DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

Will the Tips Goal come down again?

• Nope--like the whoreboard, it's there to stay.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Yes--for like a week at some point before it reappears.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Yes--because Emerald_Tut_the_7th will show up to shower a huge amount on Phil

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Nurse Ratchet

YAMANASHI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm too lazy to go back and check (and also just because DSP says something doesn't mean it's true; he has to lie to protect the family you know), but we do have records in another thread that he's at least paid the August property taxes. So DSP isn't a total moron. Whether or not he's still paying the mortgage I have no idea, but in my head, I have vague memories that he at least said that he wasn't paying it anymore.

I would say that the evidence that he paid the August property taxes means it's likely he is still paying the mortgage because they are both lumped together and DSP seems too lazy to figure out a way to pay the taxes separately.
If he took out a FHA loan on the OG Khan-dough, property taxes are built into your mortgage payment & placed in escrow, then paid on your behalf at the appropriate time.

Ergo, if A) it is a FHA loan; & B) public records reflect that his property taxes were paid in one fell swoop & not in chunks, then I'd say it's a safe assumption that he lied (omgnowairite?!) & never did stop making payments on Snort Fort Numero Uno.

Because you're absolutely right, he did say that he was officially shittin the bed on making payments on the CN place, & he definitely started blathering on about that after his wedding (though I can't be fucked to go find a link to him saying it, either.)

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It must be PSN credits, and PSN credits only.
Also, it must be at least $66 in credits, because MUH SALES TAXES. He's literally nickel and diming this shit.

Edit: Looks like someone already bought the last $20 credit needed (the date of last purchased changed from 11th to 12th, so presumably someone in the eastern EU area? It is amazing how shamelessly he begs, but shit, it works just about every time, so why wouldn't he?

gaarashatan

kiwifarms.net
Who had their money on Phil using 9/11 to grandstand about how much more mature and grown he is than 3 years ago?

View attachment 932237

Maybe Kat knew someone involved and yelled at him last night to prompt the tweet.
i love how everything he says is self-proclaimed and not even true. keep making those childish jokes phil, keep hating on games and people because the game fucked you or the person disagrees with you, and way to stay humble when shit hits the fan and you actually end up on top instead of going off cause you finally felt like you won something. you havent matured you dumbfuck

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 932744
I guess tweet begging worked out. The schedule is saved! Nameless fans got us there!

Archive: http://archive.li/LEmnO
Is it even a surprise anymore that he somehow manages to afford every AAA title he expresses any interest in?

I mean, it's equally likely that he just buys them himself regardless of any amount of donations or that his pigs actually never fail to cough up for them. I guess this might be the game that will revitalize his brand? :optimistic:

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 932744
I guess tweet begging worked out. The schedule is saved! Nameless fans got us there!
I'm really curious if he'll play it solo, which will be ungodly boring, or if he'll let the usual cadre of screeching mods and hangers-on (who were expected to pay for the game with their own money, and will likely still donate to Phil during the streams) lead him through with overleveled characters like what happens when anyone co-ops with him these days.

Either way it's gonna be fucking terrible and not worth the shame added to his psyche this week and I'm here for that.

Last edited:

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Is it even a surprise anymore that he somehow manages to afford every AAA title he expresses any interest in?

I mean, it's equally likely that he just buys them himself regardless of any amount of donations or that his pigs actually never fail to cough up for them. I guess this might be the game that will revitalize his brand? :optimistic:
I look at it this way, if they give him PSN credits at least he has to use it for his job. Nobody knows where those thousands of dollars a month in bits/tips/Patreon/YouTube/Teespring go, but Psn/Xbox/Switch gift cards can only be spent in their respective stores.

Pargon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I look at it this way, if they give him PSN credits at least he has to use it for his job. Nobody knows where those thousands of dollars a month in bits/tips/Patreon/YouTube/Teespring go, but Psn/Xbox/Switch gift cards can only be spent in their respective stores.
To me, conversely, it's $60 he doesn't have to spend on something he despises. I want DSP to have to spend his own money on video games. It makes him more miserable and salty and therefore more entertaining. When he has to use his own money for his "business" is when he's most whiny when he gets a low ROI and to me that's hilarious.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In this case, we know for sure he got the credits courtesy of the wishlist, but I think you're right that he would absolutely pull the usual "anonymous benefactor" bullshit he likes to do so he doesn't have to take a loss. Unless, of course, it's not really something he wants to do anyway.

I'm really curious if he'll play it solo
Pretty sure he's already said he's going to do it solo.

Unrelated to either of these, someone asked for his 9/11 story, and what he said put on a light bulb. His story was basically that he and his mom were supposed to go out and spend the day together. What were they going to do, you ask? Why, they were going to go have some food somewhere, go see a movie, drive around, maybe go shopping or to the mall. Now, does that "outing" sound familiar to anyone else? Like what he says he and Kat do on every single "day off"?

There's also the fact that he apparently didn't have any classes at college that day (a Tuesday) such that he could go out. Not impossible, but pretty unusual for (I assume, based on his birthday) a sophomore to manage unless they're taking a low course load.

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
To me, conversely, it's $60 he doesn't have to spend on something he despises. I want DSP to have to spend his own money on video games. It makes him more miserable and salty and therefore more entertaining. When he has to use his own money for his "business" is when he's most whiny when he gets a low ROI and to me that's hilarious.
It's a little thing he does and obviously not conclusive evidence, but the way he meticulously quantifies various forms of "contributions" makes it seem like he really has a problem. Tips help the most, but only in the short term, and there are fees. He's always counting down the time from when he gets cheers and subs to when it's a paycheck. He can only buy Borderlands with PSN codes today despite also wanting $200 in immediate tips to get out of a hole. It's like he has a spreadsheet with Tips = .9, Cheers = 1+30days, Subs= .5+30days, Wishlist=1, Teespring=shit.

And the bitching and passive-aggressiveness when someone doesn't give money in the preferred way, ooh boy.

Regardless of what he needs or wants, I think his rigid 20 minute plugs segment where he describes every way to pay him in order of importance is what Phil considers budgeting. He doesn't care what he spends as long as he gets paid more, correctly, and in the way that benefits him most, right now.

Pargon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In this case, we know for sure he got the credits courtesy of the wishlist, but I think you're right that he would absolutely pull the usual "anonymous benefactor" bullshit he likes to do so he doesn't have to take a loss. Unless, of course, it's not really something he wants to do anyway.

Pretty sure he's already said he's going to do it solo.

Unrelated to either of these, someone asked for his 9/11 story, and what he said put on a light bulb. His story was basically that he and his mom were supposed to go out and spend the day together. What were they going to do, you ask? Why, they were going to go have some food somewhere, go see a movie, drive around, maybe go shopping or to the mall. Now, does that "outing" sound familiar to anyone else? Like what he says he and Kat do on every single "day off"?

There's also the fact that he apparently didn't have any classes at college that day (a Tuesday) such that he could go out. Not impossible, but pretty unusual for (I assume, based on his birthday) a sophomore to manage unless they're taking a low course load.
Lol, Phil reliving his glory days with his mummy. That's golden; good find.

And an entire day off as a full-time college student isn't that hard to swing, even as an underclassman. Tuesday would've been easier to finagle than, say, the holy grail, a Friday, in my experience.

EDIT: a word

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: actually

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And an entire day off as a full-time college student isn't that hard to swing, even as an underclassman. Tuesday would've been easier to finagle than, say, the holy grail, a Friday, in my experience.
I suppose you're right. It probably depends on the major, and I guess since Fairfield (is that right?) was smaller, they probably didn't have as many classes either. I was at a larger university, so schedules could end up spread over all 5 days depending on required courses. No classes on Friday was indeed the Holy Grail, though.

the khat quaffer

kiwifarms.net
Oh joy. Can't wait to see how he fucks this up.
I wanted to say something like, 'Chill out d00d, it's not like you even watch the streams, can one dumbass really ruin your childhood?' but then I remembered his Donkey Kong Country playthrough.

He was holding a FUCKING TNT BARREL. It fell out of his hands after landing on an enemy. It VISIBLY fell to the floor for several frames then blew up. Pigroach went into clown mode and asked how the ENEMY esploded. The thing is, you have to PHYSICALLY HOLD DOWN A BUTTON (usually Y button) TO HOLD THE BARREL. He was physically holding the barrel. He jumped on an enemy which causes you to drop any and all items held. He saw it fall down. He still didn't know why it (the enemy, not the TNT barrel) exploded. This is on DKC2, fresh after playing DKC1, which has largely the same mechanics.

I could feel my spirit physically manifesting behind him and hitting him with a rolled up newspaper. (The want ads section specifically.)

Timestamped to 6:46. Link for the embed-impaired.

The horror. The horror.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino