DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• January

Votes: 137 45.2%
  • February

Votes: 170 56.1%
  • March

Votes: 99 32.7%
  • April

Votes: 70 23.1%

• Total voters

WutangLee

I'll think of something witty to put on here later
kiwifarms.net
It's all bullshit.

He's not having any more significant troubles than he's had in the past week/month/year. His life doesn't change at all. If he had his way it'd be a completely flat trajectory from where he is now until he dies. He's likely had to shift his spending habits more toward Kat or bills and that has him all ass-chapped about losing all that fun money so he's turned the dial up on the begging and now he's "stressed". I guarantee you it's because he's got his eye on something shiny and expensive and he can't afford it yet without dipping into the red and getting bitchy phone calls again. He's got just enough impulse control not to jeopardize anything but not nearly enough to keep himself from putting the pressure on his pigs so he can buy whatever it is he wants.

Interesting theory. I myself believe that he has a delusion or perceived target of how much he thinks he's supposed to make. I think the money he was making during his golden age with project 7, and all his friends, before the adpocalypse, and compared to his current state, feels like he's about to fall off a cliff financially unless he can recover.

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I believe that Pig at one point did injure his back, given that it can happen and there's been at least some (shoddy) second-hand confirmation to that element. Plus while Pig likes to lie, he does usually base it on what is happening and twists it into massive whoppers; he tends to avoid making them up wholesale.

However, I imagine it was a minor fix by comparison to what he likes to pretend it is, given he can jerk and move just fine and he apparently didn't need painkillers. He probably did what all greasy slugs like him would do; tard cum the fuck out of it and essentially skirted the line just out of insurance or medical fraud range since there was an injury, he just is lying about how bad it was. Then after a while he just used it as a go-to for being a lazy fuck since Pig's ego both bloated and fragile; he can't just say because fuck you don't wanna, because that'd imply that he IS just a lazy manchild. So he just keeps using it as a crutch since it's more acceptable to say you can't for disability reasons than anything else.

Also note that Pig never tried applying for Disability because of that back.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm wondering when he's finally going to spill the beans on what exactly are these "behind the scenes" problems, since it's now really starting to affect his work in a direct way; not being able to buy games and not being able to sleep, which both lead to rearranging his strict schedule, attracting extra unwanted attention and to pretty much derailing his streams (more than usual). Next to that, I'm seeing more and more people looking for answers about this, both fans and ehm... other followers. Everyone knows it's about money, but he's being very secretive about it, which is quite the achievement for DSP.

If he's really as deep in the red as he's saying, you'd say that right about now would be a perfect time for DSP to do one of his emergency events/marathons where he tries to scrape together as much money as possible.

If his Twitch payment isn't enough to cover him being in the red, could that moment be just around the corner?
He won't reveal any actual details until he is forced to by complete and total desperation. Even when he's been talking about being overdrawn, any questions about where his money is going is met with "FUCK YOU NOT YOUR BUSINESS". I would expect him to keep talking about vague "issues" for as long as possible...mostly because it works. He got ~$10k last month from that style of begging. Why wouldn't he try it again?

Mr.PiggyOinkOink

kiwifarms.net
Phil allegedly did burn his face.

Listening to his tale, it would be fair to assume a reasonable person could infer that he meant his face caught fire.

If you dig deep enough, there is a video somewhere in which he says he got friction burns from the airbag.

Phil twisted the facts. "My face got a little scraped up from the airbag", became "I got burned over half my face and nearly died".
I swear he took it a step further and legit used the phrase “caught fire” within the last year, but I might be mid remembering, it’s hard to keep so much of his bullshit straight

leChinkyRaccoon

kiwifarms.net
Well, they are both unabashed alcoholics.
1563038372385.png
Damn, beat me to it. Now, I'm not a big comic guy but I do remember reading about this arc. I wonder if Phil is aware of Stark's issues behind the scenes. Are his various personae his suits of armor he dons?

I swear he took it a step further and legit used the phrase “caught fire” within the last year, but I might be mid remembering, it’s hard to keep so much of his bullshit straight
Yeah, actual serious burns scar your shit up right? and even with skin grafts they're still noticeable. I'm reading first degree burns are mostly superficial but anything past that will likely scar. I am of the mind that if he calls coughing choking then he'd likely call a scrape a burn as well.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 839669
Damn, beat me to it. Now, I'm not a big comic guy but I do remember reading about this arc. I wonder if Phil is aware of Stark's issues behind the scenes. Are his various personae his suits of armor he dons?

Yeah, actual serious burns scar your shit up right? and even with skin grafts they're still noticeable. I'm reading first degree burns are mostly superficial but anything past that will likely scar. I am of the mind that if he calls coughing choking then he'd likely call a scrape a burn as well.
Not 100% sure but I think he said he got either 2nd or 3rd degree burns.

WutangLee

kiwifarms.net
He won't reveal any actual details until he is forced to by complete and total desperation. Even when he's been talking about being overdrawn, any questions about where his money is going is met with "FUCK YOU NOT YOUR BUSINESS". I would expect him to keep talking about vague "issues" for as long as possible...mostly because it works. He got ~$10k last month from that style of begging. Why wouldn't he try it again?
Doesn't the guy have a business or finance degree? Socially speaking he's a subject matter expert since he went to an institution of higher learning for it. Granted he's no Chris Chan e-begging that his cats are gonna starve and throwing a bitch fit because people offered to send food instead of money, but I certainly feel that there is something he's not saying. Is he choosing to lose face to make an extra buck or is he really on the brink of losing his house every other month. The guy that owns 2 houses, crying about losing a house. It's strange, is all.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Snídely Whiplashó

jdoe2

kiwifarms.net
Are we really supposed to believe that Dave only goes outside once a week and that's so he can go to Fred Meyer's or to go to the restaurant?

Why the fuck would you move across the country in a private gated community only to do that?

Literally could've done the same back in CT. Fuck it, at least get a bigger apartment if you really can't stay in that condo even though it's more than enough for someone like Dave who just plays games and drinks gin all day

What a dumbass

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
Are we really supposed to believe that Dave only goes outside once a week and that's so he can go to Fred Meyer's or to go to the restaurant?

Why the fuck would you move across the country in a private gated community only to do that?

Literally could've done the same back in CT. Fuck it, at least get a bigger apartment if you really can't stay in that condo even though it's more than enough for someone like Dave who just plays games and drinks gin all day

What a dumbass
I think the current condo was either the most or second most expensive home they looked at when they first went to Seattle, and one of the smallest. One of the other places they did a walkthrough (the only walkthroughs Phil's ever actually done on his channels) of was a legit 3 stories with something like 4 bedrooms. For a man who plays vidya all day and an unemployed 20 year old. His real estate agent must have been dumbfounded.

But you could tell that as soon as he saw the new condo was in a "gated community" the search was over. That's all he ever really cared about when moving, was to get a safe space as far away from anyone who knew him in real life as possible.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net

What a dumbass
Connecticut had too many taxes. Thank goodness he moved...

WutangLee

kiwifarms.net
I think the current condo was either the most or second most expensive home they looked at when they first went to Seattle, and one of the smallest. One of the other places they did a walkthrough (the only walkthroughs Phil's ever actually done on his channels) of was a legit 3 stories with something like 4 bedrooms. For a man who plays vidya all day and an unemployed 20 year old. His real estate agent must have been dumbfounded.

But you could tell that as soon as he saw the new condo was in a "gated community" the search was over. That's all he ever really cared about when moving, was to get a safe space as far away from anyone who knew him in real life as possible.
Finding a reliable internet provider aside. He could've gone to a flyover state for a fraction of what it costs to live in Seattle, and done the very same thing. Did he get bit by the West Coast bug?

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
So, he's... going to stream 3 hours of Judgment, and then DQB2 for maybe four hours, for whatever reason.

I don't get it. Why not play DQB2 on both streams?
2 Main Reasons:

1) Because he would get bored. That's the explanation he gave for why he didn't just pay Sekiro for 12 hours on his marathon: because he would get bored and hate the game.

2) Money. DSP legitimately believes that if he played the same game for both streams that it would cost him money because if someone doesn't like DQB2 then they won't "interact" with him, but if he plays two different games, then fans of both games will "interact" with him. That's the primary reason he's a "variety streamer."

Radical Goodspeed

kiwifarms.net
Finding a reliable internet provider aside. He could've gone to a flyover state for a fraction of what it costs to live in Seattle, and done the very same thing. Did he get bit by the West Coast bug?
Him and Leanna were both hoping to reap some state tax benefits, so had settled on Florida and Washington. There are two interpretations:

1. Phil picked Washington because he was too lazy to look at a third house. Had the second house he looked at been in Florida, he would have probably picked Florida.

2. He intentionally picked the side of the country furthest away from Leanna's family.

One of my favorite Phil lines from that time was that he was only buying the best (most expensive) furniture for his house because him and his family would be needing it for years to come. Thus, he was too good for second hand or IKEA. Assuming Phil pays minimum payments and charged that shit, he's likely still paying on the shit he thought he'd be using with Panda.

Malagor the dank omen

Drakwald's most coveted goat
kiwifarms.net
I leave this board for months and come back to see absolutely nothing has changed.

God, what a boring fucking faggot DiSP is...
It's the worst and best thing of DSP: You know what to expect and he doesn't dissapoint, but he gets very stale. One wish he got involved in drama more often or he went on autistic tirades more often.