DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• January

Votes: 143 29.8%
  • February

Votes: 223 46.5%
  • March

Votes: 213 44.4%
  • April

Votes: 159 33.1%

• Total voters

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
DrChristianTroy said:
Because when I play a Kojima game I don't think of the intricate details or how his stories are batshit insane. Nope they are being buggy and underdeveloped.
Yeah, they are underdeveloped. Just listen to this dialogue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8j9I90ueM
If DSP thought that dialogue was terrible, I honestly wonder if he understands that it's really mean't to be funny to some players while also strange when you consider how the Colonel acts.
I was highly disappointed that people had to go ruin the mindscrewiness of The Sorrow and Psycho Mantis.

A Witty Name

A Witty Title
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I believe the time has come for a new saga to be born.

The Youtube Copyright Saga

Part 1
[youtube]5VFCzGUztJc[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]64hwfYeF3iY[/youtube]

Part 3
[youtube]_qt0HGYS240[/youtube]

Part 4
[youtube]Y90FOwuFInw[/youtube]

Part 5
[youtube]TaNOtx54NcY[/youtube]

Part 6
[youtube]oJX3xQ4tDGw[/youtube]

Part 7
[youtube]WHvbCTcOKxI[/youtube]

A Witty Name

A Witty Title
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Part 8 of The Youtube Copyright Saga

[youtube]FiG4w5jy5uw[/youtube]

Too long; didn't watch version: Phil experiences bugged monetization mechanics. Phil puts 5 companies on his "shitlist" over this. Nintendo LPers say that they will not stop because they were never in it for the money. Day 2: Phil discovers how to monetize a bunch of videos in one go, then talks about how badly he "needs" managed status from Machinima because he is completely fucked if he doesn't get it. Either because of copyright issues from being with Machinima or Adblock from any other company that promises to give him managed status.

Now take a look at the very end of the video, do you seriously want the guy responsible for THAT to be a managed channel?

Overcast

Perfection has no age
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DSP tries it: Being a fucking idiot while playing my favorite game.

Last edited by a moderator:

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
Witty Name, it doesn't surprise me that he's having trouble getting money from his LP's.

For anyone hear that hasn't heard about it, there's been a bug in the copyright policy over LP's. It seems there are people that are able to flag down a let's play over copyright reasons even though they themselves don't have copyright to the game in question. Even some indie game developers are getting their gameplay videos removed even though THEY own the game. However, I have heard that some game companies have stepped in and helped LPers with the issue to get their videos back up.

razor5396

kiwifarms.net
DSP thanks his fans by doing a games giveaway. However, the giveaways are for empty boxes.

[youtube]SS9CeOb_LKA[/youtube]

Rio

Smug Ellen Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's him pretending to be nice to his fanbase I guess. Also, desperately trying to get more subscribers. Notice how in that video he says that people that are paid subscribers on twitch.tv get a much bigger chance of ''winning?'' (I put winning in quotation marks because really, getting some boxes the guy is trying to get rid of is hardly a prize) He really wants that $$$.

On a sidenote: Is trading in games without the boxes they came in how people usually do it in the US? Because I noticed his excuse a lot of the time was 'I already traded this game in months ago.' but I would assume that you trade games in with the boxes included. Not just the DVD itself.

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rio said:
It's him pretending to be nice to his fanbase I guess. Also, desperately trying to get more subscribers. Notice how in that video he says that people that are paid subscribers on twitch.tv get a much bigger chance of ''winning?'' (I put winning in quotation marks because really, getting some boxes the guy is trying to get rid of is hardly a prize) He really wants that $$$.

On a sidenote: Is trading in games without the boxes they came in how people usually do it in the US? Because I noticed his excuse a lot of the time was 'I already traded this game in months ago.' but I would assume that you trade games in with the boxes included. Not just the DVD itself.
As a citizens of the US, the games I buy are used games from Gamestop. The cases they come in (as shown below) are from the store. You don't need the box I believe but you do need to have the disc in good condition if you were to trade the game in.

Attachments

Rio

Smug Ellen Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah, fair enough. That's a little weird, but whatever works I suppose.

José Mourinho

The Special One
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't DSP also say that he "cares" about his fans by frequently uploading Q&A videos? (Answering questions by his fans, but ended up mostly just raging at haters)

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just saw a video comparison of him and some guy named DarksydeGeoff play Catherine. DSP playing puzzle games is a special kind of trainwreck.

Apparently he played Portal 2 but looks like there isn't a "This is how you don't play" version of it yet.

homerbeoulve

99% nerd, 1% sane. 100% human.
kiwifarms.net
John Titor said:
I just saw a video comparison of him and some guy named DarksydeGeoff play Catherine. DSP playing puzzle games is a special kind of trainwreck.

Apparently he played Portal 2 but looks like there isn't a "This is how you don't play" version of it yet.
Phil and iJustine should be a couple. But DSP have a bugged love mechanic so instead he chose a lesser whore in PandaLee.