• "You all can kiss my Vagina of my soul!"

Careercow DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil BurnellFailing middle-aged let's player, fired by Machinima, dumped by his full time girlfriend.

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by A Witty Name, May 17, 2013.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

Article Available:
The Lolcow Wiki has an article on Darksydephil
  1. I tried watching his stream with FC and it was boring as fuck. Barely any commentary, he couldn't aim for shit, kept dying for the stupidest reasons, etc. It just wasn't fun to watch. It might be the worst content I've seen from him in a while, no wonder the views are worst than usual.
    The kids he was playing with were more entertaining than him, let that sink in for a bit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    BIgBadWolf

BIgBadWolf How did I end up here?

kiwifarms.net
  2. Yeah the John co-op games seemed to be the most decent out of all his playthroughs because his attitude is better. With John there he was more willing to just laugh off his mistakes and not bitch about the game, especially since they played quite a few of Nintendo games which he just hates now. Even Phil's attitude is improved when he's just having fun with a friend as opposed to slogging through games he doesn't really want to play just for money.

Of course he won't make up with him because DSP is always right, no John and Howard are in the wrong for making that video talking about him. If he didn't realize he was a dick to his friends after the breakup (since after he moved he acted like he didn't need friends because he had a serious adult house and a full time girlfriend now) then he isn't going to any time soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Xerxes IX

Xerxes IX Even kebab cats will be removed

kiwifarms.net
  3. In my opinion the only reason start/end videos (i.e. the first part/last part he uploads in a session) get more views is because its the most obvious place to leave a comment.

Speaking of comments, I'm going to be interested to see how disabling them affects his views on YouTube. It's easy to point and say he'll do worse, but it's going to be interesting to see.

The thing about comments that still gets my gout, is that even though a lot of them are from "da trolls" and "da haters" there are a decent number which ask legitimate questions.

upload_2017-9-13_22-21-13.png
    upload_2017-9-13_22-22-18.png
    upload_2017-9-13_22-23-14.png
    upload_2017-9-13_22-26-51.png
    upload_2017-9-13_22-27-40.png
    upload_2017-9-13_22-29-22.png

Answering these (even if they reply with some dumb "troll" shit later) is vitally important to any YouTuber. It's something Phil can do while he's on the toilet, and it takes 10-15 minutes of his entire day to just reply to a handful of these and say something like:
    • "Hey! Thanks for the comment. I'll have a look at that game, it sounds like it might be fun!"
    • "Hey. Yes, I'm continuing with this game, I'm hoping to resume it in the next 2-3 days because some new releases have come up. Thanks for watching"
    • "Thanks for the comment, glad you're enjoying it"
    • "Hey, I don't usually play PC but I've been considering doing a day of PC games at some point in the future"
    Phil tries to give the impression that he "ignores da haters" but realistically he ignores everyone because of them. It doesn't take much to step outside his hugbox and just say hi to some of his viewers.

The number of legit people in his Twitch chat who actually ask interesting questions, or ask small questions about his schedule ("when are you playing xyz game next?") is quite significant, but Phil rarely ever answers them. I guess he doesn't see that it benefits him instantly, in which case he can't be fucked.

And no Phil, someone asking about games you're currently playing, what you're playing next and if you're going to get whatever game in the future are not the kind of questions that should ever be exclusive to people who tip or cheer you. These are questions that actually bring viewers to your stream.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. He just bitches that he already COVERED that in his week in preview or on Twitter OKAY are kids these days just too lazy to go find out info for THEMSELVES??

• Like Like x 2
    Um Oh Ah Yeah

Um Oh Ah Yeah I'm trash

kiwifarms.net
  5. My favorite part about the blow up between DSP & friends was that Phil had the audacity to make a video bitching about John and Howard saying their side of the story(and they kept their cool about it too) when he started it by making a video throwing them under the bus for the failure of project7 and his problems and reading personal texts from John out loud to his viewers.

The best part was, even after all of that, they still tried to make up with him but Phil wasn't having it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. That's another thing that absolutely blows my mind.

In Phil's world:
    • Everyone lives and operates within his timezone
    • No one is as busy as he is
    • Everyone keeps up to date with the down to the minute status of his Twitter, Twitch, Patreon, YouTube and his vlogs.
    Is it really that hard to just comment with something like:
    "Thanks for the comment. I keep my current schedule of games pinned on my Twitter account. Here's a link:"

And no, no one expects anyone to answer every fucking YouTube comment that they get on their channel or videos (that might be an option with :autism: though). But would it really kill him to spend 5 minutes a day just commenting to a few?

Too much work.

Phil, Phil never changes.

• Agree Agree x 8
    neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. There's also comments like these that give legitimate critique or ask honest questions that DSP's fans might answer.

Comments.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dewey Manlove

Dewey Manlove Dewey Defeats Truman: Your stupid minds! Stupid!

kiwifarms.net
  8. That feel when Youtube tells you that it doesn't like your real and your fake personality.
    Phil tries to be more PC because of youtube demonetizing him, and if you take away his toilet humor and potty mouth you only have some sad sack of boringness sitting on the loveseat/couch.

• Agree Agree x 10
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Who sucks at games after approximately 12,500 hours of playing them over the last 8 years.

• Feels Feels x 4
    Dewey Manlove

Dewey Manlove Dewey Defeats Truman: Your stupid minds! Stupid!

kiwifarms.net
  10. Isn't 'expertise' hit at 10,000 hours or so? I think we found the real reason Phil won't change- he's already an expert at failure.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Rare Drop

Rare Drop Decently Made

kiwifarms.net
  11. He managed to powerwash, it was sunny, it was forecast to be cloudy.
    It took about two hours, and he got completely burnt "from being in the sun for two hours".

Then he went to Lowes and Target and bought some shit like moss killer and spider killer.
    Then he ate some food for lunch, and when he came home there was a giant spider and he tested the spider killer and it totally worked.

"Let's see after that what did I do? I did so much shit yesterday!"

He paid his bills.
    He filmed 2 private Q+A sessions.
    He filmed a walk through of his DSPgaming channel about his boring ass channel being demonetized. He calls the video "fascinating"

"You cannot use the words ass, boobs, tits, voyeur"
    "Thumbnails can get you in trouble, any thumbnail with a sexy lady can get you in trouble"

Now he's whining about demonetization.

"I swear to go, I did the same amount of work or more as when I do a day streaming! I did so much shit yesterday!"

Gee Phil sure has an exciting life.

EDIT:
    Now he's blabbing about Destiny 2 and the people he's gonna play with and some shit about a dude in puerto rico he knows, the power is out but the generators only run on natural gas and there's price gouging!
    "I gained over 20 powerlevel in one session"

And then he went on about his Patreon again and his stupid halloween goal again and again people said doing the goal again is dumb as shit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Feels Feels x 3
    #31151 neger psykolog, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. A fairly simple maintenance task, a trip to the store, writing checks, answering some likely garbage questions of no substance, and rambling into a camera.

SUCH HERCULEAN TASKS.

The Mountain

The Mountain I just really love head trauma.

kiwifarms.net
  13. He's saying that once he gets through September he "won't have to go on about this shit anymore" (referring to Tips/Cheers/Patreon bullshit he never stops talking about).

Who the fuck writes checks in this day and age? How does he even need to put so much effort into paying a few fucking bills? I know literal senior citizens for who paying bills is less of a drama.

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. what does that mean exactly? what is he paying in September?

kiwifarms.net
  15. It seems to be based on Twitch taking 2 months to send payments that DSP has received via Cheers/subs. It might also make sense if he has had to pay his taxes recently (he claims today). From what I gather in Washington people in his employment category have to pay taxes every quarter, otherwise they wait till the end of the year and have to pay a huge rate.

It'd be interesting to see what someone with real experience in streaming on Twitch has to say though, because someone just commented this:
    upload_2017-9-14_0-3-51.png

EDIT:
    He went onto a mini rant about his detractors not being ballsy enough to show their faces. He did say that a few do, and he at least has some form of respect for them. He's a public persona and he tells a lot about his life in public so he is an easy target and its easy for anonymous people to criticize him. etc etc etc, same argument we've all heard about the internet about a trillion times over.

#31155 neger psykolog, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. >Pandaexpress

WEW, can the girl catch a break, haha.

• Agree Agree x 3
    NotreallyPutin

NotreallyPutin WHATEVER. IT. TAKES

kiwifarms.net
  17. Uhm... He streamed for like 2 years before showing his face.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. I love that he can't figure out why YouTube is demonetizing his videos in most cases, yet he doesn't figure his commentary is a factor either.

Bonus points for hinting that the mafia 3 video where he kills the KKK isn't monetized because 'conspiracy' and not because it's a video of violence and probably his awful racist commentary.

kiwifarms.net
  19. He seemed so full of life back then.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    BIgBadWolf

BIgBadWolf How did I end up here?

kiwifarms.net
  20. is it just me or does Phil look kinda high?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dandelo

Dandelo Sick Fuck

kiwifarms.net