Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

BriannaWoo

Semi-pro Politician (going Pro in a few seasons).
kiwifarms.net
Grabbed the plague DLC at the weekend (I only got it so I can watch Jane's ass when I play survivor) and for the life of me I can't play as the plague, I just get owned. Is there any particular trick/technique to playing her?

• Deviant
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grabbed the plague DLC at the weekend (I only got it so I can watch Jane's ass when I play survivor) and for the life of me I can't play as the plague, I just get owned. Is there any particular trick/technique to playing her?
Plague is OK at best but to make her good you need to stick Thanatophobia and probably Dying Light to make her actually good. Like high-mid tier.

That and you don't go to a fountain until at least 2 are sick and can be one shotted and you're in a good position, like shutting down a hook rescue.

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net
Get every single one of them infected (they can't hide since you can hear them) and chances are they will cleanse and give you a fountain. Thanatophobia and Dying light works very well with her power and her ultra rare Black Incense is great for adding pressure and for tracking. her best addons either start with a fountain corrupted or increase Vile purge's effectiveness.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That and don't prioritize getting them broken, not unless they're out in the open, just make sure they're sick and get a hit.

You can also puke on them when they're down or on a hook by aiming at their feet.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some interesting stats on DeathSlinger's add-ons a dude on Reddit found:

(Very Rare) Prison Chain: Considerably increases the amount of charges required to break free from the speargun.

(Common)Spit Polish Rag: Slightly decreases CD time after missed shots.

Want to know what these things actually do?

Prison Chain increases the number of charges to break the chain from 100 to 110.

In other words, this increases the drag duration (while being resisted but not blocked by terrain) from 5.7 seconds to 6.3 seconds (as the chains deplete by 2.5 c/s and reeling costs a further 15 c/s).

It's a 10% bonus.

Spit Polish Rag reduces the missed shot CD from 1.5 seconds to 1.25.

It's a 17% decrease,

The current state of tooltips isn't just Vague, it's downright misleading
TLDR the devs LIE.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Another one of their little propaganda videos. The change to Hangman's Trick will be nice.

As an aside I've been playing more Last Year and aside from the matchmaking it's much more solid experience. As a Killer in that game I feel like you have much more control over the situation when compared to the rest of the slasher games. And unlike the other devs, the Last Year guys don't take a million years to address crucial balance and game-breaking problems. Although, the optimization could be better. Which is another weird thing about all the slasher games in that they're badly optimized and force you to run at low settings.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Mobile version coming in the spring. You basically need a Galaxy phone to run this at 15-20 FPS.

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net

Mobile version coming in the spring. You basically need a Galaxy phone to run this at 15-20 FPS.
What a surprise, another unoptimized version of it.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's the studio that idolized Overkill. I have only come to expect mediocrity, let down and the worst balancing ever.
What is Overkill?

What a surprise, another unoptimized version of it.
I do wonder how many super autists will just play the mobile port through BlueStacks for stable frame rate and the advantage of mouse and keyboard.

A decent number is my guess. Low hundreds. Especially the Eurotrash fucks.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I recently unlocked Thanatophobia so I can troll Survivors with 'Forever Freddy' where you run Thana, Dying Light, Sloppy Butcher, with Swing Chains and something else. So far I've been 4 Manning with the build but I just want to troll the assholes back and make them suffer for once.

Getting some DC's but a decent number just don't like playing against Freddy.

By luck I was able to get Thana and Dying Light to tier 3 on my Plague super quickly. So I'm done with her, have all the best perks even though I have 30ish more levels to unlock for her. Unsure if I'll prestige her or not because I like Plague but I don't use her too much.

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
I recently unlocked Thanatophobia so I can troll Survivors with 'Forever Freddy' where you run Thana, Dying Light, Sloppy Butcher, with Swing Chains and something else. So far I've been 4 Manning with the build but I just want to troll the assholes back and make them suffer for once.

Getting some DC's but a decent number just don't like playing against Freddy.

By luck I was able to get Thana and Dying Light to tier 3 on my Plague super quickly. So I'm done with her, have all the best perks even though I have 30ish more levels to unlock for her. Unsure if I'll prestige her or not because I like Plague but I don't use her too much.
I only use plague with her black incense with Thana and Dying Light, you either stay injured which means a penalty and you get your location revealed everytime you puke, or cleanse and I use the vile purge which shuts down certain loops.

• Thunk-Provoking

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I only use plague with her black incense with Thana and Dying Light, you either stay injured which means a penalty and you get your location revealed everytime you puke, or cleanse and I use the vile purge which shuts down certain loops.
What I like about Plague is that I feel like I can actually leave the hook and get rewarded. The rescuer gets infected.

They don't have the balls to do it, out of fear of offending China, but they should do a Corona-Chan cosmetic for Plague.

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
What I like about Plague is that I feel like I can actually leave the hook and get rewarded. The rescuer gets infected.

They don't have the balls to do it, out of fear of offending China, but they should do a Corona-Chan cosmetic for Plague.
I would love a Bubonic Plague as well. One of my favorite things about plague is that infected survivors aren't affected by that annoying sound bug and the immersed/stealthy ones can't hide as well.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would love a Bubonic Plague as well. One of my favorite things about plague is that infected survivors aren't affected by that annoying sound bug and the immersed/stealthy ones can't hide as well.
What I also like about Plague is trolling them by repeatedly puking on them after they taunt and tea-bag.

Edit: it would be funny if they were forced to remove Plague for the Chinese release to appease their Communist overlords.

Last edited:

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
So I've played a little of the game now for a few days and I've picked up the following

1)The killers seem to expected to maintain arcane and counter intuative codes of honor, despite the fact the game seems to favour survivors. As far as I can tell their are no off limit strategies for the survivor as I seemed free to do whatever I wished. including being a total dick in the lobby and taunting the killer
2)Camping by dead by daylight standards appear to the following
- searching an area you know a Survivor is in
-Anticipating where a Survivor is going to be and heading them off.
-Homing in on someone due to abilities or giveaways.
-failing to fall for an obvious bait.
-using traps
-ambushes in general
-standing still at any point

3) Bizzarely succesfully hunting and killing a Survivor is considered being a boring noob. Being a higher level and using items is also apparantly cheating. Even if the survivors win.

4) face camping is apparantly the worst and bassically involved waiting around in the general proximity of the hook for the invitable rescue attempt...or simply not leaving the area quickly enough once hooked.

With all this in mind I personally hate the survivors and feel I'm providing a service by babysitting these idiots away from games where you are required to compete on an even playing field. Combined with the enjoyment of hunting and their post game asshurt and I think I'll really enjoy this game.

Congratulations for all the survivors for becoming my personal lolcows. their salt has been noticed and I shall enjoy watching them squirm on that hook.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I've played a little of the game now for a few days and I've picked up the following

1)The killers seem to expected to maintain arcane and counter intuative codes of honor, despite the fact the game seems to favour survivors. As far as I can tell their are no off limit strategies for the survivor as I seemed free to do whatever I wished. including being a total dick in the lobby and taunting the killer
2)Camping by dead by daylight standards appear to the following
- searching an area you know a Survivor is in
-Anticipating where a Survivor is going to be and heading them off.
-Homing in on someone due to abilities or giveaways.
-failing to fall for an obvious bait.
-using traps
-ambushes in general
-standing still at any point

3) Bizzarely succesfully hunting and killing a Survivor is considered being a boring noob. Being a higher level and using items is also apparantly cheating. Even if the survivors win.

4) face camping is apparantly the worst and bassically involved waiting around in the general proximity of the hook for the invitable rescue attempt...or simply not leaving the area quickly enough once hooked.

With all this in mind I personally hate the survivors and feel I'm providing a service by babysitting these idiots away from games where you are required to compete on an even playing field. Combined with the enjoyment of hunting and their post game asshurt and I think I'll really enjoy this game.

Congratulations for all the survivors for becoming my personal lolcows. their salt has been noticed and I shall enjoy watching them squirm on that hook.
Welcome to the insanity that is DbD. It's almost a masochistic experience to main Killer.

Tags
None