Dave Hopkins - Furry Rape Fetishist

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
Well it looks like someone got on the patreon train....

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=376709&ty=h

The Ren and Stimpy music is a nice touch.

Also:

ac8303ba18a6cb641c0640304719b76f.png

Oh, Dave, you card.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
"Gimme money so you can look at sloppily-drawn pictures which are coloured with felt-tip pens and have outlines that are too thick"
This makes me wonder something, does he ever sketch out his art? I'm not talking about the inherent "style" here, I'm talking about actually doing some sketches before he makes the final product. Because it really doesn't look like he does any of that. Much less use a pencil for any of his stuff.

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
This makes me wonder something, does he ever sketch out his art? I'm not talking about the inherent "style" here, I'm talking about actually doing some sketches before he makes the final product. Because it really doesn't look like he does any of that. Much less use a pencil for any of his stuff.

I doubt it. He seems like he never got farther than doing the kind of "make shit up as you go along and just draw pages straight ahead" approach that I did in high school.

He does at least write scripts, but I've never seen any thumbnails or alternate sketches for panels.

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff

NobleGreyHorse

This thing here is called a custom title.
Simply artistically amazing, how he changes "and that one's a coon" to "and there's a tycoon," a pretty obsolete word that tells us we're supposed to weep a little tear for "the 1%" who totally go to rock concerts to stand around in general admission. (Yet he has no problem using the slur in "the queens and the coons and the Reds and the Jews," which remains unchanged a little later.)

Absolutely clever, how he has a trial spectator shout, "Hey, Judge! Shit on him!" which now makes no sense. Without the "law is an ass" cartoon from the movie, because Dave can't resist drawing all of his self-inserts at once instead (Drip is now Dave's mother, in a very Mr. Garrison way, I assume), the "urge to defecate" thing isn't underlined and is just flailing around in space.

And of course, having the Dave-as-cartoonist self-insert naked from the beginning takes absolutely all of the punch out of "exposed before your peers." He's been exposed, and in fact raped in a previous chapter. By himself, so it's not like he should suffer the contempt he saves for actual rape victims everywhere else in his entire body of work! But he's merely sentenced to get MOAR NEKKID.

I think we're supposed to see clever irony in the uses of the word "human" for all these Tiny Toons. It's even emphasized by font in the prosecutor's speech bubble (and I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful he didn't hand-letter this shit except for the bricks). But in the hands of maestro Dave, it just becomes a "wut" moment. He didn't even drag poor old Kane onstage.

I never thought this was Floyd's greatest album, marred as it is by Roger Waters' self-pity. But even that doesn't deserve this drip's self-pity piled on top of it along with all these unfair bricks of unfairness, including one prominently visible above Dave's head in the final panels that says "rapist." If the shoe fits, hairball.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
It's sad really, all this effort (and yes, I am using that word unironically here) wasted on nothing more than an masturbatory ego trip of self-pittance and "grief".

Crying shame it is.

cluelessly

not great, not terrible
I feel like that comic might even be aesthetically pleasing if he knew how to reign himself in. I get exaggerating features and etc for stylistic impact, but everything is exaggerated to the point of the pages being too cluttered to really process what's going on. Especially in the panels with a bunch of characters included, they blend together into an Akira blob.

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
Also, does anybody else think it's weird that as often as Dave draws dicks, he never seems to draw balls? Like the dicks just hang there limply down from the crotch with no visible balls behind them.

What do you have against balls, Dave?

AnOminous

there ain't no turning back
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
Also, does anybody else think it's weird that as often as Dave draws dicks, he never seems to draw balls? Like the dicks just hang there limply down from the crotch with no visible balls behind them.

What do you have against balls, Dave?

Just think. You are the person who noticed this.

All the things that could be noticed about this. . .this whatever it is. This bizarre attempt to hijack the neurosis of Roger Waters to defend his. . .whatever he's defending. I really don't know at this point.

But what you noticed was balls.

Balls balls balls.

Why?