DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• April

Votes: 32 7.2%
  • May

Votes: 141 31.8%
  • June

Votes: 139 31.4%
  • July

Votes: 105 23.7%
  • How many begathons will be held (choose 1)?

Votes: 77 17.4%

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • 1-2

Votes: 120 27.1%
  • 3-4

Votes: 92 20.8%
  • 5+

Votes: 137 30.9%

• Total voters

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
It is kinda funny, though not exactly surprising, that Phil doesn't attract more obsessive fans interested in dating him. Most less than desirable YouTubers/Streamers still manage to get a handful of fans who are weirdly attracted to them. Phil got Leanna, and if we're being generous and assuming there's actual attraction and not just gold digging/other ulterior motives, Khet. It is partly balanced out by him having paypigs who want to be his best friend, but rando uggo's on YouTube/Twitch usually have those too on top of the weird fans who want to bone them.

On a less disgusting note, Phil desperately trying to turn Jasper into a mascot is pretty funny. I don't know where he got it in his head that streaming mascots are a thing. Knowing Phil it is something someone did 5 years ago or something and he's only just now trying it, but I'm drawing a blank on any streamers who were particularly successful with a mascot. Maybe he's just taking the general YouTube animal video thing and trying to piglogic it into also being relevant to streaming? The closest thing to a mascot I can think on Twitch is streamers with specific emotes usually relating to something they're prolific for, like speedrunners having specific emotes tied to the games they run or Dark Soul streamers having a sunbro meme style emote, but those are just little perks, not main attractions to a channel. Phil is acting like Jasper is some high demand product and people are tuning in specifically to see him, because as we all know there's absolutely no other easy source of seeing a cat online.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
DSP just said that he got his current outfit because he preordered the game.

Hasn't he been crying poor about not being able to afford games for months? Now he just admitted that he preordered this game?

Am I getting something mixed up? It seems odd that he's talking about a preorder after months of stating he can't afford games and needs people to buy them for him.

Maybe I'm making too much out of this. He could have preordered it less than a week ago maybe.

AckedyACK

kiwifarms.net
DSP just said that he got his current outfit because he preordered the game.

Hasn't he been crying poor about not being able to afford games for months? Now he just admitted that he preordered this game?

Am I getting something mixed up? It seems odd that he's talking about a preorder after months of stating he can't afford games and needs people to buy them for him.

Maybe I'm making too much out of this. He could have preordered it less than a week ago maybe.
Phil might be stupid, but not as stupid as his fans. I think he noticed just as much as us that he doesn't have to come up with clever lies and scams. He can simply say whatever he wants, pull an excuse out of his ass whenever someone questions him and blame all the rest on detractors. He can lie and scam and fans will still donate, and he realized this as well. Which is why he's not even hiding his lies and scams anymore. No need to put that much effort in it when your fans are literal wheelchair symbols.

PieceofShet

kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie - Asmongold's comb over is fucking trash. Phil's running around with an exposed hairline 24/7, but Asmon can't own up to the fact that a comb over is the worst thing a man could possibly do, and his gf is somewhat to blame. Asmon confirmed on multiple occasions that his gf does his hair whenever he needs a haircut or whatever - so he's partially rocking the DSP-mentality here. "But Khet likes muh hair!"
Male streamers and hair loss - name a more iconic duo.
Almost spit out my cola, that was golden.
On a sidenote, doesnt he have short hair now? You have a balding head? Own it, cut it short.

• Agree
Reactions: SowonNation

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On a less disgusting note, Phil desperately trying to turn Jasper into a mascot is pretty funny. I don't know where he got it in his head that streaming mascots are a thing.
In all honesty, probably people like Tolomeo, who has a dog that is actually a stream mascot (more or less). I'd be willing to bet, though, that Tolomeo didn't do a $2000 "reveal" of the dog and start trying to cram the dog into everything. "OH MY GOD, THE DOG IS ITCHING ITSELF. NOW IT'S LICKING ITS ASSHOLE. NOW IT'S STOPPED. BACK TO THE ASSHOLE AGAIN. HA HA HA ISN'T THAT ZaAaAaAaAnY?!?!?"

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
A troll last week (I think) tipped using the name Holden Caulfield, which DSP recognized as a literary reference but clearly did not know from where.

I've been pondering that name in my head for a bit, and the more I overanalyze it, the more I think that DSP really is a 37-year-old version of that kid. The cynicism, the "everyone is phony but me", the self-imposed isolation, the "adult life is complicated", the near incelness, everything seems to fit.

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
I like the little speech quirk he has now where despite his insistence that tips are not donations, he rarely says he "made money" on stream anymore, he says he "raised money." As in "I think I raised enough money earlier to pay for new games."

Instead of being paid for his work or accepting donations, he "raises" "contributions". It's such weaselly lawyer jargon, like he legitimately wants to keep portraying himself as a charity.

He was also flat out banning anyone asking about the $2k and then blamed in on the restreamers who...weren't restreaming. As if independent people can't be curious about that.

Radical Goodspeed

kiwifarms.net
This would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. The roach is getting REAL desperate...
If there's ever a time where I feel some divine sense of justice is spitting in Phil's karmic onion rings, its when he has to embrace the detractors for his pennies.

His ego was lucky Twitch rejected his O-Face emoticon, because I think the spam of that would have aged him five more years from damaged pride alone.

Last edited:

mollymawk

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The results from tonight's Judgement stream:
Screenshot_2019-08-29_05-32-30.png

According to Phil, it is unlikely that Khat will appear for the Halloween special event, but it is not out of the question that they will dress the inexpensive cat up in a inexpensive outfit. Also not out of the question that Phil's lesser known twin sister will make an appearance, or the frequently requested Kekon3 crossplay.

Midway through the second video from last night's Blackout stream, he paused the gameplay to briefly demonstrate what the 480p webcam looked like in full-screen, which made for an interesting video thumbnail. At the end of the stream, Phil closed the game to the dashboard and rapped with stream chat for a few minutes before clocking out. Gave a bunch of quick rude answers to the questions that poured in, and then ended the stream because "no important or intelligent questions" were coming in. He sort of touched upon the following day why he was feeling blue during Blackout, because "in two months the game will be dead, so what's the point in playing now."

Screenshot_2019-08-28_21-34-38.png

Boomer doesn't understand memes.
360.gif

Once again, Phil puts out the fishing line in a far-fetched attempt to snag a rich viewer to drop a million-dollar tip on him for all the years of entertainment he provided. It's disguised as a joke, but the tone of his voice is the same as when he teases regular paypigs to step up. "Yeah right, like that will happen, like someone would really donate one million dollars. Can you imagine that, haha." I imagine he's envisioning someone in wealth who never leaves the mansion, and Phil's streams serve as a portal and the only connection they have to the common man. They cry silent tears, because of their disconnect from an ordinary life, but Phil clues them in to how things are.

I haven't been watching much, but Control looks like pretentious boring garbage with obligatory "current year" quotas met. Phil has stated in the pre-stream that if Control is not your cup of tea, to not show up for the stream and come back later for more fun stuff. Somewhat contradictory to when he later complains that people are not showing up to streams because "they won't give the game a chance" and are "close-minded". On one hand, he's telling you to fuck off, the other he's imploring you to overlook your initial impression and show up to donate.

Anonymous Sega Genesis Mini gifter "saving the day".
"I got bills son, I got fucking bills. Out the ass."
meat_pistol_meltdown on thin ice.
Tipping litmus test.
"How does Wings of Redemption shit out so many memes."
Ignoring troll contributions.
The forest of positive interactions.

Miscellaneous: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Attachments

Last edited: