Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm no stranger to grindy games but the bajillion things you have to earn or fight against "oh no, the killer has gonorrhea and chili" is so fucking aggravating. I've dropped two streamers who decide to main this game. The one guy chased off his audience raging to it to the point he couldn't pay his internet bill.
That's when you put it down. A couple of the more popular streamers jumped on this because it's one of those games that remains weirdly popular on Twitch at all times. It's consistently in the top 20.

Do you have any clips of that shit show?

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thinking about it, I think Jeb brought it up, if they slowed down gen speed but adjusted it by level then you'd have the issue where Survivors will just de-rank to stay in the low ranks so they can crush gens and bully newbie Killers. Even if you made ranking up rewarding (I.E. you get more bloodpoints or more shards) I doubt that would persuade twats from hiding in low ranks.

The only solution is to either introduce secondary objectives and adjust perks that affect gens (for the love of Christ can we get a tool box/Prove Thyself Nerf?) Or FINALLY nerf SWF. Nerfing SWF players might be all that's needed TBQH. The only problem with that is that the super autists will instead just wait in que until they happen to get matched up with their little butt-budies which means longer que times and honestly, I can see some Survivor mains doing just that.

Last edited:

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net
Thinking about it, I think Jeb brought it up, if they slowed down gen speed but adjusted it by level then you'd have the issue where Survivors will just de-rank to stay in the low ranks so they can crush gens and bully newbie Killers. Even if you made ranking up rewarding (I.E. you get more bloodpoints or more shards) I doubt that would persuadetwats from hiding in low ranks.

The only solution is to either introduce secondary objectives and adjust perks that affect gens (for the love of Christ can we get a tool box/Prove Thyself Nerf?) Or FINALLY nerf SWF. Nerfing SWF players might be all that's needed TBQH. The only problem with that is that the super autists will instead just wait in que until they happen to get matched up with their little butt-budies which means longer que times and honestly, I can see some Survivor mains doing just that.
I don't even think BHVR knows an actually solution that won't piss anyone off. Hell, they still aren't adjusting map sizes or fixing bugs/glitches that have been out for years.

• Agree
Reactions: BrunoMattei

The Magnanimous Lich

Some are wise. Others, otherwise.
kiwifarms.net
Here's a concept; you can only repair generators and heal survivors with toolbox/medkit. Make more chest spawns and/or make them respawn. OR make it to where you can't repair without gas AND a single tool, then repair as normal. These would be items that do not go in a slot and spawn all over to be only used during the trial. BHVR is too mentally deficient to balance their own game, and I have no faith in them anymore. The fantastic designers can only carry their empty braintrust droolcup devs so far. What alternatives for Asymmetrical Multiplayer are upcoming or out that don't suck? Hell, I still play Evolve with that tiny community. I need that itch scratched.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's a concept; you can only repair generators and heal survivors with toolbox/medkit. Make more chest spawns and/or make them respawn. OR make it to where you can't repair without gas AND a single tool, then repair as normal. These would be items that do not go in a slot and spawn all over to be only used during the trial. BHVR is too mentally deficient to balance their own game, and I have no faith in them anymore. The fantastic designers can only carry their empty braintrust droolcup devs so far. What alternatives for Asymmetrical Multiplayer are upcoming or out that don't suck? Hell, I still play Evolve with that tiny community. I need that itch scratched.
A lot of things that can be done but I honestly think secondary objectives is the way to go. Which, if the devs aren't working on them right now, means they will probably never happen. Not unless a DbD 2 happens.

Alternatives for asymmetric horror games:

Last Year: the Nightmare. It's hovering around 3-400 players. Not too great but not too bad. If you play Killer then you're going to be waiting a while to get a match.

Resident Evil 3 Remake will have Project Resistance which is almost exactly like DbD or Last Year. Big thing we don't know about this mode is if players have the option as playing as the killer (or Mastermind or whatever they're called) whenever they want.

Last edited:

Jeb-sama

slow and steady
kiwifarms.net
I know I said it a month ago, but PWYF+nemesis bubba is so fucking good. I used to struggle so bad at red ranks with him to the point where I barely touched him outside of dailies. Now is a different story.

Every super high ranked survivor sperg seems to have this innate and highly accurate feeling of how many loops they can do before they absolutely must drop the pallet and move to the next one. The speed boost from PWYF seems to seriously mess up this feeling for them, because even rank 1's will fuck up their loop and just get chainsawed like a bitch regularly. The really decent ones (or maybe they're bad and just unknowingly benefiting from it) seem to drop pallets prematurely in order to create space and deny a PWYF stack from nemesis, but this at least makes the average life of a pallet lower.

I still have some issues to iron out though. Thanks to muscle memory, I still sometimes waste a stack by chainsawing a pallet or lunging at someone who's just in range to be hit at a vault.

Truly a patrician tier build

• DRINK!

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I decided to make my Steam profile public so anyone can leave a comment. I played 4 matches altogether tonight and already have 3 messages raging at how I play Killer.

I know I said it a month ago, but PWYF+nemesis bubba is so fucking good. I used to struggle so bad at red ranks with him to the point where I barely touched him outside of dailies. Now is a different story.

Every super high ranked survivor sperg seems to have this innate and highly accurate feeling of how many loops they can do before they absolutely must drop the pallet and move to the next one. The speed boost from PWYF seems to seriously mess up this feeling for them, because even rank 1's will fuck up their loop and just get chainsawed like a bitch regularly. The really decent ones (or maybe they're bad and just unknowingly benefiting from it) seem to drop pallets prematurely in order to create space and deny a PWYF stack from nemesis, but this at least makes the average life of a pallet lower.

I still have some issues to iron out though. Thanks to muscle memory, I still sometimes waste a stack by chainsawing a pallet or lunging at someone who's just in range to be hit at a vault.

Truly a patrician tier build
I refuse to buy Oni but I'm waiting for Nemesis to get added to the Shrine (which can take months, I know). I am fucking ready for that shit.

I notice they get super pissy over "hit-detection" when 9.9 times out of 10 it could have been avoided had they just thrown down the pallet. There's plenty of pallets and loops in every map. There's a minimum of 15 pallets in every map (14 specifically in Shelter Woods) but the fucktards absolutely positively just have to loop a pallet 3-4 times exactly and if they don't they piss their pants and cry.

I also just throw on Bamboozle on every Killer that can't just counter looping. The streamers insist that if you're good you don't need Bamboozle but I still see them being forced to loop a guy at a spot where Bamboozle would have just taken away the spot and ended the chase that much sooner. It's perfect for forcing them to either get hit or throw down the fucking pallet in the shack. It's great at Double T-L walls and jungle gyms especially when they vault a window and you go left then right and make them think you're going either direction and then vault when they're right next to you. Easy way to get a hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeb-sama

Jeb-sama

slow and steady
kiwifarms.net
I decided my Steam profile public so anyone can leave a comment. I played 4 matches altogether tonight and already have 3 messages raging at how I play Killer.

I refuse to buy Oni but I'm waiting for Nemesis to get added to the Shrine (which can take months, I know). I am fucking ready for that shit.
If survivors are getting mad af afterwards, it sounds like you're playing killer 100% correctly.

IIRC, BBQ took over a year to show up in the shrine for the first time, so you might have to wait a very long time. From a business point of view, it's wise for them to keep the good perks away from the shrine in order to force people to buy the killers.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If survivors are getting mad af afterwards, it sounds like you're playing killer 100% correctly.

IIRC, BBQ took over a year to show up in the shrine for the first time, so you might have to wait a very long time. From a business point of view, it's wise for them to keep the good perks away from the shrine in order to force people to buy the killers.
Had a Billy match. Corrupt was still up, I down a guy near the gens that could be worked on, hook him, no one comes up with BBQ. I chainsaw away at the closest gen, chase a guy off of it and kick it with Pop, then come immediately back to the hook and deny a rescue. The dude decides to play chicken and gets chainsawed, I survey the area and find another guy trying to bait me to leave, I make it look like I'm going to and back off and found another guy about to rush and chainsaw him. Then I wait a little to find the last guy, find him, downed, one guy ragequit and called me a camper. EZ 4 man.

The strength of Billy is getting a guy on the hook and getting another guy down and forcing them to get off gens and go rescue at least one person.

BBQ is one of the most rare perks in the shrine. It usually shows once or twice per year. At that point you may as well just get on your knees and take it by giving Behavior the $5 for Leatherface because that perk is such a massive QOL perk. It's not just the tracking and how extremely good it is on Billy/Nurse/Freddy but it's the fucking extra Bloodpoint gain. It massively reduces the grinding required.

Jeb-sama

slow and steady
kiwifarms.net
Had a Billy match. Corrupt was still up, I down a guy near the gens that could be worked on, hook him, no one comes up with BBQ. I chainsaw away at the closest gen, chase a guy off of it and kick it with Pop, then come immediately back to the hook and deny a rescue. The dude decides to play chicken and gets chainsawed, I survey the area and find another guy trying to bait me to leave, I make it look like I'm going to and back off and found another guy about to rush and chainsaw him. Then I wait a little to find the last guy, find him, downed, one guy ragequit and called me a camper. EZ 4 man.

The strength of Billy is getting a guy on the hook and getting another guy down and forcing them to get off gens and go rescue at least one person.

BBQ is one of the most rare perks in the shrine. It usually shows once or twice per year. At that point you may as well just get on your knees and take it by giving Behavior the $5 for Leatherface because that perk is such a massive QOL perk. It's not just the tracking and how extremely good it is on Billy/Nurse/Freddy but it's the fucking extra Bloodpoint gain. It massively reduces the grinding required.
Unlike bubba, Oni can be bought by himself for about 9k ish shards. Nemesis is the best perk he has, so they will keep that one away from the shrine the longest out of the bunch. Might just be better to spend the shards whenever you've got em.

Speaking of corrupt though, I need to use that more now that ruin is about to vanish. Even though it's way better at higher ranks, I still cling to ruin like an idiot

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unlike bubba, Oni can be bought by himself for about 9k ish shards. Nemesis is the best perk he has, so they will keep that one away from the shrine the longest out of the bunch. Might just be better to spend the shards whenever you've got em.

Speaking of corrupt though, I need to use that more now that ruin is about to vanish. Even though it's way better at higher ranks, I still cling to ruin like an idiot
Yeah but then I'll be forced to dump bp into a character I don't want to use. Then I'll get nagged with Oni dailies. I notice with the dailies that I tend to get the ones for Killers I have no interest in the most.

I use Corrupt all the time. I've used Billy without Ruin or Corrupt and he can be effective but the problem is just the way the maps are designed and SWF players. You're really at the mercy of RNG and the Survivors in the match making mistakes in order to win that one with Billy. Assholes who say that he doesn't need Ruin or Corrupt Intervention at red ranks don't know what they're talking about.

Corrupt is great in a map like Azarov's Resting Place or Suffocation Pit because you could down a guy, hook them on one side and hopefully it's on the side where you can guard the active gens. You're not forced to leave and chase them off of gens of one side and can guard a hook and at least make a trade when a hook rescue happens or ensure the guy you hooked enters stage 2 and there's a very good chance of that happening depending on how long Corrupt Intervention has left.

Reactions: BriannaWoo

BriannaWoo

Semi-pro Politician (going Pro in a few seasons).
kiwifarms.net
Used up all my add-ons with doc, I can now move him to tier 2 and reset to level one when the changes release for a fresh start.

In the intervening time I've been using the Clown who is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. Some of his add-ons are great, specifically the ones that cause exhaustion, mangled etc but especially the one that makes the survivor exposed for a small window if you hit them directly with a bottle. It's quite easy to do and the survivors all complain about it in post game chat.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd still say Clown is bottom 5. You essentially need to use Flask of Bleach to meaningfully slow them down and the Solvent Jug to counter exhaustion perks like Dead Hard which nearly all Survivors run at Red Ranks. The problem is that he still gets looped, has no map pressure, and nothing special. Even the Ultra Rare that lets him instant down isn't amazing and requires you get right on their ass to use it.

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net
Used up all my add-ons with doc, I can now move him to tier 2 and reset to level one when the changes release for a fresh start.

In the intervening time I've been using the Clown who is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. Some of his add-ons are great, specifically the ones that cause exhaustion, mangled etc but especially the one that makes the survivor exposed for a small window if you hit them directly with a bottle. It's quite easy to do and the survivors all complain about it in post game chat.
The only thing good about clown is his add-ons. His power is underwhelming and other killers are better at ending chases.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New Doctor eclipses the Clown... Not unless he gets nerfed because of "muh rank 20's!"

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They'll make him less effective, just look at his madness effects in the ptb, they might be even less effective.
Madness was overrated, the tracking and fake pallets were good but as far as wasting their time it was ineffective. All it did is make them take 5-10 seconds to snap out and they could do it anywhere by themselves. At best, it bought you slightly more time and killed a good part of stealth.

I would trade that to be better at shutting down loops any day.

Last edited:

Tad Loaf

kiwifarms.net
Is there any feeling better than getting 4 kills just for the survivors to insist you somehow lost in the post game chat?
Imagine how absolutely asshurt you need to be to get that delusional, I love it.

• Agree
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino