Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

How long until the devs nerf Pyramid Head?

• By end of PTB

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 3 weeks after the release goes live

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 3-6 months like Legion

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • He'll remain the same or possibly get buffs and be accused of being Pay 2 Win

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah, so he can easily afford to buy a new license for the game each time he gets banned and presumably even the new motherboard didn't really come out of his pocket either then.

Meh. The devs can either keep banning him and scooping up that extra revenue each time, or figure out how to screw up his griefing. Maybe instead of banning him they can silently sabotage his account so that he's automatically visible and audible to all the other players throughout each match, or tweak his movement speed down, or otherwise kneecap him somehow so he wastes time figuring out he's being nerfed. Hell, make matchmaking take 10 minutes for him each round.

There's all sorts of stuff they could do if they really wanted to be rid of him.
The devs routinely break their game and aren't technically adept at it at all. That's something Blizzard could easily do but not these guys.

Ochido is like herpes, he'll just keep coming back until DbD dies and he'll probably move on to some other niche game with poor balance and optimization.

Reactions: moocow

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's something Blizzard could easily do but not these guys.
Oh, that's a bummer then. It sounds like the guy's trolling the devs as much as he's trolling the players. I wonder what they did to earn his ire.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, that's a bummer then. It sounds like the guy's trolling the devs as much as he's trolling the players. I wonder what they did to earn his ire.
I would suggest that they created him. They overlooked horrifically bad balance issues and exploits and shitheads like this guy simply took advantage of it. The devs could focus their efforts on stomping out bugs, exploits and balance issues but they're not particularly smart. I've been hoping for another slasher game to happen that one ups DbD but every single followup slasher game has failed. The latest one Last Year: the Nightmare didn't even make it out the gate before falling on every key in its pocket.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would suggest that they created him. They overlooked horrifically bad balance issues and exploits and shitheads like this guy simply took advantage of it. The devs could focus their efforts on stomping out bugs, exploits and balance issues but they're not particularly smart. I've been hoping for another slasher game to happen that one ups DbD but every single followup slasher game has failed. The latest one Last Year: the Nightmare didn't even make it out the gate before falling on every key in its pocket.
Wasn't there also a Friday the 13th game that got shuttered unexpectedly when some dispute cropped up with the IP owner and he was a relentless asshole about it? That was a shame because the videos I saw of that game made it look pretty entertaining.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there also a Friday the 13th game that got shuttered unexpectedly when some dispute cropped up with the IP owner and he was a relentless asshole about it? That was a shame because the videos I saw of that game made it look pretty entertaining.
That's another story but there was a lawsuit between the screenwriter of the original film and Sean Cunningham who owns it and that supposedly shut down the game. There's a theory that the devs just wanted to abandon the game and move on and used the lawsuit as an excuse.

• Informative

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's another story but there was a lawsuit between the screenwriter of the original film and Sean Cunningham who owns it and that supposedly shut down the game. There's a theory that the devs just wanted to abandon the game and move on and used the lawsuit as an excuse.
That sucks. Why are all the good ideas scooped up, hoarded and ruined by assholes? :(

• Feels
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That sucks. Why are all the good ideas scooped up, hoarded and ruined by assholes? :(
All it takes is one AAA dev or any competent dev to do an asymmetric slasher game right. The thing to note is that every single one of these games was done by indie devs with poor experience. The Friday the 13th guys previously worked on Sonic Boom for the WiiU. I rest my case. There's obviously a market for this kind of game and it's shocking that no one with talent and money have tried jumping on it.

Reactions: Pop-Tart and moocow

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All it takes is one AAA dev or any competent dev to do an asymmetric slasher game right. The thing to note is that every single one of these games was done by indie devs with poor experience. The Friday the 13th guys previously worked on Sonic Boom for the WiiU. I rest my case. There's obviously a market for this kind of game and it's shocking that no one with talent and money have tried jumping on it.
Let's just pray EA, Blizzard or Epic don't take up that challenge.

• Feels

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ghostface from the Scream franchise might be coming.

I stole that from the subreddit. Also, fun fact, the subreddit loves to shadowban people. Especially people who bring up balance issues regarding the Survivors.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/57702/the-legion-update

They just annihilated the Legion killer. Just completely gutted the character and in turn gave Borrowed Time yet another buff. The Deep Wound status now doesn't go down if they're in the killer's terror radius. The only meaningful buff Legion got was normal movement speed. That's it. Their power got absolutely destroyed. This is all thanks to the survivor side of the community that endlessly whined and ragequitted against the character.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/59071/2-7-0-mid-chapter-player-test-build#latest

They nerfed Legion even harder than expected and doubled the amount of stun when exiting Frenzy and slowed down the pallet vaulting. So basically, they destroyed Legion. A big "fuck you" to anyone who bought that character.

The most puzzling part of this PTB (and most changes in the PTB go live anyway despite being insanely buggy or the community hates it) is that the devs decided to nerf the Saw killer AKA The Pig. They made her reverse bear traps even worse. Keep in mind that the Pig was -at best- a mid-tier killer. Some think she's bottom tier.

The community has had enough and demanding that Behavior not go through with most of their planned changes. We'll see what happens.

The 8 of Spades

Kiwi Farms' Friendly Local SALVATION™ Salesman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had gotten this game a long while back and think I played maybe 3 rounds before I quit. It seemed like there was no lvl matching basically, it's like my first game and I just got shut down so fast that it didn't seem predicated on skill at all, I assumed massive power creep for those with levels, and the whole thing seemed like it was going to be absolutely frustrating to get decent at.

Good to know I wasn't completely wrong and that I haven't really missed much by not trying to hard to get back into it. Sucks though, because I'd really love a game like this done really well.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had gotten this game a long while back and think I played maybe 3 rounds before I quit. It seemed like there was no lvl matching basically, it's like my first game and I just got shut down so fast that it didn't seem predicated on skill at all, I assumed massive power creep for those with levels, and the whole thing seemed like it was going to be absolutely frustrating to get decent at.

Good to know I wasn't completely wrong and that I haven't really missed much by not trying to hard to get back into it. Sucks though, because I'd really love a game like this done really well.
Almost a year ago they changed the matchmaking and segregated players who are above rank 10 so they cannot get into matches against lower rank players... Not unless they play SWF and one of the players is of a lower rank so they can join. A lot of survivor mains purposely de-rank so they can troll newbie killers.

• Informative
Reactions: The 8 of Spades

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's more; I've been told through people who know people (or watch people in this case) that the dev's excuse for the severe Legion nerfs is that "It's only phase one." Yes, you read that correctly. The developers are so insanely incompetent that they just care about nerfing the absolute shit out of Legion and then they claim they will buff Legion "some time later."

Can you imagine any other game developer getting away with this shit? Can you imagine ID/Bethesda doing that (pulling a title out of my ass) with Quake Champions? "Oh, don't worry. We're just going to nerf the shit out of the rocket launcher so it's worthless. But don't worry, we'll buff it later at some undisclosed date and we're not going to tell you what we have planned."

Last edited:

Pop-Tart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How much of the current balance is done to please the twitch streamers? I know some games where the meta is pretty much dictated to the devs by the streamers.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How much of the current balance is done to please the twitch streamers? I know some games where the meta is pretty much dictated to the devs by the streamers.
The vast majority of the streamers almost exclusively play survivor. Not only that but most of them troll by tea-bagging, repeatedly clicking the flashlight with a turbo button (it's an extremely annoying noise that I can't find a video of but god help you if they do this and you're wearing headphones), and ragequitting. These people are also considered "Fog Whisperers" which is Behavior's fancy term for Influencers.

Very few streamers main killer or even use killer very often.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They updated the PTB and reverted some changes:

BALANCE
End Game Collapse changes:

• Changed the opening exit gate time for Survivors from 15 seconds back to 20 seconds.
  • Decreased the End Game Collapse timer duration from 3 minutes to 2 minutes.
Legion changes:

• The Legion can search lockers while in Feral Frenzy.
  • Adjusted the values for The Legion's fatigue-reducing add-ons:
    • Julie's Mix Tape: was -0.25s, now -0.2s
    • Joey's Mix Tape: was -0.5s, now -0.4s
    • Cold Dirt: was -1.0s, now -0.6s
BUG FIXES

• Fixed an issue that caused Killers not to receive loud noise notifications for most actions.
  • Fixed an issue that caused male Survivors to have the incorrect crawling animation while using the Tenacity perk.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the End Game Collapse timer to permanently slow down if a Survivor disconnected while in crawl state.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Prove Thyself not to grant repair speed bonus.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Item picked up SFX is triggered when entering a Trial with an item.
  • Fixed an issue that caused The Cannibals Chainsaw File, Homemade Muffler and Carburetor Tuning Guide add-ons not to reduce the sound of the Chainsaw.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some assets to have low-resolution textures/LODs.
  • Fixed multiple cases that caused public matches to start with multiple Killers and/or less than 5 generators to repair.
Legion is still terrible. They still increased the stun time when exiting Frenzy and slowed down the pallet vaulting. They reverted one of the nerfs to the Saw killler (Pig) in that the timer on the traps is not affected by the terror radius. The traps are still worthless in the new end game. So, whatever? The severely autistic community considers this some kind of victory. Everyone else, including killer streamers, are planning on abandoning this shit show.

The assholes went the extra step to nerf Legion's add-ons that reduce the stun time when exiting Frenzy just as another "fuck you" to anyone who uses Legion.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

You think it sounds alien-ish but I read a comment that say's one of the sounds is like Leviathan from Hellbound: Hellraiser 2. So, Pinhead is coming? Gives some credence to the theory that after splitting from StarBreeze the devs couldn't use licensed killers for a while.

I'm basically done with the game. I'm just sick of the trolling from survivors and the unending coddling they get. Maybe Pinhead will pull me back in? Hopefully then assholes actually get punished for ragequitting? I doubt it.

Will the devs bother to pay the likeness rights to Doug Bradley and get him to record some lines? Who knows. They could model him after the guy who played Pinhead in Judgement (who did a good job) and looked close to Doug Bradley.

But, knowing these devs and their quality control he'll probably end up looking like the guy from Revelations.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I dunno, I could see 'em easily getting Bruce Campbell on board for this, doubt the guy would ask for more cash. As for Freddy, wasn't there a whole issue they were only given the reboot version because the studio didn't wanna give 'em the OG version for some dumb reason. Quiet frankly, I'm kinda waiting to see at what point will they get say the Ghost Face killer from Scream or The HookMan from I know what you did last summer. Also would be nice to see the Creeper from JeepersCreepers
Looks like you got your wish:

Latest update dropped and accidentally put Ghostface from Scream in the game. Further proving the rumor that Starbreeze put a restriction on them to not use licensed characters for a year. Unfortunately the update is kind of a shitshow. The game still crashes randomly. But now if you use an offering and the game crashes or assholes disconnect because they don't like you using a mori for a example, you now don't lose the offering. Something that should have been in the game years ago finally gets added. They changed the farm maps and made the loop spots no longer see-through and fixed the window spawning in the Lery's map so -hopefully- survivors won't get access to an insane number of windows close to each other.

They also slightly increased the window vault speed for killer.

Unfortunately they gutted the Legion. Still went ahead with the senseless nerf to the Saw killer (the Pig). Still haven't addressed how obscenely overpowered the perk Mettle of Man is (A perk that gives survivors armor after they get hit 3 times). And the new end game still heavily favors survivors. On the plus side, the game will just end now. One guy can't run around and waste your time for 20 minutes or more. In case you were wondering, survivors are extremely spiteful and will do that kind of shit.

Oh, and survivors still ragequit all the time. The community figured out a few months ago that ragequitting doesn't get punished. In fact, the devs noticed the surge of ragequitting and decided to... Drum roll... Change it so you don't lose your rank when you ragequit. You read that right. Before, if you ragequitted like a cunt you lost your rank or points towards your rank (these are called "pips"). But now you lose nothing except your offering and your add-ons.

Last edited:
Tags
None