DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• January

Votes: 140 35.1%
  • February

Votes: 214 53.6%
  • March

Votes: 165 41.4%
  • April

Votes: 104 26.1%

• Total voters

Schrödinger's Kat

kiwifarms.net
With all these big tips, looks like Phil can finally pay to have his taxes done and can cancel the upcoming fundraiser...

Not.

Phil can't save money for shit, which is why he scheduled the fundraiser for the last day of the month. All of these big tips will be spent by sunrise. And he'll have nothing to show for it. Khet can have some flowers picked from his HOA common area for Valentine's Day. Never mind tomorrow isn't his day off, he can't go outside. And Phil has that Valentine's pay2win event to attend between streams.

Also, the more of these high tip days Phil gets, the more he's gonna get accustomed to it. And the more likely he'll spend even harder on his WWE Champions, just feeding his addiction. His growing, gluttonous addiction. This is a bad thing. For him, at least. If you give a pig a tip he'll want a glass of gin... you get the idea.

This increased income also jeopardizes his bankruptcy especially if he gets ordered into Chapter 13, where he'll be on a payment plan based on his income. The more he makes, the more he has to pay.

But guys, he needs more tips, he really does. They are the best way to help him out. Sounds good?

N0thingICanDo

I'm Pressing Buttons (show controller)
kiwifarms.net

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
With all these big tips, looks like Phil can finally pay to have his taxes done and can cancel the upcoming fundraiser...

Not.

Phil can't save money for shit, which is why he scheduled the fundraiser for the last day of the month. All of these big tips will be spent by sunrise. And he'll have nothing to show for it. Khet can have some flowers picked from his HOA common area for Valentine's Day. Never mind tomorrow isn't his day off, he can't go outside. And Phil has that Valentine's pay2win event to attend between streams.

Also, the more of these high tip days Phil gets, the more he's gonna get accustomed to it. And the more likely he'll spend even harder on his WWE Champions, just feeding his addiction. His growing, gluttonous addiction. This is a bad thing. For him, at least. If you give a pig a tip he'll want a glass of gin... you get the idea.

This increased income also jeopardizes his bankruptcy especially if he gets ordered into Chapter 13, where he'll be on a payment plan based on his income. The more he makes, the more he has to pay.

But guys, he needs more tips, he really does. They are the best way to help him out. Sounds good?
Notice how there is no x/$1250 goal on screen. Something tells me that won't show up until the 29th and may be rounded up so an even $2k at least. Not one tip counts towards these taxes until the day he decides they do and even then it's questionable. It works though. Whatever their justification his fans come through most of the time it's Phil who uses the cash on what he wants to instead of what he needs to.

gaarashatan

kiwifarms.net

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
Does he actually think anyone that does taxes are just going to drop their other clients - ones not trying to go bankruptcy - to do his taxes last minute during their busiest season? Especially when he's playing the my taxes are more complicated than an international company card? I fully expect him to try and ask for an extension thinking it will get him off the hook in having to provide it to the court.

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
It's just a save import bonus. Some of the most expensive upgrades are ~65k apiece. It's not that big an advantage, especially in a game that isn't hard at all outside of Insanity difficulty, which I'm sure he's not playing on.
Nope, you are correct. Normal is the setting, special armor upgrades will not be employed so as not to overcompensate. Wouldn't an 'evil' character just buff themselves to OP combat levels by any means available so as to really become an intergalactic scourge though? If you're going to gimmick play the game, commit to the character you're portraying, I say.

He also needs tons and tons of mineral resources to actually make them, which means lots of planet scanning, the notoriously most boring part of the game. We're not talking hours and hours worth but if he wants everything he'll need to spend some time in every system, which is great in a game in which the narrative suggests you're under time constraints.
Think the same bonus cache dump gave him a bunch of those too he said yesterday when they hit his inventory and he didn't know they were auto added to his character's haul?

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Think the same bonus cache dump gave him a bunch of those too he said yesterday when they hit his inventory and he didn't know they were auto added to his character's haul?
It does, but it'd only be enough to barely cover everything available before he does Priority: Horizon (essentially the end of the first third of the game), and that's assuming he does everything available to him before that point and misses no pickups.

Anyone know if he's doing the DLC?

If it wasn't already apparent from my forum avatar, this is one of my favourite things about Philbert. Might need to spend today looking up all the examples of DopplegangerSydePhils he's made over the years.
To be fair, no game designer in the world would want to put in resources that’d let you create an avatar that looks as miserable as Phil.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
If it wasn't already apparent from my forum avatar, this is one of my favourite things about Philbert. Might need to spend today looking up all the examples of DopplegangerSydePhils he's made over the years.
Make a thread. Share!

Edit: ninja'd by 20 minutes and I didn't even notice. I'll hang my head in shame. Whatever I still want to see all the fakesydephils.