DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• April

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • May

Votes: 135 40.5%
  • June

Votes: 123 36.9%
  • July

Votes: 58 17.4%
  • How many begathons will be held (choose 1)?

Votes: 50 15.0%

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 102 30.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 67 20.1%
  • 5+

Votes: 99 29.7%

• Total voters

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
You know, I'm starting to wonder. And maybe this has been discussed already, but is it possible that the reason Phil's Chapter 7 went through is because a large portion of his tips are charged back, and that was shown in his PayPal statements, making his net income low enough to qualify?

That would certainly help explain a lot, the bankruptcy outcome, the vest streak, the constant pissy mood. Of course Phil could never admit to it or risk even worse troll tipping.
he got away with chapter 7 because he claimed taxes as a monthly expense, plus $5,000 in business expenses, and $5,000 personal expenses

he lied just enough to come in under the threshold for the income to qualify for chapter 7

as we all know, he doesn't pay his taxes until he sets up a payment plan, and his business/perosnal expenses are nowhere near $10,000

Gramh

Sega 3DS System: Fronting Sonichu
kiwifarms.net
he got away with chapter 7 because he claimed taxes as a monthly expense, plus $5,000 in business expenses, and $5,000 personal expenses

he lied just enough to come in under the threshold for the income to qualify for chapter 7

as we all know, he doesn't pay his taxes until he sets up a payment plan, and his business/perosnal expenses are nowhere near $10,000
My favorite, outside of the inexplicable 5K+ business expenses, was the $600 grocery bill. A family of 5 barely puts that much food down a month, I don't know why Nancy didn't call that out knowing there was only 2 people on that bill.

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net
My favorite, outside of the inexplicable 5K+ business expenses, was the $600 grocery bill. A family of 5 barely puts that much food down a month, I don't know why Nancy didn't call that out knowing there was only 2 people on that bill.
Viewing past condo tours with a peek inside his refrigerator, he doesn't have an expensive taste in foods. $600/month seems unreasonable. But on the other hand, he showed he does stock his fridge with a lot of "mixers" for drinks. I would venture a guess that part of that $600/month on groceries includes his "liquid groceries" he buys at the liquor store.

Based on what I found last December, I estimate his home goes through at least two bottles of booze a week.

EmpGulcasa

Why can't people just be normal?
kiwifarms.net
Remember that no matter how much of an attitude he may have on stream, he's almost assuredly a huge pushover whenever it comes to his wife, and I'm sure she does everything she can to ignore his streamer side. Made easy because he locks himself in his tiny kingdom all day and never interacts with her or even his cat while he streams.

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
Y

You reminded me of something,someone posted a video here of Phil playing mario sunshine and he wants to look around a wall in the game and he is moving is head from one side to the other as if he cloud look around the wall in the game by moving his head,its so fucking exceptional its hilarious,pls if the person that posted that can repost it so I save it for posterity I would appreciate it.
He does it here Timestamped @ 7m40s

TeeDee1622

kiwifarms.net
Viewing past condo tours with a peek inside his refrigerator, he doesn't have an expensive taste in foods. $600/month seems unreasonable. But on the other hand, he showed he does stock his fridge with a lot of "mixers" for drinks. I would venture a guess that part of that $600/month on groceries includes his "liquid groceries" he buys at the liquor store.

Based on what I found last December, I estimate his home goes through at least two bottles of booze a week.
I’m not sure how I’ve not found this out myself but how does everyone know that he drinks gin often? I admittedly don’t watch his actual stream and mostly watch TIHYDP’s because I think they’re funny. I can’t remember him ever mentioning gin but I see everyone talking about how he drinks a ton. I of course trust that you guys have done you homework and are correct but I’m just wondering how y’all know about his gin consumption?

Reactions: mollymawk

Draventren

kiwifarms.net
I watched the LSB restream of the first Daymare stream today and for all the garbage he said during the stream, something stood out to me. Someone asked about if he's ever been scared during a game, and he started talking about how he was only scared once during RE1 when the dogs break through the window, and that he doesn't really get scared at things like movies or games so much.

I've said something like this before, but I think that more and more pieces start falling into place to prove me right. I think Phil is too dumb to understand what makes things scary. His one example of being scared is a scene that involves loud noises, sudden movement, and aggressive animals. That's the horror that stuck with him.

This isn't going to turn into a "you need a really high IQ" rant, but this has made me think about the things myself and other people find scary compared to Darksy. I think Phil genuinely isn't scared by a lot of the horror game he plays because he can't comprehend weighty concepts. He strikes me as the kind of guy who doesn't find the Exorcist or The Thing scary because he misses the point entirely. I think this is reflected during his streams when he plays horror games because when the elements of really horrific stuff hits him, he just sort of blankly says what is happening, and then hiss or goat laughs.

Maybe too dumb isn't the right words. Too shallow. Can't think beyond the immediate. As shown by his spending habits, we know he doesn't have a good concept of long-term thinking or value of things. I think he genuinely lacks the depth of thought to appreciate anything. Not just horror, but anything. Guy probably doesn't laugh at something if the laugh track doesn't play, or the people (Kat and Jasper) he's watching with don't laugh either.

The irony to me is that the inability to be affected on an emotional level by anything could make for a pretty weighty horror story in my opinoin.

Gramh

Sega 3DS System: Fronting Sonichu
kiwifarms.net
I watched the LSB restream of the first Daymare stream today and for all the garbage he said during the stream, something stood out to me. Someone asked about if he's ever been scared during a game, and he started talking about how he was only scared once during RE1 when the dogs break through the window, and that he doesn't really get scared at things like movies or games so much.

I've said something like this before, but I think that more and more pieces start falling into place to prove me right. I think Phil is too dumb to understand what makes things scary. His one example of being scared is a scene that involves loud noises, sudden movement, and aggressive animals. That's the horror that stuck with him.

This isn't going to turn into a "you need a really high IQ" rant, but this has made me think about the things myself and other people find scary compared to Darksy. I think Phil genuinely isn't scared by a lot of the horror game he plays because he can't comprehend weighty concepts. He strikes me as the kind of guy who doesn't find the Exorcist or The Thing scary because he misses the point entirely. I think this is reflected during his streams when he plays horror games because when the elements of really horrific stuff hits him, he just sort of blankly says what is happening, and then hiss or goat laughs.

Maybe too dumb isn't the right words. Too shallow. Can't think beyond the immediate. As shown by his spending habits, we know he doesn't have a good concept of long-term thinking or value of things. I think he genuinely lacks the depth of thought to appreciate anything. Not just horror, but anything. Guy probably doesn't laugh at something if the laugh track doesn't play, or the people (Kat and Jasper) he's watching with don't laugh either.

The irony to me is that the inability to be affected on an emotional level by anything could make for a pretty weighty horror story in my opinoin.
I haven't gotten around to it myself, but I've seen some reviews on it and it would be a fascinating case study to watch DSP play Pathologic 1 or 2. It's so heavy with theme, story, and a general feeling of existential dread put into a videogame that only a Russian developer could make and it would probably all go right over his head and he'd be angry that he can't just button mash through it.

Genie The Hedgehog

The Blackest of Mages
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

So basically, people like Pig are why horror has been ruined by shit like Paranormal Activity where something moves suddenly and they play a loud scary noise for a few seconds.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net

I get what you're saying but I think stuff like Dogs bursting through the window is more of a startling thing.

Any sort of actual horror element he rarely seems to dive into. Take P.T. for example, a game that absolutely terrified me. What happened when anything happens on screen? He acts like a clown and never really immerse himself into it because he diffuses any sort of tension with his garbage commentary or goat laughs.

Just a flexing thing and take what he says with a grain of salt. He likes to pretend he's a big macho boy who aint afraid of no ghosts.

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net
I’m not sure how I’ve not found this out myself but how does everyone know that he drinks gin often? I admittedly don’t watch his actual stream and mostly watch TIHYDP’s because I think they’re funny. I can’t remember him ever mentioning gin but I see everyone talking about how he drinks a ton. I of course trust that you guys have done you homework and are correct but I’m just wondering how y’all know about his gin consumption?
In one of his Connecticut condo tours he shows of his fully stocked liquor cabinet.

In one of his staycations, his shows off the hotel room. He has brought along two handles (3 liters) of tanqueray gin.

In another staycation video he shows a bottle a tanqueray in a dresser drawer.

In a Washington condo tour video he shows his shopping list on the refrigerator. The first item, and written larger than the others, is "GIN".

Leanna once bitched on social media about how Phil made her walk to the store to buy him gin.

In a restaurant review, Leanna remarked how Phil had several $14 gin drinks.

Phil has posted gin pics on his Instagram.

I'd just chalk it up to him being childish and not allowing himself to get immersed into any story because that's "cringey stuff".
Remember Phil is a true contrarian who always has to feel like he's the smartest person in the room so he has to show off how "mature" he is.
He's also just generally very resistant to showing genuine emotional responses to anything (unless he can profit off of it ala crocodile tears). We're supposed to sit back and think "Wow, Phil isn't phased by anything! He's so cool!"

Cistern Rumbler

Festering Vomitous Mass
kiwifarms.net
Video game jumpscares are the only thing that can penetrate his lean in bans/burps and babymode commentary that essentially diarrhea shits all over any game's plot. Yeah he's a dumb ass but the main reason he isn't scared by horror plots that attempt to instill deep visceral fear is because he's too busy clowning it up to even absorb any of the story.

Edit: lol somewhat ninja'd by @EmpGulcasa