DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• April

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • May

Votes: 138 35.3%
  • June

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • July

Votes: 83 21.2%
  • How many begathons will be held (choose 1)?

Votes: 62 15.9%

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 114 29.2%
  • 3-4

Votes: 80 20.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 118 30.2%

• Total voters

Full Race Replay

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget that he's trying to inject himself into Dr. Disrespect's shit, because he loves taking shots at anyone who won't fight back.
WHat I hope is that Dr. Disrespect will somehow move to a different career, like directing or screen-writing or something, and will have the ultimate victory over Phil by not being trapped by streaming for all his life, just like all the other content-creators who Phil says he "outlasted" on youtube

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
I've never seen any segment of Phil's "work" that ever looked like he was genuinely enjoying the content he was experiencing.
Before his shtreeming and youtube shit became his full time real adult jahb, and he was doing his shitty camera-pointed-at-the-TV bit, he seemed to enjoy playing and talking shit about whatever he was playing. It was when he began to actually make money doing it that gaming became the rock to Phil's Sisyphus. He has to push that rock up twitch mountain perpetually to pay da bills or buy sweaty pec pngs.

Edit to avoid double post:

Apparently he was whining about his taxes. Didn't IRS extend deadline because of covid? he's had months to prepare his taxes lol.
They pushed it back to July 15th.

Gramh

Sega 3DS System: Fronting Sonichu
kiwifarms.net
Before his shtreeming and youtube shit became his full time real adult jahb, and he was doing his shitty camera-pointed-at-the-TV bit, he seemed to enjoy playing and talking shit about whatever he was playing. It was when he began to actually make money doing it that gaming became the rock to Phil's Sisyphus. He has to push that rock up twitch mountain perpetually to pay da bills or buy sweaty pec pngs.
Even then he seemed to more enjoy his vitriolic humor rather than the game he was playing, seeing as how he didn't seem to give any basic mechanics attention. He went from being a sort of "Can you believe those stupid nerds like this game? Hah fuckwit nigger lovers!" to someone's grandpa reminiscing about how things were better back in his day as he plays these new fangled vidya.

TheGoutburglar

kiwifarms.net
Apparently he was whining about his taxes. Didn't IRS extend deadline because of covid? he's had months to prepare his taxes lol.
No amount of time given to Phil, to do ANYTHING, is ever going to result in him being prepared.

Though with taxes specifically, his stupidity and willingness to lie about literally anything make it impossible to tell if he really is dumb enough to be taken by surprise by tax season, or is just relying upon it for begathon material. But either one makes him a pigroach, so whatever.

The thing that keeps me going in all these anticlimactic arcs is how much DSP fucking hates playing games.
I think it's more that Phil hates doing ANYTHING that can be construed as work. If he could just sit and play gacha all day while his parents send him all the money he could ever need, he would gladly do that instead of literally anything else. The asshole is THAT allergic to the mere idea of earning a living.

Even then he seemed to more enjoy his vitriolic humor rather than the game he was playing, seeing as how he didn't seem to give any basic mechanics attention. He went from being a sort of "Can you believe those stupid nerds like this game? Hah fuckwit nigger lovers!" to someone's grandpa reminiscing about how things were better back in his day as he plays these new fangled vidya.
Given that the change in his attitude towards gaming coincides nicely with his decision to bite his tongue, you probably hit the nail right on the head. He didn't like paying games, he liked shit-talking in the one situation where it wouldn't have the slightest consequences. I've noticed something he used to do quite a lot in old videos is tell NPCs to STFU. Not the obnoxious ones that everyone hates, either. ANYONE talking, Phil would yell at them, or make some kind of insulting remark. Why? Because they're not going to talk back. That's what he loved, that's the only thing he loves besides gacha: being an asshole. He spent years not being able to fulfill that need because he's too chickenshit, then the internet came along and finally he could be the walking contradiction that he is: a dick and a pussy at the same time.

Here Comes Mongo

Only pawn, in game of life
kiwifarms.net
His dad was a Marine "for a while?" Could just be Phil being a weirdo who doesn't understand how normal people communicate, but I've never heard "for a while" added to the description of someone's military service.
More often than not, someone's military service is what their character, reputation, and identity is based off of. Not just a "yeah, I dabbled in the Air Force for a while" like it was a six-month job in a field you decided wasn't for you.

DZoomer

kiwifarms.net
What do you guys think is the single most disrespectful thing Phil's ever done to his fans?

I'm not sure if I think it's this "give me money as early as possible" rant he's recently had, or if it was the Jasper reveal. Both are ridiculous and I'm amazed at people sticking with Phil after they happened.

But maybe an oldfag has some other case that I don't know of.

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What do you guys think is the single most disrespectful thing Phil's ever done to his fans?

I'm not sure if I think it's this "give me money as early as possible" rant he's recently had, or if it was the Jasper reveal. Both are ridiculous and I'm amazed at people sticking with Phil after they happened.

Project 7. It was without doubt his longest-term grift and despite all his promises when all was said and done it was obvious that at best he gave up on the idea long before he "cancelled" it (and just never said anything) or more or less never intended to work on it at all (and never said anything). Add in the additional scamming of the people he actually pulled in to work on it with him and you've got one for the ages.

Runner-up mentions to literally any Patron's Choice nonsense he's ever done. Take your pick, as I don't think he's ever once completed anything without huge amounts of bellyaching or conditions, and those are the ones he actually finished.

ETA: also, going public with Leanna's hospital trip. Yes, it was primarily disrespectful to her but he also dragged anyone who watched that stream into his shitty personal life for dahllers when nobody asked beyond "hey, is Panda okay?".

Last edited:

Any time Phil puts down the controller and says “Alright, we’re just gonna sit here until someone tells me what to do.”
It’s YOUR fault the gameplay is stalled, nudnik!
I’d also like to bring up Phil stringing along Papavera, pretending he cared about Minecraft, only to drop it for an indefinite amount of time, just to forget everything he’s “learned”.
EDIT: Same as above but with the people who tried to teach him how to play Morrowind

Last edited:

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net

Honorable mention to Phil's year of depression after Leanna left. He was all alone. He was posting pics of microwave meals on Instagram. He got hit with the back taxes he never paid and had multiple fundraisers to Save the House. Emerald7 came out of nowhere and donated $12,000 to Phil. Then Phil revealed he was dating Kat the whole time. He wasn't alone, he was texting Kat every day. The money that was supposed to save the house went for flying her across the country. The money that he raised for taxes never actually went to pay his taxes.

Gramh

Sega 3DS System: Fronting Sonichu
kiwifarms.net

For me it will always be his RE3Remake of literally throwing down his controller and telling his audience he won't play one more second of the game till someone gives him the solution to the boss fight (several people tried before this, he was waiting for a monetary donation to come through).

Given that the change in his attitude towards gaming coincides nicely with his decision to bite his tongue, you probably hit the nail right on the head. He didn't like paying games, he liked shit-talking in the one situation where it wouldn't have the slightest consequences. I've noticed something he used to do quite a lot in old videos is tell NPCs to STFU. Not the obnoxious ones that everyone hates, either. ANYONE talking, Phil would yell at them, or make some kind of insulting remark. Why? Because they're not going to talk back. That's what he loved, that's the only thing he loves besides gacha: being an asshole. He spent years not being able to fulfill that need because he's too chickenshit, then the internet came along and finally he could be the walking contradiction that he is: a dick and a pussy at the same time.
He has evolved this process of shit-talking to now include anyone he can dunk on from his stream chat and ban, and taking shots at bigger internet celebs than himself knowing they don't have the time nor inclination to waste time on his small time ass. It was kinda funny the one time he called out a composer for Apex that someone posted earlier that took a shot back at him and probably lead DSP to an oh shit moment.

TheGoutburglar

kiwifarms.net
Wow... these answers...

I actually feel bad acting like Phil is being particularly scummy right now, because holy shit has he been so much worse, apparently.

Fucker has NO morals whatsoever.

EDIT: I knew about the hospital trip and heard things about Project 7, but not enough details on the latter, and what @Sparkletor 2.0 said adds details to a story that really changes my perspective on it.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
DSP has now officially moved from "Please tip me" to "Tip me now". Demanding people sending you money isn't enough anymore for this money vacuum, no, he now also sets the rules for the exact time you should send it to him. As if his usual begging going on for years now hasn't been ridiculous enough, this is getting exceptional beyond words and I can't believe Twitch as a platform is allowing this blatantly inappropriate, scummy behavior.

Clip:

As you could hear, he also blamed his viewers for being "overwhelming" by talking about the vest too much.

Vest word count pigpiggo_65p.png

Absolutely fucking amazing.

-EDIT- Some quick math: he mentioned the vest 1338 times in May. May has 31 days, but let's subtract 4 of his days off from that = 27 days. His early stream usually is 5 hours and 45 minutes, but he doesn't talk during that time for about one hour (30 minutes of music + around 30 minutes of his "break") = 4 hours and 45 minutes. The late stream usually goes on for roughly 2 hours.

So that makes 6,75 hours per day of talking while streaming * 27 days = 182,25 hours of talking while streaming in that month. 1338 mentions of the vest divided by 182,25 = mentioning the vest 7.3 times PER HOUR, which is once every 8 minutes.

-EDIT2- Of course "SilentBob" answered the call.

SilentBob tip me sooner rather than later whale call answered.png

Followed by long-time paypig Shaokonartist87:

Shaokonartist87 tip me sooner rather than later whale call answered.png

You literally have zero self-esteem if you give this man money after what he just did.

Last edited: