DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• January

Votes: 140 36.9%
  • February

Votes: 210 55.4%
  • March

Votes: 148 39.1%
  • April

Votes: 95 25.1%

• Total voters

Dragoonism

Es gibt keine Fakten, nur Interpretationen.
kiwifarms.net
Technically he was but he likes to exaggerate shit like they had a whole squad bust through his door pointing guns at him, like others.

He is making a paper cut like it was a deep axe wound.
Not sure having 2 officers knocking on the door can be called swatting, most likely was the idea behind them visiting, but yeah, he loves to exaggerate!

Mr.PiggyOinkOinkOink

kiwifarms.net
His new gimmick of ignoring troll tips by not even adding the money to the goal is honestly peak slime ball dark, and funny because it really only hurts his fans. I’m pretty sure these morons that give him money for bad troll attempts get their kicks with insulting names or messages they attach to the money. I really doubt any of them were climaxing with pride when he has to add the money to the tips goal.

All this shit does is really hurt his fans who have to make up the difference in the tips goal while he pockets even more money, but he knows this and doesn’t care.

This could have kick back in the long term possibly. I know I’d be pissed if a guy was asking for me to give money towards a goal and he was consistently not adding a chunk of money towards the goal simply because the people attached mean words to the money. Like imagine if he got a 20 dollar tip from a detractor and didn’t add it to the goal, If I saw that I damn sure wouldn’t feel inclined to try and make up that goal difference that he just pocketed for himself.

But eh, I’m using logic and reason, something darks fans lack

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
Welcome back to
Five random seconds with DSP.

Screenshot_20200116_054906.jpg

Delightful.

I just went in to check if he's still streaming (and maybe find an answer to why his entire WWE faction hasn't logged in for no less than 20 hours), just to be greeted by
"If you want to insult me via tips, I'll
keep the money to myself asshole" (paraphrased) as he angrily scrolls through his phone. The chat adds the usual rest.

Edit: Shoutout to mollymooaaawk? Mollymock? Uuuuh. I can't read tonight. @mollymawk! ACK ack ack, now I got it. Who just clipped it for me. Really appreciated dood, uhm. Even so clips are really slow tonight, not even lying.

Last edited:
Phil just went on a big rant about how E3 doesn't even matter. All the information comes out online anyway. The only reason it still has relevance is because of gaming journalists, but we also don't need them to cover anything anymore either. It's all pointless!

1. Phil does exactly one 'coverage' event a year, and it is for E3, an event that allegedly does not matter. But he'll hype up the stream. Probably ban you at the time if you say 'E3 does not matter'.
2. 2 years ago, Phil blasted Nintendo for saying they no longer saw value in E3 and would launch Nintendo Direct so that customers could view announcements online themselves. This was Nintendo being elitist and out of touch and it was going to screw them. Last year, he conceded that they may have been onto something. Now? Phil sees a bright future!

I'm never sure if Phil is spouting opinions he just thinks are correct, regardless of what he actually thinks, but they're certainly not in any way linked to his actions. As always.
His new gimmick of ignoring troll tips by not even adding the money to the goal is honestly peak slime ball dark, and funny because it really only hurts his fans. I’m pretty sure these morons that give him money for bad troll attempts get their kicks with insulting names or messages they attach to the money. I really doubt any of them were climaxing with pride when he has to add the money to the tips goal.

All this shit does is really hurt his fans who have to make up the difference in the tips goal while he pockets even more money, but he knows this and doesn’t care.

This could have kick back in the long term possibly. I know I’d be pissed if a guy was asking for me to give money towards a goal and he was consistently not adding a chunk of money towards the goal simply because the people attached mean words to the money. Like imagine if he got a 20 dollar tip from a detractor and didn’t add it to the goal, If I saw that I damn sure wouldn’t feel inclined to try and make up that goal difference that he just pocketed for himself.

But eh, I’m using logic and reason, something darks fans lack
I really enjoyed DSP's "playthrough" of Knights of the Old Republic during his Christmas stream. Really demonstrated how all it takes is being mildly tipsy for him to lash out at his own viewers. And of course, throughout the Christmas stream he calls people dumb for voting for Red Dead Redemption 2.
If you want a less specific example of how DSP has no respect or sense of camaraderie with his own fanbase, you could just watch any of his end of stream talking segments where he does anime facepalms rather than try and banter with their questions.

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net

Comma

kiwifarms.net
(copying this quote from the mobile game(s) thread)
You got a rough idea of how much is not being counted tonight?

He didn't add $21.01 to the total, to be precise. So he actually received $127.01 instead of the $106 he put down on the leaderboard.

Fun fact: the single biggest tip he forgot to add - accidentally, as opposed to knowingly ignoring - was $10 from a stream regular (jerkstore_, a Wings of Redemption troll). Trolls were on a roll during the stream anyway: in total, they gave DSP $33 in tips, and that's with giving some borderline bait tips the benefit of the doubt of not being troll tips.

While I'm at it, I'll give a short rundown of what the revenue looked like of said stream, just to show the madness of it all:

- trolls gave DSP 26% of the total tips during the stream ($33 out of $127.01)
- trolls and the main paypig of the night (Bryan_Whitaker0 with $62) combined were responsible for a whopping ~75% of the total tips
- just three people were responsible for ~82.7% of the total tips
- DSP's total haul for the night was $189 in just under two hours; 14 subs (of which 7 were gifted, 5 by Bryan_Whitaker0) = $35, and at least $26.73 in bits

Oh, and I don't condone people doing chargebacks, but his story of him always winning those has changed into 'The results are hit or miss. Most of the time I win, every once and a while I don't':

Last edited:

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
(copying this quote from the mobile game(s) thread)

He didn't add $21.01 to the total, to be precise. So he actually received $127.01 instead of the $106 he put down on the leaderboard.

Fun fact: the single biggest tip he forgot to add - accidentally, as opposed to knowingly ignoring - was $10 from a stream regular (jerkstore_, a Wings of Redemption troll). Trolls were on a roll during the stream anyway: in total, they gave DSP $33 in tips, and that's with giving some borderline bait tips the benefit of the doubt of not being troll tips.

While I'm at it, I'll give a short rundown of what the revenue looked like of said stream, just to show the madness of it all:

- trolls gave DSP 26% of the total tips during the stream ($33 out of $127.01)
- trolls and the main paypig of the night (Bryan_Whitaker0 with $62) combined were responsible for a whopping ~75% of the total tips
- just three people were responsible for ~82.7% of the total tips
- DSP's total haul for the night was $189 in just under two hours; 14 subs (of which 7 were gifted, 5 by Bryan_Whitaker0) = $35, and at least $26.73 in bits

Oh, and I don't condone people doing chargebacks, but his story of him always winning those has changed into 'The results are hit or miss. Most of the time I win, every once and a while I don't':
there was a period where he transitioned to announcing the troll tips but not reading or acknowledging their names, this little bit of extra effort was probably due to losing chargeback claims

now he is just ignoring them, so my guess is he's losing more than he wants everyone to think

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
There shouldn't be any stalling if there's literally a guide in his lap. If he wanted chat to handhold him with 50 bitch ears he shouldn't have brought it up and flashed it on the camera and prove how much of a hoarder he is to have a physical strategy guide from nearly 30 years ago
There's a mature adult strategy guide joke in here somewhere but I'm not touching it with a 30 foot pole of yours?

If Dave doesn't aknowledge troll tips and doesn't put them on the leaderboard, wouldn't that make chargebacks of tips easier because the tipper didn't get the "promised" shoutout?
No, because he says in prestream he's not required to do anything in response to any contribution but does do it as a form of extra recognition on his own volition.

Also if you're committing financial fraud through paypal to get a rise out of DSP, you're the lolcow in the situation, and a criminal. Same for attempted SWATings, it reflects worse on the :stupid: perpetrators than it ever will Phil but you can't talk an autist out of signing up for a dimensional merge that will never happen I've learned here, so I don't want to waste page lines over those that won't ever get the memo.

I almost sure this bolded quote has some qualifier attached to it, like the chargebacks he loses are ones he let's slip through the cracks due to mass appeals against them or something like that. "I win the ones I challenge, there's so many sometimes I forget to challenge them all because I don't get every $1 dispute processed due to not having enough time," or something like that along those lines.

darkwingosonichugorl

kiwifarms.net
Must Phil always say that everything is hard work? Spending months fighting chargebacks is really Phil lets them sit there for 3 months until he's forced to give the money back. The only difficult part for Phil is that he has to avoid getting his Paypal account in the negatives after chargebacks and spending everything on Doink the Clown cards.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pig must be pretty mad about something today. Probably got some money successfully recharged or something. Or he had to eat more potatoes and got salty over it.