Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

How long until the devs nerf Pyramid Head?

• By end of PTB

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 3 weeks after the release goes live

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 3-6 months like Legion

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • He'll remain the same or possibly get buffs and be accused of being Pay 2 Win

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net
I'm seriously afraid they're going to nerf billy and ghostface, not to mention they might start going after "OP" add-ons like Iridescent Head and Fragrant Tuft of Hair because survivors rather DC and bitch about rather that work around it. I've played several rounds of survivor of over the weekend and I had 2 people DC when they found out that Huntress had the IH and IB as add-ons and bitched in the post game chat about it.

• Agree
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm seriously afraid they're going to nerf billy and ghostface, not to mention they might start going after "OP" add-ons like Iridescent Head and Fragrant Tuft of Hair because survivors rather DC and bitch about rather that work around it. I've played several rounds of survivor of over the weekend and I had 2 people DC when they found out that Huntress had the IH and IB as add-ons and bitched in the post game chat about it.
I think Ghostface is fine and I think they won't touch him purely because he's licensed and schmucks like us cannot buy him with shards. I think that protects him from being molested by Behavior's "re-work" team. It would be funny if they just now removed Iridescent Head (it allows insta-down with Huntress' hatchets) or Tuft of Hair (permanent Evil Within 3 Myers with perma insta-down and fast window vaulting) after all this time. Those add-ons have been in the game for about 3-4 years and aside from a slight nerf to Irisdescent Head and the other add-on that adds more Hatchets they haven't touched them. If they nerf Huntress' add-on but not Michael's then we know that licensed characters are given priority for money.

I'd bet my left nut that they'll remove all instances of Instant Saw add-ons for Billy (yes, even Primer Bulb + Spark Plug) what worries me is what other nerfs they intend. Nerfs that will -of course- happen before any kind of nerfs to repeatedly used Suvivor perks or addressing gen speed. The day this happens might finally be the day that I uninstall this POS for good. Fuckfaces insist that Instant Saw is busted and I will agree that it's strong but it's not busted. You can still loop Billy and fuckfaces that can 360 have no issue with it (but will still cry about it so it will get nerfed anyway).

The only thing that might make me stay is if they buff the shit out of Leatherface to compensate. I'm a huge fan of the TCM franchise and even try to do the Leatherface chainsaw dance whenever I can when I win in-game.

I've played a lot with Billy. He was my main for a long-ass time until Legion came out and was subsequently gutted and then re-work Freddy happened. The difference between Instant Saw and not using it is night and day. It will 100% help you get them at a pallet or a window that they otherwise 100% would have got if you weren't using the add-ons.

I'm convinced they added medium vaults to the game for Survivors because of chainsaw Killers. Back almost 2 years ago when they decided to actually balance the game they removed fast vaults from any angle. Before, a Survivor could fast vault from any angle even if they're right next to a window. Then they took that away and designed it so you need run straight into the window at a minimum distance of like 50 feet or so to get it. But that wasn't good enough so here comes medium vaults that are slightly slower than fast vaults but still let Survivor babies escape a chainsaw Killer or a Huntress' hatchet.

I've been playing more Last Year and aside from a lower player base the Killer actually feels powerful and it feels like you can control the situation.

Last edited:

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
I think Ghostface is fine and I think they won't touch him purely because he's licensed and schmucks like us cannot buy him with shards. I think that protects him from being molested by Behavior's "re-work" team. It would be funny if they just now removed Iridescent Head (it allows insta-down with Huntress' hatchets) or Tuft of Hair (permanent Evil Within 3 Myers with perma insta-down and fast window vaulting) after all this time. Those add-ons have been in the game for about 3-4 years and aside from a slight nerf to Irisdescent Head and the other add-on that adds more Hatchets they haven't touched them. If they nerf Huntress' add-on but not Michael's then we know that licensed characters are given priority for money.

I'd bet my left nut that they'll remove all instances of Instant Saw add-ons for Billy (yes, even Primer Bulb + Spark Plug) what worries me is what other nerfs they intend. Nerfs that will -of course- happen before any kind of nerfs to repeatedly used Suvivor perks or addressing gen speed. The day this happens might finally be the day that I uninstall this POS for good. Fuckfaces insist that Instant Saw is busted and I will agree that it's strong but it's not busted. You can still loop Billy and fuckfaces that can 360 have no issue with it (but will still cry about it so it will get nerfed anyway).

The only thing that might make me stay is if they buff the shit out of Leatherface to compensate. I'm a huge fan of the TCM franchise and even try to do the Leatherface chainsaw dance whenever I can when I win in-game.

I've played a lot with Billy. He was my main for a long-ass time until Legion came out and was subsequently gutted and then re-work Freddy happened. The difference between Instant Saw and not using it is night and day. It will 100% help you get them at a pallet or a window that they otherwise 100% would have got if you weren't using the add-ons.

I'm convinged they added medium vaults to the game for Survivors because of chainsaw Killers. Back almost 2 years ago when they decided to actually balance the game they removed fast vaults from any angle. Before, a Survivor could fast vault from any angle even if they're right next to a window. Then they took that away and designed it so you need run straight into the window at a minimum distance of like 50 feet or so to get it. But that wasn't good enough so here comes medium vaults that are slightly slower than fast vaults but still let Survivor babies escape a chainsaw Killer or a Huntress' hatchet.

I've been playing more Last Year and aside from a lower player base the Killer actually feels powerful and it feels like you can control the situation.
I was a nurse main since 2016 and I still use her on occasion, but the nerf made her unfun, flat out unusable on console, and extremely add-on dependent as well. I'll just stick to Huntress, Billy, and Oni for now. I hope that new Resident evil game and predator game are great and take off, I've never seen a group of developers be so goddamn short sighted and out of touch.

But I wonder if killers just decide to full on facecamp survivors, will they actually do something stupid and suicidal to stop it?

• Feels

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was a nurse main since 2016 and I still use her on occasion, but the nerf made her unfun, flat out unusable on console, and extremely add-on dependent as well. I'll just stick to Huntress, Billy, and Oni for now. I hope that new Resident evil game and predator game are great and take off, I've never seen a group of developers be so goddamn short sighted and out of touch.

But I wonder if killers just decide to full on facecamp survivors, will they actually do something stupid and suicidal to stop it?
I've tried repeatedly to get into the Nurse but I find her too frustrating to play. The whole thing with being stunned after blinking and even after getting a hit just pisses me off too much. So I stuck to Billy. It'll really piss me off if and when they nerf him. Buffing the shit out of Leatherface so he's top 5 would even it out (and FFS give him some cosmetics, I want the the Pretty Woman costume and a chrome The Saw is Family chainsaw).

Project Resistance for RE3make might be good. I've seen a lot of footage. It all depends on how Capcom wants to support it.

I wouldn't bet on the Predator game being good. It's being developed by Illfonic, the same ass clowns behind the Friday the 13th game. It's guaranteed to be a buggy pile of shit.

The big conspiracy theory is that they're dumbing the game down because they want to enter the Chinese market and get as many people as possible into it. That's why 2 Chinese companies have invested in Behavior. It's also the reason why Demogorgon's mori was censored so it didn't decapitate and possibly the reason why Oni was added?

Edit: Behavior kind of reminds me of the dev for The Culling which was a Royale-style game. They refused to listen to the community, making it worse with each patch, eventually releasing a sequel that was so different and so underwhelming that they de-listed it, refunded players, and reverted the first game back to the base build to try to save face with the community. Behavior severely needs some kind of kick in the ass like that to get back on track.

Last edited:

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
I've tried repeatedly to get into the Nurse but I find her too frustrating to play. The whole thing with being stunned after blinking and even after getting a hit just pisses me off too much. So I stuck to Billy. It'll really piss me off if and when they nerf him. Buffing the shit out of Leatherface so he's top 5 would even it out (and FFS give him some cosmetics, I want the the Pretty Woman costume and a chrome The Saw is Family chainsaw).

Project Resistance for RE3make might be good. I've seen a lot of footage. It all depends on how Capcom wants to support it.

I wouldn't bet on the Predator game being good. It's being developed by Illfonic, the same ass clowns behind the Friday the 13th game. It's guaranteed to be a buggy pile of shit.

The big conspiracy theory is that they're dumbing the game down because they want to enter the Chinese market and get as many people as possible into it. That's why 2 Chinese companies have invested in Behavior. It's also the reason why Demogorgon's mori was censored so it didn't decapitate and possibly the reason why Oni was added?

Edit: Behavior kind of reminds me of the dev for The Culling which was a Royale-style game. They refused to listen to the community, making it worse with each patch, eventually releasing a sequel that was so different and so underwhelming that they de-listed it, refunded players, and reverted the first game back to the base build to try to save face with the community. Behavior severely needs some kind of kick in the ass like that to get back on track.
Dumbing it down so it can get to the Chinese market makes sense, but I bet there are plenty of knockoffs already in China that are popular.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dumbing it down so it can get to the Chinese market makes sense, but I bet there are plenty of knockoffs already in China that are popular.
There's Identity V for mobile and the company that made that game owns like 5% in Behavior.

Sure, there's Chinese knockoffs but do these knockoffs have Ghostface, Leatheface, Freddy, Michael Myers, the Saw Killer, Ash, and the Demogorgan? Nope. The instant they add Jason they win the market for this genre.

Edit: if they completely removed Instant Saw from Billy I'd probably run: Spirit Fury, Enduring, Bamboozle, and gen slow down perk. I used to run that with BBQ and no slow down perks and like I mentioned it's hard as fuck depending on the map you get and if you're playing against a competent SWF squad.

Last edited:

BlazikenLover

kiwifarms.net
I'd bet my left nut that they'll remove all instances of Instant Saw add-ons for Billy (yes, even Primer Bulb + Spark Plug) what worries me is what other nerfs they intend. Nerfs that will -of course- happen before any kind of nerfs to repeatedly used Suvivor perks or addressing gen speed. The day this happens might finally be the day that I uninstall this POS for good.
I had to change my OS so I have to redownload my games and DBD is pretty low on my priority list.
I like to play wraith and with the hex:ruin rework it's gonna be even more painful, so I won't be bothering for now. I have been playing since the game came out of early access back in 2016, quit after they added hag since the game was a mess and the devs took vacations for a whole month, RIGHT AFTER RELEASING A BIG UPDATE.
The swamp map would crash a few seconds into the match for killer, so survivors were burning swamp offerings like crazy, Hag was hot garbage on release (she would get stunned upon teleporting)
Maybe, they were forced to adress DS after killers were slugging every game as a form of protest. Oh who am I kidding, they did their usual thing of releasing a perk to patch an issue in form of unbreakable, not to mention that update brought an even more annoying perk, borrowed time, which was (and still is) a get out of jail if the doors are open.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had to change my OS so I have to redownload my games and DBD is pretty low on my priority list.
I like to play wraith and with the hex:ruin rework it's gonna be even more painful, so I won't be bothering for now. I have been playing since the game came out of early access back in 2016, quit after they added hag since the game was a mess and the devs took vacations for a whole month, RIGHT AFTER RELEASING A BIG UPDATE.
The swamp map would crash a few seconds into the match for killer, so survivors were burning swamp offerings like crazy, Hag was hot garbage on release (she would get stunned upon teleporting)

Maybe, they were forced to adress DS after killers were slugging every game as a form of protest. Oh who am I kidding, they did their usual thing of releasing a perk to patch an issue in form of unbreakable, not to mention that update brought an even more annoying perk, borrowed time, which was (and still is) a get out of jail if the doors are open.
I got into it after almost a year into the game. The devs have done a lot to improve the game but it's always one step forward and two steps backwards in a lot of ways.

"We nerfed DS!"
Great.
"Let's buff it repeatedly in the span of 2-3 months because of baby Survivors and lets remove Enduring's effect completely on the perk!"

"We have dedicated servers!"
Nice but hitbox issues are still a thing and they lag really bad.

In the last big update they were caught trying to remove ranks altogether from being seen in matchmaking because they fail so badly at making it work but the community caught wind of this and the devs abandoned their plan at the last second. I assume when the next Killer/Survivor pair are out or even in the next mid-chapter patch they'll go through with this.

MadDamon

MAD DAMON
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Chinses knockoff,
https://store.steampowered.com/app/991780/1v5Notes_of_Soul/
Never played it, a 1v5 DBD knockoff where you can play as ghosts or paranormal investigators. Featuring Gacha.
There's Identity V for mobile and the company that made that game owns like 5% in Behavior.

Sure, there's Chinese knockoffs but do these knockoffs have Ghostface, Leatheface, Freddy, Michael Myers, the Saw Killer, Ash, and the Demogorgan? Nope. The instant they add Jason they win the market for this genre.

Edit: if they completely removed Instant Saw from Billy I'd probably run: Spirit Fury, Enduring, Bamboozle, and gen slow down perk. I used to run that with BBQ and no slow down perks and like I mentioned it's hard as fuck depending on the map you get and if you're playing against a competent SWF squad.
TBH, after touching Identity V, I think I prefer it more than DBD. It has more modes than DBD: 2 killers vs 8 survivors mode, where the survivor needs to repair(or decode in this game) 7 mechine to gain access to the gate, while it takes 3 hits for killer to down a survivor; Blackjack, where a group of 5 takes turn being the killer and the survivor.

When it comes to these kind of game, you may think it must be a teabag shitfest, which is partially true. The survivor can do things that is the equivalent to teabaging. However, the killers themselves can also teabag with emote.

When it comes to handling survivors, the killers in the game is, imo, much stronger than killers in DBD, barring Billy and old nurse. The face of the game can put out up to 2 puppets that can show the auras of survivors in close distance. Once you become stronger, you can make the puppets to track down the survivors automatically. They can break down pallets on their own, and they only stop tracking once they are disabled or they hit a survivor successfully. You can even exchange position with the puppets too, no matter how far the puppet is from you.
There's also a Wraith+Huntress hybrid, a billy without 1 hit down, and a knockoff nurse and so on.

Maybe try it for a round if you get tired of DBD.

• Informative

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah about that.... It's an Epic exclusive.

• Feels
Reactions: RadicalCentrist

Falsies

Nurse!
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised no one has brought up the godawful leaked lore animation, or the fact that their attempts at writing the characters is...pretty bad. As in they're actually declawing their killers both mechanically and within their own backstories.

Jane's backstory is a pretty good example of the horseshoe theory. They went so woke with her that she ended up being a caricature.

The phrase "social justice warrior" comes up not once, but at least twice over different entries. It's a lot of her struggling to get roles because she's Mexican, and there's one in particular where she's been given a Mexican waitress and it's bitching about why the script had to specify a Mexican. Her and her best friend, Dwayne (surprise, he's black), whom is also struggling to find roles. Its said that neither of them are getting roles because they're PoC. Honestly, Jane just seems like a pain in the ass to work with and maybe the fact that she keeps storming off stage has something to do with it...
For some reason, the lore snippets tell us more about Dwayne than Jane. The whole thing is written incredibly poorly. Also the phrase "the strength of her ancestors courses through her veins" is mentioned unironically.

I can get screenshots if anyone is interested, unless someone has already put the whole thing up somewhere online.

Honestly, the tome's lore snippets have been pretty revealing, just not about the characters. Claudette's in particular left a sour taste in people's mouths.

In the tome's backstory, Claudette is coded and written to be on the spectrum. It mentions her father fighting with her mother to put her in special ed, and overall, Claudette comes off almost as a checklist for children whom are on the spectrum. The community welcomed it as it was/is a common headcanon anyway. BHVR denied this and, afaik, still does. Which is fine, since she is their character. But it comes off as a bit cowardly and, unlike Jane, would have been some decent representation.

Tl;dr
I'm a lore sperg and need to stop hanging around the fandom. It's been a neverending flow of m I l k, though.

• DRINK!

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised no one has brought up the godawful leaked lore animation, or the fact that their attempts at writing the characters is...pretty bad. As in they're actually declawing their killers both mechanically and within their own backstories.

Jane's backstory is a pretty good example of the horseshoe theory. They went so woke with her that she ended up being a caricature.

The phrase "social justice warrior" comes up not once, but at least twice over different entries. It's a lot of her struggling to get roles because she's Mexican, and there's one in particular where she's been given a Mexican waitress and it's bitching about why the script had to specify a Mexican. Her and her best friend, Dwayne (surprise, he's black), whom is also struggling to find roles. Its said that neither of them are getting roles because they're PoC. Honestly, Jane just seems like a pain in the ass to work with and maybe the fact that she keeps storming off stage has something to do with it...
For some reason, the lore snippets tell us more about Dwayne than Jane. The whole thing is written incredibly poorly. Also the phrase "the strength of her ancestors courses through her veins" is mentioned unironically.

I can get screenshots if anyone is interested, unless someone has already put the whole thing up somewhere online.

Honestly, the tome's lore snippets have been pretty revealing, just not about the characters. Claudette's in particular left a sour taste in people's mouths.

In the tome's backstory, Claudette is coded and written to be on the spectrum. It mentions her father fighting with her mother to put her in special ed, and overall, Claudette comes off almost as a checklist for children whom are on the spectrum. The community welcomed it as it was/is a common headcanon anyway. BHVR denied this and, afaik, still does. Which is fine, since she is their character. But it comes off as a bit cowardly and, unlike Jane, would have been some decent representation.

Tl;dr
I'm a lore sperg and need to stop hanging around the fandom. It's been a neverending flow of m I l k, though.
Most people who use Claudette are autistic anyway so...

I didn't know about this because I don't give a fuck about lore. It's the horror version of The Running Man. What more do you need?

Falsies

Nurse!
kiwifarms.net
Most people who use Claudette are autistic anyway so...

I didn't know about this because I don't give a fuck about lore. It's the horror version of The Running Man. What more do you need?
The RP/fanfic/fanart side of the fandom is...a fun place. It's double the entitlement and there's near constant drama of some sort. I'm reminded a bit of the kind of petty stuff that the old HP fandom used to pull, back in the day. I've seen so much stupid shit from these people.

You think survivors are entitled? Try dealing with a survivor main fanfic writer that's had their headcanons challenged in even the smallest way.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The RP/fanfic/fanart side of the fandom is...a fun place. It's double the entitlement and there's near constant drama of some sort. I'm reminded a bit of the kind of petty stuff that the old HP fandom used to pull, back in the day. I've seen so much stupid shit from these people.

You think survivors are entitled? Try dealing with a survivor main fanfic writer that's had their headcanons challenged in even the smallest way.
There's definitely an autism surge within the community. Don't even look up DbD Gone Wild.

Falsies

Nurse!
kiwifarms.net
Ooooh I've already been linked. The fact that it's porn doesn't bug me, because that's going to be in every fandom. But it's super cringey and I've heard of images being stolen from Twitter and put there.
A personal cow of mine posts her stuff there, which is how I found it.

• Agree

Agent of Z.O.G.

kiwifarms.net
It just had a free weekend so instead of reading about drama and watching some videos I was able to experience it for myself. Was kinda fun and I like the slasher theme and I could just buy it if I sold all my TF2 crates but I don't feel like dumping hundreds of hours into it before I can start unlocking new characters. I don't like the whole "grind until you find the instant kill/instant gen addons then let er rip" aspect either.

Oh and, over the course of two days I managed to encounter a SWF with flashlights, had someone threatening to report me in my first succesfull killer game and later had a rank 5 berate me for using No One Escapes death and camping (I was rank 16 and managed to kill everyone).

Last edited:
  • DRINK!

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh and, over the course of two days I managed to encounter a SWF with flashlights, had someone threatening to report me in my first succesfull killer game and later had a rank 5 berate me for using No One Escapes death and camping (I was rank 16 and managed to kill everyone).

Welcome to Dead by Daylight, nigga. And BTW, you could play by the Survivor Rulebook and they would still bitch and moan and rage message you.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

[QUOTE}

Going forward, we will use a hidden skill rating for matchmaking purposes. Your skill rating will increase when you do well and decrease when you do poorly. To keep this as fair as possible, the system will predict the outcome of the match based on the difference in your opponent(s) rating and adjust the amount your rating changes:

• If your rating is higher than your opponent(s), your rating will increase less if you win and drop more if you lose.
  • If your rating is lower than your opponent(s), your rating will increase more if you win and drop less if you lose.

When this happens, you may notice some disparity in ranks during your matches. This is to be expected as rank will no longer be used for matchmaking purposes at this time. To avoid confusion, we are considering removing ranks from the post-match scoreboard once testing is complete, as they will no longer be relevant to matchmaking. Ranks will remain visible only to you for bragging rights and a goal to work towards, but will be a reflection of your dedication to the game rather than skill for the time being.

[/QUOTE]

If anyone actually believes that this hidden skill rating system is either (A) real or (B) will solve the problem then I have a bridge in Brooklyn you can buy for cheap.

Jeb-sama

slow and steady
kiwifarms.net
the ruin free life is taking its toll on me. The feeling of seeing one or two gens vanish around the 1 minute mark is seriously (:_(

• Feels

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the ruin free life is taking its toll on me. The feeling of seeing one or two gens vanish around the 1 minute mark is seriously (:_(
Try Corrupt Intervention. Works for me, but I main top tier killers. Works well on Plague too... Provided you have Thanatophobia and Dying Light on her as well to make her work.

Tags
None