Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

How long until the devs nerf Pyramid Head?

• By end of PTB

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 3 weeks after the release goes live

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 3-6 months like Legion

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • He'll remain the same or possibly get buffs and be accused of being Pay 2 Win

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A_Callow_Youth

kiwifarms.net

For those of you who don't know Space Coconut, he's a small-time streamer and one of the more high-profile members of the DbD forums, with many of his videos being responses to ongoing discussions there. He's a killer main and not shy about calling out survivors and devs alike on their shit, which makes this particular video jarring in its optimism. It's not an absurd chain of logic: better match balancing will lead to a well-defined division of killer tiers, thus leading to better game balance, but the fact that we are dealing with this particular game and this particular staff makes that far too optimistic of an appraisal for me.

Reactions: Hex: Devour Ass

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

For those of you who don't know Space Coconut, he's a small-time streamer and one of the more high-profile members of the DbD forums, with many of his videos being responses to ongoing discussions there. He's a killer main and not shy about calling out survivors and devs alike on their shit, which makes this particular video jarring in its optimism. It's not an absurd chain of logic: better match balancing will lead to a well-defined division of killer tiers, thus leading to better game balance, but the fact that we are dealing with this particular game and this particular staff makes that far too optimistic of an appraisal for me.
Coconut (it's a guy and he's married, yeah, I don't get the voice either) has also been banned on their forums for wrong think too.

1wngdngl

kiwifarms.net
what kind of killers y'all like? I've been maining Oni for a while but I've been learning some Ghostface and Legion.
I don't play a lot nowadays and whenever I do I retreated to playing survivor for the sake of my fragile nerves. But I did play like 90ish hrs ever since buying the game a month ago as killers and my faves are Spirit, Oni, PH and Wraith. I've also dabbled in playing Hag as of late and I do play Meyers sometimes, he's very easy to get 4k with

ExsanguinateHorizon

bruh
kiwifarms.net
I main Ghostface for the sexual thrill, but Wraith will always have a special place as my first learning experience (ty @BrunoMattei ) . Apparently Legion might get another rework before the next apocalypse which I'd love, his schtick was what initially got me interested in Killers.

I looked over some of the unlockable lore and it's ridiculous lol

There's at least two characters that griped repeatedly about not wanting to be seen as 'social justice warriors' for 'doing the right thing' and Dwight's boss was a comically evil CEO named Lazar who talks like a fedora villain. Idealogue characters (like the commie in VtM) or those fighting against prejudices are completely fine - IF they're well written. But on top of the writing being hamfisted they can't help but insert their power fantasy into it.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When did that happen, and for how long? I'm pretty sure he was still posting there as of last week.
It was a few months ago. I think it was a week-long ban.

I forgot to mention, I also like Demo's abilities, but she's so fucking hard to get good with
I never bothered. I'm not a super fan of Stranger Things and the power of the Demo is very mediocre.

Edit because I try to avoid double posting: I'm loving that the devs disabled DC penalties. It's like going back in time because survivor cunts are ragequitting like no tomorrow. God forbid you tunnel or counter Borrowed Time with your killer of choice because there's almost a 99% guarantee of a ragequit.

Last edited:

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
It was a few months ago. I think it was a week-long ban.

I never bothered. I'm not a super fan of Stranger Things and the power of the Demo is very mediocre.

Edit because I try to avoid double posting: I'm loving that the devs disabled DC penalties. It's like going back in time because survivor cunts are ragequitting like no tomorrow. God forbid you tunnel or counter Borrowed Time with your killer of choice because there's almost a 99% guarantee of a ragequit.
Excuse me what? They got rid of the rage quit penalty? Fuck DbD, it will never get my money. These incompetent fucks worshiping the dying mad house know as Overkill Studios was already a fucking tip off that they would be bad at managing a game.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Excuse me what? They got rid of the rage quit penalty? Fuck DbD, it will never get my money. These incompetent fucks worshiping the dying mad house know as Overkill Studios was already a fucking tip off that they would be bad at managing a game.
Yeah, I explained it a few pages ago. Streamer Tru3Ta1ent got hacked and the hackers were able to give him a 48 hour timeout. So the devs decided, without announcing this, is to just disable the punishment altogether until presumably this is fixed? We don't know...

I wish they didn't buff Leatherface right now because then I'd have a good excuse to take a several month long break.

ChucklesTheJester

Dream Diver
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I explained it a few pages ago. Streamer Tru3Ta1ent got hacked and the hackers were able to give him a 48 hour timeout. So the devs decided, without announcing this, is to just disable the punishment altogether until presumably this is fixed? We don't know...

I wish they didn't buff Leatherface right now because then I'd have a good excuse to take a several month long break.

I think I get why they called fog whisperers now. It's because all the devs hear or care to hear from them is like whispers in the wind, and is mostly if not completely ignored.

Hex: Devour Ass

kiwifarms.net
I'm conflicted on Coconut because I generally agree with a lot of his opinions but he's such a little bitch when you call him out for vague-posting and his Cicero laugh is fuckin' cringe. Also, a Legion rework? Could be neat, quite enjoy Legion gameplay when I'm just trying to relax. I'd quote but I'm very new to forums and am retarded. Been trying my hand at Huntress as well, gameplay is fun but I suck at landing hatchets outside of pallets / windows. People were saying there might be a Ghostface rework as well but from what I've seen it's probably just a new cosmetic.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A Legion rework will never happen. That foppish guy who is head of balancing thinks he's fine and someone over there just really hates Legion because they keep nerfing that character and destroying any Legion tech that's discovered. I doubt they're doing a Ghostface rework because he's fine. There's most likely more costumes coming.

Huntress is insanely hard to use. Up there with Nurse and Spirit. It's all about leading your shot and making predictions. And unfortunately survivors can turn on a dime so even when they have nothing to duck behind they can still turn at the last possible second to avoid the hatchet the instant they hear the Huntress make a noise.

Deathslinger is hard as fuck for the same reason except there's even more restrictions.

I think the best killer with a ranged attack is Plague. They really can't do much even if they have Dead Hard and Plague can steam roll super hard especially with Infectious Fright. Edit: Plague or Pyramid Head obviously are the best ranged killers.

Last edited:

ExsanguinateHorizon

bruh
kiwifarms.net
survivor cunts are ragequitting like no tomorrow
mfw survivor quitting during loading used up my gateau

Didn't look closely at the MMR stuff but due to the way the community is I can only see it going downhill. Personally I think they should just have a testing period of maybe a season or two to see how it goes before committing.

Also I have no idea what's going on but lately as Killer I've been consistently matched with survivors who are levels 1-10, it's kind of fine because it's a learning experience, but also having games where I can't do anything lol

God almighty I wish they'd just leave when the gates open instead of looking for me to poke, I want to re-queue already

• Agree
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
mfw survivor quitting during loading used up my gateau

Didn't look closely at the MMR stuff but due to the way the community is I can only see it going downhill. Personally I think they should just have a testing period of maybe a season or two to see how it goes before committing.

Also I have no idea what's going on but lately as Killer I've been consistently matched with survivors who are levels 1-10, it's kind of fine because it's a learning experience, but also having games where I can't do anything lol

God almighty I wish they'd just leave when the gates open instead of looking for me to poke, I want to re-queue already
It's some kind of tism going on when they refuse to leave. They get very offended in the chat when you tell them they should have left. It has to be autism why they refuse to leave. The only way to make them leave other than chase them out or wait for End Game Collapse is if they think you have Blood Warden.

• Agree
Reactions: ExsanguinateHorizon

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Double post because this made me laugh my ass off. Literally, my ass fell off:

Let me set this up first: I had a daily. It was a very easy one but it was for a killer I don't use and I would be the first to say I'm not good with. I got the daily but played against assholes. So, second and final match of the night I decide to use Ghostface for a bit of revenge.

umad1.jpg

umad2.jpg

umad3.jpg

I'm not even really a fan of the Scream franchise. I think the design of Ghostface is cool. But I'm more of a fan of the other big franchises over Scream. But god damn is Ghostface good in this. Being able to use his power to completely counter Borrowed Time, counter retarded loops, and get some surprise hits and even a gen grab if you're lucky is fucking nice.

Leatherface with that add-on that shows them within 8 meters is going to be fucking amazing. Like I said, use that with BBQ and be able to determine how many are hovering the hook. Worst case scenario is that one guy baits you into a chase while the others hook rush or all of them come running for the rescue but that still works in your favor because you're forcing them to leave the god damn gens.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
I've stopped getting hate sadly but I'm still winning. Played a lot of Survivor for easier goals on advancing my charms in the Archive and I'm up from 20 to 8(purple) in my first month playing. These people scumming around in green and below have no fucking excuse; you can often pip up even when you get hooked & die as the second victim, if you're actually doing gens, being bold, helping with hooks and heals; basically just not getting caught in the first 30 seconds. Even sticking around from a bad start, it's easy to rack up points and rank up if you get rescued and don't fuck up more.

I'm floating around 14 as Killer; I bought Freddy to learn him and went down two ranks as a result(even though I saved up 200K bloodpoints to start him at level 30), then went back to Wraith and had much better games with moris and speed stealth/beast&coxcomb superstealth games. Even managed to get three back-to-back 4Ks in a mix of indoors and outdoors by controlling 3-gen on the last generator with only yellow addons(mud speed & minor reappearance time) and no special offerings.

Looking forward to the new Archive for playing Killer because survivors will stop trying so hard for awhile and start fucking up games trying to do stupid goals like unhooking 15 people or healing double health states in a single trial. Not sure if I'll use the new charm, it's kind of fugly but might look better with particle effects or other colors in-game:
1595748675339.png

Really the only rift stuff I regret not getting from playing sooner was Clown's elephant costume and maybe the pizza/arcade/stuffed doll charms. I've bumped into a few survivors asking about where the 4 year anniversary crown comes from and it's amazing to me how the game keeps getting new players inbetween content like this.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've stopped getting hate sadly but I'm still winning. Played a lot of Survivor for easier goals on advancing my charms in the Archive and I'm up from 20 to 8(purple) in my first month playing. These people scumming around in green and below have no fucking excuse; you can often pip up even when you get hooked & die as the second victim, if you're actually doing gens, being bold, helping with hooks and heals; basically just not getting caught in the first 30 seconds. Even sticking around from a bad start, it's easy to rack up points and rank up if you get rescued and don't fuck up more.

I'm floating around 14 as Killer; I bought Freddy to learn him and went down two ranks as a result(even though I saved up 200K bloodpoints to start him at level 30), then went back to Wraith and had much better games with moris and speed stealth/beast&coxcomb superstealth games. Even managed to get three back-to-back 4Ks in a mix of indoors and outdoors by controlling 3-gen on the last generator with only yellow addons(mud speed & minor reappearance time) and no special offerings.

Looking forward to the new Archive for playing Killer because survivors will stop trying so hard for awhile and start fucking up games trying to do stupid goals like unhooking 15 people or healing double health states in a single trial. Not sure if I'll use the new charm, it's kind of fugly but might look better with particle effects or other colors in-game:
View attachment 1474618

Really the only rift stuff I regret not getting from playing sooner was Clown's elephant costume and maybe the pizza/arcade/stuffed doll charms. I've bumped into a few survivors asking about where the 4 year anniversary crown comes from and it's amazing to me how the game keeps getting new players inbetween content like this.
This is really good at showing how to play Freddy with basic perks:

And for high level Freddy:

Any gen related perk excluding Overcharge and Gear Head are extremely good on him.

Tags
None