DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• April

Votes: 32 7.3%
  • May

Votes: 141 32.1%
  • June

Votes: 139 31.7%
  • July

Votes: 101 23.0%
  • How many begathons will be held (choose 1)?

Votes: 74 16.9%

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • 1-2

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 92 21.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 135 30.8%

• Total voters

Comma

kiwifarms.net
Paypigs heaving_earth and ThatAnonyMouse to the rescue with 30 37 38 gifted subs between the two of them.

heaving_earth 25 gifted subs.PNG ThatAnonyMouse 5 gifted subs.PNG heaving_earth 7 gifted subs.PNG heaving_earth 1 gifted sub.PNG

-edit- Can't remember if he tipped under his own name, but heaving_earth just let DSP know it was him who had the top tip during the Minecraft stream where he got to name the tombstone (calling Da_bottomlineis a backstabber).

heaving_earth Minecraft tombstone Da_Bottomlineis.PNG

DSP reacts to that like a giddy little girl:

heaving_earth $5 tip.png

Last edited:

Surly Muppet

kiwifarms.net
I guess on the upside, this retrospective is going to be a boring disaster of a stream. Phil has exhausted all of the Panda-free, Phil-approved videos, and is about to be relegated to watching gameplay, which is both boring and possibly contains things he can no longer say/do/think. This increases the chances that the chat will be despondent and Phil will indulge in a meltdown.

SowonNation

너무 지나쳐
kiwifarms.net
Yay! His retarded fans get to watch their cult-leader react to ancient footage of a time when he used to be "really fat, ewww".
We gonna witness a lot of boomer-talk and him pointing at his screen.

This is the least amount of effort I've seen someone put into any kind of sub-goal on this joke of a website. They don't even benefit from this shit.
It's just gonna be Derich requesting 90 videos in the KOH thread and him ignoring any other suggestions.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can't remember if he tipped under his own name, but heaving_earth just let DSP know it was him who had the top tip during the Minecraft stream where he got to name the tombstone (calling Dabottomlineis a backstabber)
It was "babyfuckmangaming" or something similar. So good to know. Probably the same dipshit who tipped $100 after the stream and got shit on by Phil.

Surly Muppet

kiwifarms.net
I'm curious as to how much longer Phil thinks he can maintain this idea that he doesn't script his begging segment. It's the same thing every day at this point with only slight variations in wording.

I'm sure he has the semantics prepped though. He said it wasn't SCRIPTED, but there are detailed bullet points that he reads from every time.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Is there any streamer who's top-10 supporters match up with DSP's top-10 paypigs? I don't see any other streamer getting as much support from their top contributors as DSP does. Most successful streamers that I've seen get a lot of little donations in bulk with some one-time big tips; not the same 10 people repeatedly giving big tips in a "Notice me, senpai!" fashion.

Maybe I just need to get out more?

PieceofShet

kiwifarms.net
I'm curious as to how much longer Phil thinks he can maintain this idea that he doesn't script his begging segment. It's the same thing every day at this point with only slight variations in wording.

I'm sure he has the semantics prepped though. He said it wasn't SCRIPTED, but there are detailed bullet points that he reads from every time.
He could make a flashy, well edited, 1-2 minute clip that he could show when go to toilet after pre before gameplay.

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the Exceptional Illuminati
kiwifarms.net
Paypigs heaving_earth and ThatAnonyMouse to the rescue with 30 37 38 gifted subs between the two of them.

View attachment 893903 View attachment 893904 View attachment 893906 View attachment 893910

-edit- Can't remember if he tipped under his own name, but heaving_earth just let DSP know it was him who had the top tip during the Minecraft stream where he got to name the tombstone (calling Da_bottomlineis a backstabber).

View attachment 893911

DSP reacts to that like a giddy little girl:

View attachment 893912

View attachment 893919
Isn't he at around 100 gifted subs?
He has absolutely no natural growth.

• Agree
Reactions: Draza

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

He's a used car salesman who has given the same pitch so many times he has it down-pat. It's not scripted, but he says it multiple times a day and has for a few years now, so it's as natural for him as saying "HULLO".

Is there any streamer who's top-10 supporters match up with DSP's top-10 paypigs? I don't see any other streamer getting as much support from their top contributors as DSP does. Most successful streamers that I've seen get a lot of little donations in bulk with some one-time big tips; not the same 10 people repeatedly giving big tips in a "Notice me, senpai!" fashion.

I've seen two variations (with some overlap). Some streamers have regular fairly high-dollar donators. I've watched TimtheTatMan, and he has a regular, among others, who goes by 18B_actual or something like that. Dude pretty routinely tips $100-200 and gifts subs. I'm sure other streamers have that too. The difference I see is that I've never seen such a regularly rotating cast of such donators, where one leaves and another person immediately fills the void. The other variation I've seen is people with lots of smaller donators. These people typically have a large number of subs, though, as they realize it's (relatively) more stable to build up a recurring sub base than to rely on people taking extra steps to give money every day. These streamers typically have 3000+ subs (which is a minimum of $7500 monthly, just from the subs).

Phil is some weird third way option where he has a minimal sub base (totes "organic" gifting whales aside) and relies heavily on singular persons tipping or cheering large quantities at a time.

86 so far this month. He's going to lose ~95 gifted subs between the 29th and Sept. 3rd or so.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
I'm at the point that I firmly believe he doesn't aim for or give a shit about natural growth - the sub goal is just there to bait paypigs into dropping gifted sub bombs.

-edit- He's in such a good mood right now, btw. It's like watching someone who just popped some uppers. But no, that's not how DSP rolls. Instead of getting high on uppers, he simply needed to get paid by Twitch yesterday and to get hit by $100+ in subs this morning.
Fun fact: he still pushed the "tipping me helps me the most right now, so please consider tipping me" thing during pre-steam. Yes, just one day after getting paid thousands of dollars...

-edit2- Okay, what the actual f u c k.

People in chat are asking for a tier 2 sub goal. He goes on a rant about people not being able to handle tier 2 goals because of the cat reveal tier 2 goal and people making up he promised a tier 2 reward, which he says he didn't promise. Or some shit like that. Had to paraphrase quickly, but clip incoming.

Clip:

"Every time that I hint that there may be a tier 2 goal, and then I don't do it, people freak out and say that I promised something that I didn't do!
Perfect example: couple of weeks ago I did a fundraiser, and I said: you know, if we hit the goal, maybe we'll do a tier 2 goal where we'll implement something else. I never concretely promised it and I never actually laid out how it would work, and then all of a sudden: OH, PHIL PROMISED A TIER 2 GOAL AND DIDN'T COME THROUGH WITH IT. No! I didn't, actually! You're just and idiot who is lying and trying to make me look bad!"

This man...

This...

man...

Last edited:

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
I'm at the point that I firmly believe he doesn't aim for or gives a shit about natural growth - the sub goal is just there to bait paypigs into dropping gifted sub bombs.
The few times DSP has gotten raided by a bigger channel like Destiny, he's gotten a horrified look on his face, and just waits patiently for everyone to go away.

I don't think DSP WANTS growth because he's terrified that everyone new is a troll. He's said in the past that he just "wants to keep what he has", and I think there is some truth to that statement. Like you said, DSP is perfectly fine with getting a lot of money from a few "loyal" paypigs; actually he probably prefers that.

I'd bet DSP's dream is to only have like 40 viewers, but all of them tip him $100/week.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net

I play one of those "free to play, but you gotta drop serious coin to be competitive" games on my phone (not the WWE one Dave plays and spends a shit ton on). And, while I am guilty of dropping google survey shekels on some of the little perks, I don't spend actual money on it. I digress.

One of the guys that is in the group I play with does a streams on the new characters and how powerful they are, stuff on the test servers of 3 or 4 similar type games, features, etc. And some of his top contributors are in the $1,000's. I don't know how many there are, but there's usually a ticker that shows some of the whales. Granted, the people who likely drop that kind of coin on a preview-streamer like that are the ones who bulldoze some serious money into the game just to stay on top.

PieceofShet

kiwifarms.net
One time he should put the subgoal soo high, they would need like an extra 200 subs to hit it. He would probably. Organic growth.

BabygotACKACKACK

I told you, to buy, the figure!
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna happen. Phil can't handle rejection--remember how pissy he got when he didn't hit the "MUH KAT WILL COOK WIT ME" sub goal?
Wait I thought he hit the goal for that but never actually did anything with khet because of “the trolls”. Every time people talk his past scams they bring up cooking with the khet