DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

What is the "behind the scenes" money stress?

• Bank/Lender won't allow the foreclosure or short sale of the CT condo and may use legal actions

Votes: 74 28.0%
  • Credit card compan(y/ies) won't drop monthly payment amounts

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Phil has realized the federal tax monthly payment is not accounted for because he doesn't budget

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Combination of all 3

Votes: 153 58.0%

• Total voters

Dragoonism

Es gibt keine Fakten, nur Interpretationen.
kiwifarms.net
DSP health tip:
Get in shape by eating healthy and no work out!

DSP question:
Can anyone name another stream that screams or shouts loudly about minor things in FPS games?

His late BO4 stream is just him dying and bitching about how every death is impossible!
Only fun have been when he was scared shitless by a gnome!

Last edited:

Il_Duke

kiwifarms.net
Phil has "900 Viewers" tonight! And if it weren't for the fact that he hasn't gotten any tips outside of a $20 from the guy that gave him $50 earlier, and another $2, and the fact that the same 8 people are talking in his chat, that might be legitimate!

Fake viewers or not, he changed just enough when he thought he had a larger audience to play to. Just a little bit more self-deprecating, just a little bit more willing to have a conversation with chat, just a little less willing to bury his face into his cell phone in the blackout bathroom (that last part might be because his few regulars seem to be more capable of calling him out on it when he's not willing to risk the drama of banning them). Phil, I'm sure you'll whine that your fake viewers didn't fake pay you, but maybe your attitude drives your "interactions" and not the other way around? Try it out!

Dragoonism

kiwifarms.net
If you jump around and moves down a hill in a FPS you lack skill, but if you scan a area and see a sniper you are truly skilled!

Goes on a rant about how jumping around is somehow giving people super aim and how completely unrealistic jumping and shooting is, he thinks you should be unable to move for a while after each jump to regain balance.
"A while" is the time he needs to aim and fire enough bullets to kill the person!

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you jump around and moves down a hill in a FPS you lack skill, but if you scan a area and see a sniper you are truly skilled!

Goes on a rant about how jumping around is somehow giving people super aim and how completely unrealistic jumping and shooting is, he thinks you should be unable to move for a while after each jump to regain balance.
"A while" is the time he needs to aim and fire enough bullets to kill the person!
I like that throwing a well-placed flashbang to disorient your opponent before attacking apparently means you have no skill. Thank goodness we had Phil "Sun Tzu Part 2" Burnell here to set the record straight.

tits-Burnell

kiwifarms.net
DSP health tip:
Get in shape by eating healthy and no work out!
You’re forgetting that Phil grew up in the 90’s, that in addition to grunge and rap (which he is also an expert on and more qualified to speak about than anyone else) was the time when people started getting in shape. The pig knows what he is talking about.

He was like you! He listened to rap and had LAN parties.

Dragoonism

kiwifarms.net
I like that throwing a well-placed flashbang to disorient your opponent before attacking apparently means you have no skill. Thank goodness we had Phil "Sun Tzu Part 2" Burnell here to set the record straight.
Sun Tzu:
Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.

Phil:
I should win!

Sun Tzu:
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.

Phil:
If you dont fight for me i will block you!

Sun Tzu:
Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.

Phil:
I done this for X years, i know it better than anyone else!

OneDaySon

kiwifarms.net
Phil has "900 Viewers" tonight! And if it weren't for the fact that he hasn't gotten any tips outside of a $20 from the guy that gave him $50 earlier, and another $2, and the fact that the same 8 people are talking in his chat, that might be legitimate!

Fake viewers or not, he changed just enough when he thought he had a larger audience to play to. Just a little bit more self-deprecating, just a little bit more willing to have a conversation with chat, just a little less willing to bury his face into his cell phone in the blackout bathroom (that last part might be because his few regulars seem to be more capable of calling him out on it when he's not willing to risk the drama of banning them). Phil, I'm sure you'll whine that your fake viewers didn't fake pay you, but maybe your attitude drives your "interactions" and not the other way around? Try it out!
Yeah he's pretty different when its just the regulars that'll be around which is around 200 - 300 since he knows who's gonna give money that stream and how much he's gonna get. Still, does get annoying when he gets whiny about how it's a "slow" night and he's gotten like $200 in the entire day of streaming which is more than most people working. Dunno if anyone remembers this one but last week DSP whined about another "slow night" because nobody tipped except one person who tipped $600 and apparently its still considered a bad stream because multiple people didn't tip. I mean fuck, I wish I made $600 in a day. He streams like 3 - 4 hours a session So that's $200 an hour. Imagine if you got offered that for work. Would you be complaining? I mean, its his fault that he's racked up so much credit card debt and loan debt because he's a spending addict who got obsessed with trying to maintain a particular life style and is shit at saving up so now the $600 has to go entirely to debts.

Hungrymandinner

kiwifarms.net
The New Zealand mass shooting is precisely the kind of incident that should worry Phil. American lawmakers have demonstrated time and again that gun control is a non-issue (especially now with the conservative majority on the Supreme Court), so imposing additional laws on streaming sites could be what we see instead. Or, more likely, these sites will act on their own volition to address their questionable content. In either case, Phil would be in big trouble.

PomegranateKing

A pomegranate a day keeps the thots away
kiwifarms.net
Okay guys, it's time for another round of "How will DSP react to the discussion?"

With the shooting fresh in everyone's minds, there's likely to be a discussion in his twitch when Phil inevitably becomes boring and quiet. When the spotlight leaves the pig, how will he react this time?

A.) Phil will tell chat that his stream isn't the place for that - They're here to watch him play the game! Never mind the fact that he just spent the last 15 minutes on his cell phone reading a guide.

B.) Phil will use mental acrobatics to equate the shooting to the time he got swatted, and he'll somehow make the incident into a story of how terrible his own life is. 40+ people dead is nothing compared to the suffering of Phil!

C.) Phil will conjure up a random story of pig-related heroism that casts him as a legend, but for some reason he never mentioned.

D.) Phil will use the situation to generate pity bux for himself, using the fact that it was live streamed as some indication that it'll somehow end the era of live streaming as a service. He'll indicate he's worried for the future, and that he hopes he's financially stable when Uncle Sam takes away his webcam.

Pargon

Internet Segregationist
kiwifarms.net
Okay guys, it's time for another round of "How will DSP react to the discussion?"

With the shooting fresh in everyone's minds, there's likely to be a discussion in his twitch when Phil inevitably becomes boring and quiet. When the spotlight leaves the pig, how will he react this time?

A.) Phil will tell chat that his stream isn't the place for that - They're here to watch him play the game! Never mind the fact that he just spent the last 15 minutes on his cell phone reading a guide.

B.) Phil will use mental acrobatics to equate the shooting to the time he got swatted, and he'll somehow make the incident into a story of how terrible his own life is. 40+ people dead is nothing compared to the suffering of Phil!

C.) Phil will conjure up a random story of pig-related heroism that casts him as a legend, but for some reason he never mentioned.

D.) Phil will use the situation to generate pity bux for himself, using the fact that it was live streamed as some indication that it'll somehow end the era of live streaming as a service. He'll indicate he's worried for the future, and that he hopes he's financially stable when Uncle Sam takes away his webcam.
Option A, all the way. He won't risk a ban, unrealistic as the thought might be, for entertaining politically-charged talk in his chat.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
I know this probably isn't new, and it was not a big incident last night, but I think it's sums up DSP's personality very well.

Full disclosure: I've never played Blackout and have really not played too much Call of Duty, so I'm not 100% familiar with the mechanics of the game.

At one point, DSP is on a rooftop about to climb down a ladder. He's holding his machine gun the entire time. So he turns around to climb down, but something happens and instead DSP falls to the ground, while still holding his gun, and takes massive fall damage.

What is key to me in this situation is that DSP immediately starts to refer to his character in a first-person shooter in the third person, with some healthy blame for Trearch of course.

"Well, he didn't go down the ladder; instead he missed it completely and took insane damage. It's right fucking in front of him and he doesn't take it. Oh my God, Trearch are fucking idiots. UGHH!! What a bunch of idiots. He's [the ladder] right in front of me, the ladder is right there and he doesn't grab it; it's slippery. Someone put grease on the ladder."

DSP can't even admit that he missed the button and that's why he fell. DSP had to have missed an input somewhere because he was holding his gun the entire fall. Instead, DSP starts blaming his character for not grabbing the ladder and then blaming Trearch because I guess they were supposed to program it in such a way that it would grab the ladder automatically if he didn't even press the button and started falling.

DSP really does believe that nothing is ever his fault.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino