DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

Why will Kat not be on the Halloween begathon (according to Phil)?

• At work

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • At an actual social event (work-related or otherwise)

Votes: 22 13.0%
  • Scared to get dunked on again by that ni---..Tevin

Votes: 54 32.0%
  • Not actually living in the WAKhando anymore

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • It's none of your business (repeat ad nauseum while snake laughing)

Votes: 75 44.4%

• Total voters

gin_nose

kiwifarms.net
Dark finally manually banned androidX today after this cheer (dark was the only one active, no mods at the time from what i can tell):

" phil why do you never smile with your teeth showing? every single pic including your wedding pics have you mouth closed, are your teeth ok?"

after all the annoying shit he has cheered to him for ages, i wonder why this set him over the edge, maybe we have a new thing that dark is VERY self conscious about?

That Hedonist Nerd

dreN tsinodeH ehT
kiwifarms.net
Apologies for the double-post, but Phil's "retrospective" nonsense led to some whales showing up and giving him at least $354 in tips. That said, that includes $50 from sambuca (recent whale), $51 from nihilistic_goldfish (really recent whale), $52 from fallen1570 (long-time once-a-month whale), and $60 from flybeast (long-time once-a-month whale). So 60% of the tips came from just those 4.

Phil will ride high and go hog-wild on the taco bell tonight, but it'll all come back down. When you take into account the day off he'll take (presumably on Thursday), the money he got today basically covers that day and nothing else.
Do you plot this anywhere online? It'd be cool to see trendlines and such over at a service like Plot.ly, Power BI, or hell even a Pivot Table on Google Drive. Not to mention we could create daily money sheets where we can all contribute our data to it and make it more accurate. Think the first 2 even do dedupping and such.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do you plot this anywhere online? It'd be cool to see trendlines and such over at a service like Plot.ly, Power BI, or hell even a Pivot Table on Google Drive. Not to mention we could create daily money sheets where we can all contribute our data to it and make it more accurate. Think the first 2 even do dedupping and such.
I don't, both to separate my personal life and also to try and avoid a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation. Here's a summary plot of this month's data, however:
Capture.PNG

One thing that I have considered is asking others to help out with the tip counting. That can get quite tedious, though it doesn't typically take all that long. Otherwise, I think it would be neat to have, say, an online continuously updating plot or something like that, but I would need to learn a good bit more programming to tackle that, and with an actual full time job, I don't know that I have the time to invest in such a project.

Note as well the sheer number of tips that are less than $5--there are an absurd number of trolltips that help make those up.
The restreamer effect. Way too many cucks reward DSP with money while they think they're sticking it to him somehow.
mtcdood tipped [1] times: $1.00 (Avg: $1.00)
I remember they were banned a while back, after rewarding DSP with a lot of bit money. If thats the same person, how dumb do you have to be to keep giving him money after getting banned. You're on the same wavelength as Thirdeye and CodeCastiel. congrats. Absolute brainlet.

Speaking of which, Android X got banned tonight after rewarding Dsp with over 50 dollars in bits. Who else saw that coming? Apparently he didn't.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember they were banned a while back, after rewarding DSP with a lot of bit money. If thats the same person, how dumb do you have to be to keep giving him money after getting banned. You're on the same wavelength as Thirdeye and CodeCastiel. congrats. Absolute brainlet.
Probably a fake name, tbh. Now thirdeyethethird I'm inclined to believe is real, especially since Phil can see the email it came from, so he would probably remember it.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who would even think to fake that ? They're not exactly a household name in the detractor circles. I suspect its very real.
Certainly possible, but I've even seen GTG referenced, and to my knowledge, they're not one of the "big" detractors either. Could be real, but my gut says probably not.

thedingledongle

kiwifarms.net
Are you "Austmink", by any chance? If so, you've got your own thread right here: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/austmink-austin-james-mink.45199/. If not, it's up to you to say who you are or not, but do take note of the fact that the people here can and will be quite welcoming when met with truthful information and honesty. Though, since you're dropping hints about who you might be, it seems like you don't have a problem with revealing yourself. But yeah, do as you see fit.

Whoever you may be, care to elaborate on this? I guess the standard former-whale/fan questions are in place:

1. What did you know about DSP (lore) before/when you started supporting him (financially)?
  2. What is the exact reason you started and continued supporting DSP financially?
  3. What are your thoughts on DSP's "detractors" in general and DSP's portrayal of them?
  4. What do you mean by "the past few months have been quite enlightening"? Did your opinion on certain matters change and, if so, what caused that?
  5. (If this hasn't been answered by the previous question: What made you stop supporting DSP financially?)
  6. Where do you see the DSP story go from the current point in time and forward?
  7. Do you know of any interesting details/stories about people you hung out with or talked to during your DSP campaign and, if so, would you be willing to share (some of) those?
  8. What has the whole DSP experience brought and/or taught you in the end?
Sorry about never responding @Comma...I must have scrolled past this and just saw it when I was reviewing shit earlier today. I'll do my best!

1. Lorewise? I knew a lot. I've followed along (mostly for laughs) since he began playing Street Fighter 4. The constant excuses and outbursts kept me coming back for some reason. I was around when the first TIHYDPs came out, and I enjoyed them as well.
  2. This is tough to say. I'm in a similar age bracket as him, so maybe I felt a little connected...our tastes in games overlapped as well, and at times I just felt a little bad for him, aka believing the initial lies about taxes. Way back when, when I started following his channel, this wasn't an issue obviously, I just watched youtube and laughed for free.
  3. While there are some generally out of control "detractors," they're obviously not nearly the threat he makes them out to be. Tevin is harmless, the various compilers (Snort, Ludwig, Mighty D, Soma, etc) are making content for fun. Obviously, the SOK was a gravitational pull for autism. The fact of the matter is that 90% (perhaps lowballing) simply enjoy calling out his lies and outrageous statements, and that's it. There's no malicious intent.
  4. The initial reset on the tax saga, which is literally a reproduction of the year before, made me sour. The CT trip and associated lies were icing on the cake. Suspicions arose around the time of the new headset / tv / etc.
  5. Just done man. I still don't mind using a prime sub to follow along with the car crash...but I used to cheer quite a bit, and I even did patreon for 2 months at 100 bucks for the one on one videos.
  6. This is really impossible for us to hypothesize isn't it? Every one of us has moments of epiphany where we are like, "This is it, he can't recover." Yet he has. It's actually impressive to a certain degree, though I do hate the constant claims of "I'm still here!!!" He's not still here. ProJared, for instance, for all his recently seen faults, is infinitely more successful, and that is set in stone. Ninja, Pewdiepie? While different folks enjoy different content, these people are in the zeitgeist and will be known by the common folk. DSP is known as a shitshow.
  7. I typically don't share my powerlevel with my friends. Regarding the online community, most of the mods were always kind to me. I purposely tried to limit interactions with swaggins during his peak, but it seems that he may be fine now. Had a few various whispers after tips/cheers asking why I supported but I was never harassed. The doxxing thing that occurred on here DID scare the shit out of me when I read about it, as I have lurked for quite some time.
  8. While entertaining to throw peanuts at an elephant, it's not always worthwhile in the end. I'm sure I could have found better use for my money...if I had to guess, I threw between 1100-1500 dollars his way.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
"I dont laugh like ACK ACK ACK, I laugh like ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK (in stereo)"

Everytime the laugh is brought up I always think of Eric the Midget from the Stern show. If you made a venn diagram of Eric and Phil you would see a lot of overlap but Eric was actually entertaining and had a likeability Phil never will.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
Sorry about never responding @Comma...I must have scrolled past this and just saw it when I was reviewing shit earlier today. I'll do my best!

1. Lorewise? I knew a lot. I've followed along (mostly for laughs) since he began playing Street Fighter 4. The constant excuses and outbursts kept me coming back for some reason. I was around when the first TIHYDPs came out, and I enjoyed them as well.
  2. This is tough to say. I'm in a similar age bracket as him, so maybe I felt a little connected...our tastes in games overlapped as well, and at times I just felt a little bad for him, aka believing the initial lies about taxes. Way back when, when I started following his channel, this wasn't an issue obviously, I just watched youtube and laughed for free.
  3. While there are some generally out of control "detractors," they're obviously not nearly the threat he makes them out to be. Tevin is harmless, the various compilers (Snort, Ludwig, Mighty D, Soma, etc) are making content for fun. Obviously, the SOK was a gravitational pull for autism. The fact of the matter is that 90% (perhaps lowballing) simply enjoy calling out his lies and outrageous statements, and that's it. There's no malicious intent.
  4. The initial reset on the tax saga, which is literally a reproduction of the year before, made me sour. The CT trip and associated lies were icing on the cake. Suspicions arose around the time of the new headset / tv / etc.
  5. Just done man. I still don't mind using a prime sub to follow along with the car crash...but I used to cheer quite a bit, and I even did patreon for 2 months at 100 bucks for the one on one videos.
  6. This is really impossible for us to hypothesize isn't it? Every one of us has moments of epiphany where we are like, "This is it, he can't recover." Yet he has. It's actually impressive to a certain degree, though I do hate the constant claims of "I'm still here!!!" He's not still here. ProJared, for instance, for all his recently seen faults, is infinitely more successful, and that is set in stone. Ninja, Pewdiepie? While different folks enjoy different content, these people are in the zeitgeist and will be known by the common folk. DSP is known as a shitshow.
  7. I typically don't share my powerlevel with my friends. Regarding the online community, most of the mods were always kind to me. I purposely tried to limit interactions with swaggins during his peak, but it seems that he may be fine now. Had a few various whispers after tips/cheers asking why I supported but I was never harassed. The doxxing thing that occurred on here DID scare the shit out of me when I read about it, as I have lurked for quite some time.
  8. While entertaining to throw peanuts at an elephant, it's not always worthwhile in the end. I'm sure I could have found better use for my money...if I had to guess, I threw between 1100-1500 dollars his way.
Thanks for your insights and answers, they're quite interesting to read. :) No worries about responding "late", by the way - there was no deadline or anything.

But yeah... It seems like you went through most of the fan-to-detractor transformation fases, though it also seems like you started with at least some kind of ironic view of him, as opposed to being a blind follower/yes-man.
I can totally understand people feeling bad for DSP when watching him for a relatively short period, but in the end, it mostly is the unrelenting repetition and rumination of... well, basically everything surrounding him that causes the majority of fans/supporters to snap out of it and wake up to reality. Only the really special/exceptional ones tend to stick around and form some kind of inner core, while the rest of them are replaced after a certain amount of time as if they are the outer layer of an onion being peeled off, revealing a new layer underneath.

It's also interesting to see where you stand on his tax situation, which you deem to be lies (at least partially), and his general financial situation, with him receiving a TV/PS4 Pro etc. Not that it's especially interesting what I think of the matter, but I'm more on the "yes, he actually is in deep financial shit" side of things. I have posted this a couple of times before, so people who have been reading this thread for some time might have seen my posts about it already, but I mean: he didn't pay taxes (correctly) for years - and still doesn't, btw, since he won't set aside money for it and sees it as some kind of fine he has to pay at the end of a certain period -, has taken on an extreme amount of debt, has to pay for two mortgages every month and so on and so forth. That's how I look at it. Much more boring than him running a huge scam for years and secretly being loaded with cash, but hey, there ya go. (sound good? *SNORT*)

And as @Slander Man mentioned, you do sound like grazydream/goldry_bluszco, but if you are them, I don't get the betting/gambling reference, though I might be missing something. At least the claim of having stopped cheering after a long period of bits-support does check out. :lol:

Anyway, thanks again, and feel free to share more of your thoughts in the future or even become a (somewhat) regular contributor. If you really want to show your support, the best way of helping me right now is to tip me. Wait, what? No, I didn't mean contributing in that way. Not my fault, though. Nothing I could do.

:stress:

Comma

kiwifarms.net
DSP Look listen frog.PNG

Constantly ranting about people using Wings memes in chat about two weeks ago, but now suddenly it's okay for some reason.

And when I say "some reason", I obviously mean:
tips.PNG

Yesterday's direct money injection seems to have lifted the spirits of our cash junkie. But for how long, I wonder..?

View attachment 782371

I wonder what it could be? Is this the end of detractor-made videos?
"So, you guyzz... *clears throat 4 times* Susan Wojcicki contacted me directly, ME, letting me know she's been a fan since 1985 and how much she likes my kahntent, especially the past 2 years or so! And GUESS WHAT!? I don't have to worry about getting Content ID'd anymore! I'm getting THE FIRST EVER direct Youtube Partnership, which grants me unrestricted immunity against any copyright claim and a direct line to EVERY member of Youtube's Board of Directors if something still might happen! This is what you get when you spread the love. I've always been supportive of and positive about Youtube, so what goes around, comes around! Okay? *SNORT*"

-
edit- He's talking about it now on pre-stream: it's about him receiving an automated email from Youtube about a video of his getting claimed for copyrighted content, but instead of losing all revenue, he's now getting a revenue-split for this particular video.

So it's about money. Of course it is.

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino