DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

What "new" thing is Phil putting out to beg for more money?

• New loveseat (even though he's totally broke ;) )

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Green screen

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • That old chair Frogga pointed out

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Gamer chair

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Dusty ass jerseys

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Combination of 2 of the above

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wing Zero

kiwifarms.net
I can't believe someone who has played Metroid games in the past and is the "King of Retro" could be this awful even if it's your first time playing Super Metroid. This is seriously brutal to watch.

He has to look at the controller to switch to missiles. Has trouble using morph ball. "I liked Metroid: Other M" this dude has to be trolling.
Of course the Metroid game that's universally reviled for being a shit Metroid game is the one he likes. It's Duke Nukem Forever and Sonic 06 all over again. He just loves being contrarian for the pure sake of it.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
Phil just went on a huge rant in the pre-stream and then again a couple minutes into the minecraft stream about how much he hates being called "Dave". Says that it's a "dumbfuck detractor meme that makes no logical sense"
And then he proceeded to tell everyone "I don't get triggered by it". Sure Dave, that's why you were ranting for like 20 minutes about it.

SowonNation

너무 지나쳐
kiwifarms.net
Someone named Jeffrey just tipped him $200. I’m in utter disbelief right now...the fuck do these exceptional people come from?
Sit back and enjoy the ride. No need to lose sleep over Phil and his cult to be honest.
That being said - it's probably one of his current whales who tipped using a different name. Anything to not reveal your identity, just as Phil preached it day in and day out.

Phil just went on a huge rant in the pre-stream and then again a couple minutes into the minecraft stream about how much he hates being called "Dave". Says that it's a "dumbfuck detractor meme that makes no logical sense"
It's such a non-offensive joke. It's weird to see he was self aware about jerking off onstream but a humble jab like "Dave" makes him lose his mind.

samovski

feelsoldman
kiwifarms.net
Sit back and enjoy the ride. No need to lose sleep over Phil and his cult to be honest.
That being said - it's probably one of his current whales who tipped using a different name. Anything to not reveal your identity, just as Phil preached it day in and day out.
I think this is common practise in his chat, 1 thing I wonder about is do you think they just tip anonymously or do they contact him privately to let him know they're gonna do it/have done it? I can't imagine these little victims doing this and not bragging about it somewhere, whether in his DMs or elsewhere.

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
That $200 is either from a DSP sock or it's an account belonging to one of the many people who live for the drama tween KF & DSP folks.
Or it's yet again another gay op with no real purpose but somehow involving getting mod status.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: TheKatIsNowGone

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Of course the Metroid game that's universally reviled for being a shit Metroid game is the one he likes. It's Duke Nukem Forever and Sonic 06 all over again. He just loves being contrarian for the pure sake of it.
Reminds me of Resident Evil 6. Can imagine him giving a similar speech over the Other M credits he did with RE6 was everything he wanted out of a game.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone named Jeffrey just tipped him $200. I’m in utter disbelief right now...the fuck do these exceptional people come from?
[2019-10-14 02:46:57 UTC] planetjeff2: It's planetjeff.

I think I've cracked the case. Looks like Jeff got his bimonthly paycheck.

I think this is common practise in his chat, 1 thing I wonder about is do you think they just tip anonymously or do they contact him privately to let him know they're gonna do it/have done it? I can't imagine these little victims doing this and not bragging about it somewhere, whether in his DMs or elsewhere.
Phil can see the email address associated with the tip (even if not in streamlabs, definitely in his email), so he knows who they are. He tries to play dumb, which makes no sense sometimes--planetjeff basically always tips $100-$200 in one large chunk.

Last edited:

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
[2019-10-14 02:46:57 UTC] planetjeff2: It's planetjeff.

I think I've cracked the case. Looks like Jeff got his bimonthly paycheck.
Yeah, this was pretty obvious given the tipper called himself Jeffery. Imagine what he could have gotten for that $200 instead of being pretend friends with darksydephil.

Reactions: kamekmagik
Yeah, this was pretty obvious given the tipper called himself Jeffery. Imagine what he could have gotten for that $200 instead of being pretend friends with darksydephil.
His wife must be rolling in her grave because of how much she worked only to have his retarded husband blow most of it on a loser over the internet that gives you about 5-10 seconds of attention

Dude's especially sad if he gives Phil money because he finds his content "entertaining"

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
[2019-10-14 02:53:13 UTC] survivesweettreat: there is so much fun in your mouth, it looks like your teeth are melting Pride100
[2019-10-14 02:53:28 UTC] survivesweettreat: *cum

This really reeks of tut-like behavior...specifically, giving money and basically seeing what you can get away with by virtue of giving Phil a bunch of money. So far, this person has literally been able to call Phil "greedy" without being timed or banned. No surprise that enough money can buy immunity.

Dragoonism

Es gibt keine Fakten, nur Interpretationen.
kiwifarms.net
So Phil went on a rant about how YT only puts people they like as futured content on their front page, the entire rant is in the audio file!
Some how he had read a tweet about it that was perfectly identical to how it was for him and he compared it with how his playthrough of Spider-man: Web of Shadows had gone from having millions of views and getting 25-30 000 views a month to be completly gone from YT, it was impossible to find despite being the most populare Spider-man playthroug ever!

I searched on YT and after 1 sec:
Spiderman web of shadows.jpg

Second one being the original and the first one his 2014 replay of it!

Did he get millions of views?
Spiderman web of shadows 2.jpg

No...

Attachments

kebab4you

kiwifarms.net
So Phil went on a rant about how YT only puts people they like as futured content on their front page, the entire rant is in the audio file!
Some how he had read a tweet about it that was perfectly identical to how it was for him and he compared it with how his playthrough of Spider-man: Web of Shadows had gone from having millions of views and getting 25-30 000 views a month to be completly gone from YT, it was impossible to find despite being the most populare Spider-man playthroug ever!

I searched on YT and after 1 sec:
View attachment 970395
Second one being the original and the first one his 2014 replay of it!

Did he get millions of views?
View attachment 970405
No...
If you do a general search for it its quite far down before anything related to DSP pops-up, also who is looking up playthroughs from 2008 over a decade later?
DaveTheDaveMachine.png

Dragoonism

Es gibt keine Fakten, nur Interpretationen.
kiwifarms.net
If you do a general search for it its quite far down before anything related to DSP pops-up, also who is looking up playthroughs from 2008 over a decade later?
View attachment 970412
Thats the 2014 replay, he was referring to the 2009, actually 2008, playthrough and yes it's only natural that old playthroughs falls longer down the list!
However he claimed that it was impossible to find the 2008 version!

• Informative
Reactions: kebab4you

Qi Meng Dealer

kiwifarms.net
There is something major to be said about how Phil's support base emerges due to statistical anomalies, and also passive manipulation from Phil due to methods of restriction, enticement, etc. But it's difficult for me to articulate so I'm probably going to fuck this up. Detractors tend to ask "where do these people come from", and "why would anyone support Phil when we know this and this about him." Phil has strong perseverance in attempting to find new ways to shift things in his favor, such as receiving more money for minimum effort. He has filters which restrict people, such as censorship, outright banning, guilt-tripping; and filters that entice such as hype generation, positive reinforcement, recognition. The point is he has a bunch of forces pushing and pulling all the time, and with a large enough sampling of people, and with enough time, and with attentive tweaking, you can shape the kind of person who is likely to show up to the stream. In a sort of indirect way, Phil formulates the kind of active participant he wants. The ones he doesn't want are pushed away, and the ones he does are drawn in. Out of 10,000 people who tune in to Phil's stream over time, you don't see the people who gave up out of boredom, out of disgust, out of sane reasoning. You are left with the weird few who weren't quite repelled enough, which is always going to happen on a large enough scale. Phil's demands are outrageous, but continuously putting out the fishing line eventually snags a fish. You think Phil's viewership show up of their own volition, and ultimately it's their choice whether they donate money to him? Yes, technically, but Phil knowingly pushes the limits of legal acceptability in a deliberate attempt to ensnare people in a trap he lays. These people didn't find him by chance, they passed through all the filters set up, and now here they are presented with what they assume is a free choice. Although surprisingly Phil's pleas make so much sense to them. It's as if Phil is speaking directly to them... as if the others don't understand, but strangely you do.
Great write-up. I will also add that Phil and other streamers/content creators relying on views/tips are aided greatly by the mass of insecure, lonely people on the internet seeking validation/popularity where they can, even in a scammer's Twitch channel as long as it has a lot of viewers. It's an interesting outcome of how the internet both isolates but also makes it easier for people to be "seen". I'd love to see a good documentary on this phenomenon and the depths lonely speds will go to so they'll get noticed by senpai.

flatsoda

TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION
kiwifarms.net
Two clips from tonight's (10/13/19) Minecraft No Chill, Just Beg Stream.

Philip "Darksydephil" Burnell sidesteps a tryhard troll's attempt to derail the stream into negativity.

MuscleAtrophy donated $5!
Can detractors be refereed to as an isolated circle if there are more of them than us the fans?
Anytime I see those dummies restreaming you they have like 3 to 4 times the viewers. Legion of misguided morons is more like it

"Thank you for the five dollar tip. Sadly, I'm not even going to put you on the leaderboard, because: *POINTS AT VIEWERS* that's not how we roll!"
"Your name is an insult! That is-- uh, a known detractor meme. So enjoy, my ignoring you."

The King of Hate doesn't roll with negativity. Sure, Dave. Sure.

DSP's newest paypig unwittingly baits DSP into looking even more pathetic than we assumed he was.

survivesweettreat cheered! x100
As a contributor I would to think you have a happy holiday.

"Well, in reality, my parents helped us out with this. Because, as you know, we haven't had a lot of money."
"Omahasteaks-dot-com had a special Thanksgiving spread that they were doing. At a big discounted rate. And we talked to my parents about it, and they said they would order it for us. For, like, a Thanksgiving treat."
"She made it, before she had to go to work for freakin' Thanksgiving!"
"It wasn't, 'Oh! I could roast an oven all day!' Because she couldn't be home all day! But we still had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. Hoping we could do something again like that this year! I guess we'll find out."

Jeezus.
JEEZUS!
So, first thing, this is probably the Thanksgiving dinner from Omaha Steaks, that DSP had his parents order for himself and Darksydekat:

omahasteaksthanksgiving.png

$129.00 Mail Order Turkey Dinner that serves 8 people.
That may sound extravagant for two shut-ins that were not planning on having people over for Thanksgiving Dinner. Jasper St. Jean wasn't even there yet to help eat the leftovers.
But it's at 43% discount! That's a great deal, dood!
So it sounds about right for DSPig.

I would also like to point out, that even though Darksydekat had to work that day, she was still in charge of cooking their pre-prepped Thanksgiving dinner, because DSP was too busy in his office crying poverty.
DSP couldn't be bothered to help with placing the different dishes in and out of the oven, because he was too busy doing his annual Thanksgiving Begging Stream.
And he hopes that his parents will step up and buy them something similar this year, too.

Also, as he tells us about all this, a cuck donated $200.
Yeah.