DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

Will the Tips Goal come down again?

• Nope--like the whoreboard, it's there to stay.

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Yes--for like a week at some point before it reappears.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Yes--because Emerald_Tut_the_7th will show up to shower a huge amount on Phil

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of his always I have a bill due in a few days. What the hell is this business loan that's been brought up? I can't think of any real reason why he would have a business loan. The only thing that comes to mind is the guy he stole Khat from. Didn't he mention something about a side business.
According to Phil (which, as always, you need to take with an entire salt mine) he has not one but two business loans. It's never been made clear for what they were used (though looking at Phil and his lifestyle it's probably not hard to guess), how much they were for, when they were taken out or what cutthroat predator decided that a guy on the hook for god-knows how many thousands of dollars was good for another float. I bet that second one has an interest rate so high it'd make Snoop Dog jealous.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of his always I have a bill due in a few days. What the hell is this business loan that's been brought up? I can't think of any real reason why he would have a business loan. The only thing that comes to mind is the guy he stole Khat from. Didn't he mention something about a side business.
There is no business loan. He just uses the phrase as a euphemism for either a personal loan or a particularly big chunk of credit card debt he took on at one time, money which was spent on "the business". Therefore, in his mind it's a business loan. But it's really not.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm curious how the $20 in PSN credits was gifted. It wasn't from Amazon.

EDIT

DSP accidently played a trollsong during his break. Youtube fucked up, nothing he could do.

This guy might have been trolling, but someone bought at least 1 $20 and 1 $10 credit (at least according to the wishlist), so unless it was a troll job that registered as legit, Phil probably got enough. Did he mention anything about it on stream?

Been covered, but just keep in mind that he will readily misuse or stretch the truth of words. He considers anything that lets him continue to stream (like paying his water bill) "business" related, so as @millais and @Pargon noted, he probably got either a personal loan or a credit card advance to cover his exorbitant spending at some point. Kinda hope that interest rate is ultra-fucking him now.

ReentryPhantom

All tips received go DIRECTLY to the bills!
kiwifarms.net
This guy might have been trolling, but someone bought at least 1 $20 and 1 $10 credit (at least according to the wishlist), so unless it was a troll job that registered as legit, Phil probably got enough. Did he mention anything about it on stream?

Been covered, but just keep in mind that he will readily misuse or stretch the truth of words. He considers anything that lets him continue to stream (like paying his water bill) "business" related, so as @millais and @Pargon noted, he probably got either a personal loan or a credit card advance to cover his exorbitant spending at some point. Kinda hope that interest rate is ultra-fucking him now.
Also, keep in mind he can't even tell you the exact title of the guy that prepares his taxes. He is either a Tax preparer, a tax accountant or a tax attorney. I'm willing to bet it is some dude at H&R Block.

drgnkiller

kiwifarms.net
The $30 guy was someone else. He was complaining about the other one being a new account/a troll.

Still needs $16 (actually $20) in PSN credits and he refuses to buy BL3 until then.

• Informative
Reactions: Comma and actually

Providence Backing_21

My Acidic condition
kiwifarms.net
There is no business loan. He just uses the phrase as a euphemism for either a personal loan or a particularly big chunk of credit card debt he took on at one time, money which was spent on "the business". Therefore, in his mind it's a business loan. But it's really not.
I imagine that's it he originally first said I have loans, two mortgages, and credit card debt. The business part was added on later. He did buy a car so I guess he could also be talking about a car loan.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
Sixteen dollars... Begging for sixteen dollars on Twitter, for the whole world to see. That's... exceptionally amazing.

Btw, I love how fucking specific the financial aid must be:

- it can't be cheers, because he won't get that money until October 15th
- it can't be subs, because he won't get that money until October 15th
- it can't be through a Patreon pledge, because he won't get that money until sometime next month
- it can't be tips because that goes straight to his overdrafted bank account
- it can't be through Teespring, because (I assume) that money goes straight into his bank account as well

It must be PSN credits, and PSN credits only.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Sixteen dollars... Begging for sixteen dollars on Twitter, for the whole world to see. That's... exceptionally amazing.

Btw, I love how fucking specific the financial aid must be:

- it can't be cheers, because he won't get that money until October 15th
- it can't be subs, because he won't get that money until October 15th
- it can't be through a Patreon pledge, because he won't get that money until sometime next month
- it can't be tips because that goes straight to his overdrafted bank account
- it can't be through Teespring, because (I assume) that money goes straight into his bank account as well

It must be PSN credits, and PSN credits only.
Beggars CAN be choosers.

Just_living

kiwifarms.net
The $30 guy was someone else. He was complaining about the other one being a new account/a troll.

Still needs $16 (actually $20) in PSN credits and he refuses to buy BL3 until then.
Honestly him playing Borderlands 3 is a waste of time. He's not going to take advantage of the co-op and it seems like the content starts to drag on bit according to reviews, the end game is shallow and the value is playing the campaign over and over to get better loot. This is not a game for this dude and he should skip it. I think that if he doesn't get the money tonight he'll use reviews as an excuse to not get it, then someone "special" will give him a game code for it.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Has DSP mentioned yet whether or not he's going to play the Link's Awakening Remaster? I don't think I could watch him destroy one of my favorite childhood games. Then again, I haven't actually watched him play any games lately to be fair.

Nina Hagen

kiwifarms.net
I mean.... you can't make this shit up....
DSP's (Direct Support Professionals) ensure people with disabilities have the necessary supports to live, work, and enjoy life more independentlyView attachment 932607

Oh, god. I had that job for several years in my 20's. Slight powerlevel to express my horror at once having been a DSP. Wow dude.

drgnkiller

kiwifarms.net
Honestly him playing Borderlands 3 is a waste of time. He's not going to take advantage of the co-op and it seems like the content starts to drag on bit according to reviews, the end game is shallow and the value is playing the campaign over and over to get better loot. This is not a game for this dude and he should skip it.
I always enjoy playing solo, but yeah, for a streamer specifically solo isn't going to be great. And just like with BL1, it's going to be too tough for him and he'll cry.

Has DSP mentioned yet whether or not he's going to play the Link's Awakening Remaster? I don't think I could watch him destroy one of my favorite childhood games. Then again, I haven't actually watched him play any games lately to be fair.
Confirmed he's ruining it when it releases.

Just_living

kiwifarms.net
He said it is o
DSP said it was on his list of games to play.

I always enjoy playing solo, but yeah, for a streamer specifically solo isn't going to be great. And just like with BL1, it's going to be too tough for him and he'll cry.
Agreed, he doesn't have the patience for these times of games and if he hits a wall in terms of difficulty he will bitch about potentially grinding. Look at his Dragon Quest stream where he whined for a good 30 minutes about the fact that the enemies got harder and he needed to grind for a bit. He doesn't have the personality to carry such a long game like BL3.

If he is looking for big hits he's better off playing the exclusives on the console platforms and that should be his "hardcore gaming season", he would get good in his world day 1 views and he would pull in the "special" fanboys who would throw money his way. If you look right now on Twitch you'll see that there are a group of streamers that have early access. So DSP views are going to be shit and DSP is going to cry about it. DId money exchange hands, for some, yes (Gearbox has a streamteam so it was known for a while). Others have an influencial channel with the personality to carry the play-through.

Bottom line DSP playing Borderlands 3 is a waste of time.

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino