DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• January

Votes: 140 35.1%
  • February

Votes: 214 53.6%
  • March

Votes: 165 41.4%
  • April

Votes: 104 26.1%

• Total voters

Noob-Noob

Jealous dumbfuck
kiwifarms.net
Announces months ago he will be making an end of year top games special.

Changes the plan to a live top ten retrospective because no editing videos.

Claims the project in in the works.

Takes a week off playing sick but is able to binge watch movies, get a haircut, and go shopping all day with Kat.

No video. Couldn't work on it because he was sick. Takes more days off. Doesn't even put together a rough draft or begin to formulate a top 10 list.

Week later still nothing. Don't ask about it in chat or get swagged.

This is a guy who clearly is working hard for that $10k donation. Thanks Emerald for ensuring this quality content will be around for years to come! Money well spent.
How long until he get's so lazy, he just tweets his top 10 games list in a twitlonger?

...but only if they hit the sub goal....and the patrons nominate it for a reward.....and it doesn't fall victim to the, "executive" decision.....

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He ended his stream at 4 PM his time. Doesn't come back until 6:45. Does that mean he's taking a 3 hours break...? When has he started doing this?
That's pretty standard for him (at least the ending at 4 PM his time). He also doesn't usually turn on the evening stream until about 6:30 his time. So basically he's been exaggerating the whole "busy busy busy" bullshit he says.

Edit: Phil says he "dominated" today. Here's the stats for everyone to judge: https://cod.tracker.gg/bo4/profile/psn/DarksydePhil/career/matches

I see 3 really good matches (K/D > 2), one of which was legit domination (K/D of 5). Also, his all-time K/D is less than 1.

Last edited:

Fuckoffdad

You'll be where you belong
kiwifarms.net
Jesus. This board has gotten increasingly autistic as of late...

Aside from talking about him on here, I need a break from Dark. My tolerance for his shit, even through things like Snort Burnell’s videos, is at an all time low lately.

I appreciate all the updates on this board.
Hasn't it always been highly concentrated autism? I can certainly do without seeing clips of him pulling his dirty undies out of his ass. I don't know what the discrepancy is between his various disgusting habits with other people but everyone has their limits I guess.

I'd say almost everyone experiences DSP burnout at some point. The whole problem is that the entire show is hosted by a truly insipid human being who lacks any intiative when it comes to providing any measure of entertainment value. He truly can't plan ahead for anything or put any kind of fun spin on his content at all.. so you're simply stuck waiting for the next fuck up out of his mouth in order to get something out of a stream.

It's why I refuse to sit and watch him and can barely even stomach 'tractor videos anymore either. It's really nice to go days without ever hearing that whiny voice of his as he gulps down some more nose juice down the back of his throat. So enjoy your break.. you know he'll be waiting for you when you get back.

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"And so it goes":

I want to know how Phil would react to a whale giving him what amounts to an allowance.

I'll explain.

Someone contacts Phil. They have a large sum in escrow prepared to forward to his PayPal, with the following stipulations:

a) he must play a game of their choosing to completion, on the hardest difficulty setting, with no breaks, meaning he can't switch to another game at any point. He can keep his ridiculous clock-in/clock-out schedule but every stream has to be dedicated solely to that game until he's finished it.

b) there will be set amounts deducted for various "bad behaviors". Chat handholding, abusing his viewers, belching/snorting/bottle crushing, excessive complaining, will all cause the whale to deduct from the final reward.

The idea here is to test how strong Phil's greed is in reference to improving the quality of his stream, and to what extent. Every incentive has been dangled in front of his face except guaranteed cash. How much of a whore would Phil make himself to be for a big payday?
The stickling issue would be the stipulations. With those limitations, you'd immediately be brushed off as a troll (especially after those two email exchanges recently surfaced). He has no fear of attacking his donors when they fall out of line (like with bentboxer, most recently).

You could (hypothetically, or course) instead write him something like: "Hi Phil! I've been a fan since [whatever videos from years ago]! I've recently come into a small fortune and would love to help alleviate your financial woes! I'm prepared to send you a monthly stipend of $10.00 [or whatever amount] a week. Hope that helps :)".

The interest here would be to see his reaction to a low donation when a larger amount is in sight. It would be staging what essentially happened with emerald_seven gifting $12,000 worth of subs when he could have just donated the full $18,000. This time, Phil has the chance to finagle his way for the entirety.

Announces months ago he will be making an end of year top games special.

Changes the plan to a live top ten retrospective because no editing videos.

Claims the project in in the works.

Takes a week off playing sick but is able to binge watch movies, get a haircut, and go shopping all day with Kat.

No video. Couldn't work on it because he was sick. Takes more days off. Doesn't even put together a rough draft or begin to formulate a top 10 list.

Week later still nothing. Don't ask about it in chat or get swagged.

This is a guy who clearly is working hard for that $10k donation. Thanks Emerald for ensuring this quality content will be around for years to come! Money well spent.
I've been considering making a "Timetable of Phil's Promises" thread. Along with this post, the "DSP Tries It" I believe is still owed, and another one I've already forgotten, I'd add this (from @flatsoda's 01/01/19 First Prestream here):

"Uhm. I actually have, a NEW, kind of, campaign coming up this year. That I'll be announcing soon. I'm not ready to do it, yet! Because, I've been so sick and everything. I'm behind. Like, I was actually, I was originally going to announce it on the first, TODAY! And have this BIG LAUNCHING THING! I can't do it now! You know, being sick, I really lost so much time that I would have been working on stuff! That I can't do it yet. But, I'll tell you right now, this year, 2019, there will be a new, kind of, initiative."

To touch on how I'd like the next Slap-Fight to be handled (since October there's been four or five of these. Has it always been like this? Maybe I just wasn't watching for it, or the posts were quickly deleted): Sometime around late July there was talk of whether or not it's better to delete the posts involved. I'd suggested introducing these red bars neger used:

I realized last night it's just an image copy and pasted into an edit (or at least the one SoapQueen1 used to test it out. I think neger had some other magic way of doing it. I'd just take screengrabs of the ones neger made and copy and paste those.) Basically, with the Red Bars and Slap-Fight posts left un-deleted:

-A handful of Bars would lead to the same deletions as ever. This time, there'd be a more gradual lead up, with fair warnings, instead of the sudden slash-and-burning brought down on everyone.

-It'd dispel possible confusion for those that missed it. For this one, I forgot to delete a few lingering comments. Unfortunately, @rizlajizzla was left confused, and @Moritsune deleted a post to avoid stirring up trouble that didn't need to be deleted. For those that weren't privy to the fight, it'd at least indicate why the thread's diminished by a page number.

-It'd illustrate for other posters what to avoid.

And then if that doesn't work, I'll think of something else :/

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
How long until he get's so lazy, he just tweets his top 10 games list in a twitlonger?

...but only if they hit the sub goal....and the patrons nominate it for a reward.....and it doesn't fall victim to the, "executive" decision.....
Since he doen't have time to sit on the couch and ramble about 10 games he played last year he should just whip up one of those easy edited videos. Phil claimed his long form, raw unedited reviews took way more work then those bums putting out 10 minute edited reviews full of thought out points and gameplay illustrating said points.

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
I don't know where to stick this. Ahem.

The other night I copied Phil's flailing arm movements and jabbing and swaying and shit. Like literally sat and mirrored his movements. It was all of maybe 15 seconds before my back and arms hurt enough for me to stop caring. He just sits there and sort of rotates in eldritch geometries in jittering twitches. I am sure his fucking back does hurt.

Edit: @Raven'sChild thanks
I mimed every single movement you can see Phil doing in the reflection on his sliding glass door for the first 3 minutes of this unboxing video and it's like some crazy fucking jungle dance. Imagine doing that by youself in your house as you deliver a monolog about your opinion on a headset while you record a box. Then I fell down on the floor laughing :lit:

Draza

Hi Eren.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's pretty standard for him (at least the ending at 4 PM his time). He also doesn't usually turn on the evening stream until about 6:30 his time. So basically he's been exaggerating the whole "busy busy busy" bullshit he says.

Edit: Phil says he "dominated" today. Here's the stats for everyone to judge: https://cod.tracker.gg/bo4/profile/psn/DarksydePhil/career/matches

I see 3 really good matches (K/D > 2), one of which was legit domination (K/D of 5). Also, his all-time K/D is less than 1.
1.28 KD. Haha what a fucking scrub.

Shick

Body by Nabisco
kiwifarms.net
Tevin seems upset too that he had been trying to get partnered and Twitch pretty much ignored him for months. Meanwhile, white girls with their tits out got partnered in a matter of days despite having less views, subs, and time than Tevin.
This is normal. Twitch is very reluctant to partner anyone who doesn't stream from a capture card and/or have a facecam on at all times. They want to promote personalities, and if you don't have what they consider to be a "good setup" that highlights your personality, they'll deny you every time you apply.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1.28 KD. Haha what a fucking scrub.
Uh, excuse you. I believe you mean "Haha what a fucking domination by an alpha male".

Also, I think one of my favorite stats from that tracker is his accuracy. Mr. "I hit him like 5 or 6 times in a row" has an accuracy of 22.60% and a headshot percentage of 4.7%. And that's with aim assist.

LyteSydeByll

kiwifarms.net
Jesus I was believing this whole time it was a 2 hour break between streams. I don't get to restream the day streams so I don't know when they end before I get home from work to restream the night stream. That's incredible. And for him to not find time to shower in 3 hours?? What does he do???‽!

• Agree
Reactions: Agentsmith

Proper Pangolin

kiwifarms.net
Jesus I was believing this whole time it was a 2 hour break between streams. I don't get to restream the day streams so I don't know when they end before I get home from work to restream the night stream. That's incredible. And for him to not find time to shower in 3 hours?? What does he do???‽!
Well let me fill you in my friend. First he walks around the Gout Palace for 20 min for his cardio, then he eats a hungry man because KHAT isn't to fix him tendies, after that he plays squirt hockey and doesn't wash his hands after, then he baby sits his YouTube uploads only because they won't upload on their own and finally he drinks a gin and Sprite while getting ready to beg for more money on his evening pre stream that he doesn't upload to YouTube. Am I forgetting anything?

This comment matters

kiwifarms.net
Well let me fill you in my friend. First he walks around the Gout Palace for 20 min for his cardio, then he eats a hungry man because KHAT isn't to fix him tendies, after that he plays squirt hockey and doesn't wash his hands after, then he baby sits his YouTube uploads only because they won't upload on their own and finally he drinks a gin and Sprite while getting ready to beg for more money on his evening pre stream that he doesn't upload to YouTube. Am I forgetting anything?
He also has to send a couple tweets reminding everyone that he is getting HYPED for a fun CHILL night stream and blahk some Twitter trolls.