DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

Why will Kat not be on the Halloween begathon (according to Phil)?

• At work

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • At an actual social event (work-related or otherwise)

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • Scared to get dunked on again by that ni---..Tevin

Votes: 69 30.0%
  • Not actually living in the WAKhando anymore

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • It's none of your business (repeat ad nauseum while snake laughing)

Votes: 106 46.1%

• Total voters

PieceofShet

kiwifarms.net
Pretty much, yeah. These are all the videos I've made up to this point, and only one of them - the video that's not selected - has a higher outcome than it's supposed to have:

View attachment 966158

Mind you: I've checked the "surrounding" footage when creating these videos, and there weren't any cases of him deducting shit or rounding down numbers (or, in the one case, adding a tip he forgot earlier or something). He's also not very consistent in the "type" of error: it could be just $1 or $2 off, but also anything above that and even over $10. So yeah, it's kinda weird.

My theory is that he's simply not very good at multi-tasking or that he has some of dyslexia regarding numbers/calculations.

-edit- LOL. Okay, I searched for "dyslexia math" and I didn't know this was a thing, but apparently it is:

"Dyscalculia is difficulty in learning or comprehending arithmetic, such as difficulty in understanding numbers, learning how to manipulate numbers, performing mathematical calculations and learning facts in mathematics. It is sometimes informally known as "math dyslexia", though this can be misleading as it is a different condition. Dyscalculia can occur in people from across the whole IQ range, along with difficulties with time, measurement, and spatial reasoning. Estimates of the prevalence of dyscalculia range between 3 and 6% of the population. In 2015, it was established that 11% of children with dyscalculia also have ADHD.

Signs and symptons

The earliest appearance of dyscalculia is typically a deficit in the ability to know, from a brief glance and without counting, how many objects there are in a small group (see subitizing). Children as young as 5 can subitize 6 objects, especially looking at a die. However, children with dyscalculia can subitize fewer objects and even when correct take longer to identify the number than their age-matched peers. Dyscalculia often looks different at different ages. It tends to become more apparent as children get older; however, symptoms can appear as early as preschool. Common symptoms of dyscalculia are, having difficulty with mental math, trouble analyzing time and reading an analog clock, struggle with motor sequencing that involves numbers, and often they will count on their fingers when adding numbers.

Common symptoms

Dyscalculia is characterized by difficulties with common arithmetic tasks. These difficulties may include:

• Inability to comprehend financial planning or budgeting, sometimes even at a basic level; for example, estimating the cost of the items in a shopping basket or balancing a checkbook
  • Inconsistent results in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
  • Difficulty with multiplication, subtraction, addition, and division tables, mental arithmetic, etc.
  • A "warped" sense of spatial awareness, or an understanding of shapes, distance, or volume that seems more like guesswork than actual comprehension (basically all of his gameplay)
  • Difficulty with time, directions, recalling schedules, sequences of events, keeping track of time, frequently late or early
  • Ability to grasp math on a conceptual level, but an inability to put those concepts into practice
  • Difficulty with choreographed dance steps
  • Having particular difficulty mentally estimating the measurement of an object or distance (e.g., whether something is 3 or 6 meters (10 or 20 feet) away)
  • When writing, reading and recalling numbers, mistakes may occur in the areas such as: number additions, substitutions, transpositions, omissions, and reversals
  • Inability to concentrate on mentally intensive tasks
  • Mistaken recollection of names, poor name/face retrieval, may substitute names beginning with same letter."
Persistence in adults

There are very few studies of adults with dyscalculia who have had a history of it growing up, but such studies have shown that it can persist into adulthood. It can affect major parts of an adult's life. Most adults with dyscalculia have a hard time processing math at a 4th grade level. For 1st-4th grade level, many adults will know what to do for the math problem, but they will often get them wrong because of "careless errors," although they are not careless when it comes to the problem. The adults cannot process their errors on the math problems or may not even recognize that they have made these errors. Adults with dyscalculia have a tough time with directions while driving and with controlling their finances, which causes difficulties on a day-to-day basis.

:stress:

It would explain so fucking much. :story:
My mind just fucking exploded 🤓

Comma

kiwifarms.net
I don't understand his adversion to having the sub count and tip totals be automatic. I would say it's due to laziness, but he's working much harder to do manual updates.
Ah, here we go again: another MENTALLY ILL LOSER IDIOT in the chat who thinks he knows it all. You REALLY have no idea, do you!? Ack-ack-ack-ack! Ohhmygawwwd... You CLEARLY don't have a single clue about being a good streamer! It's called INTERACTIVITY, you nudnik! It gives me a chance to COMMUNICATE with my audience! COM-MU-NI-CATE! You know, what NORMAL humans do! Nuh-huh! Now stop derailing my chill and positive stream with your toxicity and FUCK OFF! Go watch that dumbass PewDiePie or something! Ack-ack!

Wurstbrot

I'm not a whiny baby
kiwifarms.net
but a few days ago he was saying that he will be fuked for a long time and he will need a long time solution.
His long term solution is long term begging and "hope for the best" (translation: Do nothing, change nothing). I can't recall a single day without begging, except his days off.
he says he has done everything to reduce livings costs but still leaves electronics on 24/7, and has netflix, hulu, wwe, psplus & god knows what other subscriptions he doesn't need
Live communicating trolls should start to criticize Phil without hyperboles or else he pokes holes in those and dismisses entire arguments, completely missing the point. I'm not sure if he does that intuitively, by accident or on purpose to whipe off the entire conversation. Might be anything at this point, his mind is stired like authentic Italian sauce, could look identical.

Last weekish he "debunked" an entire argument regarding his TV subscriptions just because the troll hasn't argued like he talks to a little child. So Phil was able to respond with a proud "I don't have THOUSANDS of subscriptions! ACK ACK ACK!" then listed 2 or 3, completely missed the point, acted like a winner, brainwashed the wheelchairs.

Yes Phil, the hyperbole's point was you have too many subscriptions. Your 2 or 3 are too many. You save money by killing them. Not everything has to be written in plain ol English. Figurative speaking, learn it. This one form, hyperbole, is the only form he uses anyway on a daily basis.

PS: I adore the math-disfunction theory

N0thingICanDo

I'm Pressing Buttons (show controller)
kiwifarms.net
I think this might be the most exceptional episode yet (I won't spoil the outcome, just watch :lol:).

DSP Tries It: basic math
View attachment 966127
I'm not trying to defend the pigroach in any mean, but I think in the past he did make some math mistakes when tallying his tips but this specific time (I was there when he did it) I feel like it is 70% due to his vision and he simply changed the wrong 2 to 3.

He is an exceptional individual, but i doubt he cant calculate 22+10, however this fucking dood is as blind as a bat (Evident from every one of his driving or FPS raw footages) and his lemon PC screen is not doing him any favor

"The car materialized from thin air and hit me, nothing I can do"
----------<NFS Most wanted playthrough>

Freshtodeath

Kwhality Khantent
kiwifarms.net
I'm starting to think his parents have been covering difference to keep him afloat last couple years. Sure the dude makes like 9k month but its clear it goes into some sort of blackhole whether that is gambling, credit card interest or whatever. Also small side note, imagine a dumbass who can't do basic math working at a helicopter support company. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: Sparkletor

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
He never experiments either.

Tevin says this about once a week when DSP brings up his ACE certification. Why can't he apply that training to his own business if he was so godly at applying it to the business he worked for in 2010?
I gave this a bit of thought on the toilet and came to one conclusion.

DSP already believes that everything he's doing is perfect.

That's one of the "problems" with narcissism; DSP is convinced that everything would be perfect if the detractors and trolls would stop fucking with him. So there's no need for HIM to change. When he says he's doing everything correctly and he's doing nothing wrong, he's telling the truth from his perspective; DSP really believes that there's nothing wrong with his streams. The reason for his low tips and viewers is because EvilAJ made him look bad and everyone then started copying EvilAJ. Also, people don't tip DSP because Tevin and LSB are illegally stealing DSP's tips.

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Therefore, instead of spending $10-20 on 1-2 months of game pass he is going to spend a full $60. Isn't this dipshit overdrawing his bank account every day?
He also refuses to watch the lower-cost Hulu subscription with ads because he's just too fucking high class for that.

AckedyACK

kiwifarms.net
I am actually wondering if, let's say DSP were to win a million-dollar lottery, he would stop begging. When you listen to the script he has been repeating for literally years now, i.e. "I am currently in the worst situation I have ever been in", "I need your help so if you can, please contribute", "I'm overdrawn" and all that, I'm wondering if he would stop considering the begging is so ingrained into him. It seems to be part of who he is now. Without it, he'd have nothing to talk about. His financial situation is pretty much the only 'interesting' thing going on in his life, and without the good old 'oh woe is me', he'd just be a scumbag human being, period. Now he has the excuse of 'Trolls fucked me over, if they hadn't put me in this financial position, I'd be the coolest dude ever, but now I can't because STRESS AND TROLLING!'.

I'm starting to believe that Phil would be a beggar no matter what, because if he wouldn't have to beg, he'd have to realize his nature and personality without negative external factors is still rotten to the very core. His begging gives him that delusion of "it's not my fault I'm a worthless sac of shit, it's because of my financial situation!".

I think an argument will be that if he were to win big somehow, he'd live as a true hermit watching WWE everyday while downing gin and getting even fatter on his shitty italian sauce, but I'm not so sure to be honest.

BrokeACKMountain

kiwifarms.net
I'm starting to think his parents have been covering difference to keep him afloat last couple years. Sure the dude makes like 9k month but its clear it goes into some sort of blackhole whether that is gambling, credit card interest or whatever. Also small side note, imagine a dumbass who can't do basic math working at a helicopter support company. That is a disaster waiting to happen.
And fired from said company. If he legitimately does have some kind of mental handicap (in regards to mental arithmetic) then he won't have realized any of the mistakes he was making. In his mind, he added up everything correctly and got fired by those shills in management for no reason.

Reactions: Sparkletor

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am actually wondering if, let's say DSP were to win a million-dollar lottery, he would stop begging. When you listen to the script he has been repeating for literally years now, i.e. "I am currently in the worst situation I have ever been in", "I need your help so if you can, please contribute", "I'm overdrawn" and all that, I'm wondering if he would stop considering the begging is so ingrained into him. It seems to be part of who he is now. Without it, he'd have nothing to talk about. His financial situation is pretty much the only 'interesting' thing going on in his life, and without the good old 'oh woe is me', he'd just be a scumbag human being, period. Now he has the excuse of 'Trolls fucked me over, if they hadn't put me in this financial position, I'd be the coolest dude ever, but now I can't because STRESS AND TROLLING!'.

I'm starting to believe that Phil would be a beggar no matter what, because if he wouldn't have to beg, he'd have to realize his nature and personality without negative external factors is still rotten to the very core. His begging gives him that delusion of "it's not my fault I'm a worthless sac of shit, it's because of my financial situation!".

I think an argument will be that if he were to win big somehow, he'd live as a true hermit watching WWE everyday while downing gin and getting even fatter on his shitty italian sauce, but I'm not so sure to be honest.
If Phil won any amount of money commonly considered to be a fortune he would quit streaming immediately and we would never hear from him so long as the well wasn't dry.

Dandelion

kiwifarms.net
It's a popular trope that for many people, if they were to win the lottery, they would revert to more-or-less their original financial circumstance in around five years. I don't know how applicable that is to the general population, but I have little doubt that Phil would fall into this category.

If Phil received a cash prize of a few million dollars, I wouldn't put it past him that he'd rear his head on the internet in a few years begging after a few houses, cars, and statues dry his bank account.

His money problems are a lifestyle, not a temporary circumstance.

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I am actually wondering if, let's say DSP were to win a million-dollar lottery, he would stop begging.
I disagree. I think he would do exactly what he did the first time he came into a lot of money. He would pay off all his debt. After taxes his million dollars (if we're being literal) would be like $670K which would basically pay off his credit cards, his condos, and his car and leave him with about $170K left over. He could go through that within one or two years.

Last edited:

lavrentiyberia

kiwifarms.net

Well, he already won a million-dollar lottery, 1·7 million to be exact. The interest from which would have been more than enough to live on in most states.

TheyCallItNPD

kiwifarms.net
Phil just described his helicopter parts job:

"They wanted you to get all your work done, but wouldn't let you have overtime, which is illegal. And they gave me a shit ton of work to do all the time. If I hadn't done all the work in 40 hours I wasn't allowed to finish it with overtime, which is bullshit. In the end they gave me a laptop and said: "Oh... here's a laptop, you can finish your work from home." So that's what I did, I'd come home and work for more hours on the laptop. Even when I was sick and couldn't come in to work, I'd spend all day working on the laptop at home.

If I didn't go to work or do a whole day of work there, the place would have completely collapsed and fallen apart."

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino