Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

How long until the devs nerf Pyramid Head?

• By end of PTB

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 3 weeks after the release goes live

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 3-6 months like Legion

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • He'll remain the same or possibly get buffs and be accused of being Pay 2 Win

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I'll be god-fucking-damned, they actually paid Bruce for the likeness rights and got him to do a commercial. Sadly, I don't think we're getting a deadite killer. :(

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Hey, guess I called it on em getting Bruce. As for a deadite killer I think the issue there is there wasnt one that stuck around, so they would have to go with a generic survivor model

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey, guess I called it on em getting Bruce. As for a deadite killer I think the issue there is there wasnt one that stuck around, so they would have to go with a generic survivor model

I mean, I'm shocked that after the debacle with Freddy that Behavior put their money where their mouth is. Even though I don't think we're getting a Deadite killer or a new map for Ash. Which sucks. That Cabin or S-Mart would have been beautiful.

As far as Deadites go they could have gone with Cheryl. She was the first Deadite and re-appeared on the show in one of the very best episodes.

Reactions: Chin of Campbell

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He even comes with an Ashy Slashy puppet!

Attachments

• D2xmhutVAAATJnU.jpg
    D2xmhutVAAATJnU.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 154

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
I mean, I'm shocked that after the debacle with Freddy that Behavior put their money where their mouth is. Even though I don't think we're getting a Deadite killer or a new map for Ash. Which sucks. That Cabin or S-Mart would have been beautiful.
Their licensed killers aren't generally terrible. Myers is high Tier 2, and Pig and Leatheface are aggressively OK (the former more than the latter.) Bruce Campell is probably more recognizable than all of those, so it makes sense that they'd swing for the fences with this one.

• Agree
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Their licensed killers aren't generally terrible. Myers is high Tier 2, and Pig and Leatheface are aggressively OK (the former more than the latter.) Bruce Campell is probably more recognizable than all of those, so it makes sense that they'd swing for the fences with this one.

Myers is okay. He can snowball extremely well but getting to Evil Within tier 2 can be a bitch depending on the survivors and the map you get. Leatherface is a nerfed Hillbilly. Every single possible thing he does Hillbilly does better. But he's still not terrible and can still instant down and guard a hook like a god. Pig is relatively high tier. The traps can force survivors to waste their time. The problem is RNG can fuck her over and the first box survivors run to can free them of the trap. Still, her Ambush is good for sneaking up on them and camping and the dash attack can be good around certain pallet loops. Freddy is okay with the right perks and if you use the blocks. Rancor is pretty good with Freddy because the downsides to that perk don't exist with him, so long as the Obsession isn't in the dream state.

Bruce is famous even to non-horror fans so this is a pretty big win for the devs.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://tw.tinf.io/deadbybhvr/status/1111689081946324992?s=21

So now they're reverting the matchmaking again. Yesterday I actually got more than a few matches and it didn't take long, maybe 1-2 minutes tops, for the lobbies to fill. Even if 2 of those 4 matches had ragequitters (including a Twitch faggot who didn't like that I was using an Ebony Mori).

I go to test out these changes and I've been sitting here for at least 5 minutes waiting for the lobby to fill.

Edit: after waiting over 5 minutes I finally get some survivors and they all have around 200+ ping and more Chinamen. SMDH.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This tweet blew up:

Applicable to a lot of games but in particular DbD. It gets posted on the subreddit for the game. And for the record, it's your typical reddit sub in that it's a shit hole ran by idiot mods like most of them. https://xz.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/b7ab9u/something_i_think_the_devs_need_to_see/

Choice comments:

Highest rated comment in the thread and it completely overlooks the entire point of the tweet. I should note that the sub is dominated by survivor mains and these guys tend to live in bizarro world.

This is the 2nd highest voted comment and this guy believes that the community is at fault. Not the developers. So all the 2nd chance abilities survivors have access too, the imbalance of Survive With Friends (when players are using mics and that's the majority of them), and bad map design (particularly a map like Haddonfield but there are others) have nothing to do with survivors being cocky or having an ego or expecting that they just win. The community is at fault but not the mechanics of the game that enables people to behave badly.

And BTW, this doesn't need to be said, most gaming communities are chill. They don't behave the same way as say survivors in this game. If they did then there wouldn't be nearly as many people playing games online.

Actually punish ragequitting would be a start. Behavior claims that they punish ragequitters and they have to ragequit x number of times. Even still, ragequitting has exploded in the last few months. And even then, if they actually punish the shitlords who ragequit all the shitlords will do is just go AFK. Which will allow the killer their points but in turn still fucks over the other survivors.

More people who just don't get what the tweet is saying. New people is great but if the retention is poor because of bad game design how long do you think the game will last? DbD has one clear advantage: it has no competition. The instant another asymmetric slasher game comes out where the devs have their shit together is the day DbD dies. And of course the OP gets down voted.

More shitlords that just didn't get it or refuse to get it and I guarantee you that they reported the OP for being off topic or posting spam.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This came out:

Edit: (Deleted Ochido video)

This guy is very infamous in the community. He does troll videos showing exploits one can do, especially as survivor, and enjoys being the biggest shithead you can imagine in the game. I would argue like most of the streamers of this fucking game. But this guy goes to the next level with it where the only reason he plays it is to troll. There's been accusations that he tried to get nude pics from underage fans too. The devs banned this guy multiple times until they hardware banned him (I didn't know that was a thing), so he moved on to the console versions and it was business as usual until 2 or 3 months ago where the devs banned him on the consoles too. So the guy bought a new motherboard to get around the hardware ban.

And this isn't some small potatoes faggot, the guy gets around 50-100K views for every DbD video. He's also one of those autists that makes up autistic phrases to insult other players like "dud" and other reatarded meme shit. I'm not sure if he's the originator of the term "sweaty" or not. "Sweaty" is just another autistic term created by the streamers used to insult players that use the best add-ons and perks. No, really.

Last edited:

Tism the Return

EI EI OH!
kiwifarms.net
Ochido is a dumb unfunny cunt and I believe his apology just as much as I believe in any unfunny streamer that puts up an act to garner attention from dumb kids and then """""apologizes"""" when they eventually get called out for their autistic behavior and essentially runing the fun of others while giving the worst example possible to the most impressionable audience.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ochido is a dumb unfunny cunt and I believe his apology just as much as I believe in any unfunny streamer that puts up an act to garner attention from dumb kids and then """""apologizes"""" when they eventually get called out for their autistic behavior and essentially runing the fun of others while giving the worst example possible to the most impressionable audience.

Like I said, pretty much all the high profile streamers/Youtuber's act like this guy. Only difference is that they don't show exploits and don't go as hard in their autism. People like AngryPug, Monto, EdgarAllenBro, and Hexy (with decent viewers in the 2-4K range and more on YT) basically act the same. Troll the killer as much as they can, make up rules that they feel other players have to follow (I.E. no mori's, no tunneling, etc) and aren't ashamed about ragequitting when shit doesn't go their way.

Tism the Return

EI EI OH!
kiwifarms.net
Like I said, pretty much all the high profile streamers/Youtuber's act like this guy. Only difference is that they don't show exploits and don't go as hard in their autism. People like AngryPug, Monto, EdgarAllenBro, and Hexy (with decent viewers in the 2-4K range and more on YT) basically act the same. Troll the killer as much as they can, make up rules that they feel other players have to follow (I.E. no mori's, no tunneling, etc) and aren't ashamed about ragequitting when shit doesn't go their way.

No tunneling in particular is hilarious to me. Most killer players I know of won't tunnel unless you're particularly being "that guy", so getting tunneled is the only way during a match for killers to show you that no, t-bagging while running decisive strike doesn't make you an ebin troll XDDD. It's a non-verbal fuck off, and if you happen to get that treatment several times then maybe it's not "they kill me because I'm the ebin famous YTer XDDD", but rather people being tired of your terrible attitude.

Wasn't there an old video by Ardetha in which he details the "adventures" of Ochido in all his idiotic glory?

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/57097/developer-update-april-2019/p1?new=1

Choice highlights:

They're looking into literal game breaking bugs. No set time line when that's happening.

DEDICATED SERVERS
Back in December 2018, we announced that we will be bringing Dedicated Servers to Dead By Daylight by Summer 2019. We are currently testing the Dedicated Servers internally!

Migrating to Dedicated Servers is a process that will roll out over time, first on the PTB, and then, to a segmented percentage of the population on the live environment. This gradual roll out will allow our team to gather data and feedback to ensure the smoothest transition. The first public tests should happen in the next few weeks.

Nice but I wouldn't be surprised if they fuck something up like always.

LEGION UPDATE
The upcoming mid-chapter patch will include an update to The Legion. This is something the community has been requesting since its release back in December 2018. Stay tuned as we will reveal these changes in a blogpost next week.

The wording is intentionally vague but I'm guessing nerfs. Sad day because Legion is fine. The killer can be outplayed. But the twats kept crying about Legion so the devs will cater to them because reasons... Even though Nurse is still a thing and does what Legion does but is even better at it...

END GAME COLLAPSE
The upcoming mid-chapter will feature a major update to the end game. The objective of these changes is to make the end game more dynamic and exciting. We will reveal the new End Game Collapse in a video next week.

This is interesting because the game designer said in a stream last October about making the perk Blood Warden a default ability for all killers. So I guess we're getting something like that?

FREDDY REWORK
When we rework a killer, we aim to improve mechanics and powers by changing and adjusting existing concepts. For Freddy, we wanted to change the gameplay while staying true to the license: we realized quickly this is not something we could possibly do easily with our normal rework methods. The Freddy update then became a full gameplay overhaul. The rework is something more complex than we ever did for any killer before. We wanted Freddy changed, but we wanted to do it right and it would take more time than we anticipated.

Based on this knowledge, we decided to focus on global game mechanics or problems that affect a larger part of the Community (such as End Game Collapse & Infinite Loading). That being said, we have made a lot of progress with the Freddy Rework in the last couple of months and we will be able to give more details next month.

Interesting but who knows if this will be for the better or not. :optimistic: I hope that, since they were able to afford Bruce Campbell, that they'll pay Robert Englund his likeness fee and get him to cut some lines as Freddy. If they can afford convention regular and living legend Bruce Campbell then they can afford Robert Englund. It would right the wrong of giving us remake pedo Freddy.

Oh, and Ash's perk Mettle of Man is massively overpowered IF you're playing lower tier killers. The funny thing is that Myer's instant down, chainsaw killers, Legion and Nurse all bypass Mettle of Man. Everyone else is fucked and has to deal with it.

Last edited:

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the guy bought a new motherboard to get around the hardware ban.
I'm not gonna lie ... that's some goddamn impressive dedication. Begrudging respect for that.

Also, lol hardware bans. If you've seriously reached that point with your game, there's something wrong with your game that's on you to fix.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not gonna lie ... that's some goddamn impressive dedication. Begrudging respect for that.

Also, lol hardware bans. If you've seriously reached that point with your game, there's something wrong with your game that's on you to fix.

The guy usually gets around 100K views per YT video and has a shitload of autistic fans that behave just like him in game. The devs really hate the guy and his name is banned in their Twitch chat whenever they do a dev stream.

• Informative
Reactions: moocow

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The guy usually gets around 100K views per YT video and has a shitload of autistic fans that behave just like him in game. The devs really hate the guy and his name is banned in their Twitch chat whenever they do a dev stream.
Ah, so he can easily afford to buy a new license for the game each time he gets banned and presumably even the new motherboard didn't really come out of his pocket either then.

Meh. The devs can either keep banning him and scooping up that extra revenue each time, or figure out how to screw up his griefing. Maybe instead of banning him they can silently sabotage his account so that he's automatically visible and audible to all the other players throughout each match, or tweak his movement speed down, or otherwise kneecap him somehow so he wastes time figuring out he's being nerfed. Hell, make matchmaking take 10 minutes for him each round.

There's all sorts of stuff they could do if they really wanted to be rid of him.