanbag

ChickenSkinBeanbag Trust me.

kiwifarms.net
  16. He doesn't even sit comfortably. He doesn't wear his glasses so he constantly hunches over to stare at his chat and then he constantly moving. He flails his arms, throws his head back, or rocks back and forth or side to side. I know when my back is fucked I move as much as possible the last thing I want to do is lay down and stay still as long as possible...

I've said before Phil has recorded himself almost everyday for the past 8 years and I have never seen footage of a back spasm. Knowing Dsp he would not "tough it out" and pretend they aren't happening especially if they are bad enough to cause you to crash your car, I know it is shocking but I think Phil may be full of shit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  17. When did he confirm that the injury is from a car wreck? Because he would always stick to "I don't know how it happened. I woke up one day and my back was fucked." Story for as long as I can remember.

The car wreck explanation comes from a YT comment left by the Areaialord (I'm not sure of the spelling).

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. I think you forgot about him dancing in some of those videos.

• Agree Agree x 5
    xenomorph

xenomorph I need to wake up Leanna to make me dinner.

kiwifarms.net
  19. I am no savant with women but I imagine Leanna needed attention/spontanoety like any girl. From my experiences girls really like sitting next to a dude while they watch movies or whatever. DSP didn't provide this from what we know.

This is prob how her life was. She worked retail in morning, came home then cooked and did DSP's laundry. Then DSP went up into his office until 10? then she went to bed and apparently from dSP's account he would stay up watching movies instead of sitting beside her in bed and comforting her. Not once did dsp ever take her into nature as far as we know. DSP probably convinced her that is how adults are supposed to live. Then she met co workers and they were like "WTF?". Then she finally realized how much of an asshole DSP is.

• Feels Feels x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net