Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Sharing this because seeing this streamer faggot get pissed off was hilarious.

For randos to this thread, most of the streamers for this game are absolute cancer.

Edit: I've been using the Plague a lot more in tribute to the CoronaVirus and, holy shit, Monitor and Abuse is a really good perk on this bitch. Massively underrated perk on the Plague. It allows you to get super close to the little bastards.

Last edited:

ZeCommissar

Cutest commissar this side of the segmentum
kiwifarms.net
So I've played a little of the game now for a few days and I've picked up the following

1)The killers seem to expected to maintain arcane and counter intuative codes of honor, despite the fact the game seems to favour survivors. As far as I can tell their are no off limit strategies for the survivor as I seemed free to do whatever I wished. including being a total dick in the lobby and taunting the killer
2)Camping by dead by daylight standards appear to the following
- searching an area you know a Survivor is in
-Anticipating where a Survivor is going to be and heading them off.
-Homing in on someone due to abilities or giveaways.
-failing to fall for an obvious bait.
-using traps
-ambushes in general
-standing still at any point

3) Bizzarely succesfully hunting and killing a Survivor is considered being a boring noob. Being a higher level and using items is also apparantly cheating. Even if the survivors win.

4) face camping is apparantly the worst and bassically involved waiting around in the general proximity of the hook for the invitable rescue attempt...or simply not leaving the area quickly enough once hooked.

With all this in mind I personally hate the survivors and feel I'm providing a service by babysitting these idiots away from games where you are required to compete on an even playing field. Combined with the enjoyment of hunting and their post game asshurt and I think I'll really enjoy this game.

Congratulations for all the survivors for becoming my personal lolcows. their salt has been noticed and I shall enjoy watching them squirm on that hook.
I've played this game since it came out in June of 2016 with a few breaks here and there that are sometimes even up to 3 months long due to boredom/other games/life. Anyone else remember when hillbilly, trapper, and wraith were the only killers, or when you couldn't even damage gens in the first place? I do.

Anyway you are completely correct that survivors have "rules" for killers that they get butthurt about when you beat them. Yet survivors have no qualms about being in a 4 man DS SWF.

My biggest tip is play however you want to play. Even if its toxic. As long as you aren't doing things like holding someone hostage (bodyblocking someone in a corner and going afk for 30 mins), or actually using hacks. If survivors get to play however they want to, then killer mains can too. No perk/addon combo, offering, or style of play is off limits. NOED every game if you want to, although I don't think you will improve if you do that IMO.

I do have my own code of honor if survs aren't being toxic little fucks. I don't hookcamp unless someone was dumb enough to leave scratch marks around it since it makes the game somewhat more challenging. I usually don't tunnel unless I am having a hard game, or they are just dumb enough to get back in my way after being saved. I kinda play like how I would want to be treated if I was a non-toxic survivor. With that being said, I rarely show mercy and will even slug my way to victory if that's what it takes.

For some reason people crying in the endgame chat doesn't happen that much to me anymore no matter how much I stomp. It's either them blaming their team, or just saying gg. I do love it when it does happen and I can bask in their salt.

One tip I have for those still wanting to try out plague: If someone is going to a infinite throw up on them and leave them alone to go to a different gen. They either have to cleanse and risk you getting corrupt purge, or they don't and they stay broken. Its almost like a free hit in that way. One very good addon combo is the one that increases the effectiveness of vile purge considerably, and the one that increases the charge rate. You can charge up to full and unleash on them so quickly they don't have much room to counterplay.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've played this game since it came out in June of 2016 with a few breaks here and there that are sometimes even up to 3 months long due to boredom/other games/life. Anyone else remember when hillbilly, trapper, and wraith were the only killers, or when you couldn't even damage gens in the first place? I do.

Anyway you are completely correct that survivors have "rules" for killers that they get butthurt about when you beat them. Yet survivors have no qualms about being in a 4 man DS SWF.

My biggest tip is play however you want to play. Even if its toxic. As long as you aren't doing things like holding someone hostage (bodyblocking someone in a corner and going afk for 30 mins), or actually using hacks. If survivors get to play however they want to, then killer mains can too. No perk/addon combo, offering, or style of play is off limits. NOED every game if you want to, although I don't think you will improve if you do that IMO.

I do have my own code of honor if survs aren't being toxic little fucks. I don't hookcamp unless someone was dumb enough to leave scratch marks around it since it makes the game somewhat more challenging. I usually don't tunnel unless I am having a hard game, or they are just dumb enough to get back in my way after being saved. I kinda play like how I would want to be treated if I was a non-toxic survivor. With that being said, I rarely show mercy and will even slug my way to victory if that's what it takes.

For some reason people crying in the endgame chat doesn't happen that much to me anymore no matter how much I stomp. It's either them blaming their team, or just saying gg. I do love it when it does happen and I can bask in their salt.

One tip I have for those still wanting to try out plague: If someone is going to a infinite throw up on them and leave them alone to go to a different gen. They either have to cleanse and risk you getting corrupt purge, or they don't and they stay broken. Its almost like a free hit in that way. One very good addon combo is the one that increases the effectiveness of vile purge considerably, and the one that increases the charge rate. You can charge up to full and unleash on them so quickly they don't have much room to counterplay.
Welcome. I like to think that this thread is popular enough that it pisses off the people at Behavior that they can't shut anyone down over here.

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net
My biggest gripe is that they still are not fixing bugs that have been around going on 3 years, I seriously wish they would stop with the cosmetics and just focus an update solely on fixing the numerous glitches and bugs. I had to DC yesterday because a survivor was stuck in the healing animation and endgame wouldn't kill him. It's also funny how they fixed Nurse's exploit that makes her fast but not the other bugs that have been around for years since her first nerf. It also wouldn't hurt to put in a fucking practice mode with a better tutorial to boosted survivors know what to do as survivor and against killers they love to DC against.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net

I tend to moderate my approach like you, the cheating little fucks body blocked me as the Wraith early game so I turned into the nastyest tunneling camper, turned the game into a nightmore for them one told me he hoped I died of the Corona virus. The same time I was playing a bunch of people who had no idea what they were doing so I played soft ball.

When I play as survivor I never taunt because it's the height of bad form, the closest I get to camping is trapper because his MO requires close proximety to location, frankly I tend to lay a lot of traps once I've hooked someone because why wouldnt I?

• DRINK!
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you screenshotted the coronavirus comment you can get the guy banned. I'd do it.

I play how I want, the only trolling I do is hit them on the hook or let them bleed out. With Trapper you kind of have to 3 gen it. Otz admits to that.

My strategy with Plague is to never go to fountain unless I'm in a really good situation, specifically shutting down a hook rescue. Otherwise I just let them cleanse, waste their time, until I'm in a good situation or automatically get Corrupt purge.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Emperor Julian

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Had a Freddy match against a 4 man SWF. Pretty obnoxious with trying to bait Head On and -fortunately- tried to always go for a save. But I'm Freddy and I hooked an asshole in the basement right next to a gen. And Freddy counters Borrowed Time. Won that one. Didn't get much salt but getting hit by Head On always pisses me off because it can be a very difficult perk to counter. But being able to counter a top tier cancer perk like Borrowed Time makes such a huge difference.

I wouldn't mind Borrowed Time if it was one time use like it used to be a million years ago. I think that would be more than fair and force Survivors to actually use their brain and think of when to use this perk. It was annoying back in the day but it was mostly just annoying if they did it when all the gens were done and the gates were open. Because then both players got away and then you'd have to contend with old DS.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Just bought the Haloween, I'm really enjoying myers. my body count has doubled and the survivors seem to fuck up way more than the trapper.
Also this Is something I'm going to work towards

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just bought the Haloween, I'm really enjoying myers. my body count has doubled and the survivors seem to fuck up way more than the trapper.
Also this Is something I'm going to work towards
It's better if you have Play With Your Food on Myers to negate the movement penalty and when you kill people you don't lose stacks on PWYF. Just remember you can't kill them if they're vaulting or in a locker.

Play With Your Food, Corrupt Intervention, and either Discordance or Infectious Fright to find dudes. Or both. Or Nemesis + PWYF so you're guaranteed to get an obsession early. Pair Nemesis and PWYF with the add-on that increases stalk on the Obsession to get it even faster.

PS: in general, Monitor and Abuse is really good on Myers. When using that perk on him you have zero terror radius in EW1, eight meters in EW2, and twenty four in EW3. It can be reduced by another 2-4 meters if you use the dead rabbit add-on.

PPS: Bamboozle is exceptionally good on Myers. When in EW3 with Bamboozle you vault as quickly as Survivors. I consider Bamboozle a must-have perk on him.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Update

Supposedly this made aiming as the Deathslinger worse and it re-introduced the blinding bug in the basement. If you hook a survivor in the basement they get blinded like they were flashlighted. 😂

ZeCommissar

Cutest commissar this side of the segmentum
kiwifarms.net
Yeah trapper is pretty weak without certain perks like corrupt intervention or any other perks that slow the game down. He was hit hard with the hag post ruin nerf. His only real thing is that he is a 3 gen god and can permanently shut down loops with his ultra rare stone addon, especially now since they recently buffed his traps to where they can't be sabotaged, and he can reset them without picking them back up (fucking finally)

Zappy Boi (The Doctor) is starting to become my favorite again. His recent rework finally gives him enough needed edge to be a decent killer. You can run some real cancerous shit on him to make life very hard for survivors. Distressing, plus Calm, and Order at their highest tiers while doing a 3 gen strat can extend games to ludicrous amounts of time. Replace those addons with the high stimulus electrode + interview tape addon and its almost GG. Putting on surveillance + Overcharge + Pop/Thantophobia + Corrupt intervention makes this overkill. Ill sometimes replace surveillance with nurses to see them snapping out of it.

Dark devotion is also fucking hilarious on Doctor with the Static Blast. Since static blast happens from the terror radius you can wait for the obsession to run to other survivors and get them from across the map while you're focused on something else.

Which DLC killer should I buy next? I could just buy all of them since money isn't a problem, but I like to work towards something slowly. The ones i'm missing are: Freddy, Demogorgon, GF, Deathslinger, and Legion. I'm trying to go on a "prestige every killer to P1, then P3" goal.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah trapper is pretty weak without certain perks like corrupt intervention or any other perks that slow the game down. He was hit hard with the hag post ruin nerf. His only real thing is that he is a 3 gen god and can permanently shut down loops with his ultra rare stone addon, especially now since they recently buffed his traps to where they can't be sabotaged, and he can reset them without picking them back up (fucking finally)

Zappy Boi (The Doctor) is starting to become my favorite again. His recent rework finally gives him enough needed edge to be a decent killer. You can run some real cancerous shit on him to make life very hard for survivors. Distressing, plus Calm, and Order at their highest tiers while doing a 3 gen strat can extend games to ludicrous amounts of time. Replace those addons with the high stimulus electrode + interview tape addon and its almost GG. Putting on surveillance + Overcharge + Pop/Thantophobia + Corrupt intervention makes this overkill. Ill sometimes replace surveillance with nurses to see them snapping out of it.

Dark devotion is also fucking hilarious on Doctor with the Static Blast. Since static blast happens from the terror radius you can wait for the obsession to run to other survivors and get them from across the map while you're focused on something else.

Which DLC killer should I buy next? I could just buy all of them since money isn't a problem, but I like to work towards something slowly. The ones i'm missing are: Freddy, Demogorgon, GF, Deathslinger, and Legion. I'm trying to go on a "prestige every killer to P1, then P3" goal.
Get Freddy. He's one of the best Killers in the game, IMHO he's #2, and he's one of the very few not reliant on add-ons. Just avoid the fake pallet add-ons and you're good. His teachable perks are kind of meh but Bloodwarden has it's uses. Just avoid unlocking Fire Up because it's completely worthless.

He also counters Borrowed Time if the survivor doing the rescue is in dream state.

Last edited:

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Get Freddy. He's one of the best Killers in the game, IMHO he's #2, and he's one of the very few not reliant on add-ons. Just avoid the fake pallet add-ons and you're good. His teachable perks are kind of meh but Bloodwarden has it's uses. Just avoid unlocking Fire Up because it's completely worthless.

He also counters Borrowed Time if the survivor doing the rescue is in dream state.
From Zero to Hero the fredster is back and ready to haunt players dreams.

• Agree

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Both work in context, but I was mainly going for super freddy. I really need to rewatch the Classic Nightmare on elm street movies now.
IMHO part 3 Dream Warriors is the best, then 5 the Dream Child.

I think they took inspiration for Freddy's snares from this scene from Dream Warriors.

It's just a shame that it's not Robert Englund and he doesn't talk.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
IMHO part 3 Dream Warriors is the best, then 5 the Dream Child.

I think they took inspiration for Freddy's snares from this scene from Dream Warriors.

It's just a shame that it's not Robert Englund and he doesn't talk.
Is it really freddy if he doesn't talk. For all we know freddy in game is just Sharp Hand joe.

But then again Sharp hand joe has more personality then the reboot freddy.

• Thunk-Provoking
Tags
None