DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• January

Votes: 143 29.8%
  • February

Votes: 223 46.5%
  • March

Votes: 213 44.4%
  • April

Votes: 159 33.1%

• Total voters

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
TastyWB 2.0 said:
Carlson said:
He really doesn't look like what I was expecting. I was picturing some big lunkhead of a high schooler/college freshman. Someone who looks like he would be playing a stupid bully in a coming-of-age film.
Oh he's definitely a stupid bully.
He's like the stereotypical school bully, but after he grew up and realized he couldn't spend the rest of his life mugging younger kids for their lunch money.

A Witty Name

A Witty Title
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
Is he going to suffer any repercussions if he doesn't get the back surgery?
To my knowledge, no. It is a life-altering ailment meaning he can't use the freeway as a driver (someone else has to drive him if it requires using the highway) and he can't do physical activity like sports, but I don't think he's at risk of paralysis if that's what you're thinking. He will more than likely end up needing a power chair when he gets old.

Ocelot

kiwifarms.net
A Witty Name said:
c-no said:
To my knowledge, no. It is a life-altering ailment meaning he can't use the freeway as a driver (someone else has to drive him if it requires using the highway) and he can't do physical activity like sports, but I don't think he's at risk of paralysis if that's what you're thinking. He will more than likely end up needing a power chair when he gets old.
The way I see it. If DSP gets back surgery, he can't come up with any excuses to go out and get a real job instead of playing (and sucking at) games for a living

• Agree
Reactions: Reality

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
Ocelot said:
A Witty Name said:
c-no said:
The way I see it. If DSP gets back surgery, he can't come up with any excuses to go out and get a real job instead of playing (and sucking at) games for a living
Also, if he lost the 'hey I've got health problems' line, his only excuse for sucking would be, "PFFFTTTFTFFFTTFF, you bunch of fuckin' losers! Why does my playstyle bother you so much? Maybe try going outside and getting a life sometime! GOOOOOOD!" Seriously, I can't believe he uses that stupid 'get a life' diss when video games and Youtube literally are his life.

Beans

surrounded by FILTHY REALITY DEVIANTS
kiwifarms.net
DSP is the most baffling thing in video games, and there's no other way I can put it.

A Witty Name

A Witty Title
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The second half of This is How You Don't Play Kingdom Hearts, made possible by a "fan" who played up to where Phil's PS3 died and gave him the save.

[youtube]jBevtoPFJJw[/youtube]

DStecks

Wasabi Clan Chief
kiwifarms.net
Wait, this idiot spent money on forums software? Is he not aware of the many, many free forum platforms out there?

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
homerbeoulve said:
DStecks said:
Wait, this idiot spent money on forums software? Is he not aware of the many, many free forum platforms out there?
Yup. He spent $2.5k for a forum.
Is it seriously like a forum for people to discuss DSP's videos? How is that going to work? More importantly, how does he not think any forum he runs won't get the shit trolled out of it?

A Witty Name

A Witty Title
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Springblossom said:
homerbeoulve said:
DStecks said:
Yup. He spent $2.5k for a forum.
Is it seriously like a forum for people to discuss DSP's videos? How is that going to work? More importantly, how does he not think any forum he runs won't get the shit trolled out of it?
He's actually had official forums for years now. The fact that he spent $2.5k is new information though. Might be new servers, might have officially purchased his own website from the "fans", who knows.

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
A Witty Name said:
He's actually had official forums for years now. The fact that he spent $2.5k is new information though. Might be new servers, might have officially purchased his own website from the "fans", who knows.
Are you kidding? What do they even discuss? "OMG how about that new Kingdom Hearts video? That moment when Phil yelled, "WHAT THE FUCK, THIS ISN'T MY FAULT" and called the game designers a bunch of dumbasses was the funniest thing since the last time it happened five minutes ago!"

A Witty Name

A Witty Title
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Phil's official site
Phil's official forums

The site looks vastly different than it used to be, looks like now I know where that money went towards. Functionally, nothing has changed at all, it only had a link to the forums and that was it. In this version, it at least makes you think the site is a work in progress while it still contains only a link to the forums.

homerbeoulve

99% nerd, 1% sane. 100% human.
kiwifarms.net
[youtube]8RGQrYtd6dA[/youtube]

Biting the hand that feeds him.

[youtube]ze2oXT0T1kc[/youtube]

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
Alan Pardew said:
The comments that called DSP out in regards to The Walking Dead 2 game were fitting because I felt like cringing, just seeing Clementine try to treat her wound all while DSP laughs like an idiot.
It's that whole stupid "Well, I want to seem mature, so I should make sick jokes and laugh at inappropriate times! If you're offended, then you're obviously a whiny wussy baby who just doesn't get my jokes!" thing. It's the same thing PewDiePie did with his "RAPE RAPE RAPE I AM BEING RAPED I WILL RAPE THEM ALL WE ARE ALL RAPING EVERYONE RAPE RAPE AHAHAHAA" schtick. Only somehow DSP is even more tasteless than that.

Strewth

HAIL SATAN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Springblossom said:
c-no said:
Alan Pardew said:
The comments that called DSP out in regards to The Walking Dead 2 game were fitting because I felt like cringing, just seeing Clementine try to treat her wound all while DSP laughs like an idiot.
It's that whole stupid "Well, I want to seem mature, so I should make sick jokes and laugh at inappropriate times! If you're offended, then you're obviously a whiny wussy baby who just doesn't get my jokes!" thing. It's the same thing PewDiePie did with his "RAPE RAPE RAPE I AM BEING RAPED I WILL RAPE THEM ALL WE ARE ALL RAPING EVERYONE RAPE RAPE AHAHAHAA" schtick. Only somehow DSP is even more tasteless than that.
Anyone who tries to be edgy as a substitute for being funny is exceptional. The fact that PewDiePie has such a level of e-fame both sickens and saddens me.

Reactions: Giovanni

Zim

Facebook District Manager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PanasonicStrewth said:
Anyone who tries to be edgy as a substitute for being funny is exceptional. The fact that PewDiePie has such a level of e-fame both sickens and saddens me.
I'm not really familiar with either of these guys but from my limited exposure PDP seems a lot more nice a guy in real life and a ton more well adjusted then DSP. That being said, I also have no idea why either of these guys are "famous".

Also, how long until DSP gets too old to keep his fan base and then what happens after that? I've always wondered how old you can be and still play the youtube gamer angle. I can't see it lasting much past 35 or 40 and DSP seems the type to be really bad with money.

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
Zim said:
PanasonicStrewth said:
I'm not really familiar with either of these guys but from my limited exposure PDP seems a lot more nice a guy in real life and a ton more well adjusted then DSP. That being said, I also have no idea why either of these guys are "famous".

Also, how long until DSP gets too old to keep his fan base and then what happens after that? I've always wondered how old you can be and still play the youtube gamer angle. I can't see it lasting much past 35 or 40 and DSP seems the type to be really bad with money.
For all his faults, PDP at least seems like a decent guy when he's not acting. He's really good at keeping his fans happy. DSP lacks any of that.

I think age is less of a thing than attitude. Slowbeef's in his mid 30's, and he's still got quite a following with both his LPs and Retsupurae. Of course, the fact that he just does this stuff for fun and doesn't take it too seriously certainly helps.

Carlson

kiwifarms.net
I enjoy Slowbeef's LPs. He's not perfect at them, but he doesn't spend ages needlessly raging at everything and he's not an idiot. And when he has Diabetus along, they have genuinely funny commentary.