DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• April

Votes: 32 7.3%
  • May

Votes: 141 32.1%
  • June

Votes: 139 31.7%
  • July

Votes: 101 23.0%
  • How many begathons will be held (choose 1)?

Votes: 74 16.9%

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • 1-2

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 92 21.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 135 30.8%

• Total voters

Dragoonism

Es gibt keine Fakten, nur Interpretationen.
kiwifarms.net
Can someone check his viewers rating or statistic?
Because he is suddently back att 600+ again, 500 viewers out of no where and suddently!

• Informative
Reactions: Haunter

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
So we got viewbots, a week of high contributions from semi-randos, and a bunch of gifted subs, all at the same time?

I wonder which wronged, never gonna bother with Phil again, reformed paypig-turned-detractor made some new accounts to get more attention.

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So we got viewbots, a week of high contributions from semi-randos, and a bunch of gifted subs, all at the same time?

I wonder which wronged, never gonna bother with Phil again, reformed paypig-turned-detractor made some new accounts to get more attention.
Impossible to say. Phil's fanbase has more battered wife syndrome than the entire Middle East.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Contributions haven't been all that high, tbh. Today was a single true blue fan whaling out to the tune of ~$200 between his tip and gifted subs. He got a $50 tip from someone who saw his Sekiro stream and apparently thought Phil was entertaining. Also $100 from "loganpaulthewolverine" who is either a troll that will try and charge back or (more likely) a regular like anonymouse who thinks it's hilarious to reference logan paul. This month may not even get to the average Twitch total, but we'll see.

LostMy1stAccount

kiwifarms.net
Phil got his ass backed down by Viscant irl. Let that sink in. Viscant.
You seem to forget that Viscant is
  1. a well liked member of the FGC.
  2. way more intelligent than Dave.
  3. way better at fighting games.
  4. did martial arts at the time (don't remember if boxing or MMA).
So in any kind of situation, Viscant would've fucked him up, be it fighting games, a debate or a fight.

Slander Man

kiwifarms.net
Phil has finally ran out of lies for his reeeemergencies. Now it's just "behind the scenes" problem that will mysteriously go away and never be revealed.

If there really is a behind the scenes issue then it is probably something that makes him look bad and he can't twist it to where it's not his fault dood. He's usually pretty good about revealing his money issues for extra pity bucks.

Just_living

kiwifarms.net
Phil has finally ran out of lies for his reeeemergencies. Now it's just "behind the scenes" problem that will mysteriously go away and never be revealed.

If there really is a behind the scenes issue then it is probably something that makes him look bad and he can't twist it to where it's not his fault dood. He's usually pretty good about revealing his money issues for extra pity bucks.
DSP doesn't want to mention that he has a tax bill due in June. He said in his wedding stream that he doesn't want to talk about his taxes anymore. We know that isn't true but he has stopped talking about the fact that he has to pay taxes and asking his audience to cover for it. Safe to say that DSP will not hold true to his word and he will most likely start talking about taxes in September.

Fuckoffdad

has never played final fantasy
kiwifarms.net
Phil's interaction with Viscant was par for the course during his time in the FGC. He commonly shit-talked rivals, and paid for it publicly: His public apology to Alex Valle for insulting him (from @RIP_SANITY's post here), his famous confrontation with Jaha, and his humiliating money match against Mix Up (from @Synth's post here). He continues to do this (Pew Die Pie, Ninja, etc.), but he avoids repercussions by keeping hidden within his meager circle of power.
Somehow I never noticed before that DSP had over half a million posts on SRK. Even then he had multiple accounts so the number is even higher. Literally spent all his formative years and adult life hiding behind a screen/camera talking shit.. love it. :story:

Qi Meng Dealer

kiwifarms.net
Ah thanks for digging that up. I had never seen or heard of him but I don't watch his streams too often. It's just so hard to believe that he has die hard fans.
One of the things I learned from watching cows over the years is that as long as you're persistent in putting yourself out there and willing to sacrifice dignity, you'll eventually find your market. DSP has fans, Jake Alley has a Patreon north of $500, Sockness will pay whatever amount Chris wants for his used stuff, and so on.

leChinkyRaccoon

S’accommodi
kiwifarms.net
So in any kind of situation, Viscant would've fucked him up, be it fighting games, a debate or a fight.
Yes, IIRC I heard Viscant say he did Muay Thai up to his early teens, he does not seem like a guy to back down.

Somehow I never noticed before that DSP had over half a million posts on SRK. Even then he had multiple accounts so the number is even higher. Literally spent all his formative years and adult life hiding behind a screen/camera talking shit.. love it. :story:
500k posts on SRK?! I remember people thinking this guy with 10k posts on a forum I went to back in the early aughts was a no-lifer.

WeeblesWobble

kiwifarms.net
But Phil would have backed down no matter who it was. He backed down from an 11 year old girl in VR chat lol. Literally anybody speaking to him face to face or the ability to would have him spooked.

marlintan

kiwifarms.net
Almost no doubt about it that regular use alt-accounts to donate. Thatanonymouse/bear/dog/animal specifically said they tipped an amount last summer for Phil to buy one of the wrestling games and gave the correct pseudonym and tipped amount. Anytime you see a series of related names (e.g. anything with "farts" in it) you can probably bet that it's one of the regulars in chat (or someone who doesn't talk in chat but tips regularly). And Phil will know who it is since the email address will be the same.

@SoapQueen1 @marlintan WEE WOO WEE WOO, your services are requested.

Donations are tax deductible: https://www.amazinggoodwill.com/donating/IRS-guidelines

Tips are not, as they are given for a service. On the streamer's side, I don't think it makes a difference, unless the streamer tried to act like a non-profit or something. That said, Phil also tries to say that giving him a game is a charitable gift, which is completely wrong and tax fraud on his part if he tries to actually claim that.
I think that Dave is saying donations to a 501(c)3 are deductible, and he has never claimed to be a charity (up for debate I guess).

I think the confusion comes because he asks for people to "donate" games, which would be considered a gift, and unlikely to be the subject of an audit, as it is typically going to be hard to track.

He claims that he reports all PayPal donations/tips as income on his taxes, so I think this is just DSP conflating his language, and a non-issue at the end of the day.

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
I will say that his viewer count does seem to have this odd blip to it. It happens fairly regular too.

[2019-05-19 21:27:49] Viewerstats (20:59-21:27): avg:234 min:141 max:345 [15/141+9+9+6+16+8+26+17+35-7+18+20+15+9+23]
[2019-05-19 21:27:49] VIEWERS: 345

then, 30 minutes later:
[2019-05-19 21:57:50] Viewerstats (21:29-21:57): avg:536 min:390 max:620 [15/390+6+27+63+20+18+34+10-6+32-5+23+8-17+8]
[2019-05-19 21:57:50] VIEWERS: 611

Normally, his viewercount follows a bell curve:

But for whatever reason, oftentimes there will be an odd secondary series of spikes. I don't have an example, since I discard those because it's improbable to go from 200 viewers to 1400 in 5 minutes and if that did happen, then it would still be part of the bell curve.