DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

What is the "behind the scenes" money stress?

• Bank/Lender won't allow the foreclosure or short sale of the CT condo and may use legal actions

Votes: 86 20.7%
  • Credit card compan(y/ies) won't drop monthly payment amounts

Votes: 31 7.5%
  • Phil has realized the federal tax monthly payment is not accounted for because he doesn't budget

Votes: 30 7.2%
  • Combination of all 3

Votes: 268 64.6%

• Total voters

samovski

feelsoldman
kiwifarms.net
I put D$P's wrestling sim on for 20 seconds - Robocop v the joker

Does a rhyme (in a strange voice) at 520 that the joker is "going to kick your dick".

Then elaborates that as it is a no DQ match, the joker can kick your dick as much as he wants and there's nothing you can do about it

I mean... It's embarrassing. He has the mind of a child.
Live commentary is hard okay guise? It takes years to hone your skills and get to the level he's at.

(I'm not even taking the piss here. These are actual words this faggot has said.)

Agentsmith

kiwifarms.net
Live commentary is hard okay guise? It takes years to hone your skills and get to the level he's at.

(I'm not even taking the piss here. These are actual words this faggot has said.)
Yep. His delusions are amazing.

When talking about his financial issues & the negative impact on his mood during streams (while strangely also conversely saying others haven't seen or commented any negative impact):

"...I guess that's just a testament to the fact that I've done this so long, that um, basically ah, I'm pretty good at this... You know what I mean?

Um, I'm pretty good at this and I'm pretty good at not letting the stuff that's bothering me get to me and/or show on the streams"

2:32 if the embed doesn't work

Filthy Greenskin

screaming green fungus born yesterday
kiwifarms.net
This is the shit that really gets me, he admits in the video he USE to have no problems affording his house, until his life was destroyed by the trolls. When in reality it’s been many things that have contributed to his decline, the fact remains he bought a house at the height of his income across the country. The YouTube bubble burst, your popularity declined and people attacked you because you’re an asshole. Whatever the reason the fact is you don’t make the money you use to make when you could afford the house, time to fucking cut the fat. A doctor who got fired and has to work at McDonald’s isn’t going to just stay in the same house or drive the same car if they splurged out with their money. He’s got this warped sense of reality that since he could afford something before he always deserves to have it, not how life works piggy. Begging will not continue to make up the difference in your bills, and your bubble is going to burst again.
What really baffles me is when Phil complains that everything went wrong for him, he just assumed everything would stay constant. He would keep earning the same money, Patreon would slowly keep increasing, etc. In no way did Phil forsee any reason to save money because he seems to only look one week ahead. Loads of Youtubers were hit by the adpocalypse and none of them ended up falling on their asses as hard as Phil. But as we know, none of it can be Phil's fault. It's youtube and tevin making him lose money and sponsorships.

Also Phil in his latest video said he needs to keep earning for two years. That's two more years after his $16k from his fans, he still thinks that he can stay at some constant while depending on tips and a rapidly shrinking patreon is the hardest denial I've seen in a while.

Pubic Enemy #1

Oi m8 wot if ur mam was an email
kiwifarms.net
DSP is honestly amazing at gaslighting tbh. In all his begging, he's so good at misleading and manipulating people that I forget he's trying to get people to save his second home. He's making out like he'll be homeless. No, faggot, you'll just have to sell your giant house and move into a slightly smaller home or, at worst, move back to that small kahndo. The very worst case scenario is that DSP still has all his shit, a roof over his head, and food on the table. He just doesn't have a giant house that he can't afford bleeding him dry.

Wurstbrot

Completely Vapid of Enjoyment
kiwifarms.net
DSP is honestly amazing at gaslighting tbh. In all his begging, he's so good at misleading and manipulating people that I forget he's trying to get people to save his second home. He's making out like he'll be homeless. No, faggot, you'll just have to sell your giant house and move into a slightly smaller home or, at worst, move back to that small kahndo. The very worst case scenario is that DSP still has all his shit, a roof over his head, and food on the table. He just doesn't have a giant house that he can't afford bleeding him dry.
I honestly see it this way:
Moving is stressful. Put all your stuff together, dismantle heavy stuff, renovate, somehow move everything to the other side of the country, move the heavy stuff in, construct, renovate again, Kat has to search for a new job, he has to buy new foam for the walls, his Wolverine spine can't handle it, moving also costs additional money,... I think this is a lot of unnecessary stress he wants to avoid. I know I would. But I was not the person who decided to cross the whole country and make everything way more difficult, in a house I could only afford by taking credit.

Question, because I never took a credit. Aren't credits given for investments, because they want to have that money back at some point? In which way is "paying taxes" an investment? I'm halfway sure this is not how credits work. And the other halfway makes me think he scams the bank by making them believe this is an investment. But I could be wrong, feel free to inform me.

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And anyone who thinks he wouldn't pull exactly the same schtick if he were forced to move back to CT is fooling themselves. For every bout of financial woes he's expressed over the years he's never once provided any sort of proof. If he found himself landed back in his bachelor pad I'd give him two months before he started with "gonna wind up living back with my parents, dood! can't let that happen, guys!"

DSP will weave any story he has to in order to stay on the streamer dole. It's the main reason why I think his laziness ultimately trumps his ego - at the end of the day he sleeps just fine no matter how humiliating the story is he needs to tell. So long as he doesn't actually need to enter the real world and find work.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
What really baffles me is when Phil complains that everything went wrong for him, he just assumed everything would stay constant. He would keep earning the same money, Patreon would slowly keep increasing, etc. In no way did Phil forsee any reason to save money because he seems to only look one week ahead. Loads of Youtubers were hit by the adpocalypse and none of them ended up falling on their asses as hard as Phil. But as we know, none of it can be Phil's fault. It's youtube and tevin making him lose money and sponsorships.

Also Phil in his latest video said he needs to keep earning for two years. That's two more years after his $16k from his fans, he still thinks that he can stay at some constant while depending on tips and a rapidly shrinking patreon is the hardest denial I've seen in a while.
It isn't even like after 2 years and a refinance his fans are relieved of this burden Phil places on them. Phil's check is made up of donations, Phil expects to do this forever, so the money can never stop coming. Since the 2015 copyright strikes every time one hurdle is jumped another is already waiting along the path. Phil chose to build a house of cards on a foundation primarily made of generosity of others, and since Phil is terrible at his job and an unikeably human being he has to beg and cry and manipulate money out of people.

He dangles these non existent carrots in front of his viewers saying they just have to get to April or they just need to push through two more years, but his fans will still be his income source in May so they better keep those bits/tips/subs coming.

Agentsmith

kiwifarms.net
To whomever is in charge of the polls, could I make a suggestion for a new one:

What do you believe Philip P Burnell deserves in regards to his request for $16,000 cash from viewers by April?

1) he deserves the $16,000

2) he deserves as much as people will pay him

3) he deserves nothing, but I don't wish him ill

4) regardless of what he deserves, he should sell his Renton property and live within his means

5) he deserves misfortune as he is not a nice person to his viewers

6) he deserves to lose his house

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
Maybe Phil can rent out Kat’s office (she doesn’t sleep there, right, Phil?) to a tenant for $800 - $1000 per month. A new character would give this show the shot in the arm it needs, especially if they turn out to be an ornery squatter.
There is no way Phil would ever let a stranger move in to his house. He would have to meet them 3 times first.

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe Phil can rent out Kat’s office (she doesn’t sleep there, right, Phil?) to a tenant for $800 - $1000 per month. A new character would give this show the shot in the arm it needs, especially if they turn out to be an ornery squatter.
Or a really uptight neat-freak germophobe. The Odd Couple 2k18.

Hungrymandinner

kiwifarms.net
While watching a cam girl horror movie called fittingly enough Cam last night, my mind went to Phil as I saw the title character debase herself for virtual tokens. Obviously Phil is not as attractive, talented, or motivated as your run of the mill cam girl, but he could take a page from their money-making book and change up his game a bit. Paypigs crave agency; they want their monkey to dance for them; that is why Phil’s patrons spoon-feed him instructions on getting through video games. So give the people what they want, Phil. For example, how many people would tip 5,000 bits if it made Phil hook up a car battery to his testicles (no nudity would be shown, of course) or 2,000 bits made him eat half a jar of mayonnaise by itself? Just brainstorming ways to save the house. Feel free to use these ideas, Phil.

gaarashatan

kiwifarms.net
This is the shit that really gets me, he admits in the video he USE to have no problems affording his house, until his life was destroyed by the trolls. When in reality it’s been many things that have contributed to his decline, the fact remains he bought a house at the height of his income across the country. The YouTube bubble burst, your popularity declined and people attacked you because you’re an asshole. Whatever the reason the fact is you don’t make the money you use to make when you could afford the house, time to fucking cut the fat. A doctor who got fired and has to work at McDonald’s isn’t going to just stay in the same house or drive the same car if they splurged out with their money. He’s got this warped sense of reality that since he could afford something before he always deserves to have it, not how life works piggy. Begging will not continue to make up the difference in your bills, and your bubble is going to burst again.
indeed, what it basically comes down to is. he took on a big financial risk, even knowing something like this could happen. be it the detractors or his own negative personality that caused his problems (which is kinda the root of all his problems in a way). he shouldve never moved and bought that huge fkin house for himself

i guess you could sum it up as part of the delusional world he lives in... the delusion that hes going to get more popular, more money. the delusion that hes always right and whatever he does is right.

i actually imagine, when kat leaves and he losses that house, thats not going to be the end of it. he will still want to live lavishly..good internet, tv shows, expensive things etc. and that will bite him in the ass as his income just declines and declines and not before long... hes going to be begging on the streets for real. then hell find out just how hard it really is. when youre freezing your balls off trying to get a dollar from someone. see how much harder it is than to wake up in an insulated house and beg hundreds just by looking into a camera.

most people start a retirement plan when theyre about 30, give or take and hes almost 40. and because of his need to live lavishly, even after he downsizes he wont put any money away, he wont save. hell just expect people to give him more and more so he can afford his stuff and khando.

Last edited:

strandedcastaway

kiwifarms.net
It isn't even like after 2 years and a refinance his fans are relieved of this burden Phil places on them. Phil's check is made up of donations, Phil expects to do this forever, so the money can never stop coming. Since the 2015 copyright strikes every time one hurdle is jumped another is already waiting along the path. Phil chose to build a house of cards on a foundation primarily made of generosity of others, and since Phil is terrible at his job and an unikeably human being he has to beg and cry and manipulate money out of people.

He dangles these non existent carrots in front of his viewers saying they just have to get to April or they just need to push through two more years, but his fans will still be his income source in May so they better keep those bits/tips/subs coming.
Your first paragraph, exactly.

Believe it or not kids, there really IS a way for a single person with no kids to support to survive quite comfortably on $80K (or $70,000, or $90,000, or whatever it is depending on the year) before taxes. This shocks me, but it's true. It just requires not outspending your income and a little common sense. Then as you said, as a small business owner in an ever-changing industry, you have to anticipate that things might change at some point and your income might shift. But his income has been strong thanks to the paypigs, so even that hasn't really been the issue. His unwillingness to learn or accept (or even take) responsibility for anything are his major issues, and because DSP is DSP, they'll never go away.

Agentsmith

kiwifarms.net
I recall he said he wouldn't take on a room mate as his 'work' is too noisy, and they would hear him yelling through the doors. Also - though he hasn't mentioned it, he appears scared of human contact.

Totally ridiculous he wouldn't take on a room mate in a 4 bedroom house, given it appears Kat may be a room mate who sleeps in a different room, in addition to the fact that he could use the extra income (even some $100 a week) to pay for all his internet, TV services etc - as calculated recently that adds up to over $4k a year

In regards to his financial risks, I also recall him saying the bank gave him a hard time with the loan application due to his 'work' being hard to define. I believe he insulted the bank saying along the lines of they weren't up with technology / people earning from the internet. Ironic now he's begged for $$ ever since he moved.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Question, because I never took a credit. Aren't credits given for investments, because they want to have that money back at some point? In which way is "paying taxes" an investment? I'm halfway sure this is not how credits work. And the other halfway makes me think he scams the bank by making them believe this is an investment. But I could be wrong, feel free to inform me.
"Credit"is borrowing money to spend, in theory, on a significant purchase with the understanding that you will pay the balance back over time with some interest (additional money given to the lender). Most often it's used for things like buying a residence (mortgages), a car, or doing something like starting a business. Credit cards also fall under this category, in that a lender provides a credit card with a certain limit, and you can buy things with that credit limit. Same deal, though--once you buy something, interest will start to accrue if you don't pay the balance off at the end of the month.

Credit cards are handy because you don't have to have immediate cash in large amounts for purchases, and you are afforded some protection if you're truly scammed (or someone clones your credit card). They can also represent a (BEGINNER'S) debt trap if you act like Phil and rack up a bunch of debt you can't actually afford to pay off. Credit card issuers make the most money when people pay only the required minimum amount monthly. This maximizes interest and results in the borrower paying literally thousands of dollars more than they otherwise would.

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
"Credit"is borrowing money to spend, in theory, on a significant purchase with the understanding that you will pay the balance back over time with some interest (additional money given to the lender). Most often it's used for things like buying a residence (mortgages), a car, or doing something like starting a business. Credit cards also fall under this category, in that a lender provides a credit card with a certain limit, and you can buy things with that credit limit. Same deal, though--once you buy something, interest will start to accrue if you don't pay the balance off at the end of the month.

Credit cards are handy because you don't have to have immediate cash in large amounts for purchases, and you are afforded some protection if you're truly scammed (or someone clones your credit card). They can also represent a (BEGINNER'S) debt trap if you act like Phil and rack up a bunch of debt you can't actually afford to pay off. Credit card issuers make the most money when people pay only the required minimum amount monthly. This maximizes interest and results in the borrower paying literally thousands of dollars more than they otherwise would.
Guess what? WRONG!

Credit is free money. A credit card is a magic device that lets you buy stuff even if you have no money. The best part is you can buy like $1000 worth of stuff for example and the idiots at the bank only want $100 at the end of the month. So the smart thing to do would be to pit $16k on credit cards because then you would only have to pay back $1.6k a month. Suckers!

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino