DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• April

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • May

Votes: 138 34.8%
  • June

Votes: 137 34.6%
  • July

Votes: 86 21.7%
  • How many begathons will be held (choose 1)?

Votes: 63 15.9%

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 114 28.8%
  • 3-4

Votes: 83 21.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 119 30.1%

• Total voters

Destro1986

kiwifarms.net
Quite interesting quote. I'm very glad he enjoys Smash and... Wait, what does the invisible kiwi on my shoulder whisper? He said nothing alike? Just how it boils down to how gladly he milks Nintendo now? And that he multiple times yelled how much Smash sucks? And that his chat is laughing at his incompetence? Oh geez, thank you invisible kiwi, I can always rely on you.

It's so easy: Don't write anything. And after you wrote it, read it again and evaluate if the post is worth all the potential troubles and maybe do not press "Send". It's literally, and this is a surprise when a lazy person like Dave does it, the incapability of just doing nothing. Let it be, shut up.
He could also just make a sock account to talk shit on.

12/08/18 First Prestream - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Stream: Damage Control is . . . MASSIVELY STRONG

2. I think this is the first DSP Non-Apology that doesn’t deflect blame onto detractors and trolls. This shocks me! *Places hand over chest in surprise*
Actually I think he's just scared of getting in trouble. He did a 15 minute prestream today, and pointedly tried to avoid being negative.

either he realized that Ninja can obliterate his life and leave him homeless, or his Twitch Manager emailed him and told him Ninja can obliterate his life and leave him homeless.

Cause without Twitch I don't think he can make even the condo payments.

flatsoda

TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION
kiwifarms.net
Unless she was up at 2 AM with his gin-soaked ass, doubtful. He's used that "moving forward positively" nonsense in some form for literally 5 years now. See, for instance, this tweet from 2013: https://twitter.com/TheyCallMeDSP/status/377302492088123392
You've convinced me.
Although, I do love the idea of Phil stumbling into Kat's office/bedroom at 2AM and waking her up from dreams of the gym. Runny-nosed with fat kid tears running down his face, pointing at his phone in a panic. "Look at what those trolls did! They're spamming Ninja to try to erase my Twitch! *Panicked Snort* You gotta help me, Khet!"

Destro1986

kiwifarms.net
You've convinced me.
Although, I do love the idea of Phil stumbling into Kat's office/bedroom at 2AM and waking her up from dreams of the gym. Runny-nosed with fat kid tears running down his face, pointing at his phone in a panic. "Look at what those trolls did! They're spamming Ninja to try to erase my Twitch! *Panicked Snort* You gotta help me, Khet!"
Holy shit he would 100% call that "detractors spamming Ninja"

I think you understand Dark's thinking dangerously well. Seek help.

Reactions: flatsoda

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Capture.PNG

Just another partial lie from Phil that needs to be documented. Paypal charges 2.9% + $0.30 (for CC donations in US$). Phil's statement would be true for $1 tips only. Anything that's, say, $2 or more will not have 1/3rd of the amount going to fees. I think there's also an option for the donator to pay a little extra to cover the fees as well if they so choose.

As for what goes through, no way to know one way or the other, but given that it's Phil, I'm just gonna assume it's bullshit since he would bitch about that constantly if it was true.

Edit: Also running into overtime yet again. Guess Kat is, uh, working late on a Saturday?

Last edited:

MangledTwot

Fuckwit. That's it.
kiwifarms.net
Because he still makes more money from it than over 70% of the U.S. population. Yet despite all of the luxury he has he's still one of the whiniest losers on the internet that nobody respects or takes seriously.
The only time he was ever truly entertaining was when he was caught with his dick in hand on that stream. Or as he calls it, The Incident. He's an annoying turdmongler otherwise.

Draza

Rasistički
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because he still makes more money from it than over 70% of the U.S. population. Yet despite all of the luxury he has he's still one of the whiniest losers on the internet that nobody respects or takes seriously.
He also can't manage finances for shit and run a good business, even when he graduated college with an degree in finance. Truly hilairious.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Guess who kept placing 4th out of 4 players

This guy sucks at gaming, real talk

View attachment 610730

View attachment 610732
Earlier this game made him feel happy and positive. Might even be his GOTY. Wonder if he still feels that way.

Edit:Looking at that picture more the Christmas light really accentuate the sadness of these still shots. If only Kat wasn't chased away we could have seen some good stills of her and fake drunk Phil in a Santa hat.

Last edited:
Reactions: kamekmagik

flatsoda

TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION
kiwifarms.net
Underrated DarksydeShill vid:

It's pretty incredible just how similar to those 'As Seen on TV' advertisements this entire video is.

Was Phil Burnell a door-to-door salesman in a previous life?
Two great things about that shill video:
1. Like all classy professional pitchmen, DSP scratches his ass at the 2:15 mark of the video.
2. "Later this year, I'm planning to move and I'm gonna need furniture! This is a great starting piece for a new place, right?" I think the last time that beanbag chair was seen, it was jammed in some corner of his hoarder room. Clearly it was a great starting piece for the hoarder room.

Holy shit he would 100% call that "detractors spamming Ninja"

I think you understand Dark's thinking dangerously well. Seek help.
Yeah, the last couple of days where I've been transcribing his prestreams have, uhm . . . changed me.

I have stared into the abyss and the abyss snorted back.

Speaking of which:

12/08/18 Second Prestream - Smash Bros. Ultimate Multiplayer Salt Stream: Gamecube Controllers Are The Superior Controllers

"One second, everybody! Oooff! *long pause* My doorbell rang, I have absolutely no idea why. I don't recall having any packages or anything being delivered today. But, maybe Kat had something coming? I have no idea. Uhm, gimme a second. I'm gonna go check. I just want to make sure it's nothing important. I don't seen anyone downstairs, so I'm thinking it's just package or something. Gimme a second to check, and then, then we'll get started. Okay, everybody? All right, I'll be right back! *off mic* Just check here!"
*One minute later*
*back on mic* "Well, it was a package! It was a package for Kat, something that Kat had ordered. I'm glad that I checked! I don't want to leave it out there all night, have it be all freezing or whatever. *Fake Laugh*"

"Guys, if you are going to contribute tonight, and you have the chance to CHOOSE how you would like to contribute. Please guys, I would ask, if you could, PLEASE, uhm, TIP ME! Tipping me helps me the most right now! Because, right now guys, money is really tight! All my bills are coming due in the next week, and I don't get paid until the middle of the month by Twitch! Last two months, sadly, I got overdrawn on my bank account by like - not a lot, either! Like a couple of hundred bucks. It just sucks that it happens! Because then I get paid, and I make more than enough money to pay all that shit, but then I get overdraft fees and shit! It really does suck! Uhm, if you tip me, it helps me out! Because that money goes right to my bank account to pay these bills! All right? Everything is appreciated: Cheers, Subs, or Tips! But, just saying, tips help me the most right now!"

"Infinite55 tipped me TWENTY DOLLARS! He said it's for the tip he tried to do the other night that didn't go through. Yeah, the other night, Infinite went to tip me, and it actually showed up on the feed, but it never came through. And, by the way, I should say this - because there are people out there who LITERALLY nickel and dime, and try to add up every single contribution I get on stream, to try to see how much money I make! What they don't realize is that this happens all the time! Most of the tips that I get, uh, I don't get that! Because, usually, there's a big processing fee of about ONE-THIRD that's taken out of all tips that I receive. In addition to that, a lot of the tips don't go through! That's happened a lot, where it says that there's a tip and then I look, and it's gone! For whatever reason, the bank declined it or whatever. Uhm, it sucks, but people get the shoutout anyway! I'm still appreciative that someone tried! You know what I mean? Uhm, it sucks when it doesn't go through. But, there you go. So, anyway, thank you Infinite! I appreciate that, man!"

Two observations I had:

1. Kat really does appear to run the Maison de Gout or at least has DSP well trained. Just look at the flustered way DSP hopped to, to make sure that Kat's delivered package doesn't stay outside for too long. And earlier this week she had him breaking down old chairs to take to the garbage dump, so that she can explore the hoarder room and see if there are any hidden treasures buried under his pile of old Loot Crate boxes.
2. DSP attempting a disinformation campaign to discredit the people that track his public facing income during this year's Hardcore Begging Season, isn't surprising at all. Especially since this year, he's trying to guilt them into opening their wallets wider than ever. And if his paypigs were more aware of how much he's actually bringing in through his begging, they might not be so willing to let Phil keep his hand in their pockets.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And, by the way, I should say this - because there are people out there who LITERALLY nickel and dime, and try to add up every single contribution I get on stream, to try to see how much money I make! What they don't realize is that this happens all the time! Most of the tips that I get, uh, I don't get that! Because, usually, there's a big processing fee of about ONE-THIRD that's taken out of all tips that I receive. In addition to that, a lot of the tips don't go through! That's happened a lot, where it says that there's a tip and then I look, and it's gone! For whatever reason, the bank declined it or whatever. Uhm, it sucks, but people get the shoutout anyway! I'm still appreciative that someone tried! You know what I mean? Uhm, it sucks when it doesn't go through. But, there you go. So, anyway, thank you Infinite! I appreciate that, man!"
DSP attempting a disinformation campaign to discredit the people that track his public facing income during this year's Hardcore Begging Season, isn't surprising at all. Especially since this year, he's trying to guilt them into opening their wallets wider than ever. And if his paypigs were more aware of how much he's actually bringing in through his begging, they might not be so willing to let Phil keep his hand in their pockets.
Since I know you're reading this Phil, suck my ass hi buddy! :biggrin:

You're lying about paying a 1/3rd fee on any tips more than $1, and I take the fees into account auto-magically now. Also "nickel and dime" means to try and squeeze every cent out of someone you can--you know, like you do when you're begging for $16k.

See you at the monthly round-up :lol:

grump

kiwifarms.net
Its funny when you think about it. Phil is actually fairly successful, but everything he has is soured by his bad attitude and self imposed social exile. ThisIsHowYouDon'tLive
His insane gout luck has pulled in above average money for him. He's good, or his luck is good at that. In spending or retaining or growing money. Not so much. At least if you believe his own words.

samovski

feelsoldman
kiwifarms.net
Its funny when you think about it. Phil is actually fairly successful, but everything he has is soured by his bad attitude and self imposed social exile. ThisIsHowYouDon'tLive
He's like what happens when an idiot stumbles on success. He got the success when it was early, made quite a bit of money, then started letting his true attitude show through more and more. For most people this wouldn't be a bad thing, plenty of streamers are their "real selves" on stream. Some are twats, some are quiet, some are funny, some are clever. Dark, is a cunt. By choice or not his actual personality doesn't mesh with what viewers want. The more of himself he let through the more he lost whatever he had.

He could've been more successful. But he had to be a cunt about it. This is his reward, a near 3900-page on a lolcow forum.

10-year-legacy cemented.