Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net
I'll be almost exclusively running Doc for the next week or so just to get rid of all my good add-ons before they ruin his only redeeming feature.
I should have done the same with Nurse before they heavily nerfed her, I used to play red rank with Nurse without add-ons because she was so good. Now she's more dependent on add-ons than any other killer to function at red rank.

• Feels
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of when Legion was "re-worked" I.E. nerfed into the fucking ground. I used up every single one of my Ebony and Ivory Mori's and my 40+ Frank's Mixtape add-ons. Every other match had at least one ragequit from Survivors. No regrets. Fuck Behaviour.

• Feels
Reactions: BriannaWoo

BriannaWoo

Semi-pro Politician (going Pro in a few seasons).
kiwifarms.net
I'm probably being cynical but I'd imagine the fact that a fair % of killer mains will now buy the Plague DLC to get Corrupt Intervention could have played a part in this decision.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm probably being cynical but I'd imagine the fact that a fair % of killer mains will now buy the Plague DLC to get Corrupt Intervention could have played a part in this decision.
It also could be the reason why Freddy was massively buffed in his re-work. You can't buy licensed characters with Shards after all.

• Agree
Reactions: Colloid

Colloid

kiwifarms.net
This pretty much confirms that the devs don’t actually play their own game, or at least not killer. Doc’s always been weak, he doesn’t deserve this shit. They’re also morons for not seeing Ruin as a symptom of a bigger problem; that problem being there’s not enough survivor objectives and typical games go too fast when the survs know what they’re doing. I still have no regrets ditching this game last year and look forward to Bhvr continuing this sort of tomfuckery. It’s hilarious.

• Agree

K. V. Bones

No idea what I'm doing.
kiwifarms.net
Hold on I havent played in awhile. Did they nerf my boy doc? They better not have. I literally climbed out with doc just going full apeshit on survivors with 2 gen delay perks, and fuckin Michael's attack speed obsession, along with the one that gives wallhacks for like 5 seconds.

Colloid

kiwifarms.net
Hold on I havent played in awhile. Did they nerf my boy doc? They better not have. I literally climbed out with doc just going full apeshit on survivors with 2 gen delay perks, and fuckin Michael's attack speed obsession, along with the one that gives wallhacks for like 5 seconds.
I wouldn’t be surprised if most of this balance patch stemmed from some amateur dev getting shredded by an impossible skillchecks doc, despite the build not even being that bad if you can hit small skillchecks (which you will get good at eventually thanks to excess ruin use), and then whining about it to the rest of the team. I honestly don’t know how else anyone with experience in this game (let alone someone getting paid for their time) could look at Doc and go, “Yeah, that’s too strong. He needs a nerf.” It’s baffling.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
. I honestly don’t know how else anyone with experience in this game (let alone someone getting paid for their time) could look at Doc and go, “Yeah, that’s too strong. He needs a nerf.” It’s baffling.
Someone who doesn't care.

• Feels
Reactions: Colloid

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn’t be surprised if most of this balance patch stemmed from some amateur dev getting shredded by an impossible skillchecks doc, despite the build not even being that bad if you can hit small skillchecks (which you will get good at eventually thanks to excess ruin use), and then whining about it to the rest of the team. I honestly don’t know how else anyone with experience in this game (let alone someone getting paid for their time) could look at Doc and go, “Yeah, that’s too strong. He needs a nerf.” It’s baffling.
Have you seen them play? Nearly all of them are on the same level as these new survivors. No wonder they support these pathetic killer nerfs and this doctor "rework". Instead of fixing maps, various bugs, killer add-ons, gen speeds, and adding a much more in depth practice mode/tutorial, they'd rather just nerf a major perk needed for higher ranks for the majority of killers and the killers instead. The only positives are the new Theatre and they made Oni slighty better for turning.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played it myself but the Doctor rework actually looks good? Maybe it's Survivors not knowing how to counter him? Because on paper, the cool down after zapping people seems horrible but I've seen Otz use Doctor and it looks fine. His secondary power that sends a shockwave through a good chunk of the map will have multiple applications: find the Make Your Choice target, use it with BBQ to see if they're hiding near the hook, and locate the final guy when the hatch is available.

The revised Lery's looks amazing. All their other exceptional design choices are exceptional still.

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
I haven't played it myself but the Doctor rework actually looks good? Maybe it's Survivors not knowing how to counter him? Because on paper, the cool down after zapping people seems horrible but I've seen Otz use Doctor and it looks fine. His secondary power that sends a shockwave through a good chunk of the map will have multiple applications: find the Make Your Choice target, use it with BBQ to see if they're hiding near the hook, and locate the final guy when the hatch is available.

The revised Lery's looks amazing. All their other exceptional design choices are exceptional still.
I'll see if I can have time to play it tomorrow after work. From what I've seen many newbies are still gonna hate going against doctor

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Corrupt Intervention will have greater synergy with the Doctor. Because then you can't just hide and wait for it to go away because he'll just find your ass.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also heard confirmation that the cool down for attacking after zapping a Survivor will be reduced.

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
Apparently Monto played against people who worked at Behavior. They play as well as you expect. Anyway I only played survivor on a friend's account today and I'll playing killer tomorrow. Most of them have been running Ruin, Distressing, Surveillance, Whispers, Overcharge,and Unnerving Presence builds. Reverse skill checks are pretty easy once you've seen them like 3 times. It's easy to tell the difference between field vs blast through sound. Also, the chase music also makes hard to hear the terror radius at times. Reworked Lery's looks like something from an actual horror game that's the best thing about it along with Oni's flick back.

Blanche is an Art Director
NicolasLQ is a Q and A tester
Not sure about AFernandes
AlPoirier is a [3D?] artist.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That guy is a faggot. Played him multiple times and he bitches out and liked to ragequit when I mori him. His fans are cancer too.

• Informative
Reactions: Pop-Tart

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
LeaksByDaylight is reporting that the next Killer will be the fabled Smasher.

DrW5HW9.png

fr09B3s.png

Note the power "BreakableWall."

Early in the game's development the devs mentioned designing a killer that could break walls but that idea was put on the backburner. The theory right now is that this killer can destroy window vaults. It all depends on what environments are destructable (destroying the vault in the Killer Shack including all the garbage loop spots in the Autowreckers, MacMillan Estate, Coldwind Farms, and a little-known cancer called Haddonfield would be outstanding.

This makes sense because you notice that the last two Killer re-works have emphasized shutting down looping. Giving Freddy Snares to counter it and the new Doctor is way better at shutting it down. This also fills me with the hope that the Leatherface re-work will just let my dude destroy the goddamn pallets without Survivors throwing them down. They could nerf the chainsaw a little bit, give it deep wound status or whatever gay shit, but just being able to remove fucking pallets would be outstanding... Not unless they give Survivors a perk that allows them to build pallets out of thin air...

I'm going to assume that the power will be limited in that either (A) it will take so long to build up that you could only break 2-3 spots tops or (B) certain spots like in the Killer Shack cannot be broken (which kind of defeats the purpose of the power) OR (C) you can break window vaults temporarily like 30 seconds to a minute or two so as to prevent you from breaking 2-3 cancer spots and it's business as usual.

Last edited:

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
Played Doctor a few rounds today. His overall static blast ability is great and is practically a tier up. His range on his static field is boosted but not really noticeable. Since they said that cool down from static field will be reduce he'll be able to hit survivors. His ability has been buffed overall but the madness effects the survivors face nerf it since you can't cause exhaustion and reverse skill checks won't be a problem for ok survivors. I checked out Dark Devotion on Doctor and hit the obsession and the static blast bounces off the obsession instead. The static blast actually sends it off the obsession instead and will stay. 3 gen doctor strat can work better (once they get rid of the 3 second cooldown). Of course the gen rushers came in destroy ruin before I could reach it and finished the gens in less than 3 minutes 40 seconds despite being constantly shocked. He's better at finding survivors especially with Whispers and funner to use and still has his anti-loop ability, but the madness effects ultimately nullify the buff in my opinion. He's going to be even more annoying to the newbie survivors with his add-ons that add more madness from static blast.

I tried Ruin and Surveillance with multiple killers today:
  • Oni can run it and use it well if you can actually hit survivors in the beginning and he has a 90 degree hard cap and flat out slugging works.
  • Freddy definitely can make great use of it with Dying light and his slow down add-ons.
  • I tried it with Wraith on medium and larger maps and he can use it with his cloaked speed addons but you need nemesis and play with your food to down survivors and chase them off gens.
  • Nurse, Spirit, and Billy definitely can and need no explanation.
We all know which killers are just going to show up in red and purple. Every other killer is seriously hurt by the new ruin, especially those with no map pressure (except maybe Huntress if you're lucky and playing against potato survivors). The latest ruin lasted for me was 20 seconds after the 4 gen was finished and the game was practically over by then for them.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Played Doctor a few rounds today. His overall static blast ability is great and is practically a tier up. His range on his static field is boosted but not really noticeable. Since they said that cool down from static field will be reduce he'll be able to hit survivors. His ability has been buffed overall but the madness effects the survivors face nerf it since you can't cause exhaustion and reverse skill checks won't be a problem for ok survivors. I checked out Dark Devotion on Doctor and hit the obsession and the static blast bounces off the obsession instead. The static blast actually sends it off the obsession instead and will stay. 3 gen doctor strat can work better (once they get rid of the 3 second cooldown). Of course the gen rushers came in destroy ruin before I could reach it and finished the gens in less than 3 minutes 40 seconds despite being constantly shocked. He's better at finding survivors especially with Whispers and funner to use and still has his anti-loop ability, but the madness effects ultimately nullify the buff in my opinion. He's going to be even more annoying to the newbie survivors with his add-ons that add more madness from static blast.

I tried Ruin and Surveillance with multiple killers today:
  • Oni can run it and use it well if you can actually hit survivors in the beginning and he has a 90 degree hard cap and flat out slugging works.
  • Freddy definitely can make great use of it with Dying light and his slow down add-ons.
  • I tried it with Wraith on medium and larger maps and he can use it with his cloaked speed addons but you need nemesis and play with your food to down survivors and chase them off gens.
  • Nurse, Spirit, and Billy definitely can and need no explanation.
We all know which killers are just going to show up in red and purple. Every other killer is seriously hurt by the new ruin, especially those with no map pressure (except maybe Huntress if you're lucky and playing against potato survivors). The latest ruin lasted for me was 20 seconds after the 4 gen was finished and the game was practically over by then for them.
I live and die by Corrupt Intervention. Use it on all my dudes. It has great synergy with Killers with map control. I don't see nerfed Ruin worth using over other more effective gen slow down perks that can't be easily countered by RNG.

Next time you play a streamer who bitchily reports you, remember they are literally whiny twinks like this: http://www.twitch.tv/andyrw?sr=a

I'm sure his pink little butthole puckered right now and he doesn't even know fresh cock is on the way!
It's this weird thing I noticed with Survivor Mains/Streamers. They're either extremely gay or they're SJW types (there's a reason why I use "faggot" so much in this thread). I'm not exaggerating, these are your typical soy boy stereotypes who love saying "yikes" and "who hurt you" as much as they want. And they usually use this Dwight cosmetic:

5fe68767-e15b-49d5-960d-7ef237c21349.png

And they're Hillary supporters. I know this from going through their post history on Reddit. These are your typical "Drumpf is a Russian asset!" exceptional individuals. I notice little in the way of autism with Killer mains.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Pop-Tart
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino