Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

Rise of the Goutforce
kiwifarms.net
I live and die by Corrupt Intervention. Use it on all my dudes. It has great synergy with Killers with map control. I don't see nerfed Ruin worth using over other more effective gen slow down perks that can't be easily countered by RNG.

It's this weird thing I noticed with Survivor Mains/Streamers. They're either extremely gay or they're SJW types (there's a reason why I use "faggot" so much in this thread). I'm not exaggerating, these are your typical soy boy stereotypes who love saying "yikes" and "who hurt you" as much as they want. And they usually use this Dwight cosmetic:

View attachment 1091698
And they're Hillary supporters. I know this from going through their post history on Reddit. These are your typical "Drumpf is a Russian asset!" exceptional individuals. I notice little in the way of autism with Killer mains.
Andy likes to say "uhhhh cringe" alot. There's something about the way he speaks that no matter what he says he's punchable.

Reactions: BrunoMattei

BriannaWoo

Semi-pro Politician (going Pro in a few seasons).
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's because I'm not in the US but most survivors I play against are from the poorer European countries like Spain, Portugal or Greece. Can make for fun end game chats.

• Thunk-Provoking

PumpkinSpiceBitchMeringue

I will never expire, my thots
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reading this has been a wild ride. I admit that I'm not a very good "gamer" in sense of not having good skills or coordination, but having the devs break their own game to make the thing easier for just me is so asenine. How can these people be happy with themselves by playing a game that spoond-feeds them? It's like being entertained by answering Dora the Explorer's puzzles on TV.

This game had picked my interest since it was announced but I wasn't up to date on anything until now, and I must say, it sucks to hear that most of you played this, enjoyed it only to get screwed over by incompetent devs and whiny noobs.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's because I'm not in the US but most survivors I play against are from the poorer European countries like Spain, Portugal or Greece. Can make for fun end game chats.
So no Brazilians or Russians that spam "GG EZ!"?

Reading this has been a wild ride. I admit that I'm not a very good "gamer" in sense of not having good skills or coordination, but having the devs break their own game to make the thing easier for just me is so asenine. How can these people be happy with themselves by playing a game that spoond-feeds them? It's like being entertained by answering Dora the Explorer's puzzles on TV.
The Survivor side of the community is very bizarre and doesn't coalesce with any other game community I've seen. They will not back down from their autism and are vehementally against actually balancing the game (which requires either Survivor nerfs, Killer buffs, or complete map overhauls and slowing down the gen progress).

This game had picked my interest since it was announced but I wasn't up to date on anything until now, and I must say, it sucks to hear that most of you played this, enjoyed it only to get screwed over by incompetent devs and whiny noobs.
I'd be lying if I said that it isn't fun to play. But the problems are the balance, being forced to use a handful of Killers at high rank, and especially the grind to get QOL perks. If you're going to play the game without a minimum of 1-2 effective gen slow-down perks you're going to have a bad a time. That's just a fact. A fact the devs willingly ignore.

Last edited:

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net

Some people just want easy games and wins for some reason and the devs rather tell the killers to get good instead of making the game balanced and add a far better tutorial for beginners to understand. Unfortunately, since most players tend to be survivors, they cater to them more especially with cosmetics. Wish they would also fix the console versions as well since frame rate and precision is bad along with the Switch version missing Leatherface and Freddy.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some people just want easy games and wins for some reason and the devs rather tell the killers to get good instead of making the game balanced and add a far better tutorial for beginners to understand. Unfortunately, since most players tend to be survivors, they cater to them more especially with cosmetics. Wish they would also fix the console versions as well since frame rate and precision is bad along with the Switch version missing Leatherface and Freddy.
Switch version added Leatherface a few weeks ago. Freddy is still MIA on Switch and the Windows Store version.

Switch port also runs from 15-20 FPS.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In the case of Puppers, they actually look like that Dwight cosmetic as well
Like I said, soy boys. Absolute soy boys. One of them even told me that they live rent free inside my brain and the tard was being 100% genuine. This was over his terrible opinion that "NOED counters Adrenaline!" When it doesn't.... Not unless you downed a guy, you're right next to him, Adrenaline kicks in, and you hit them again.

Last edited:

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
Switch version added Leatherface a few weeks ago. Freddy is still MIA on Switch and the Windows Store version.

Switch port also runs from 15-20 FPS.
Now that is unplayable. How in the world are they still missing a killer in those versions? They are beyond dropping the ball at this point. Also, salty players love messaging you in the middle of a match on PS4 and Xbox.

Anyway, how many of these major streamers only show highlights of their streams? Because that's really all I see. I just hope to actually troll one of them if I ever get a match with them as killer, especially if they do that stupid hook tech.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now that is unplayable. How in the world are they still missing a killer in those versions? They are beyond dropping the ball at this point. Also, salty players love messaging you in the middle of a match on PS4 and Xbox.

Anyway, how many of these major streamers only show highlights of their streams? Because that's really all I see. I just hope to actually troll one of them if I ever get a match with them as killer, especially if they do that stupid hook tech.
They pushed it out anyway and keep promising they're going to optimize the Switch port (yeah fucking right) it runs about as bad as the mobile port. But that hasn't stopped them from trying to put the game on every platform they can.

Tad Loaf

kiwifarms.net
It's unfortunate Hex: Ruin is being gutted to pander to survivors who can't even be bothered to get good at skill checks, but the fallout from it has been pretty fun, so many Killer mains afking during matches/face-camping or just flat out not playing anymore seems to be having an affect, if the steam forums are anything to go off of.

I've been apart of a lot of shitty communities for multiplayer games in the past but there's something very special about Survivor mains, it's not just the usual bitching and moaning or "toxicity" but this very weird sense of entitlement they have where they truly believe Killers play for the sake of THEIR enjoyment where they see Killers who basically don't let them win as "assholes" like "how dare the person on the enemy team beat me? Why would he be such an asshole and not let me win?".
Going as far as to report people for not aheeding to their personal unwritten rules ("No camping, no slugging, no tunneling, etc) while completely unwilling to give an inch of their own.

Though I will say that mindset makes it incredibly easy to farm salt from them, even if you only get one kill in a match, if you face-camped them, there's a good chance the post game chat will be flooded with the utmost asshurt messages, making you feel like the true winner.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's unfortunate Hex: Ruin is being gutted to pander to survivors who can't even be bothered to get good at skill checks, but the fallout from it has been pretty fun, so many Killer mains afking during matches/face-camping or just flat out not playing anymore seems to be having an affect, if the steam forums are anything to go off of.

I've been apart of a lot of shitty communities for multiplayer games in the past but there's something very special about Survivor mains, it's not just the usual bitching and moaning or "toxicity" but this very weird sense of entitlement they have where they truly believe Killers play for the sake of THEIR enjoyment where they see Killers who basically don't let them win as "assholes" like "how dare the person on the enemy team beat me? Why would he be such an asshole and not let me win?".
Going as far as to report people for not aheeding to their personal unwritten rules ("No camping, no slugging, no tunneling, etc) while completely unwilling to give an inch of their own.

Though I will say that mindset makes it incredibly easy to farm salt from them, even if you only get one kill in a match, if you face-camped them, there's a good chance the post game chat will be flooded with the utmost asshurt messages, making you feel like the true winner.
Some people might think I'm exaggerating but no, Survivor Mains really are this autistic. They genuinely believe that Killers should just let them win. It's the little kid playing Tag making up rules so that they win who never fucking actually grew up.

I've been called a nigger in this game more than any other game I've ever played in my entire life.

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
Lol here's a match where a nurse was literally snowballing within the first minute of the game.

Here's the thread of the killer in the forums.
I seriously do not understand why so many people want to defend the quitters because they mad stupid decision after stupid decision and then say they were right because they weren't going to have fun.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lol here's a match where a nurse was literally snowballing within the first minute of the game.

Here's the thread of the killer in the forums.
I seriously do not understand why so many people want to defend the quitters because they mad stupid decision after stupid decision and then say they were right because they weren't going to have fun.
It's the Low-Tier-God logic. If you beat me for any reason you didn't do it honorably and I reserve the right (to bitch out) to leave.

Dedicated servers came to PS4 and people are whining over the hit-detection (for good reason) still not a single word about punishment for ragequitting happening any time soon. It's a fucking clown world. Just going to quote one post from that thread because I know if I read the rest I'm just going to start clawing my hair out at the frustration of seeing so much wasted husks of humanity that at one point had potential to be something.

Capture.PNG

What is this autistic obsession with points? Is this a fucking Atari game where the point is to get the high score? There's no fucking leaderboard and there's not even a screen to enter your initials. Same with ranking up. WHO CARES IF YOU RANK UP WHEN THERE'S NO REWARD FOR RANKING? It doesn't fucking matter. The only reward you get for ranking up is an achievement and somehow I doubt these fucking cocksuckers care about that. It's not like you get more points or get entered into a contest or fucking anything.

And then it boils down to "not having fun" fuck your fun. If you can't handle a challenge then go fucking kill yourself or just stick to mobile games where you can pay thousands of dollars and never fucking lose and never once be challenged. Or go play one of those Kirby games where you cannot die. Honestly, these fucking people live in bizarro world. I would love to take these little faggots, put them in a tournament setting for something like CS:GO or a fighting game and let's these faggots whine and cry over how the players play while the community relentlessly mocks them.

These people need to be publicly called out for having such completely asinine opinions.

Edit: BTW on the official forums for like a week or two there was an option to down vote posts or mark them "LOL" so as to designate garbage posts. That was changed within a week or two. Even on the forums they have to cater faggots who can't handle hurt feefee's.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Pop-Tart

JoyfulDarter

Dream Rapist
kiwifarms.net
But the problems are the balance, being forced to use a handful of Killers at high rank, and especially the grind to get QOL perks. If you're going to play the game without a minimum of 1-2 effective gen slow-down perks you're going to have a bad a time. That's just a fact. A fact the devs willingly ignore.
This is ultimately what turned me off from the game. I played for a bit focusing on survivor and started to poke my head into the community and was shocked to learn that survivors were broken as shit. The game's balance totally revolves around how it plays at 'endgame' after hundreds of hours of grinding. Decisions seem to revolve around a small percentage of power users who use specific abilities rather than making adjustments for how the game plays for the majority of players, or even new players. Because when you're first starting out, killers are broken as shit and you have very little counterplay because the game is completely balanced around how it plays at max rank. I can't imagine the population is too healthy right now and player retention must not be good either.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is ultimately what turned me off from the game. I played for a bit focusing on survivor and started to poke my head into the community and was shocked to learn that survivors were broken as shit. The game's balance totally revolves around how it plays at 'endgame' after hundreds of hours of grinding. Decisions seem to revolve around a small percentage of power users who use specific abilities rather than making adjustments for how the game plays for the majority of players, or even new players. Because when you're first starting out, killers are broken as shit and you have very little counterplay because the game is completely balanced around how it plays at max rank. I can't imagine the population is too healthy right now and player retention must not be good either.
I wonder what the tipping point is because a healthy minority of killer players are bailing because of the Ruin nerf. That's going to have an impact on red ranks.

Pop-Tart

The final solution to the weeb question.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I linked it in the OP but they sometimes haven't hid their bias too well:

'Go play Civ 5!" Can you imagine any other developer doing this? Telling you to go play something else? I hate that faggot so much and I'm shocked that making that remark didn't cost him his job.
I feel so bad for that PR chick. You just know she is trying to keep shit calm and mediate between the devs and players. But then the guy just goes full re;tard and shits over everything. Then she does her best to try to damage control. She is doing her best, but they really wanna dig that hole.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel so bad for that PR chick. You just know she is trying to keep shit calm and mediate between the devs and players. But then the guy just goes full re;tard and shits over everything. Then she does her best to try to damage control. She is doing her best, but they really wanna dig that hole.
That clip was from about 2 years ago. Now she sold out like I mentioned a few pages ago, she goes by the screen name Not_Queen and for the most part doesn't engage with the community like she used to and doesn't discuss balancing or anything.

She told me back when Freddy got nerfed 2 weeks after release that she received death threats. Even though she has nothing to do with that decision making because she's a community manager. I'm thinking that either she is tired of the community (which is understandable) or tired of the game and politics with her boss. Or both.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I shit on the devs pretty religiously (as I said, this game is a love/hate situation for me) but you have to give props to their art department and the guy who does the music because that shit is almost always top notch.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

Rise of the Goutforce
kiwifarms.net
I'm no stranger to grindy games but the bajillion things you have to earn or fight against "oh no, the killer has gonorrhea and chili" is so fucking aggravating. I've dropped two streamers who decide to main this game. The one guy chased off his audience raging to it to the point he couldn't pay his internet bill.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino