Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net
So I've played a little of the game now for a few days and I've picked up the following

1)The killers seem to expected to maintain arcane and counter intuative codes of honor, despite the fact the game seems to favour survivors. As far as I can tell their are no off limit strategies for the survivor as I seemed free to do whatever I wished. including being a total dick in the lobby and taunting the killer
2)Camping by dead by daylight standards appear to the following
- searching an area you know a Survivor is in
-Anticipating where a Survivor is going to be and heading them off.
-Homing in on someone due to abilities or giveaways.
-failing to fall for an obvious bait.
-using traps
-ambushes in general
-standing still at any point

3) Bizzarely succesfully hunting and killing a Survivor is considered being a boring noob. Being a higher level and using items is also apparantly cheating. Even if the survivors win.

4) face camping is apparantly the worst and bassically involved waiting around in the general proximity of the hook for the invitable rescue attempt...or simply not leaving the area quickly enough once hooked.

With all this in mind I personally hate the survivors and feel I'm providing a service by babysitting these idiots away from games where you are required to compete on an even playing field. Combined with the enjoyment of hunting and their post game asshurt and I think I'll really enjoy this game.

Congratulations for all the survivors for becoming my personal lolcows. their salt has been noticed and I shall enjoy watching them squirm on that hook.
Welcome to the club, this is the game that made everyone I know make their profiles private or only allow friends to message them on Xbox One/Playstation.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Welcome to the insanity that is DbD. It's almost a masochistic experience to main Killer.

Fortunatly I'm the sort of person who posts on Kiwi farms, so their explosive responses is personally enjoyable. Some survivors do seem sportsmanlike so I'm trying make a habit of applaud them when they act like someone without severe anger managment problems whose never faced any obstacle or setback ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fortunatly I'm the sort of person who posts on Kiwi farms, so their explosive responses is personally enjoyable. Some survivors do seem sportsmanlike so I'm trying make a habit of applaud them when they act like someone without severe anger managment problems.
There is a certain joy to trolling these sub-humans back but then you get matched to a 3-4 man SWF that collectively has 20K hours in the game. Oh, you didn't bring a mori? Got a shitty map? Not using a top tier Killer? GG's. Time to get tea-bagged at exit gate and told how impossibly bad you are while some soyboy faggot cries every night into their 'Hillary 2016' blanket their boyfriend paid $200 for at a rally and is cooed softly to sleep while being promised next time they'll win and Killer Mains are just like Trump-supporting Alt-Right incel white supremist Nazi's that need to be reminded that they're on the wrong side of history and the developers see it their way and just need to be reminded to support their local Antifa group as they choke down handfuls of Ambien with their Starbucks Expresso they bought at Whole Foods.

• Mad at the Internet
Reactions: Catgirl IRL

Tism the Return

your favorite 60 years old Mega Man boss
kiwifarms.net
Ok this entire thread just feels like salty killers. Is there any perspective from the survivor side in here?
I rarely play DbD but when I do I play survivor. Other than a couple of killer pals all my buddies treat the game as some casual game to mess around while mildly drunk on weekends and thus exclusively play survivor. Since we as a group have insight on how obnoxious life is for killers we avoid tryharding as a SWF stack and general idiotic shit. It's not a game you can get too invested in winning as hard as possible when the odds are hilariously stacked in your favor.

As something of an addendum the guys that play killer have gotten more personal attacks both in-game and on Steam than the times they went out of their way to act like shitheads and pick fights in games before. Somehow DbD manages to out-asshole shit like Dota 2 and CS:GO.

• Agree

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
Ok this entire thread just feels like salty killers. Is there any perspective from the survivor side in here?
I play both sides, killer for the most part has had it harder since the game came out. My problems with survivor come from useless/boosted teammates and those who like to dc/hook suicide. Most losing matches are usually do to go killers who often snowball off of survivor mistakes and certain killers having a major advantage on maps like The Game and Lery's. Other than that, survivor tends to be boring

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As something of an addendum the guys that play killer have gotten more personal attacks both in-game and on Steam than the times they went out of their way to act like shitheads and pick fights in games before. Somehow DbD manages to out-asshole shit like Dota 2 and CS:GO.
This is old but pertinent: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/695gae/update_salty_survivor_sent_me_pizzas/

I know I've been DDOS'd by shitheads at least 2-3 times. And then there's the flashlight bug which I have no idea if it's still in the game or not. The flashlight bug is/was when you assigned the action for the turning on the flashlight to a macro. Normally, the faggots just set it so they can repeatedly click the flashlight so it produces an extremely obnoxious noise. But, they can set the macro to a level to where it clicks enough that it makes the game crash and sends you back to the game's menu.

I've had a handful of matches where faggots did that because they're faggots.

BriannaWoo

Semi-pro Politician (going Pro in a few seasons).
kiwifarms.net
I don't blame survivors or killers for being sweaty. At its core it is a competitive game albeit a very lopsided one. I certainly wouldn't use it as a game to chill out on unless doing a kill your friends game.

What is stupid is sweaty SWF feeling they have achieved a massive feat of skill by winning. The game was never designed to have comms between survivors, swf was only added in as they just weren't going to get a decent player base otherwise. They have done nothing meaningful to address the imbalance this created and means that if done correctly, which requires minimal effort, the entire team will always know where the killer is and what they are doing.

• Agree

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
To be fair a survivor gave me a lot of good tips when I was total shit as Hillbilly he sensed I was a newbie and gave a couple of hints and pointers. He also recommended I keep working with Trapper and suggested Myers as a DLC from my approach.

Good bloke would play again.

• Feels

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't blame survivors or killers for being sweaty. At its core it is a competitive game albeit a very lopsided one. I certainly wouldn't use it as a game to chill out on unless doing a kill your friends game.

What is stupid is sweaty SWF feeling they have achieved a massive feat of skill by winning. The game was never designed to have comms between survivors, swf was only added in as they just weren't going to get a decent player base otherwise. They have done nothing meaningful to address the imbalance this created and means that if done correctly, which requires minimal effort, the entire team will always know where the killer is and what they are doing.
It's funny because the diehard autists use the excuse that it's not a competitive game and then turn around and say how Killers should play the game while they run around with keys, instant heal, Dead Hard, DS and Borrowed Time.

• Agree
Reactions: HiddenFist

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Patch notes are out. No changes to Saboteur and it takes them 2 seconds to break a hook... Someone over there at Behavior thinks this is fine. :lunacy:

Oh, and they nerfed the range of Hangman's Trick to 6 meters which is nothing. So glad I unlocked that perk right now...

Think I'll just take a break until after they pull their heads out of their ass and rework saboteur so it's not exceptional and add breakable walls to all maps.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Auto Aim sucks and should be optional. It can completely screw up Pig's dash attack and Legion in Frenzy. Even the forum agrees.
There's zero reason for it to exist on PC. That came later with the console ports. Another example is old Freddy when you're trying to down a guy in dream state and another guy -who isn't in dream state- body blocks him, you can be right on the guy's ass but it would auto-aim to the guy not in dreamstate. That was a thing since day 1 for old Freddy and they never addressed it. Not that it matters now with re-worked Freddy.

All they have to do is give you the option of turning it on or off. This cannot be some monumental task that is impossible to do.

Reactions: HiddenFist

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
There's zero reason for it to exist on PC. That came later with the console ports. Another example is old Freddy when you're trying to down a guy in dream state and another guy -who isn't in dream state- body blocks him, you can be right on the guy's ass but it would auto-aim to the guy not in dreamstate. That was a thing since day 1 for old Freddy and they never addressed it. Not that it matters now with re-worked Freddy.

All they have to do is give you the option of turning it on or off. This cannot be some monumental task that is impossible to do.
What do you know? Hangman's trick only works 6 meters instead of 16 meters now and Gearhead is 30 seconds max instead of 45 seconds. The breakable wall in the killer shack on the new map? It's on the opposite side of the pallet now. That damn perma blind bug is still not fixed along with other various killer bugs still not fixed. There's also another problem with the new map: there are areas where the survivor can hide and can't spot them at all (I wonder how long will that take to fix)?

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What do you know? Hangman's trick only works 6 meters instead of 16 meters now and Gearhead is 30 seconds max instead of 45 seconds. The breakable wall in the killer shack on the new map? It's on the opposite side of the pallet now. That damn perma blind bug is still not fixed along with other various killer bugs still not fixed. There's also another problem with the new map: there are areas where the survivor can hide and can't spot them at all (I wonder how long will that take to fix)?
I feel like a tard for grabbing Pig for Hangman's Trick. On the plus side, there's Surveillance and Make Your Choice. I saw Otz use Gearhead and it looks completely worthless. The only perk that's worthwhile on Deathslinger is the Hex perk and I don't like Hex perks at all. Having a perk determined by BS RNG isn't worthwhile.

HiddenFist

kiwifarms.net
I feel like a tard for grabbing Pig for Hangman's Trick. On the plus side, there's Surveillance and Make Your Choice. I saw Otz use Gearhead and it looks completely worthless. The only perk that's worthwhile on Deathslinger is the Hex perk and I don't like Hex perks at all. Having a perk determined by BS RNG isn't worthwhile.
I only got use out of Retribution when I used Haunted Grounds next to it and a survivor literally cleansed Hunter Grounds half a second before I lunged at a survivor and downed 2 others as well since they were next to each other.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New map is insanely good for Freddy. They really can't do much to get away once they're in dream state. New map is kind of bad for Hillbilly because there's so many pallets close to each other and you can't really get a good chainsaw on them. Very similar to the Stranger Things map only you have map control with Billy in this situation.

Breakable walls are okay. It looks like they want to implement them close to window vaults which is good. And I like that the breakable wall is optional so you can do some fuckery if you have Bamboozle or using a specific Killer. It's kind of pointless to break the wall in the Killer shack until that pallet is gone. Once that insanely safe pallet is gone then it's probably a good idea to break the wall not unless you have Bamboozle.

Edit: the revised Doctor add-ons are amazing. They took away all the down sides to using ones that increase the range on his zap. He gets a Very Rare that reduces the startup time of the zap (NICE! I've been requesting this since forever with the good Doctor). And two add-ons that reduce the cool down on his Static Blast to find Survivors.

Last edited:
Tags
None