DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

What "new" thing is Phil putting out to beg for more money?

• New loveseat (even though he's totally broke ;) )

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Green screen

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • That old chair Frogga pointed out

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Gamer chair

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Dusty ass jerseys

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Combination of 2 of the above

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Banned in 49 States

kiwifarms.net
That PUBG stream was awfull, jesus christ Dave.

This guy has so much contempt for his audience that he would rather play a game he hate and no one asked for than to play a game his audience actually want.

Reactions: PieceofShet

Cunto Shitarius

kiwifarms.net
There is something major to be said about how Phil's support base emerges due to statistical anomalies, and also passive manipulation from Phil due to methods of restriction, enticement, etc. But it's difficult for me to articulate so I'm probably going to fuck this up. Detractors tend to ask "where do these people come from", and "why would anyone support Phil when we know this and this about him." Phil has strong perseverance in attempting to find new ways to shift things in his favor, such as receiving more money for minimum effort. He has filters which restrict people, such as censorship, outright banning, guilt-tripping; and filters that entice such as hype generation, positive reinforcement, recognition. The point is he has a bunch of forces pushing and pulling all the time, and with a large enough sampling of people, and with enough time, and with attentive tweaking, you can shape the kind of person who is likely to show up to the stream. In a sort of indirect way, Phil formulates the kind of active participant he wants. The ones he doesn't want are pushed away, and the ones he does are drawn in. Out of 10,000 people who tune in to Phil's stream over time, you don't see the people who gave up out of boredom, out of disgust, out of sane reasoning. You are left with the weird few who weren't quite repelled enough, which is always going to happen on a large enough scale. Phil's demands are outrageous, but continuously putting out the fishing line eventually snags a fish. You think Phil's viewership show up of their own volition, and ultimately it's their choice whether they donate money to him? Yes, technically, but Phil knowingly pushes the limits of legal acceptability in a deliberate attempt to ensnare people in a trap he lays. These people didn't find him by chance, they passed through all the filters set up, and now here they are presented with what they assume is a free choice. Although surprisingly Phil's pleas make so much sense to them. It's as if Phil is speaking directly to them... as if the others don't understand, but strangely you do.

====== PlayerUnknown's Battleground ======
The first return stream of PUBG was abhorrent. From the beginning (and repeating throughout), Phil proudly states that he hates the game, and is only playing it "out of curiosity" to see if it's changed. Fair enough, for one session. But why schedule it in advance for the foreseeable future? Because, playing PUBG previously brought out a crowd of people he has never seen before, with some of them known to freely throw money his way. During Minecraft a few months ago, Phil told a story about how one guy used to show up just for his PUBG streams, and dropped "ridiculous amounts of money", but disappeared when Phil moved onto other games. Phil is attempting to recreate this situation by playing the game he hates again. I guess 172 hours wasn't enough torture. Just how transparent his greedy intentions are really got to me today. Every aspect of his stream had me disgusted. The lack of effort, the lack of shame, the pathetic bidding competition, the evil greasing of potential contributors, the boring-ass terrible gameplay.

Regarding the bidding competition to name the Halloween wax skull decoration; having something named after you is pointless for a number of reasons. For one, Phil will not remember you as the weeks progress and additional shit is named (do you believe he can keep track of them all). Phil is the only person who will refer to the object by this name - to everyone else, it will be given a standard name. Naming this object does not imbue it with any special mystical property, the object remains completely the same, nothing about it changes, only the abstract concept has been linked to it enforced only (on stream) by Phil. If you wish, you can have any item belonging to Phil named after anything you want, with you enforcing that without having to spend any money whatsoever. It is much like Phil's appreciation. Once you donate to Phil, he sends you his appreciation. What does Phil's appreciation mean? What are you meant to take away from his statement? Does it lighten your step? Does it unlock when it's mentally directed towards you? Do you radiate an orange glow that has a pleasing feeling once he gives you his appreciation? Phil's 'appreciation' is the crack cocaine of the Phil fan circle.

Dollar trolls [1] [2]
You seem angrier than usual.
I'm not here to do fucking tricks for you.
Golliwogs.
Contributions have dried up.

Possibly a different clip than mentioned, from the PUBG stream.

====== Untitled Goose Game ======
There you go.
Drawing attention to closed Twitch accounts.
Not even a smidgen [2:13]
Weird, but good and fun.
Ignored donations [1] [2] [3] [4]
$69 not enough for even one bill.
Gift me everything next year.

I thought it was noteworthy that Phil bragged today that he can pick up a gallon of m.ilk without effort, and yesterday commenting on the lack of realism that a goose would be unable to drag a pumpkin with it's beak, when he is set to go shopping for a pumpkin with Kat later this month. I wonder if he's somewhat nervous if he will have some difficulty carrying the pumpkin.

=====================

Addressing threatening TriForce Johnson [1:28]
EU refund policy law [1:24]
I have basically spent all my money, and I have no money to pay bills again [1] [2] [3] [4]
SHUT THE FUCK UP [5:14]
Ridiculous streamer pressures.
Goodbye, I've had enough.
My entitled lifeblood [1] [2] [3]
I hate the gratuitous plugs segment [1] [2]
I basically had a sister [1:09]
Blame the shitheads [1] [2] [3] [4]

Opening flat humor.
survivesweettreat is back!
Wings cosplay for Halloween [1] [2] [3] [4]
Gin meme.
Phil no like tamagotchi.
Growing cluster of dead pixels.
I hate wearing headphones.
Nobody submitted TeeSpring artwork.
This game sucks fuck you [1] [2] [3] [4]
Clownmode [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
Goat laughs [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]
Cooking bread.

Miscellaneous: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57]
View attachment 969210
Gonna need a chapter index for this

Reactions: mollymawk

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the Exceptional Illuminati
kiwifarms.net
The retarded tipping war at the end of the PUBG stream might have given me cancer.

But to the guy that got fucked at the end, if you read this. DJRuno got refunded at full, and Phil was scared shitless. Does't matter what he says is his law, he has to bow to Twitch rules, or PayPal even.
There are delays to near every process and with no timer in place he can get fucked.
He has pushed his time limit on tipping often in his Minecraft streams aswell.
If you were to ask for a refund or go as far as DJRuno and complain to Twitch you can message me here and I will give you the clips where he extends the scam over the time frame he set at first to get more money.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
This is one of those instances... is Phil the bad guy here? Yes it's disgusting, but I mean, there's no manipulation. He didn't lie or scam or anything like that. He said people could donate to name that shitty prop, and they did... this is just absolute exceptional individuals donating a lot of money to a pig for a stupid reason. It's incredibly... sad. I am trying to imagine what your life has to be like to be someone who donated money for this. Quite pitiful. But Phil offered something, and they were stupid enough to go along with it.

I have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, Phil didn't deceive his audience. But on the other hand, Phil knows very well what kind of pathetic, lonely and sad people they are. Strange situation.
In my opinion, it's a case of exceptional individuals being out-exceptionalized by an exceptional individual who, as usual, is walking a very thin line between what is (morally) acceptable or not on a platform like Twitch.

I personally think the most shady part is that he stops the bidding war using an imaginary clock of which only he knows the exact time of, while simultaneously being very strict in people not being able to qualify for a bid anymore once time's up. Like, a literal matter of seconds.
I mean, "4 PM" for him could still be 3:58 PM for someone else because not every single clock in the world has the same exact time. The fact that he denies bids within seconds after "closing" the auction using an invisible timer, while STILL taking the money for said bids, is really close to running a scam, in my opinion.

Let me put it like this: if you don't want to get burned for running an actual auction over the internet where people use real money, then at least make sure participants can't get fucked over and go after your ass. If you don't, you'll most likely end up with some kind of shitshow/drama at some point, and you're basically setting yourself up for chargebacks and/or issues with Twitch/PayPal/your bank.

If he'd really care about his fans/viewers, he'd make the auction more honest by:

1. having a visible clock on screen that counts down to zero
2. immediately "closing the line" once time's up so people can't spend money on something they're literally unable to get

But hey, we all know DSP: he'll bumble along, doing things half-assed until it bites him in the ass so he can scream about him being the victim and how he did nothing wrong.

-EDIT- Oh, and in case people are curious about the finances of the past two days:

Friday, DSP received over $327 in tips and around $200 in (gifted) subs and cheers, so over $525 from two streams. $240 of that total amount was raised by just four people through tips and cheers, while 11 out of 36 subs were gifted (basically a third).

Yesterday, he received around $350 in tips and at least $148 in cheers and subs during both streams in total. A staggering $246 of the $350 in tips came from four people, with survivesweettreat being responsible for $155 of that, basically two-thirds.
Survivesweettreat also takes the cake by having sent DSP $82 out of the $148 in total cheers and subs: he gifted 16 out of the 18 subs that came in during the late stream and cheered $42 out of the $75 daily total.

DSP has raised a total of over $1000 in two days (looks like somewhere around $1025), with about $675 of that in tips. Survivesweettreat on his own is responsible for roughly 25% of the total amount.

Last edited:

ReentryPhantom

It is business related, and I still own it.
kiwifarms.net
The exceptional tipping war at the end of the PUBG stream might have given me cancer.

But to the guy that got fucked at the end, if you read this. DJRuno got refunded at full, and Phil was scared shitless. Does't matter what he says is his law, he has to bow to Twitch rules, or PayPal even.
There are delays to near every process and with no timer in place he can get fucked.
He has pushed his time limit on tipping often in his Minecraft streams aswell.
If you were to ask for a refund or go as far as DJRuno and complain to Twitch you can message me here and I will give you the clips where he extends the scam over the time frame he set at first to get more money.
The guy did ask for a refund, I was able to get a hold of him. Will post an update if it succeeds.

UPDATE

Attachments

Last edited:

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You can set up Streamlabs to do two things DSP would benefit from:
  • Only show notifications after mod approval
  • Not even show the streamer the message in notifications until mod approval
In order to do this, however, DSP would need to add his moderators to Streamlabs which would give them the ability to see every tip, sub, and cheer since the beginning of his Streamlabs account and possibly farther back than that if Streamlabs imported old data from PayPal (unlikely) and Twitch.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 969306
This says "manually updated" but I think it meant "manually approved."

I'd have to look at Streamlabs to check.
even without manual approval, (and without ever touching streamlabs myself) im positive dsp could find a blacklist of words (which he could add to as needed) to block from appearing there. instead, dsp is one of those employees that will sit down and do his tasks inefficiently purely to waste time so he can look busy.

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
@SoapQueen1, per your request, here's the number of unique (as determined by userid, so it shouldn't double-count accounts with changed names) chatters during the month of September so far. For comparison, I've also included the number of unique cheerers (which I believe is by username, so it would count changed names as two different people).

Unique chatters: 4162
By the way DSP only got 737 followers in September, the least he's gotten all year.
MonthFollowers
January1986
February1235
March1717
April1733
May1411
June1364
July1229
August1055
September737
He's on task to hit 1K again this month.

Raven'sChild

Peep, peep, RAWR!!!!!!111one
kiwifarms.net

BrokeACKMountain

kiwifarms.net
In case you missed it, here's the last couple of minutes of today's stream that ended in an autistic bidding war:

God fucking damn it. We need a new name for this bullshit - a bidding war (i.e. if it were a true auction) isn't disgusting enough for what's happening here - In a traditional auction, it'd only be the winner that pays, but in this case everyone is a loser, except DSP.

I think it was the tombstone for DaChancla bidding war where the top bidder won the "auction" with a bid of $21 (roughly), but had already contributed $19 earlier on to outbid someone else (in essence, his $19 winning bid cost him $40, and DSP also got the money from the other spergs that were bidding in between). Surprised there isn't anything against ToS regarding what he's doing here. Vaguely remember this being discussed before, if I'm not mistaken...

EDIT: Pretty much exactly what @SoapQueen1 said. Going through some aged posts, so not totally up to speed :biggrin:

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because, playing PUBG previously brought out a crowd of people he has never seen before, with some of them known to freely throw money his way. During Minecraft a few months ago, Phil told a story about how one guy used to show up just for his PUBG streams, and dropped "ridiculous amounts of money", but disappeared when Phil moved onto other games. Phil is attempting to recreate this situation by playing the game he hates again.
Without saying anything further, I think Phil's gonna be disappointed in this regard.

The guy did ask for a refund, I was able to get a hold of him. Will post an update if it succeeds.
You can DM me so as to not reveal anything too personal, but how did you figure out who it was?

lolyourwrong

kiwifarms.net
This whole bit is funny to me. Phil doesn't care anymore because he was made to be afraid by a PERSONAL mail from the CEO(!) of twitch itself, then he got all deflated when nothing immediately happened.
Now, loads of people don't know how this, or any other directive becomes law. Luckily Phil has a prefect grasp on EU law and will demonstrate it with three wonderful examples of things that take a long time in the EU:

1. This copyright law
2. Brexit
3. This copyright law

Brexit isn't really something that happens in the EU but whatever, this law stuff is taking too long! Like, it's never going to be implemented! That's how long it's taking. The EU's 'Law system' is so fucked man. Like, twitch wont even exists when this shit gets implemented.
Yeah Phil, pretty dumb of the EU, making law stuff that specifically targets twitch when they know it wont even exists when it's done!
Out of delusional minds and back to reality, this directive has an implementation period of two years. Meaning that in mid 2021 this will go in effect. That's not that bad. I'm looking at a very minor national law change that was passed in july last year and came into effect march this year. That's 8 months for the most minor stuff. That makes the 2 year period seem pretty fast, considering that the directive is pretty big and that each member state has to implement the law in such a way that it is consistent across the EU.

But living stream to stream, worrying if another whale comes or not will alter your perception of time. Phil will start worrying about 2021 when he makes a schedule that includes the date 2021, and not a day sooner.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
This whole bit is funny to me. Phil doesn't care anymore because he was made to be afraid by a PERSONAL mail from the CEO(!) of twitch itself, then he got all deflated when nothing immediately happened.
Now, loads of people don't know how this, or any other directive becomes law. Luckily Phil has a prefect grasp on EU law and will demonstrate it with three wonderful examples of things that take a long time in the EU:

1. This copyright law
2. Brexit
3. This copyright law

Brexit isn't really something that happens in the EU but whatever, this law stuff is taking too long! Like, it's never going to be implemented! That's how long it's taking. The EU's 'Law system' is so fucked man. Like, twitch wont even exists when this shit gets implemented.
Yeah Phil, pretty dumb of the EU, making law stuff that specifically targets twitch when they know it wont even exists when it's done!
Out of delusional minds and back to reality, this directive has an implementation period of two years. Meaning that in mid 2021 this will go in effect. That's not that bad. I'm looking at a very minor national law change that was passed in july last year and came into effect march this year. That's 8 months for the most minor stuff. That makes the 2 year period seem pretty fast, considering that the directive is pretty big and that each member state has to implement the law in such a way that it is consistent across the EU.

But living stream to stream, worrying if another whale comes or not will alter your perception of time. Phil will start worrying about 2021 when he makes a schedule that includes the date 2021, and not a day sooner.
That he thinks Brexit is something the EU is doing is amazing. Yes Phil, the EU decided to remove one of it's own member countries, and not only that one of the most lucrative countries. The EU outlasted England, ack ack ack. Phil is the definition of an Ugly American in every way.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
In a traditional auction, it'd only be the winner that pays, but in this case everyone is a loser, except DSP.
This is what bothers me the most.

So say two sperges start a "bidding war" of $20, $21, $22, $23, $24, and $25. Now a third person comes in with a bid of $26. The $26 bid is ahead even though the other two have "donated" $66 and $69 respectively.

That, and his "overnight donations don't count towards the leaderboard" bullshit.