DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

When will the begathon(s) for federal taxes happen (Up to 2 choices)?

• April

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • May

Votes: 138 35.3%
  • June

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • July

Votes: 83 21.2%
  • How many begathons will be held (choose 1)?

Votes: 62 15.9%

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 114 29.2%
  • 3-4

Votes: 80 20.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 118 30.2%

• Total voters

Jaracainofthewind

kiwifarms.net
His dad was a Marine "for a while?" Could just be Phil being a weirdo who doesn't understand how normal people communicate, but I've never heard "for a while" added to the description of someone's military service.
Pardon the power level, and he really is lying. Because the only time I've ever heard that was my Dad. Who was sent home from basic with the excuse of a lot of medical issues, and someone wondering how he even got in.

And it's maybe the most personally irking thing about DSP. I've woken up to my Dad lying on the couch saying he sat down and couldn't get up again because of his arthritis. Then telling me he's going to work at noon, and he'd appreciate it if I brought him a bowl of cereal while I was making one. Me and my grandfather going out to take care of horses with a broken shoulder and cancer respectively. And this jack ass can't work with a sniffle. And work is playing video games. Then the nigga pleads poor. Like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

Full Race Replay

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
kiwifarms.net
DSP has now officially moved from "Please tip me" to "Tip me now". Demanding people sending you money isn't enough anymore for this money vacuum, no, he now also sets the rules for the exact time you should send it to him. As if his usual begging going on for years now hasn't been ridiculous enough, this is getting exceptional beyond words and I can't believe Twitch as a platform is allowing this blatantly inappropriate, scummy behavior.

Clip:

View attachment 1417003

As you could hear, he also blamed his viewers for being "overwhelming" by talking about the vest too much.

View attachment 1417013

Absolutely fucking amazing.
What a bitch, but this doesn't really change my opinion of Phil, mostly because it was already rock-bottom, as much as it does for his fans. anyone who is still donating to phil's choosy begging is god-forsaken and is hopeless.

DZoomer

kiwifarms.net
DSP has now officially moved from "Please tip me" to "Tip me now". Demanding people sending you money isn't enough anymore for this money vacuum, no, he now also sets the rules for the exact time you should send it to him. As if his usual begging going on for years now hasn't been ridiculous enough, this is getting exceptional beyond words and I can't believe Twitch as a platform is allowing this blatantly inappropriate, scummy behavior.

Clip:

View attachment 1417003

As you could hear, he also blamed his viewers for being "overwhelming" by talking about the vest too much.

View attachment 1417013

Absolutely fucking amazing.
Jesus, this is peak entitlement. He doesn't even treat it like a reward anymore, it's more like a certainty that his piggies will give him money. Disgusting.

Satoi

kiwifarms.net
Translation: Tip me sooner rather than later so I can put on the vest and officially stop trying to be entertaining in any way whatsoever.

DZoomer

kiwifarms.net
What a bitch, but this doesn't really change my opinion of Phil, mostly because it was already rock-bottom, as much as it does for his fans. anyone who is still donating to phil's choosy begging is god-forsaken and is hopeless.
Yeah, to be honest Phil has already shown what a disgusting person he is with this vest streak. The problem is in his piggies who reward his behavior.

Reactions: Full Race Replay

Gramh

Sega 3DS System: Fronting Sonichu
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, to be honest Phil has already shown what a disgusting person he is with this vest streak. The problem is in his piggies who reward his behavior.
The lowest moment today is when someone cheered to tell DSP what he thought was a game secret that DSP had already found, then cheered again to apologize for wasting DSP's time and in true pig fashion DSP pardoned this lowly worm for his transgression.

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
heard things about Project 7, but not enough details
Project 7 was basically "MST3K but video games" except instead of being made by a handful of erudite Minnesotan sperglords it'd be made by...well, Phil. So you can imagine what sort of humor it was meant to have, and that it was a thiny-veiled ego project as well, since the framing story was Phil having his "gamer skills" taken away from him by some malevolent force (called "Deathface", iirc, a clip of which often appears in 0utsyder's THIYDPs) and in order to get them back he'd need to...either play shitty games as assigned to him by DF, who served as the role of the 'Mads from MST, or retrain himself with the help of his buddies John and Howard, who (in a narrative slip I don't think Phil even noticed) played the same essential role as the two 'bots built by Joel from scrap.

How poetic.

If the setup seems vague it's because all we know about it came from Phil's usual DPRK-ish sources and a handful of "trailers" he released without having ever released an actual episode. The first "bad" game he was meant to play was never even annoucned, though from hints Phil dropped it was more or less confirmed to be Final Fantasy 7 (Project 7, geddit?!), which means Phil was planning either to edit 30-40 hours of gameplay with commentary down to a digestible size or that P7 would follow the same format as his playthroughs at the time. Either way the concept was laughable.

"But how does this make it a grift?" you ask. Well after he brought it back from hiatus for the first time for months Phil's Patreon rewards revolved around Project 7, as did the goals thereof. Phil needed a new camera. Phil needed a green screen. Phil needed time off to be able to work on shooting. And the more financial support he got the more he could put into...whatever this abortion was meant to be. Unfortunately he never delivered on any of the promised content except the aforementioned trailers, and after releasing the final one he waited a month before declaring it dead once and for all. Without refunding a cent, of course.

And that wasn't all! Phil's co-creators and collaborators, John Rambo and Howard, received nothing for their input. The group he enlisted to edit the episodes (and who also edited his trailers), RespectthePact, also received nothing. Phil made nothing, asked for everything, and pocketed every cent for himself.

And if that doesn't sound like the perfect nutshell encompassing his entire life, well, I don't know what would.

Iamfrigide

kiwifarms.net
What inspires the loyalty of his audience? Is it to Phil himself? The underdog status? Just being contrarian? What Phil represents?
I have to wonder if many of them are there because they just sort of fell through the cracks. That Phil is some sort of catchall at the bottom of the streaming service colander. I can't help but feel like a lot of these people would happily go elsewhere if they were just gently shown that there are better options. You know, like we do with battered housewives, neglected children, etc.
Being mildly autistic myself (sorry), I've tried to endure this guy's stream. The only one thing I can ever fixate on is the repetition, he's in stasis. He could start streaming old videos, instead of actually sitting on the couch that is slowly sucking the life out of him, and it would either be met with happy autistic people or not even noticed.
I don't believe in karma and all that mystical stuff, but whatever God Phil cries out to when he climaxes seems to be making sure that he manages to survive whatever gets thrown at him. Might be time to convert.
Can we sign him up to have Jehova's Witnesses and Morman missionaries visit at least twice a week? Maybe suggest there is a soul worth saving in Renton? Is that a thing?

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
(Timestamp 19:33)

Apparently he's done this multiple times over the years, too.
And despite the number of times Phil has trotted out his little gamer factoid from some headline he read he still has no idea that Doki Doki Panic actually began it's development cycle as a Super Mario sequel. One main idea for it's development was they wanted to have 2 characters on-screen at the same time, for example both Mario and Luigi, in these scrolling platform levels but they couldn't get it to work with the current technical limitations so they shelved the project.
What ended up being Super Mario 2 in Japan began development after that, and was working with an upgraded version of the original Super Mario engine rather than an entirely new one like the shelved project.
Later FujiTV wanted to present a themed platforming game release so they just finished the shelved project with FujiTV themed characters and called it Yumi Kojo: Doki Doki Panic.
Also the part he loves to say the most about how 'Those arrogant Japanese thought Super Mario 2 was TOO DIFFICULT for pathetic Americans' is also a misinterpretation. The video game market in America was underperforming at the time and they didn't want a game that was difficult and potentially frustrating to be identified with their flagship brand, so the decision was made to re-skin Doki Doki Panic as Super Mario 2 for the international market. The Japanese considered Super Mario 2 more challenging as well.
Due to how popular Super Mario 2/Doki Doki Panic re-skin was in the international market it was re-released in Japan as 'Super Mario USA'. It wasn't just some one-off that was shit out for the stupid Americans and then abandoned and ignored like Phil likes to pretend.

In short, everything Phil says about Super Mario 2/Doki Doki Panic is wrong because Phil is a click-bait headline quoting boomer and always has been. With 2 minutes of research you will know more about Super Mario 2/Doki Doki Panic than Phil.
WHat I hope is that Dr. Disrespect will somehow move to a different career, like directing or screen-writing or something, and will have the ultimate victory over Phil by not being trapped by streaming for all his life, just like all the other content-creators who Phil says he "outlasted" on youtube
He already has that over Phil. He had a successful career working as a video game level designer. He streamed on the side for fun and when his streaming career really started to take off he transitioned to that full-time and started putting much more effort into it.

Last edited:

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
Apparently he was whining about his taxes. Didn't IRS extend deadline because of covid? he's had months to prepare his taxes lol.
Don't forget, he had to have the taxes done for the bankruptcy because Nancy wanted them and she was looking for them on the 341 call and he said he had just given the information to a 'tax attorney' so they are done.
What do you guys think is the single most disrespectful thing Phil's ever done to his fans?
Stream on the internet

harbinger

DarksydePhallus
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1413980
Is that for fucking real?
That doesn't even make sense if you believe life begins at conception. Apples aren't sentient and never become sentient, they're delicious containers for seeds, and you don't eat the seeds, so... what the fuck?
And so are babies, if you look at them in the right light.
Looks like a product of forbidden love buttfucked into existence by Walter from Big Lebowski and current day Steven Seagal.
By this do you mean Philip looks like a pile of loose stool mixed with blood, semen, and bowel cancer?

Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack love Fraggle Rock
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently he was whining about his taxes. Didn't IRS extend deadline because of covid? he's had months to prepare his taxes lol.
DSP has had his 2019 taxes completed by his "tax attorney/tax guy" since March as it was required for his bankruptcy. DSP has known for months what he owes but, as usual, that is future DSP's problem to worry about. Present DSP is burning through the tip money.

DSP threw out July 15th as the date he would have an update because it sounded far away back in March. My guess is that he will have an update on July 15th that his tax attorney heard back from the IRS (remember according to DSP logic, the IRS is shut down until July, despite processing the corona relief payments and tax refunds) and they are CRAZY behind and won't be able to give him an update until September. That will buy him more time.

Phil's end game is to get his wheelchairs to forget about his vest streak earnings so he can beg for taxes.

Last edited:

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
it'll be interesting to see how hard he begs during the upcoming tax saga

every previous episode was full begging to put his tax plan "down payment" on credit cards-then pay $500 a month with the same credit cards

I wonder if they will increase his minimum payment considering his bill is gonma increase by another $20,000