Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

How long until the devs nerf Pyramid Head?

• By end of PTB

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 3 weeks after the release goes live

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 3-6 months like Legion

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • He'll remain the same or possibly get buffs and be accused of being Pay 2 Win

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just to throw a little more info out there for people who may not know:

The Pig (Saw killer) is getting cosmetics like this:

You might think that's neat despite the fact that the devs just nerfed the Pig. But here's a funny tidbit: The Pig has add-ons that don't work and the devs have never acknowledged it.

Notice the description that say's "Considerable increase time it takes Survivor to search a Jigsaw box." The way the Pig works is that you can put a Reverse Bear Trap on survivor's heads and they have two minutes to go to boxes and through a skillcheck get the trap off. Only one of these 4 boxes (can be increased to 6 with add-ons) will get the trap off of them. The add-on and the other one like it doesn't work. It doesn't increase the time to search a box. It's been known since the day the Pig came out over a year ago. And it's still not fixed. Same applies to Leatherface's Chili add-on:

The chili legit does nothing. It doesn't increase your acceleration at all. The devs insist it does something but refuses to go into detail. Meanwhile, if you try using it you'll notice it actually does nothing.

Also, fun fact: When you prestige a character the game outright say's that when you do this you'll increase the chance of getting good add-ons in your bloodweb. Good add-ons being Ultra Rare's. It was determined recently that prestiging doesn't actually do that. It doesn't increase the number of good add-ons at all. It's still random.

Why I still play this frustrating POS I have no idea.

Tism the Return

EI EI OH!
kiwifarms.net
Just to throw a little more info out there for people who may not know:

The Pig (Saw killer) is getting cosmetics like this:

View attachment 755720

You might think that's neat despite the fact that the devs just nerfed the Pig. But here's a funny tidbit: The Pig has add-ons that don't work and the devs have never acknowledged it.

View attachment 755722

Notice the description that say's "Considerable increase time it takes Survivor to search a Jigsaw box." The way the Pig works is that you can put a Reverse Bear Trap on survivor's heads and they have two minutes to go to boxes and through a skillcheck get the trap off. Only one of these 4 boxes (can be increased to 6 with add-ons) will get the trap off of them. The add-on and the other one like it doesn't work. It doesn't increase the time to search a box. It's been known since the day the Pig came out over a year ago. And it's still not fixed. Same applies to Leatherface's Chili add-on:

View attachment 755727

The chili legit does nothing. It doesn't increase your acceleration at all. The devs insist it does something but refuses to go into detail. Meanwhile, if you try using it you'll notice it actually does nothing.

Also, fun fact: When you prestige a character the game outright say's that when you do this you'll increase the chance of getting good add-ons in your bloodweb. Good add-ons being Ultra Rare's. It was determined recently that prestiging doesn't actually do that. It doesn't increase the number of good add-ons at all. It's still random.

Why I still play this frustrating POS I have no idea.
Like I said the game is broken but not in a fun "haha, look at this silly thing" way like Friday the 13th was but in a way that makes you wonder if it's just a highly polished beta. It feels like each time you do anything in-game there's a 10/20/70 split that won't work, behave erratically (AKA bug the fuck out) or...it'll work as intended. And working as intended with certain mechanics (windows pre-nerf, breaking bloodlust) is still awful.

• Agree
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Like I said the game is broken but not in a fun "haha, look at this silly thing" way like Friday the 13th was but in a way that makes you wonder if it's just a highly polished beta. It feels like each time you do anything in-game there's a 10/20/70 split that won't work, behave erratically (AKA bug the fuck out) or...it'll work as intended. And working as intended with certain mechanics (windows pre-nerf, breaking bloodlust) is still awful.
And the most absolutely insane part is that DbD is the best slasher game by default.

• Feels
Reactions: Pop-Tart

wrangled tard

Types in full sentences, for some reason.
kiwifarms.net
And the most absolutely insane part is that DbD is the best slasher game by default.
It holds the genre equivalent of a monopoly, what else are you going to play for an asymmetrical pvp horror game? Friday the 13th with it's 300 players? DBD can be as shit as it wants to and no one can contest it since it has no competition. League has a similar problem with balance but because it has dota constantly right behind them they have to focus on monetization and keeping their playerbase happy. It's a crazy fucking concept, I know.

wrangled tard

kiwifarms.net
Take this with a grain of salt but uhhh what the fuck? https://youtu.be/XLtiDYagRLU
Assuming it's real why the fuck would they do this? Is this what Behaviour's been spending their time on instead of fixing their broken game? In all honesty though this just seems like a very strange ui mod, a dev attempting to make a proof of concept or a very elaborate hoax.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
It seems to have found a local equivalent of the Creative Assembly rut, where for some unfathomable reason nobody can quite do what they do, even when they don't do it particularly well.

Supposedly we're getting a Freddy rework announced in the next 2 weeks. Vaguely curious but not holding my breath.

• Agree

wrangled tard

kiwifarms.net
It seems to have found a local equivalent of the Creative Assembly rut, where for some unfathomable reason nobody can quite do what they do, even when they don't do it particularly well.

Supposedly we're getting a Freddy rework announced in the next 2 weeks. Vaguely curious but not holding my breath.
Pretty excited for the rework now tbh. It looks broken as fuck and should be fun for the first few weeks before they nerf him into the ground again.

• Feels

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I assume you're referring to Alien Isolation and that game is almost perfectly executed. It just has some rough spots like bad human a.i., too much focus fighting humans and androids, and it's a little overlong (should have ended right after the Hive).

Pretty excited for the rework now tbh. It looks broken as fuck and should be fun for the first few weeks before they nerf him into the ground again.
On the plus side Mettle of Man got nerfed. Supposedly Ghost face is getting nerfed like losing his stalk after getting hit by a pallet. It's always one step forward and two steps back with these devs. The fabled Freddy rework I'll believe when I see it.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
I assume you're referring to Alien Isolation and that game is almost perfectly executed. It just has some rough spots like bad human a.i., too much focus fighting humans and androids, and it's a little overlong (should have ended right after the Hive).
I was thinking the Total War series, where even with subpar entries *hackThronesOfBritanniacough* nobody else seems to hybridize TBS and RTS the way they do.

On the plus side Mettle of Man got nerfed. Supposedly Ghost face is getting nerfed like losing his stalk after getting hit by a pallet. It's always one step forward and wo steps back with these devs. The fabled Freddy rework I'll believe when I see it.
Losing stalk after eating a pallet isn't too bad; the big step backwards IMO is having Enduring now only apply to pallet stuns, meaning Decisive Strike is good again.

Decisive Strike needs to not be good again.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking the Total War series, where even with subpar entries *hackThronesOfBritanniacough* nobody else seems to hybridize TBS and RTS the way they do.

Losing stalk after eating a pallet isn't too bad; the big step backwards IMO is having Enduring now only apply to pallet stuns, meaning Decisive Strike is good again.

Decisive Strike needs to not be good again.
I've been away for a month. Lemme guess, they didn't fix the problem with Obsession status, right? Shortly after the extremely long awaited DS nerf they decided to buff it by making totally random players the Obsession even if no one, including the killer, is using an Obsession perk.

Which meant that you couldn't be assured if someone had DS or not and slug them to counter their get away for free perk.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, and the latest patch broke several Survivor perks. Survivors can run whenever they want to if they have Sprint Burst and Wake Up gives them an extra 15% bonus in action speed (I.E. completing generators).

L

LU 010

kiwifarms.net
Just saying guys. If some company make a game like dbd with basically the same mech, do you feel like they will get sued?

Cause I really want that sweet sweet dbd money lol
IDK about that but I'd fork over a lot of money for an asymmetrical PVP slasher game that doesn't suck hot roasted donkey balls.

Pig was my main, not that it matters because they've incentivized survivor-side ragequits so strongly that I haven't been able to finish a single fucking game since that dumbfuck patch went live.

• Agree

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Epic has the right idea.
kiwifarms.net
It's just a bunch of Star Trek nerd babble, eh?
Pretty much, if someone could hang back and drink coffee in the movie where Kirk and Spock went back to 1987 and shit talked punks, the future space-time-society commentary is lost on the common ape-man.
I mean it, it's actually really interesting and if any poster could expand on what's wrong or right at least I would appreciate it. I've looked up some terms but other things eludes me, it's not as dense as DOTA/LOL/MMORPG but search results often lead to just stat pages and no commentary.

MadDamon

MAD DAMON
kiwifarms.net
IDK about that but I'd fork over a lot of money for an asymmetrical PVP slasher game that doesn't suck hot roasted donkey balls.

Pig was my main, not that it matters because they've incentivized survivor-side ragequits so strongly that I haven't been able to finish a single fucking game since that dumbfuck patch went live.
People say that the Identity V game on mobile is better. Some staff in dbd help made the game, and it's pg13 with no gore and blood. But people said it's better than dbd. Check it out maybe.

• Disagree

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Not to mention the insanely reatarded nerf to the Pig's traps where, if all gens are powered, fuck you. It doesn't matter if a guy has a trap on his head, they can just walk right out. They couldn't let the Pig keep this one good thing that she had.

Pretty much, if someone could hang back and drink coffee in the movie where Kirk and Spock went back to 1987 and shit talked punks, the future space-time-society commentary is lost on the common ape-man.
I mean it, it's actually really interesting and if any poster could expand on what's wrong or right at least I would appreciate it. I've looked up some terms but other things eludes me, it's not as dense as DOTA/LOL/MMORPG but search results often lead to just stat pages and no commentary.
First I'll say what's right about it:

The fact that it exists. We have a Slasher game where you can play as Michael Myers, Leatherface, Freddy (although it's remake Freddy), one of the Saw killers, Ash, and now Ghostface (and possibly Pinhead down the line).

Aesthetically it's pretty damn good when it comes to atmosphere and little details. The grind is ingeniously designed and encourages you to keep coming back even though it's gotten ridiculous needing to grab very specific perks in order to level the playing field somewhat as Killer.

What's wrong about it is the balance and technical issues that plague it:

1st problem: Game is very Survivor-sided. Survivors have access to multiple Get Away For Free/2nd chance perks in addition to just how the game is designed that favors them by default. Devs have stated that they want on average 2 kills and 2 Survivors escaping for every game. If the Survivor side of the community, especially when the streamers are the ones cheer-leading this nonsense, chances are extremely high that the devs will cater to their crying and make changes. It's happened multiple times throughout the game's life such as:

Freddy getting heavily nerfed 2 weeks after release when low rank 20 players cried about him being "unfun."

Once upon a time the devs heavily tweaked the number of pallets in game to a level where looping wasn't nearly as prevalent as it is now. Survivors cried and the change was reverted.

Legion comes out. Legion is pretty unanimously considered to be not as good as the Nurse (the Nurse is considered the absolute best killer in the game because she has mobility/map control and can outright counter pallet and window looping). Survivors hate the Legion because counters looping and ragequit en masse. It is then made obvious that you don't get punished for ragequitting at all. To stem the tidal wave of ragequitting, the devs nerfed Legion. You know, instead of actually punishing ragequitting.

Once upon a time the Killer could just close the Hatch and the final Survivor had to complete a gen or use a key to open it. This was tested in a Playable Test Build. Survivor side cried and the change didn't make it through leading to Hatch Standoffs being present in the game for almost an entire year until the devs presented a new end game that still gives Survivors plenty of opportunities to win.

BTW: most of the streamers for this game only play Survivor and are entitled cunt nuggets. There's very few streamers that only play Killer or alternate between Killer/Survivor. Devs tend to listen to the streamers too.

2nd problem:

The core design of the game is broken (if you play Killer) and basically requires you to either (A) use one or two Killers at all times to stand a chance against Survivors that know how to play the game or (B) be forced to use very specific perks to counter bad game design.

Let's take Ruin for example: Ruin is a hex perk that affects the skillcheck when Survivors work on gens. Survivors need to complete 5 gens and then open an exit to win. A gen takes 80 seconds to complete if one Survivor works on it. And less than that depending on the number of Survivor's working on the gen. So Ruin is pretty much the only thing you can do to slow down their gen progress. And even then there's multiple ways for them to counter it.

There's numerous problems that feed into each other:

You don't have enough time as Killer because gens get done too quickly, it takes too long to kill a Survivor (they need to be hooked 3 times before they finally die), certain maps have really bad loops and/or bad RNG with pallet/window placement that waste too much time. A handful of maps are notorious for being trash for killer and a lot of killers just ragequit a map like Haddonfield or Thompson House or Crotus Penn Asylum.

And the coup de gras: Survive With Friends (SWF) breaks the fucking game. The reason why is that the cunts play SWF using mics through Discord or whatever. The game doesn't offer voice chat. The problem boils down to the simple fact that the Survivors having that knowledge of where you are (as Killer), where the gens are, how many pallets are up, what perks/items each of them have, and etc. It completely destroys the game. For example: I chase a guy, this guy tells his buds he's getting chased so don't worry do gens, I finally down and hook him, the instant I leave he tells them exactly where I'm going or if I'm camping the area. That is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation right there. Then you throw in the 2nd chance perks, terrible maps and other bullshit and you get a perfect storm of autism.

I hope this was helpful and apologize for the Trump style wall of Text.

PS: I forgot to mention that it's always the Survivor side of the community that promotes that you (as Killer) HAVE to play by their rules. As I said in my OP post, Survivors are like that one playing Tag that keeps changing the rules so that they win. And this doesn't apply to a minority of players too. This applies to the majority and includes the streamers.

Thou shalt not camp (hook a Survivor and stay at that hook or patrol that area).

Thou shalt not tunnel (going after a Survivor that just got unhooked even though it will take only one hit to down as opposed to two hits for healthy survivors). BTW: Devs give Survivors multiple perks to counter "tunneling" like DS and Borrowed Time and those two perks got buffed very recently).

Thou shalt not use a Mori (a Mori allows you to kill a Survivor that has been hooked once).

Thou shalt not use No One Escapes Death (an end game perk that can be countered that gives Killers a slight movement speed boost and allows them to down in one hit).

Thou shalt not use Ruin (despite being easily countered in numerous ways).

Thou shalt not use BBQ & Chili (a perk that's also easily countered and devs went out of their way to make it so).

Thou shalt not use great add-ons (I.E. Iridescent Head for the Huntress that downs in one hit with her Hatchet). The faggots developed their own way to belittle Killer players using great perks and add-ons and call them "Sweaty Players" which is something the faggot streamers like Angry Pug came up with.

And it keeps going.

People say that the Identity V game on mobile is better. Some staff in dbd help made the game, and it's pg13 with no gore and blood. But people said it's better than dbd. Check it out maybe.
You're mostly incorrect. It was a Chinese developed clone of DbD like only how the Chinese can do it. Behavior got involved instead of suing them and get a cut of their sales or something.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole
L

LU 010

kiwifarms.net
Not to mention the insanely reatarded nerf to the Pig's traps where, if all gens are powered, fuck you. It doesn't matter if a guy has a trap on his head, they can just walk right out. They couldn't let the Pig keep this one good thing that she had.
Right? Fuck my whole endgame, I guess. Not to mention, the best part of playing pig is watching some dude with a trap on sprint for the door and go kablooey.

'preciate it but
>mobile game
nah tho

Tags
None