DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

What "new" thing is Phil putting out to beg for more money?

• New loveseat (even though he's totally broke ;) )

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Green screen

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • That old chair Frogga pointed out

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Gamer chair

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Dusty ass jerseys

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Combination of 2 of the above

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack love Fraggle Rock
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is he seriously admitting to watching playthroughs of a game he's in the middle of? As if people aren't going to figure out the real reason he's doing so? As if people don't ALREADY think he looks ahead and lies about it?
During a prestream before TLOU2 last week, he brought up a discussion about things you can do with only three fingers, which told me he knows the ending of the game.

Alotta peepul miss the fact that Phil schedules how long he will play a game from the beginning. I had long speculated this ever since he made stalling central to his gameplay. He let the Jasper out of the bag during a prestream before his ME:2 gameplay where he said he scheduled the game to take a month to beat and it did.

If people think that DSP happened to get to the infamous no-lube tranny sex scene during a night stream, you would be mistaken. DSP wanted to hit that part of the game during the evening so less people would tune in to see his puritan response.

PutridElephant

Lazy automated restreamer
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if anyone has seen this before, but Phil is a registered republican.
Also he has not updated his registration since the move (he's not on the Washington state voter rolls)
You gotta vote on what is going to watch on the retrospective! It behooves you to vote on the viewers choice game!

But when it comes to the important stuff, it's too hard because he needs to leave his loveseat and people harp on it too much so he's going to refuse to do it.

imagine hating the gameplay of DMCV, not even putting it on a game of the year list, and then turning around and saying "the last of us 2 has the best gameplay of this generation"

what a fat fuck.
It’s because he can’t form an opinion for himself and just parrots what others love.

He also doesn’t actually want to play a game, he’d rather play a boring walking sim that’s trying to be Oscar bait with its story, and DMC5 was about as far in the other direction from that as possible.

JimiHendrix

The best jazz player around.
kiwifarms.net
It’s because he can’t form an opinion for himself and just parrots what others love.

He also doesn’t actually want to play a game, he’d rather play a boring walking sim that’s trying to be Oscar bait with its story, and DMC5 was about as far in the other direction from that as possible.

It's not that exactly. It's that Phil is essentially a child, all he wants is for you to jingle keys infront of his face and tell him he's doing a good job.

If there's nothing BUT excellent gameplay that requires skill. He's going to hate it. But on the far opposite, if there's no gameplay at all, he has complained about that too. What he wants is shallow/meaningless gameplay that he can succeed at with minimal effort. I've held this belief for a few years and now that we have a thread that's 221 pages long of Phil playing exactly what I just described, I'm pretty happy with my theory.

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I agree with qualifications, because he seems to do it infrequently. Sometimes he'll tow the line. Other times he'll be a contrarian shithead. And for the life of me I still can't reliably predict which one he'll go with or why. Sometimes I think I've got it nailed just for him to do a u-turn, but it seems like if he thinks he's going to take heat from progs or might get cancelled he'll play it safe but if the only shit he'll take might come from his viewers then he's all too happy to bend over and show his ass, which just goes to show that Phil is more afraid of, and therefore has more respect for, people who might hypothetically target him than the people who sign his paychecks every month.

A Phil supporter is lower on the evolutionary scale than a paramecium, and is deserving of all the mockery in the world.

JimiHendrix

The best jazz player around.
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes I think I've got it nailed just for him to do a u-turn

In my ten years of watching Phil, here is my professional opinion. He will fuck up. He will. But trying to predict how is pointless. No one could've predicted he'd get stuck in a fucking Graveyard in Bayonetta for 10 full minutes.

Look at Sekiro, everyone in chat and on here was just "i cant wait until he gets to Sword Saint, Isshin is going to blow his pig ass up"

And what happened? He got to sword saint and wrecked it. Because he clearly knew the expectations and looked it up beforehand. But the Ninja in the water way? No one was predicted that to give him trouble, no one even mentioned it. And what happened? He got his ass beat for like 43 straight minutes. He will always fuck up. But don't bother predicting how. He's like one of them quantum atoms, changes his behavior depending on if he's observed or not. Only in this case it's on what you think he'll fail on.

It's not that exactly. It's that Phil is essentially a child, all he wants is for you to jingle keys infront of his face and tell him he's doing a good job.

If there's nothing BUT excellent gameplay that requires skill. He's going to hate it. But on the far opposite, if there's no gameplay at all, he has complained about that too. What he wants is shallow/meaningless gameplay that he can succeed at with minimal effort. I've held this belief for a few years and now that we have a thread that's 221 pages long of Phil playing exactly what I just described, I'm pretty happy with my theory.
It still boggles my mind how he absolutely despises Kingdom Hearts, partially for its simple gameplay, yet enjoyed other button-mashers like FF7R. His opinion ultimately depends on whatever emotions he's currently feeling, and how much hype is circulating behind the game, particularly whatever he feels will bring him more money. Suddenly pretending to care about SpongeBob, for example.

TheGoutburglar

The only good pigroach is a salty one.
kiwifarms.net
During a prestream before TLOU2 last week, he brought up a discussion about things you can do with only three fingers, which told me he knows the ending of the game.

Alotta peepul miss the fact that Phil schedules how long he will play a game from the beginning. I had long speculated this ever since he made stalling central to his gameplay. He let the Jasper out of the bag during a prestream before his ME:2 gameplay where he said he scheduled the game to take a month to beat and it did.

If people think that DSP happened to get to the infamous no-lube tranny sex scene during a night stream, you would be mistaken. DSP wanted to hit that part of the game during the evening so less people would tune in to see his puritan response.

Figures that the one thing he would put effort into would be in the interest of preserving his autistic schedule, appeasing his insecurities, and generally being a fake motherfucker.

In my ten years of watching Phil, here is my professional opinion. He will fuck up. He will. But trying to predict how is pointless. No one could've predicted he'd get stuck in a fucking Graveyard in Bayonetta for 10 full minutes.

Look at Sekiro, everyone in chat and on here was just "i cant wait until he gets to Sword Saint, Isshin is going to blow his pig ass up"

And what happened? He got to sword saint and wrecked it. Because he clearly knew the expectations and looked it up beforehand. But the Ninja in the water way? No one was predicted that to give him trouble, no one even mentioned it. And what happened? He got his ass beat for like 43 straight minutes. He will always fuck up. But don't bother predicting how. He's like one of them quantum atoms, changes his behavior depending on if he's observed or not. Only in this case it's on what you think he'll fail on.

This is true. His DKC playthroughs are full of fuck ups both foreseeable and unforeseeable. Failing to jump over Zingers? Being unable to water skip with Kiddy? Not doing a very good job floating with Dixie? That I expected. But not realizing that you can't grab a rope and hold a barrel at the same time? Not knowing how to toss your partner? Taking ten minutes to figure out how Koin works? Failing the first banana bird cave, which is literally Simon Says? Only Phil can surprise you like that.

The look on his face when he fucked up that first banana bird cave was priceless. He had no absolutely no comprehension of what had just occurred. None.

Last edited:

Skyclaw

British Wanker
kiwifarms.net
God imagine being 40 and watching someone else’s let’s play with your wife. I love that we still never get a name to these phantom content creators. It’s not uncommon at all for YouTube people to acknowledge other people’s work.

it must be killing him though to have to sit through other people’s videos. There was a time where he did nothing but shit on YouTube and everyone on it, then suddenly a year or so into his marriage and he’s watching other YouTubers for fun? Yikes

I'm sorry best gameplay/world design of a generation? Fallout 4 has better gameplay and world design and thats saying something

Lolidaki

kiwifarms.net
Remember the time he played Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled and called the devs hacks for not updating the game for modern audiences to enjoy? Jesus H. Christ this fucking guy.
That's what I was thinking, he's said countless times something to the tune of "don't you think they would update this in *current year*/for a modren release?" Even for literal HD remasters. It's a very common dsp-ism when he's failing at older games.

TheGoutburglar

The only good pigroach is a salty one.
kiwifarms.net
That's what I was thinking, he's said countless times something to the tune of "don't you think they would update this in *current year*/for a modren release?" Even for literal HD remasters. It's a very common dsp-ism when he's failing at older games.

One of many reasons why I'll never believe him when he declares himself a long-time gamer. He clearly didn't touch anything but fighting games until about 12 years ago.

Draventren

kiwifarms.net
Oh I'm aware that whenever he plays an older game he always bitches about how it's not like games made today and how much of that is on display with remasters of any kind. I just can't think of a time where he's been so blatantly hypocritical about it. Maybe I'm the retard (very possible) because I just sort of think when people say something over and over again for years unironically and vehemently that it's something they actually think.

Fuck this is giving me a headache.

• Feels
Reactions: Nurse Ratchet

Nurse Ratchet

Has anybody seen my tambourine?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You guys are warming my cold black hollow 💓 tonight with all the conjecture surrounding rationale/logic/consistency/informed decision/reading comprehension & any relation these things might have to a political affiliation that this sobby mongoloid once purported to be on paper. 🤣

Once you're bringing any of those elements into the equation, you're already pinning shit on this dude that is waaaaay over & above his intellectual pay grade.

"Ahhm just sayyin.."

E; Derps

Last edited:

Cistern Rumbler

just here for the lols
kiwifarms.net
You guys are warming my cold black hollow 💓 tonight with all the conjecture surrounding rationale/logic/consistency/informed decision/reading comprehension & any relation these things might have to a political affiliation that this sobby mongoloid once purported to be on paper. 🤣

Once you're bringing any of those elements into the equation, you're already pinning shit on this dude that is waaaaay over & above his intellectual pay grade.

"Ahhm just sayyin.."

I said it's selfism. Not sure what you mean exactly.