DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

What is the "behind the scenes" money stress?

• Bank/Lender won't allow the foreclosure or short sale of the CT condo and may use legal actions

Votes: 72 29.3%
  • Credit card compan(y/ies) won't drop monthly payment amounts

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Phil has realized the federal tax monthly payment is not accounted for because he doesn't budget

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • Combination of all 3

Votes: 138 56.1%

• Total voters

N0thingICanDo

I'm Pressing Buttons (show controller)
kiwifarms.net
We maybe looking at him taking a 3 straight day vocation guys

Of course he will not give up the Friday Off day even though he may take 2 straight days off, even though his bank account is overdrawn and he needs to stream to make money,

Because the bottom line is he needs to SPEND MORE MONEY on his and the horse' haircut and he cant lose that appointment to get the buzzcut done to hide his bald spot

#Debunked

2019-05-15.png

Comma

kiwifarms.net
Damn, the sub-drop is real: down to 470 at the moment. [https://decapi.me/twitch/subcount?channel=darksydephil]

And those include 35 gifted subs he received the past two weeks already. Which imho is a prettty insane amount, looking at the more-boring-than-usual content he has been putting out the past two to three weeks:

- savescumming his way through Donkey Kong 3
- playing MLB on beginner's difficulty
- MK11: either toxic multiplayer or boring play-against-the-AI streams or dumb lobbies
- Phoenix Wright that not many people care about and with horrific voice acting
- the low-effort BLOPS 4 Blackgout and Minecraft streams
- the meh Days Gone streams, a game he wanted to avoid, killing any hype surrounding it
Not his fault, though: his streams are uninteresting (for the unironical viewer anyway) because of factors outside of his control. Nothing he could do. :stress:

If he's not going to stream today because of the sudden Ebola outbreak at his house AND take the planned day off tomorrow, who knows what he'll end up with in a couple of days?
Either way, Infinite_55 really needs to step up to not let his master down and keep those gifted subs rolling in, but we all know he will. It's actually pretty amazing this dude still hasn't realized he's trying to empty the ocean with a thimble. I really wonder when he'll finally see the light.

RawEggs

kiwifarms.net
Damn, the sub-drop is real: down to 470 at the moment. [https://decapi.me/twitch/subcount?channel=darksydephil]

And those include 35 gifted subs he received the past two weeks already. Which imho is a prettty insane amount, looking at the more-boring-than-usual content he has been putting out the past two to three weeks:

- savescumming his way through Donkey Kong 3
- playing MLB on beginner's difficulty
- MK11: either toxic multiplayer or boring play-against-the-AI streams or dumb lobbies
- Phoenix Wright that not many people care about and with horrific voice acting
- the low-effort BLOPS 4 Blackgout and Minecraft streams
- the meh Days Gone streams, a game he wanted to avoid, killing any hype surrounding it
Not his fault, though: his streams are uninteresting (for the unironical viewer anyway) because of factors outside of his control. Nothing he could do. :stress:

If he's not going to stream today because of the sudden Ebola outbreak at his house AND take the planned day off tomorrow, who knows what he'll end up with in a couple of days?
Either way, Infinite_55 really needs to step up to not let his master down and keep those gifted subs rolling in, but we all know he will. It's actually pretty amazing this dude still hasn't realized he's trying to empty the ocean with a thimble. I really wonder when he'll finally see the light.
Phils on his way out. Hopfully within next two years. we can dream

Last edited:

Radical Goodspeed

kiwifarms.net
I'm not among the moneybugs who track it, but hasn't the last few weeks constituted a dip in his average earnings? He shored it up with Ma Burnell's bailout and Twitch paying out two checks in close succession... but after that, doesn't he have to reap all this current absenteeism? Because it doesn't seem like post-matrimony Dave is keeping the last plate spinning very well.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not among the moneybugs who track it, but hasn't the last few weeks constituted a dip in his average earnings? He shored it up with Ma Burnell's bailout and Twitch paying out two checks in close succession... but after that, doesn't he have to reap all this current absenteeism? Because it doesn't seem like post-matrimony Dave is keeping the last plate spinning very well.
In short, you're correct (at least for now).

Synth

whatever
kiwifarms.net
In short, you're correct (at least for now).
This little exchange makes me curious about what he considers to be acceptable. There was a small conversation somewhere on these boards like a week ago or so about what DSP's "break even" point for a day is, what he would need to make "per hour" in order to sustain his lifestyle, with this number taking in to account his subscriptions, patreon, hypothetical YT revenue, etc.

It's interesting for me to think about where he draws the line for what he considers slow. It seems like as long as he gets $60 or more on a stream, he's okay with it? Now inside he's probably raging and wants those $100 day streams constantly, but I think he's realized he can't keep bitching out his chat about not giving him money because it's a bad look. For night streams, it seems he's fine with $25-30 and upwards. Also, I am talking about bits as well, because I'm not one of those weirdos who pretend his bits money doesn't exist because he doesn't get it right away.

I know people have made attempts to figure out what his expenses are (though we have no clue about his debt or if he has/hasn't decided to stop paying the CT khando yet along with other shit), and it would be an astoundingly hyperbolic exercise in which to engage, but I feel like he has an internal calculator and a "maintainable" number he wants to hit where he covers all his expenses and puts maybe $20/day away.

Last edited:

NoMoreFarLeft

kiwifarms.net
Phil had a couple $100+ days with the ProJared stuff and the first day of Rage was another $100+ overall. I think he's doing around what he usually does. (actually knows better than I do, nm)

Of course, he'll beg and whine about missing these 3 days this week, because that rotten evil detractor Kat, HIS WIFE, made him sick.
Those days were good for him but the days surrounding them were subpar. I believe it balances but overall he is trending downwards. He doesn't have a lot of big new games and his main whales are dropping less coin. Phil taking these few days off because he is feeling financially flush in the moment shows how short sighted he is.

Asperchewy

Make Microsoft Paint Great Again
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone got that link to Tevins unpublished restreams? I'm looking for the recent one where DSP calls out tevin and want to hear tevins response to it.

Synth

whatever
kiwifarms.net
I don't get this. Pretending bits don't count is fun if you're trying to make fun of Phil, but it really pushes his narrative of him not making a lot of money and needing more. Detractors like giving him money I guess.
Yeah, I meant to say bits and not tips in that paragraph, but you sussed it out. And I don't know why people do it, but it's really absurd. It even got to a point where, during his pre-tax begging sessions people were trying to justify it because any bits he got wouldn't help him, even though every bit he received during April would be beneficial because you can go something like 45 days after your taxes are owed to pony up the money without penalty. I tried to bring that up in his stream a few times, but it went ignored or I got an "Uh, wrong!" the same way when I tried to explain that donations/gifts/whatever don't count as "gifts" anymore if they allow you to generate revenue for your business (this applying to his whole gift card/donated game thing -- that's taxable income because you're using it to generate income for the business).

But, yeah, I dunno why people pretend his bits money doesn't exist. I think part of it might be people low-balling him on purpose to feel better about whatever since it makes him look like he's doing worse. Similar weird shit happened when I popped into the ProJared/James Charles sub drop streams where, when a number would roll over in like the thousands or ten thousands place, people would ignore every number after it: going from 891,000 to 890,999, people would exclaim ProJared was at 890k, and it's like, nah, bro, there's still 999 subs left to go before he gets to 890k, you don't just get to ignore the numbers that come after your preferred place.

Peepul r dum

Reactions: Sparkletor

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
This little exchange makes me curious about what he considers to be acceptable. There was a small conversation somewhere on these boards like a week ago or so about what DSP's "break even" point for a day is, what he would need to make "per hour" in order to sustain his lifestyle, with this number taking in to account his subscriptions, patreon, hypothetical YT revenue, etc.

It's interesting for me to think about where he draws the line for what he considers slow. It seems like as long as he gets $60 or more on a stream, he's okay with it? Now inside he's probably raging and wants those $100 day streams constantly, but I think he's realized he can't keep bitching out his chat about not giving him money because it's a bad look. For night streams, it seems he's fine with $25-30 and upwards. Also, I am talking about bits as well, because I'm not one of those weirdos who pretend his bits money doesn't exist because he doesn't get it right away.

I know people have made attempts to figure out what his expenses are (though we have no clue about his debt or if he has/hasn't decided to stop paying the CT khando yet along with other shit), and it would be an astoundingly hyperbolic exercise in which to engage, but I feel like he has an internal calculator and a "maintainable" number he wants to hit where he covers all his expenses and puts maybe $20/day away.
From observation, I believe he absolutely would consider a stream "slow" if he doesn't meet a certain monetary threshold for his time streaming. I'm going to go based off time he hits the start stream button, and end stream button. So I'm not going to count anything between the end of his first stream and the start of his later stream. Because fuck him saying he works 10-12 hour "shifts".

But now to think about it, I could totally see him actually being entitled to an hourly wage with 10-12 hours. Say he is expecting something like minimum wage in Washington, which is like what, 15 dollars an hour? So if he is not at least making 120 buckeroos a day during his stream time, he would feel pretty devastated. A bit of a blow to his ego there because he's not even making more than minimum wage.

Anyway enough talking out of my ass. Point being, what he considers slow just might be another way to prod people to cough up money, and a bit of a blow to his ego also because he's barely making more than minimum wage.

Reactions: Stalker Sociopath

Molester Stallone

Trust me, I'm a doctor.
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why this idiot doesn't just declare bankruptcy already. His credit is going to be shit if he stops paying for the CT khando anyway. He might as well wipe out all his credit card debt and move forward. He could keep the WA property and his car and basically start over. To keep fighting this shit is probably only delaying the inevitable.

Stalker Sociopath

kiwifarms.net
I don't know why this idiot doesn't just declare bankruptcy already. His credit is going to be shit if he stops paying for the CT khando anyway. He might as well wipe out all his credit card debt and move forward. He could keep the WA property and his car and basically start over. To keep fighting this shit is probably only delaying the inevitable.
He would take declaring bankruptcy as a personal failure, same reason he doesn't sell the Khando. Doesn't want to give trolls the satisfaction

• Agree
Reactions: Ratko_Falco

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I meant to say bits and not tips in that paragraph, but you sussed it out. And I don't know why people do it, but it's really absurd. It even got to a point where, during his pre-tax begging sessions people were trying to justify it because any bits he got wouldn't help him, even though every bit he received during April would be beneficial because you can go something like 45 days after your taxes are owed to pony up the money without penalty. I tried to bring that up in his stream a few times, but it went ignored or I got an "Uh, wrong!" the same way when I tried to explain that donations/gifts/whatever don't count as "gifts" anymore if they allow you to generate revenue for your business (this applying to his whole gift card/donated game thing -- that's taxable income because you're using it to generate income for the business).

But, yeah, I dunno why people pretend his bits money doesn't exist. I think part of it might be people low-balling him on purpose to feel better about whatever since it makes him look like he's doing worse. Similar weird shit happened when I popped into the ProJared/James Charles sub drop streams where, when a number would roll over in like the thousands or ten thousands place, people would ignore every number after it: going from 891,000 to 890,999, people would exclaim ProJared was at 890k, and it's like, nah, bro, there's still 999 subs left to go before he gets to 890k, you don't just get to ignore the numbers that come after your preferred place.

Peepul r dum
I don't condone giving Phil any sort of financial support. To play devil's advocate I suppose that since people can farm bits from watching ads, so they aren't giving Phil their real money out of pocket.

"Giving Phil free bits doesn't cost me real money, so it's okay".

But you get bits from either buying them from Twitch or watching ads on Twitch. Both these things make Twitch money. The more bits Phil gets, the better he looks in their eyes because every bit is money in Twitch's pocket too.

So if a funny troll wants to say they aren't helping Phil by giving them free bits, they are wrong.

Molester Stallone

Trust me, I'm a doctor.
kiwifarms.net
He would take declaring bankruptcy as a personal failure, same reason he doesn't sell the Khando. Doesn't want to give trolls the satisfaction
He gives the trolls exactly what they want when he acts like a sped. You would think he would find it less demeaning to just declare bankruptcy rather than beg for money constantly. How many other streamers do that? The pigroach really has no shame.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino