DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• April

Votes: 30 6.9%
  • May

Votes: 140 32.3%
  • June

Votes: 138 31.9%
  • July

Votes: 100 23.1%
  • How many begathons will be held (choose 1)?

Votes: 72 16.6%

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 91 21.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 131 30.3%

• Total voters

Comma

kiwifarms.net
DSP is already prepping his audience for the next bad financial situation in about two weeks during today's pre-stream:

'I do have some good news: I did get paid by Twitch. It's currently being processed by my bank. I should have my weekly (???) Twitch payment processed within the next one or two days. Either today it'll clear or tomorrow usually, at the latest.
The bad news is: I was MASSIVELY overdrawn on my bank account by the time that this happened, so even though I'm getting paid, I'm going to be backed by a lot of money.

So the good news is: the immediate future, meaning the next two weeks, things won't be so bad for financially, but then early next month things will get bad again. That's what happens every month because of this'

No idea why he said "weekly Twitch payment", btw.

-edit-

Gets $10, the biggest tip of the day so far. Uses it to guilt-trip people into giving him more by mentioning today has been slow so far:

Sigh.

Last edited:

clownpiss

kiwifarms.net
DSP is already prepping his audience for the next bad financial situation in about two weeks during today's pre-stream:

View attachment 937882

'I do have some good news: I did get paid by Twitch. It's currently being processed by my bank. I should have my weekly (???) Twitch payment processed within the next one or two days. Either today it'll clear or tomorrow usually, at the latest.
The bad news is: I was MASSIVELY overdrawn on my bank account by the time that this happened, so even though I'm getting paid, I'm going to be backed by a lot of money.

So the good news is: the immediate future, meaning the next two weeks, things won't be so bad for financially, but then early next month things will get bad again. That's what happens every month because of this'

since when do direct deposits need to clear? isn't it just instantly in your bank account once it appears? he's talking as if its a check or something

Reactions: LyteSydeByll

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Again, if this were real, HOW did DSP get so massively overdrawn so quickly? The Jasper reveal was five weeks ago. The week after that, he got his August Twitch payment. He was fine then (he stated so).

Somehow in a month's time, DSP is claiming he got himself thousands of dollars overdrawn.

The only thing I can even fathom (if DSP is telling the truth), is that the Jasper and August money got him out of a hole and back to a zero balance and maxed out credit limits. Then his September 1st bills were due.

My head hurts trying to think of this logically.

Muppetmode

kiwifarms.net
My bet is he's just sowing the seeds for some story for him to use down the road. It's no mystery why we always bitch about the quality of writing for each season. It's Phil who writes it all. That or he's just trying to turn a hangover into something that makes him look good. Phil's a dutiful son who always lets his parents know how he's doing and checks on them!

Phil doesn't say anything to his chat unless it's meant to benefit him in some way.
Again, if this were real, HOW did DSP get so massively overdrawn so quickly? The Jasper reveal was five weeks ago. The week after that, he got his August Twitch payment. He was fine then (he stated so).

Somehow in a month's time, DSP is claiming he got himself thousands of dollars overdrawn.

The only thing I can even fathom (if DSP is telling the truth), is that the Jasper and August money got him out of a hole and back to a zero balance and maxed out credit limits. Then his September 1st bills were due.

couldve just out a lot towards his debt, which is kinda dumb if you still end up paying overdraft fees. Wish I could see how much he’s accumulated over the years

Providence Backing_21

Jasper just did that
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's just incredible to me that a guy that can't break 400 viewers has at least one guy every stream willing to give him 50%-100% of what he wants. Almost every stream.
I think what happens is he is autistic. This draws in more autistic people that see a friend and hear a sad story. Thus they start throwing money at him.

An Avenging Bird

Lean in snorted
kiwifarms.net

Considering how much debt the kid (lol) has, especially given his shit rating means his interest rates must be unbearably high, it would be reasonable to assume that most if not all of Phil's bill payments go towards interest only and don't even chop into the meat of his monthlies.
He is utterly screwed regardless of the seemingly endless rotation of self-floggers who chuck thousands at him then finally see the light.

Radical Goodspeed

kiwifarms.net
Someone brought up his alcohol use. The one disorder I remember being brought up was Korsakoff’s Syndrome. I'm not sure about this, but some signs are showing. Though his overall bad health habits could explain some of it.
I doubt Phil currently suffers from KS, not because his health doesn't demonstrate the potential, but because according to google if he had gone through the onset of it, his own incompetence would have killed him before then. Its basically preceded by a stroke-but-not-stroke, a medical emergency I as a casual observer do not see Phil surviving in his manse of dust and cats, nor being robust enough to avoid.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net

He isn't just talking about this month. He says this is a cycle that happens every month.
You're supposed to believe he is overdrawing his account, continuing to pay bills racking up overdraw charges, then things get settled when his Twitch check comes in, but oh shit a chunk of that check is missing because he kept charging bills to an overdrawn account. To top it all off this has been his normal routine for months/years with no effort made to stop this easily preventable problem.

There is probably a snippet of truth in there somewhere, but it's wrapped up in too much bullshit to bother looking.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
He isn't just talking about this month. He says this is a cycle that happens every month.

You're supposed to believe he is overdrawing his account, continuing to pay bills racking up overdraw charges, then things get settled when his Twitch check comes in, but oh shit a chunk of that check is missing because he kept charging bills to an overdrawn account. To top it all off this has been his normal routine for months/years with no effort made to stop this easily preventable problem.

There is probably a snippet of truth in there somewhere, but it's wrapped up in too much bullshit to bother looking.

I have to remind myself, "there will always be a crisis", "there will always be a crisis", "there will always be a crisis".

A normal serious person would have 1 fundraiser (we know DSP is not above that), and say "Alright, this fundraiser will go straight to one of my credit card balances and then all my bills go to that card so that I never overdraft again!"

But then I remind myself, "there will always be a crisis", "there will always be a crisis", "there will always be a crisis".

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
In today's Phil puts his own words in someone else's mouth moment of the day, he claimed that "I was told by, over a year ago, by the person who was my direct contact at Twitch, that if viewers are being stupid and/or insulting me or saying dumb stuff, that you know, is obviously to incite stuff, that I can insult them as much as I want as long as it's not about their physical appearance."

Now I know that this just a twisting of the words of whatever form letter Phil got about the suspension for picking on that dude's picture, but the fact that Phil manipulated what should have been a punishment and a learning experience to actually empower himself to be even more of an asshole shows exactly why he never improves anything about his life or streams.

gaarashatan

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 937882

-edit-

Gets $10, the biggest tip of the day so far. Uses it to guilt-trip people into giving him more by mentioning today has been slow so far:

View attachment 937969

Sigh.
if only there was some way you could like sell a house, and downgrade into a smaller place... and get a part time job with benefits for your very much upcoming health issues due to a poor life style... and make extra money streaming too and not have financial issues...

hey i got an idea, why dont you ask your soulmate, you know that person who understands you down to your very core and will take a bullet for you so whats a couple hundred bucks? literally nothing, ive given fam over 5k before. so why dont you ask her if you could borrow some money so you stop getting overdrawn and having a negative account? is that too much to ask? is that insane to talk to your life partner about a very real scenario in both your lives that affects you both? i wouldnt know cause i only have had relationships in games cause im mentally ill

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
if only there was some way you could like sell a house, and downgrade into a smaller place... and get a part time job with benefits for your very much upcoming health issues due to a poor life style... and make extra money streaming too and not have financial issues...

hey i got an idea, why dont you ask your soulmate, you know that person who understands you down to your very core and will take a bullet for you so whats a couple hundred bucks? literally nothing, ive given fam over 5k before. so why dont you ask her if you could borrow some money so you stop getting overdrawn and having a negative account? is that too much to ask? is that insane to talk to your life partner about a very real scenario in both your lives that affects you both? i wouldnt know cause i only have had relationships in games cause im mentally ill
Dood! Kat has her own bills that as her husband I am not privy to in any way for some reason! She can't be helping me with rent or utilities or anything that should make my life easier considering I'm now sharing a house in a dual income household instead of just by myself. Somehow my financial situation has gotten worse since Kat moved in instead of better!

Also, apparently the quality of my internet is directly tied to the quality of my house. If I moved into an apartment, the streams would be worse because my internet would be worse! There's no way to get the internet I have now in an apartment!

Also, if I streamed at 480 then I will get less money because my fans will for some reason donate less money to be if my bitrate is worse! Don't you know stream bitrate is directly tied to contributions!

shekelshoah666

kiwifarms.net

He probably legit got over drafted at one time and mentioned it on a stream and got a lot of $$$ from it and it's a pretty easy issue to bring up to his fan base so he decided to go with it monthly. I highly doubt he is legit overdrawn multiple times every month he could just manual pay his bills late a few days and probably pay much less in fees.

Now that I think about it he always says he spends hours paying bills but who would overdraw themselves knowingly unless it was like a final notice to pay?

gaarashatan

kiwifarms.net
Dood! Kat has her own bills that as her husband I am not privy to in any way for some reason! She can't be helping me with rent or utilities or anything that should make my life easier considering I'm now sharing a house in a dual income household instead of just by myself. Somehow my financial situation has gotten worse since Kat moved in instead of better!

Also, apparently the quality of my internet is directly tied to the quality of my house. If I moved into an apartment, the streams would be worse because my internet would be worse! There's no way to get the internet I have now in an apartment!

Also, if I streamed at 480 then I will get less money because my fans will for some reason donate less money to be if my bitrate is worse! Don't you know stream bitrate is directly tied to contributions!
i totally understand dood! gas and insurance prolly takes kats entire paycheck! and duh ofc why didnt i think of it the house phil is allows for internet signals to pass through its walls much better than that of an apartments walls! gosh how can i be so fkin STOOPID DOOD! *leaninban gaarashatan*

architects

kiwifarms.net
I think the last time I overdraft’d was college...so I’m not familiar with the current info. But, are banks really letting a person overdraft by hundreds of dollars several times a month?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Draza

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
I think the last time I overdraft’d was college...so I’m not familiar with the current info. But, are banks really letting a person overdraft by hundreds of dollars several times a month?
In my experience, no, but if it's true Phil's sitting at a near-zero balance every month and constantly paying overdraft fees, he's getting no interest and making the bank a bunch of money, so in theory they'd let it continue?

I just think he's using "overdrafted" because it's a scary word to all the people who are terrible with money who donate to him.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
While the story Phil expects people to believe is absurd, Googling overdraft protection the amount they cover is anywhere between $200 all the way to $5,000. In theory his bank could cover a high amount and Phil could overdraft like he says then when his Twitch money is deposited the bank takes what he owes. Why anyone, even someone as bad at finances as Phil, would do such a thing every month I can't fathom.

Phil dropping a bunch of money on useless shit at the mall, yeah that's plausible. Phil giving his money to the bank for easily avoidable fees, not so much.

• Agree
Reactions: Draza and actually