1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.

DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil BurnellGeneral Discussion

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell / DarkSydePhil' started by A Witty Name, May 17, 2013.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".

no one can help you

?

If you really had to who would you sex?

1. Leanna

49.9%
  2. Khet

3.9%
  3. Both I'm a chad

28.4%
  4. "sorry if you weren't aware but I'm homosexual"

17.8%
Article Available:
The Lolcow Wiki has an article on Darksydephil
  1. I'd considered that, especially since he's been completely silent about it since the last one went by. Assuming he has $100k in income, approximately what would he be looking at paying in federal tax? I seem to remember people coming up with $16k or so, but that was before the current tax law went into effect, which should have lowered his tax bill. If he "just barely makes it" after having supposedly not paid the first two quarterly payments, that'll be a bright neon sign that he's not in anywhere remotely the financial trouble he claims.

• Agree Agree x 1
    actually

Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Yeah, I saw this too when I popped in. The level-headed regulars like yolodopper, koz, markmcauley, etc. who normally show sympathy for their brothers in "DSPrison", as they call it, were all missing. What was left of the "community" did voice their support in their own way
    upload_2018-8-9_20-48-16.png

There's a strange line the "Detractor Half-Breeds" ride. As long has they can still enjoy Phil as an oddity, they can survive. Some end up tipping too far over and lose their patience, like thirdeyethethird did tonight, or nich has been doing for a long time.

In other news, metalgearex9000 finally snapped at Sidella
    upload_2018-8-9_20-59-35.png
    And Sidella responded as you would expect him to
    upload_2018-8-9_21-0-50.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    Haunter

Supervisor

kiwifarms.net
  3. $11K for federal income tax, $15K for FICA. If he actually paid it quarterly he'd be dropping about $6500.

• Informative Informative x 4
    SoapQueen1

SoapQueen1 speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  4. Even with the new passthrough rate drop and everything? Jesus.

• Feels Feels x 1
    actually

kiwifarms.net
  5. I wonder what he’ll actually do when Swaggins or whatever paypig finally does it. To go back to Max, he’s gotten massive donations before and it’s pretty much led to him cancelling the stream and trying to give it back because he’s profoundly uncomfortable taking really big sums from his viewers. Would Phil have the presence if mind to realize that it would look really weird to just take the money or is he really too greedy and stupid to not get rid of it?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Corypheus

Corypheus Totally not evil

kiwifarms.net
  6. He accepted several very large tips during his Christmas begathon, including the supposed $1000 that didn't show up on screen b/c he had the notifications turned off. But he did get like a $100, $200, $300, and $500 as well, with at least a couple being from the same guy (or at least the same name was used for the tip).

• Like Like x 1
    actually

kiwifarms.net
  7. Good on Maximilian for doing that.

Phil, on the other hand, took $500 from austmink, and during the Christmas Beg-A-Thon wanted people to believe a nameless individual gave him $1000.

Just yesterday he claimed his account's overdrawn. It would hurt his con to begin turning away especially large donations.

(Ninj'd slightly by actually)

Haunter

Supervisor

kiwifarms.net
  8. Isnt calling people exceptional individuals banable? When was he raging over people getting views for playing a spomgebob game anyway?

Drip Feed

Drip Feed If traps are gay then i am too

kiwifarms.net
  9. Gonna laugh if Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom wins a Paypig's choice poll

• Agree Agree x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. Imagine you're pulling in $90,000 as a Boeing, Microsoft, or Amazon Employee in Washington (which are, in Phil's eyes, the three companies that employ people in a 7 million population state). Imagine that you gross $3,750 per half-month, and you get the following taken out of your check:

Federal Tax: $450.00
    Social Security: $227.50
    Medicare/FICA: $53.20

You wipe your hands of that, and 60-80 dollars of a PPO/HMO, because you never see that, right? You take home somewhere around $2,950 and you wash your hands of it, and at the end of the year you file a 1040 and pull back 600 bucks and spend it on a TV or a Playstation and budget the rest of it out. That's what adults too.

Now, imagine you're Phil. Instead of taking home $2,950 and not having to worry about long-term risk, you're taking home $3,750 and your take home is much more significantly impacted. You're doubling your SSI/FICA input as 'self-employed' - that's $280 the average 'wage slave' doesn't think of. You're probably paying an extra $250 in health care per month just to avoid an ACA penalty. Over the course of a full year, you have $32,000+ of debts and obligations that the average employee never sees - costs that just come out of their Net Pay that they never have to consider. (

Now, imagine the average consultant, entrepreneur, small businessman with those obligations - he pulls 35 cents out of every dollar he earns over the course of a calendar year to pay for those obligations. If he's smart, he pays his federal taxes quarterly or even monthly - I won't spoil it for you. He's not smart. He melts down at a $11k+ Federal tax and $13,500+ FICA/SS obligation annually, and the last two years we've seen that in November/December since the IRS doesn't give a comfortable 3 month window for payments on self-employed businesses or S corporations that don't at least front part of their tax obligations quarterly. Again, none of this includes medical insurance payments, which are still heavily subsidized by an employer - get laid off and pay for COBRA coverage, you'll realize how much your employer drops in to your healthcare per year in America.

tl;dr: if you made as much as phil self-employed, you'd be paying $10,000+ in medical, SSI, and unemployment insurance that your employer covered. you'd also, unless you went out of your way to fuck yourself over, never see the federal tax obligation Phil's been neglecting to pay all year. Complain about him unfairly getting his adSense back, but remember that for every drop we pay into our retirements, Phil's dumping it into a black hole of a Rust Belt condo off of I-95;.

Edit: My original FICA/SS obligation assumed an employee contribution - as 'self employed', Phil doubles the Medicare and Unemployment contributions. I still don't feel comfortable talking about Washington B&O Tax, as I've seen 3 different rates Phil's 'business' could be taxed at. I get that he's thrown out specific numbers, but Phil Is A Liar.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. That doesn't exist anymore.

Did we ever get lore on why DSP's previous mod DeepDrive or whatever got banned from Twitch?
    EDIT: Never mind, I guess he's not.

SoapQueen1

SoapQueen1 speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  12. 17:00 "thank you darksydephil"

• Informative Informative x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  13. The highest rate I've seen is 1.5%, so I've always used that. And based on the ballpark numbers he's given, that rate works out to him having made ~$90-100k per year he's been in WA, which matches pretty well with the income.

• Informative Informative x 1
    actually

kiwifarms.net
  14. Did Dave just use a lolcow reference in his own chat? What?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    BoomerPhil

BoomerPhil Sock of Bryan Dunn
    Official Pet Cuck of the Kiwi Farms

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  15. According the twittersphere, tevin made it to the persona 5 fanarts. Again.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Max doesn't really need the money (although I say that without knowing how finances); I don't think I've ever been to a stream he does where he's not getting dozens of subs and ridiculous resubs. I'm sure he knows exactly what he has in overhead so giving money back somehow I can absolutely see him doing.

. . .on a tangent, people like Max, Kripp, Disguised Toast and Trump (to name a few) are exactly the successful streamers I think of when Phil whinges about "the muppetry of successful streamers." These guys aren't clowns, their overlays aren't crazy offensive and they aren't preoccupied with tips and subs. They play their games until it's time to quit, have a pretty reliable schedule, actually take time to exist in the real world and seem to enjoy what they do. Trump, the least popular of the group, in terms of stream numbers, still manages to pull 150-200K on his YT videos. . . even when he's playing not-Hearthstone his viewer numbers are usually 1K or above for fringe titles like Cult Simulator or Surviving Mars; these are numbers Phil would kill for. Hell Max just spent the last few weeks replaying Resident Evil and the stream numbers were gigantic.

TLDR: Phil is beyond out of touch on what makes a successful steamer, and even if he could get his"schtick" in order, his personality and ego would kill any quality he'd hope to squeeze out.

• Agree Agree x 9
    kiwifarms.net
  17. From my understanding, a successful streamer is like a good bro, his mind is one with his audience, they love their audience, it's like a very chilling party with everyone. They do not wait for a signal to interact with their fans, they just do it dynamically, constantly, they want to talk with the group, they play with you. Twitch is about personalities for a good reason. This is also why PDP's "Bro Fist" approach works so well, it makes him charismatic, he appears like a friend.

Phil is way too distant to his audience to ever achieve that, he just plays a game and people are just being tolerated to watch. And better throw money, you ungrateful fuck.

Kinda like, you have to be nice to be well received, not really a surprising concept. You would think Phil would have learned that after 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 8
    Wurstbrot

Wurstbrot The King of Suffering ACK ACK ACK

kiwifarms.net
  18. The irony is if Phil ever tries to become one of the good, friendly streamers he'd immediately lose audience, money and eventually go bankrupt in a matter of months.

• Like Like x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Not necessarily. I think he would surely lose some people who watch him for the toxic show, but the rest would stay and still know he needs that money, which he really does, to pay the bills. Then he would also gain new fans who stay for the friendly environment, the sub, they donate, maybe even big dollars from time to time; it's for a nice streamer, right?
    Phil doesn't need to get better at games, his failures and blindness would still be part of the hilarious "worst 21th century gamer show". He's

But thinking about a possible nice Phil isn't even worth thinking about, this nearly drifts into philosophy. What if the Sun dies tomorrow? Wouldn't happen, it's not part of reality. Just like a nice positive Phil is an impossible occurrence. It's not part of his personality and will never happen. And I don't count pretending to be nice to pay the bills, like when it's Christmas (the festivities of love and giving big money) , I mean sincere niceness.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Wurstbrot

Wurstbrot The King of Suffering ACK ACK ACK

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.