DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• April

Votes: 32 7.3%
  • May

Votes: 141 32.1%
  • June

Votes: 139 31.7%
  • July

Votes: 101 23.0%
  • How many begathons will be held (choose 1)?

Votes: 74 16.9%

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • 1-2

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 92 21.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 135 30.8%

• Total voters

Nixxit

kiwifarms.net
I'm trying my best to Google legal information on auction law in USA, but it's not easy.

The closest I got was law on "Shill Bidding" which comes in legal and illegal forms, but this is law for auctioning items, and I'm not sure if auctioning a service applies anywhere other than in DSP's stream, amazingly. Allowing bids by upfront payment breaks auction rules, but that's not a law.

Any lawyers out there that might have more information on this?
I'm no lawyer, let alone an American one, but considering some states/countries require a license to perform an auction (And I looked it up quickly, performing a live "auction" for what isn't property - such as naming something - would most likely prevent benefiting from the exceptions allowed for E-bay and such), I highly doubt what Twitch does legally constitutes an auction, or the entire thing would have fallen apart much before we got to any shill bidding issue.

Last edited:

AckedyACK

kiwifarms.net
In case you missed it, here's the last couple of minutes of today's stream that ended in an autistic bidding war:

This is one of those instances... is Phil the bad guy here? Yes it's disgusting, but I mean, there's no manipulation. He didn't lie or scam or anything like that. He said people could donate to name that shitty prop, and they did... this is just absolute retards donating a lot of money to a pig for a stupid reason. It's incredibly... sad. I am trying to imagine what your life has to be like to be someone who donated money for this. Quite pitiful. But Phil offered something, and they were stupid enough to go along with it.

I have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, Phil didn't deceive his audience. But on the other hand, Phil knows very well what kind of pathetic, lonely and sad people they are. Strange situation.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
I'm trying my best to Google legal information on auction law in USA, but it's not easy.

The closest I got was law on "Shill Bidding" which comes in legal and illegal forms, but this is law for auctioning items, and I'm not sure if auctioning a service applies anywhere other than in DSP's stream, amazingly. Allowing bids by upfront payment breaks auction rules, but that's not a law.

if dave was auctioning the rights to name it to subs only, then it would probably be cause for concern

ReentryPhantom

It is business related, and I still own it.
kiwifarms.net
Someone please figure out who survivesweettreat is. This random person has returned yet again and is literally bankrolling Phil's stream tonight to the tune of $14 in cheers (in 100 bit increments) and $135 in tips. This has resulted in full-on clown mode.
I just don't understand how this keeps fucking happening. It makes absolutely no sense. He isn't talented, he isn't entertaining, and he's a flat-out asshole. How does this compute? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just don't understand how this keeps fucking happening. It makes absolutely no sense. He isn't talented, he isn't entertaining, and he's a flat-out asshole. How does this compute? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills
I would assume it's a "regular" under a different name. Could even be someone that used to come around and donate and has showed back up under a new account. Other thing to keep in mind is that this still isn't enough money for Phil.

TheTractor

kiwifarms.net
Sweet treat is probably HeavenCuck, just now tipped another 20$ to the belated greedy pigroach.

He's having a blast right now; cash is flowing and he can forget about the gold digging roomate.

• Informative
Reactions: Haunter

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a laywer but DSP isn't auctioning things off. If I want to outbid you in an auction I just have to agree to pay more than you and if I lose I pay nothing (or in some cases some clearly disclosed fee per bid.) In DSP's case each subsequent bid is required to be at least twice what you paid last time to qualify or it's just a tip to the auctioneer and if you lose the auctioneer keeps all losing bids. That literally doesn't exist in any other business in the world.

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
Someone please figure out who survivesweettreat is. This random person has returned yet again and is literally bankrolling Phil's stream tonight to the tune of $14 in cheers (in 100 bit increments) and $135 in tips. This has resulted in full-on clown mode.
all i can assume is this.
the thing we've all joked about "the paypigs" a findom term
perhaps phils paypigs TRULY are paypigs and get an actual kick out of phil telling them "thanks for the money dummy"
might explain why trolls keep giving him money when they KNOW it doesn't really phase him that much

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the Exceptional Illuminati
kiwifarms.net
Possible, but survivesweettreat seems, frankly, a little unhinged. Still, can't be discounted.
It's not heaving_earth unless he uses two accounts at the same time.
I'm looking into this guy and I checked logs and compared times when Phrenelith spoke and that survive guy and they speak seconds apart.
I feel like a retard going this deep into it but I want to know who it is.

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
I'm not a laywer but DSP isn't auctioning things off. If I want to outbid you in an auction I just have to agree to pay more than you and if I lose I pay nothing (or in some cases some clearly disclosed fee per bid.) In DSP's case each subsequent bid is required to be at least twice what you paid last time to qualify or it's just a tip to the auctioneer and if you lose the auctioneer keeps all losing bids. That literally doesn't exist in any other business in the world.
no auctions can include "everyone pays" when i was doing my search i found the term "all-pay auctioning" which is, regardless of whether someone wins or not, if they bid they pay

It's not heaving_earth unless he uses two accounts at the same time.
I'm looking into this guy and I checked logs and compared times when Phrenelith spoke and that survive guy and they speak seconds apart.
I feel like an exceptional individual going this deep into it but I want to know who it is.
Knowing an average Phil's paypig no doubt it's just another retard who has probably a sob ass story like Plannet Jeff who decides to blow the money his wife worked so much for that he inherited on some 37 year old guy that looks like he's 50 who has to take out his soulmaid to the restaurant every week so she doesn't leave him

• Agree
Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

mollymawk

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is one of those instances... is Phil the bad guy here? Yes it's disgusting, but I mean, there's no manipulation. He didn't lie or scam or anything like that. He said people could donate to name that shitty prop, and they did... this is just absolute exceptional individuals donating a lot of money to a pig for a stupid reason. It's incredibly... sad. I am trying to imagine what your life has to be like to be someone who donated money for this. Quite pitiful. But Phil offered something, and they were stupid enough to go along with it.

I have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, Phil didn't deceive his audience. But on the other hand, Phil knows very well what kind of pathetic, lonely and sad people they are. Strange situation.
There is something major to be said about how Phil's support base emerges due to statistical anomalies, and also passive manipulation from Phil due to methods of restriction, enticement, etc. But it's difficult for me to articulate so I'm probably going to fuck this up. Detractors tend to ask "where do these people come from", and "why would anyone support Phil when we know this and this about him." Phil has strong perseverance in attempting to find new ways to shift things in his favor, such as receiving more money for minimum effort. He has filters which restrict people, such as censorship, outright banning, guilt-tripping; and filters that entice such as hype generation, positive reinforcement, recognition. The point is he has a bunch of forces pushing and pulling all the time, and with a large enough sampling of people, and with enough time, and with attentive tweaking, you can shape the kind of person who is likely to show up to the stream. In a sort of indirect way, Phil formulates the kind of active participant he wants. The ones he doesn't want are pushed away, and the ones he does are drawn in. Out of 10,000 people who tune in to Phil's stream over time, you don't see the people who gave up out of boredom, out of disgust, out of sane reasoning. You are left with the weird few who weren't quite repelled enough, which is always going to happen on a large enough scale. Phil's demands are outrageous, but continuously putting out the fishing line eventually snags a fish. You think Phil's viewership show up of their own volition, and ultimately it's their choice whether they donate money to him? Yes, technically, but Phil knowingly pushes the limits of legal acceptability in a deliberate attempt to ensnare people in a trap he lays. These people didn't find him by chance, they passed through all the filters set up, and now here they are presented with what they assume is a free choice. Although surprisingly Phil's pleas make so much sense to them. It's as if Phil is speaking directly to them... as if the others don't understand, but strangely you do.

====== PlayerUnknown's Battleground ======
The first return stream of PUBG was abhorrent. From the beginning (and repeating throughout), Phil proudly states that he hates the game, and is only playing it "out of curiosity" to see if it's changed. Fair enough, for one session. But why schedule it in advance for the foreseeable future? Because, playing PUBG previously brought out a crowd of people he has never seen before, with some of them known to freely throw money his way. During Minecraft a few months ago, Phil told a story about how one guy used to show up just for his PUBG streams, and dropped "ridiculous amounts of money", but disappeared when Phil moved onto other games. Phil is attempting to recreate this situation by playing the game he hates again. I guess 172 hours wasn't enough torture. Just how transparent his greedy intentions are really got to me today. Every aspect of his stream had me disgusted. The lack of effort, the lack of shame, the pathetic bidding competition, the evil greasing of potential contributors, the boring-ass terrible gameplay.

Regarding the bidding competition to name the Halloween wax skull decoration; having something named after you is pointless for a number of reasons. For one, Phil will not remember you as the weeks progress and additional shit is named (do you believe he can keep track of them all). Phil is the only person who will refer to the object by this name - to everyone else, it will be given a standard name. Naming this object does not imbue it with any special mystical property, the object remains completely the same, nothing about it changes, only the abstract concept has been linked to it enforced only (on stream) by Phil. If you wish, you can have any item belonging to Phil named after anything you want, with you enforcing that without having to spend any money whatsoever. It is much like Phil's appreciation. Once you donate to Phil, he sends you his appreciation. What does Phil's appreciation mean? What are you meant to take away from his statement? Does it lighten your step? Does it unlock when it's mentally directed towards you? Do you radiate an orange glow that has a pleasing feeling once he gives you his appreciation? Phil's 'appreciation' is the crack cocaine of the Phil fan circle.

Dollar trolls [1] [2]
You seem angrier than usual.
I'm not here to do fucking tricks for you.
Golliwogs.
Contributions have dried up.
Can you provide clip please? I want to hear it.
Possibly a different clip than mentioned, from the PUBG stream.

====== Untitled Goose Game ======
There you go.
Drawing attention to closed Twitch accounts.
Not even a smidgen [2:13]
Weird, but good and fun.
Ignored donations [1] [2] [3] [4]
$69 not enough for even one bill.
Gift me everything next year.

I thought it was noteworthy that Phil bragged today that he can pick up a gallon of m.ilk without effort, and yesterday commenting on the lack of realism that a goose would be unable to drag a pumpkin with it's beak, when he is set to go shopping for a pumpkin with Kat later this month. I wonder if he's somewhat nervous if he will have some difficulty carrying the pumpkin.

=====================

Addressing threatening TriForce Johnson [1:28]
EU refund policy law [1:24]
I have basically spent all my money, and I have no money to pay bills again [1] [2] [3] [4]
SHUT THE FUCK UP [5:14]
Ridiculous streamer pressures.
Goodbye, I've had enough.
My entitled lifeblood [1] [2] [3]
I hate the gratuitous plugs segment [1] [2]
I basically had a sister [1:09]
Blame the shitheads [1] [2] [3] [4]

Opening flat humor.
survivesweettreat is back!
Wings cosplay for Halloween [1] [2] [3] [4]
Gin meme.
Phil no like tamagotchi.
Growing cluster of dead pixels.
I hate wearing headphones.
Nobody submitted TeeSpring artwork.
This game sucks fuck you [1] [2] [3] [4]
Clownmode [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
Goat laughs [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]
Cooking bread.

Miscellaneous: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57]
YOU.png

Attachments

Last edited: