DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

What is the "behind the scenes" money stress?

• Bank/Lender won't allow the foreclosure or short sale of the CT condo and may use legal actions

Votes: 75 27.7%
  • Credit card compan(y/ies) won't drop monthly payment amounts

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • Phil has realized the federal tax monthly payment is not accounted for because he doesn't budget

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Combination of all 3

Votes: 158 58.3%

• Total voters

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So was May 14-16 2018 the "entire week" that he planned to spend with Kat that was ruined and caused the shill tweets? I wouldn't really consider 3 days an entire week but fair enough. I would assume one day was spent buying groceries and one was spent at the Space Needle. How many more activities was Phil planning to do on the other day?
Courtesy of mrhuth on Twitter (here: https://twitter.com/mrhuth2/status/1128671989613453312), you are correct. 1 year ago was the shill tweet, which Phil has claimed occurred because he was just so goshdarn mad that Kat was sick when they were supposed to be going on a staycation.

LostMy1stAccount

kiwifarms.net
Almost a year EXACTLY to the date that he's taking time off.
Might as well take Thursday off too. Get a three day staycation going.
Even if he comes back Thursday, you can guarantee he is still taking Friday off because that was "scheduled."
Wasn't Leanna's Hospital emergency around the same week? Maybe he celebrates their break-up every year?

PreferredPenne

Easy to eat
kiwifarms.net
I gotta say, I appreciate a number of things related to this discussion. 1) You and @marlintan are keeping it pretty civil. 2) You're arguing about the extent to which a 37 year old manchild is lying about his finances while begging for more money from teenagers and early 20s fans while also citing the fucking Drake equation.

Love that shit.

"a lick of" is an actual phrase used, often in the form of "I/he/they didn't get a lick of X". It's another way of saying "I didn't get any X".
But nobody says "a lick of sleep". It's "a wink of sleep".

ReentryPhantom

Need that money to pay my bills...
kiwifarms.net

Synth

whatever
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if this is the span of time Kat and Dave started talking over twitter 2 years ago?
Possible. If he does take more time off, it coincidentally lines up as a "2 Year Anniversary/Late Honeymoon" type deal. If he does end up taking the time off, though, and this is the reason why (even if he never admits it), he's going to have a hard time justifying it to people considering how hardcore the begging has been the last few days. The regular whales and troll tippers won't give a shit, but I could see it putting off some of the few, smaller contributors who still buy his scheme.

It'd be funny to see him disappear until Monday and be 40-50 subs from what seemed an all but guaranteed Begtrospective event when he was just two away.

Kheapathic

kiwifarms.net
DSP's little rants about influencers would hold more weight if we all didn't know he was desperate to get some of that preferential treatment and that the only reason he even complains is because it costs him those sweet day 1 views. He's so transparent.
The flip side to that is he tries to market himself as the guy who can't be bought, the guy who doesn't take freebies from companies and such. He wants to have the "everyday guy" persona for his audience; where he knows a game is bad because he felt the sting in his wallet, so he knows the game is bad. But it's a good analogy for his entire youtube career. He sees things coming or in action; and says he doesn't like it or it's not what his audience wants (because he totally listens to them). So he'll refuse to adapt and work towards improving his business, then bitch about everyone else getting ahead using the very shit he sees yet doesn't like. This is also why he never got ahead in fighting games; he doesn't keep up with the meta, and even if he knows the meta, he won't play it. That's why he always bitches about "reactionary gameplay" and shit in fighting games. Yeah Phil, reactions are part of it; setups, 50/50's, and plenty of other shit is the rest of it. Your reactions (which are dulled compared to your heyday) are not going to stop everything.

He only cares about influencers, because they hop on trends that actually help raise their brand. Phil wants it to be like it was back in 2008, where he can just talk bullshit and pull in loads of dollars.

Stalker Sociopath

kiwifarms.net
The flip side to that is he tries to market himself as the guy who can't be bought, the guy who doesn't take freebies from companies and such. He wants to have the "everyday guy" persona for his audience; where he knows a game is bad because he felt the sting in his wallet, so he knows the game is bad. But it's a good analogy for his entire youtube career. He sees things coming or in action; and says he doesn't like it or it's not what his audience wants (because he totally listens to them). So he'll refuse to adapt and word towards improving his business, then bitch about everyone else getting ahead.

He only cares about influencers, because they hop on trends that actually help raise their brand. Phil wants it to be like it was back in 2008, where he can just talk bullshit and pull in loads of dollars.
Um, didn't he get a chair from a Chinese sweatshop or something like that?

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
Um, didn't he get a chair from a Chinese sweatshop or something like that?
He lied and bought a chair and said he got it for free from some bullshit brand new company who closed days later. He had an “affiliate” link since he bought a chair that others could use so he wold get like 5% commision. Standard practices for a lot of companies.

• Agree
Reactions: Ratko_Falco

This comment matters

kiwifarms.net
Because when I'm experiencing a sore throat and diarrhea, my first instinct is to update everyone at 5 in the morning.

I'm surprised none of the faithful fans have suggested he take a night time medicine along with other remedies. Maybe they're just as insulted that their intelligence is being taken for granted by a 37 year old man child that can't simulate a fake sick day properly.
If they try to give him some sound medical advice, he yells at them (on Twitter) to Stahp being a backseat doctor! You have no idea what is wrong with me dood! I can't go to the hospital or get medication because I have no money moron!
At least that's what happened last time he was "sick" aka at the space needul dood

• DRINK!
Reactions: Phil Factor

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
The weird thing is that if DSP did just do a stream, kept it muted, and put something like "throat hurts" in the title/HUD, he's probably get a lot of sympathy bucks for 'pushing through it'. There has to be a bunch of games that you can play while muted. Tetris for example.

The other weird thing is that if he wasn't so stringent on having a schedule that nobody else besides him gives a fuck about, he could just take days off and not have to feel like he has to justify it to everyone.

RawEggs

kiwifarms.net
The weird thing is that if DSP did just do a stream, kept it muted, and put something like "throat hurts" in the title/HUD, he's probably get a lot of sympathy bucks for 'pushing through it'. There has to be a bunch of games that you can play while muted. Tetris for example.

The other weird thing is that if he wasn't so stringent on having a schedule that nobody else besides him gives a fuck about, he could just take days off and not have to feel like he has to justify it to everyone.
He would hype it up for days before hand. Guys Im sick but gonna stream anyway. At least then it would actually be 'chill' lol

Ikas_Ando

#CultofArdnas
kiwifarms.net
We can all agree on one thing...

It’s that poor Phillip is going to lose hundreds if not thousands in revenue now that he is forced to take a hiatus from streaming to staycation and recuperate.

That means a massive ‘pledge drive’ for PBS (Phillip Burnell Scamathon) once he returns.

As KW OPSEC Commander, I’m sending out PM’s to select operatives in the Renton area, If we assemble a couple teams for a legit Gayop, we can track Phillip and Kat as they staycation around Seattle having a lick of fun....or some shit.

RawEggs

kiwifarms.net
We can all agree on one thing...

It’s that poor Phillip is going to lose hundreds if not thousands in revenue now that he is forced to take a hiatus from streaming to staycation and recuperate.

That means a massive ‘pledge drive’ for PBS (Phillip Burnell Scamathon) once he returns.

As KW OPSEC Commander, I’m sending out PM’s to select operatives in the Renton area, If we assemble a couple teams for a legit Gayop, we can track Phillip and Kat as they staycation around Seattle having a lick of fun....or some shit.
I just hope Badbunny watches enough of it to know what a fool she was assuming things.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino