DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When did Phil propose?

• Prior to the Thanksgiving begging vlog where the "taxes" situation was unveiled

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • Christmas

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Valentine's Day

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • On a random Tuesday at 1 AM when Kat got home and he threw a ring at her while calling her "Leanna"

Votes: 77 46.4%
  • He didn't and this is a mass hallucination.

Votes: 16 9.6%

• Total voters

Destro1986

kiwifarms.net
Yesterday DSP said:

"We can do this guys, only 15 more we will hit the tier 1 sub goal and I'll do Drunksydephil Holiday Marathon, if that doesnt motivate you i don't know what else will"

Right now his stream is about to start, and Subcount dropped to 494.......

well, 493 because looks like Phil is subscribing to his own channel with that 2 year crown

Organic growth dooooooooooooooood

View attachment 588018 View attachment 588017
Has he said on his stream that he's not actually going to get drunk or what that just online?

thebonesauce

The North American Jape
kiwifarms.net
He shares much in common with Jordan Schlansky. They’re both lazy, both “Italian” and neither one of them does a lick of work that’s worth a damn.

Reactions: Sparkletor

FalsePositive

True Positivity
kiwifarms.net
Dark once again attributed something one person said to "most people", very blatantly right now. Someone should create the Twitch name "Most People" to troll him.

Reactions: thebonesauce

OneDaySon

kiwifarms.net
I love how his sauce is "homemade" when clearly its from a can.
That reminds me of the fact that when people told him about how it can't be authentic because he's using canned stuff, his defence was that the can said "Italian tomatoes" so therefore its authentic. It was just funny to me because he had all this processed shit but he made sure that all the stuff had "Italian" on it like Italian Garlic, Italian Tomatoes and so on. Like he went around the store making sure that all the stuff he picked had Italian on it, fresh or not. Cause THATS what matters.

You just know he has type 2 diabetes.

tbh I think he nailed the recipe. Especially that 1 teaspoon sugar. I dunno, maybe the way he does it is how Polish people make their sauce.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That reminds me of the fact that when people told him about how it can't be authentic because he's using canned stuff, his defence was that the can said "Italian tomatoes" so therefore its authentic.
In his defense, using that particular type of whole San Marzano canned tomato is not uncommon for people who aren't garbage cooks because there's not really any way to get them fresh since real San Marzanos I think only grow in Italy. The garbage in his recipe comes from pretty much everything else: the ungodly amount of sugar, the use of multiple cans of tomato paste, the absurd chunks of onion in his meatballs (good on Kat for telling him he's a dipshit for doing that instead of cooking them down in the sauce like fucking everybody else), burning the meatballs to shit and then cooking them for several more hours in the sauce, the lack of actual seasonings (as far as I can see), and of course, cooking the sauce for waaaay too long.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He claims his minimum payments for all his credit cards doubled this year. Maybe he's not making extra payments on his credit cards after all.
But how the actual fuck could that happen? The Fed hasn't increased rates that much, have they? I haven't seen a massive increase in my minimum...

Raven'sChild

Peep, peep, RAWR!!!!!!111one
kiwifarms.net
That reminds me of the fact that when people told him about how it can't be authentic because he's using canned stuff, his defence was that the can said "Italian tomatoes" so therefore its authentic. It was just funny to me because he had all this processed shit but he made sure that all the stuff had "Italian" on it like Italian Garlic, Italian Tomatoes and so on. Like he went around the store making sure that all the stuff he picked had Italian on it, fresh or not. Cause THATS what matters.

tbh I think he nailed the recipe. Especially that 1 teaspoon sugar. I dunno, maybe the way he does it is how Polish people make their sauce.

In his defense, using that particular type of whole San Marzano canned tomato is not uncommon for people who aren't garbage cooks because there's not really any way to get them fresh since real San Marzanos I think only grow in Italy. The garbage in his recipe comes from pretty much everything else: the ungodly amount of sugar, the use of multiple cans of tomato paste, the absurd chunks of onion in his meatballs (good on Kat for telling him he's a dipshit for doing that instead of cooking them down in the sauce like fucking everybody else), burning the meatballs to shit and then cooking them for several more hours in the sauce, the lack of actual seasonings (as far as I can see), and of course, cooking the sauce for waaaay too long.
His recipe uses salt pork ( that he 'browns' the meatballs in ) instead of olive oil
He adds garlic SALT and Onion SALT with his dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried cilantro and a bay leaf. His family recipe has to be a Polish sauce. I don't know of any self respecting Italian that would put Powdered Garlic salt, Powdered Onion Salt and Dried store bought herbs from a bottle in their sauce let alone that much Sugar.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His recipe uses salt pork ( that he 'browns' the meatballs in ) instead of olive oil
He adds garlic SALT and Onion SALT with his dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried cilantro and a bay leaf. His family recipe has to be a Polish sauce. I don't know of any self respecting Italian that would put Powdered Garlic salt, Powdered Onion Salt and Dried store bought herbs from a bottle in their sauce let alone that much Sugar.
Just sounds like "Fuck it, don't have enough time to cook so let's do batches" style cooking to me. It's all done in a way that's low effort and doesn't require any real micro; it's kind of like Khet's normal midwest mom style cooking in that regard. Dave just does it with the break and probably added even more sugar to it since it frees him from dealing with games, he has a garbage palate due to being an eternal college bum, and it allows him to pretend to be Italiano in a way that beggars belief.

I really don't get why he pulls out the Italian card so hard and why he's so fucking proud of it. Did he pretend he had mob relatives in school or some shit to scare off people when he got bullied or some shit? I don't get it.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think Fed rates would have anything to do with CC bills. Also it could be that he's tangled up in those great debt systems with low payments up front that swell swiftly after 5-10 years
This was bugging me, so I looked it up. Fed rates do affect CC minimums, but according to this (https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickclements/2018/03/22/how-the-fed-rate-increase-impacts-credit-card-debt/#79e788666167),
"When rates are increased by 0.25%, the minimum due will increase by $2 for every $10,000 of credit card debt."

In short, there is literally no way Phil's minimums doubled unless his minimums were $2, and he is yet again just flat lying. The only question at this point is whether it's his statement about his minimums doubling or not. I am, naturally, inclined to say he's full of shit, and they just increased slightly. Perhaps he put some more debt on them, which would actually result in a more significant minimum?

Destro1986

kiwifarms.net
This was bugging me, so I looked it up. Fed rates do affect CC minimums, but according to this (https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickclements/2018/03/22/how-the-fed-rate-increase-impacts-credit-card-debt/#79e788666167),
"When rates are increased by 0.25%, the minimum due will increase by $2 for every $10,000 of credit card debt."

In short, there is literally no way Phil's minimums doubled unless his minimums were $2, and he is yet again just flat lying. The only question at this point is whether it's his statement about his minimums doubling or not. I am, naturally, inclined to say he's full of shit, and they just increased slightly. Perhaps he put some more debt on them, which would actually result in a more significant minimum?
Well, what I mean is that minimums can go up for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with interest rates. Rates going up will lead to an increase, sure, because the lender faces more expenses tied to the outstanding debt. Also those rates would only affect the interest charges.

Like I said, he could just have bad contracts that had him paying interest only for a limited amount of time and now he's having to make payments against the balance as well as the interest.

Edit: it's also possible that he did something stupid like rolled them over onto a card that ended up having a higher minimum payment.

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
DSP has no money.

I have a question if anyone more knowledgeable about taxes than me knows the answer.

What benefit does DSP get from claiming his business internet as a tax write off? He just doesn't have to pay taxes on it or what? Because if that is the case he is wasting money with two lines.

Hypothetical made up numbers to make it easy. Lets say internets cost $100. Tax is say 10%. 2 internets would cost $220. After writing 1 internet off as a business expense you would get $10 back. This hypothetical person would be spending an extra $110 to save $10.

Am I correct about this assumption? He can't be this stupid, right?

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In short, there is literally no way Phil's minimums doubled
It could happen if he got hit by universal default. Given the scummy kind of credit cards he probably uses, it wouldn't surprise me if they all engage in the practice. Defaulting on one card could jack all of them up to the default rate of 30% or whatever it is.

EDIT: well never mind, reading closer it seems like that practice is outlawed now, even for DSP-tier credit cards.

Last edited:

notquiteaperson

kiwifarms.net
To apply occam's razor to this... if his credit card minimum payments have doubled it is most likely either because he (or khet) has significantly increased the outstanding balance on his credit cards or he hasn't been paying his bill on time. As actually already pointed out any increase in minimum payment as a result of the fed raising rates is negligible so that has nothing to do with it.
To realistically apply occam's razor to this... 95% of what comes out of Dave's snort hole are lies or exaggerations and this is just another scummy begging tactic.
If his CC company told him he needs to pay more each month his response would be...
I don't have the money to do it

Destro1986

kiwifarms.net
To apply occam's razor to this... if his credit card minimum payments have doubled it is most likely either because he (or khet) has significantly increased the outstanding balance on his credit cards or he hasn't been paying his bill on time. As actually already pointed out any increase in minimum payment as a result of the fed raising rates is negligible so that has nothing to do with it.
To realistically apply occam's razor to this... 95% of what comes out of Dave's snort hole are lies or exaggerations and this is just another scummy begging tactic.
If his CC company told him he needs to pay more each month his response would be...
You know since he basically doesn't need credit now that he has a car and two houses, he should just quit paying the CC's and let them go to collections. He'd get like 1-2 years without having the payments and he'd end up paying 10-20% of what he owes.

bearsti

kiwifarms.net
DSP has no money.

I have a question if anyone more knowledgeable about taxes than me knows the answer.

What benefit does DSP get from claiming his business internet as a tax write off? He just doesn't have to pay taxes on it or what? Because if that is the case he is wasting money with two lines.

Hypothetical made up numbers to make it easy. Lets say internets cost $100. Tax is say 10%. 2 internets would cost $220. After writing 1 internet off as a business expense you would get $10 back. This hypothetical person would be spending an extra $110 to save $10.

Am I correct about this assumption? He can't be this stupid, right?
I'll answer this in a simple way since it's a little bit complicated. I don't understand your numbers at all but I'll use them as an example. Writing off his business internet will just... lowers his taxable income.
Let's say his income this year $2000, he writes off internet for $100, that means his taxable income is $1900. Since tax is 10%, he pays $190 for taxes. Does this make any sense?

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino